New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Demise (IC)

"All right," Vornakartos replies to Solimad, "we can do that after breakfast. I'm going to go walk for a bit and stretch out. I'll be back when you're all done." He strolls towards the door and then exits, beginning to walk slowly down the street.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Vornakatos - You walk outside into the street and see many people wandering about. From the doors down the street you can see: A butcher, a antiques shop, the pub you just came out of and near the end the Adventurers Guild, dominating the street.

The street is crowded and there appears to be a few cutpurses around, not that any would come near you.

Rest of the party in the pub - The barman walks away while you eat and consider his offer. The food is delicious (especially when Prestidigiated better) and you wonder whether it actually costed 5 copper to make this.

A couple of the men on top of the pile wake up and walk up to the bar to have more drinks. It seems that common sense is seriously lacking here. One of them eyes up Prioly.
    Last edited by Connor Darkdart; 2009-04-29 at 06:54 AM.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Con Bar by Dorion Soth

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sonimad removes his gloves, tucking them into the pockets of his vest, and eagerly sets to devouring his meal. The necromancer grins as he eats his bacon and eggs, using his fried bread to soak up the yolk afterward.

Once he finishes eating, Sonimad wipes his hands clean on a napkin, and eyes the activity with a frown, especially when one of them begins eyeing Prioly.

"I'd advise against that," the necromancer says. He clenches his bare hand into a tight fist, the negative energy infusing his hands glowing malevolently from within.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyrian tugs his helmet off with a sigh. Underneath, shaggy, dirty blond hair partially shadows a face half-consumed by some sort of dark growth, vein-like tentacles creeping across his cheekbone. His skin is cracked and dry, like ancient paper, and his eye glows a malevolent orange.

Spoiler
    Show

His face twitches, jerking as he stares down at the food. For a moment, the ghost of a delighted grin can be seen on his lips. "Wow, bacon! I haven't had that since..." His face suddenly contorts in mid-sentence, and the grin twists into a wordless snarl. Sneering, Kyrian chomps down the food, barely seeming to taste it or even care as his glowing eye seeming to bounce around inside his socket, chaotically avoiding anyone's gaze.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

The man chuckles at Sonimads comment. He seems to think Sonimad is some weedy boyfriend. He looks carefully at Kyrian but decides to venture over to the table.

"Why hello there, whats a sweet young thing like you doing with such a wimpling like him?" the man says while pointing at Sonimad.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

Looks like a normal day. Vornakartos breathes deeply as he walks past the butcher's shop. Smells good. Hmmm...I'm not that hungry though. I'll wait until later to buy anything. Work up an appetite first. After a few more minutes, he turns around and begins to make his way back towards the bar, sniffing deeply as he passes the butcher's shop on the way back.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Vornakatos comes back into the pub, and resumes sitting down where he was. The man is still waiting for a reply from Prioly.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Prioly pauses eating her oatmeal and smiles up at the stranger, removing one of her gloves to reveal a blazing hand beneath. "Usually providing fire support. Why do you ask?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

The man looks shocked at the firey hands and backs away, walking back towards his drink on the bar. You can hear his friend laughing at him from the bar and distincly hear "**** you, Fred"

The barman approaches with the bill, "Erm, have you considered my offer yet, oh lords and lady" he says, while carefully setting down the bill.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Sonimad chuckles at her reply. He knew she could stand up for herself, but he nonetheless felt protective of her at times. "Well-put, Prioly," he said, the dark energy slowly settling down in his hand. The necromancer turns to the barman. "How well does it pay?" he asks calmly.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2009-04-29 at 12:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Prioly meerly nods at Sonimad and returns her attention to her oatmeal and milk after putting her glove back on. She was going to ask what she should make the "gentleman's" beer taste like, but the barkeep showed up. Better to wait until he was out of earshot.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

The man looks around at the broken tables and the shattered glass.

“20 gold a day, maximum. I would ask whoever does it blends in as well, I don~t want people stop drinking because of some Golem standing in the middle of the room, No offence.“ he says, eyeing the Golem carefully.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

"I can disguise myself fairly well," Sonimad says, "but my arcane talent does not allow me to conceal the true nature of others." Sonimad pops the last bite of fried bread into his mouth, savoring it for a few seconds. "Of course, we've got other jobs to consider, as well, so we may have to turn you down anyway." The necromancer wipes his hands clean once more before putting on his gloves.

14. - Top - End - #104

Vornakartos grins broadly when Prioly chases the man off with her display. After the barman inquires again about employment, he laughs under his breath and replies. "If you think the a golem would be bad for business, I can't imagine what you'd think I'd do. Blending in isn't really one of my strong suits."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, we don't all need to work as bouncers. Soni, you're tough enough to handle some unarmed drunks, and you can easily patch yourself up in case they do manage to deal some damage. The rest of us can take an in-town guild job... Preferably somewhere near here so that we can do that job that involves doing the town guard's job." Prioly then downs the last of her milk after her brief rant.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

"I agree with Priory. Let's get to it."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

17. - Top - End - #107

"Be that as it may," Sonimad says, "I'd rather not risk my life on said 'toughness' protecting me from a broken bottle to the kidneys. Methinks I'll look for a guild job as well." Sonimad then stands.

18. - Top - End - #108

"We're all going to the Guild now, then?" Vornakartos makes towards the door for the second time in under ten minutes.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

The barman slunks away and resumes serving the two men at the bar. Some other people are waking up from the stack of bodies and slowly walking over to the bar.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

"Yeah, we'll go back and speak with Jack, and then we can head to Ryt Phoen and talk about the demolition job, while Wrex can talk to Lord Mortin."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm bored, Ive spent the last 3 hours running on caffeine in the middle of the night, and I have done way too much work, so I feel like a recap!

We rejoin the party of Dark Demise, and for a quick recap of what they have been doing.

First the group was treated to the ingenious sculptings of some twisted illusionist who projected a shared dream into their minds during their sleep in the Adventurer's Guild in Kaurh. The quasi-trap was escaped by quick thinking on the part of Prioly Banefire's ingenious plan... TO HUG THE COUATL!

Once the suspension of the disbelief in the illusion was broken, the illusion failed and as a result the members of the party woke up with a start, all commenting on this weird dream they had of a Couatl etc.

After preparing for their daily trek around the town, they descended to the bottom floor of their dorm, stopping on their way out to read the noticeboard of tasks available. After numerous grumbling on the part of the party (although mainly Sonimad) about the lack of non-guild pest control (I mean really, Rats in Rat Soup?) they decided to enter the main Adventurers Guild to see the important missions.

Here they met the burly secretary, who issued them with copies of the requests made by some of the more prominent members of Karhu society. After asking to be given time to think, they walked off to the pub to join Prioly and Co for breakfast.

During their time there, they have been nearly cheated by the barman, offered a job and Prioly attemptedly courted by a drunkard.

After all this commotion, the party is now sitting in the main bar, discussing what they are going to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    All of this is in fun only, no offence was intended
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft check to recognize Summon Plot Exposition: (1d20+9)[13]

Sonimad looks overhead at the recap. "Thanks for that," the necromancer says. He tips his hat appreciatively.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2009-05-07 at 11:09 PM.