New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Belief in Magic

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Belief in Magic

believe me you are better than this... You can't tell me that this is your best because some of the panels\comics are better than the rest.. you can see where you put a lot of effort into it and where you have not.

Personally I don't color my hand drawings either (check fan-art section of Shards of Siberys), it was just a hint at maybe making it better. If not, at least get the shading down.

as for the actual comic I can't say anything constructive about it because I don't have the skills to make an effective analysis. Art's my thing, not writing and that sort of stuff.

Have you tried Inkscape? Believe me you're just a short tutorial away from being a vector graphics artist. People with no hand-drawing background are not very good at Inskape(some exceptions of course), but people with some skill [like you] there are best suited (I usually draw a rough sketch of what my inkscape art will be like [although the sketches look a lot like your comics do now, after processing they turn into something easier to read])

I will never stop advocating inkscape because I'm convinced it's the best for webcomics.

[sorry if I come out to agresive here but I like to think it's for the best, aka constructive]

oh, and one more thing.. If you do take on Inkscape (free, download off their site) I promice I'll help with any problem you face while learning it... just PM me. You have the potential and right now you are displaying your sketches instead of the finish products - coloring is done with a single button too.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hacktor View Post
    believe me you are better than this... You can't tell me that this is your best because some of the panels\comics are better than the rest.. you can see where you put a lot of effort into it and where you have not.

Personally I don't color my hand drawings either (check fan-art section of Shards of Siberys), it was just a hint at maybe making it better. If not, at least get the shading down.

as for the actual comic I can't say anything constructive about it because I don't have the skills to make an effective analysis. Art's my thing, not writing and that sort of stuff.

Have you tried Inkscape? Believe me you're just a short tutorial away from being a vector graphics artist. People with no hand-drawing background are not very good at Inskape(some exceptions of course), but people with some skill [like you] there are best suited (I usually draw a rough sketch of what my inkscape art will be like [although the sketches look a lot like your comics do now, after processing they turn into something easier to read])

I will never stop advocating inkscape because I'm convinced it's the best for webcomics.

[sorry if I come out to agresive here but I like to think it's for the best, aka constructive]

oh, and one more thing.. If you do take on Inkscape (free, download off their site) I promice I'll help with any problem you face while learning it... just PM me. You have the potential and right now you are displaying your sketches instead of the finish products - coloring is done with a single button too.
    Have inkscape, despise it. The original comics were made with it before I actually got good at it, but just because I'm good at it doesn't mean I have to like it. If ever I try to produce something like these in it, they take twice the time and lose twice the quality. I have no tablet to make them smooth drawings, so they look awful.

Edit: also, just thought I should mention that the images are about 2 1/2 times the size I draw them, so the really small panels lost a lot of quality... some of them look really silly because I couldn't see what the hells I was doing .
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-09-18 at 06:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post

"A little more effort into the art" seems to be a recurring theme, despite the fact that I generally put my all into this stuff... duly noted.
    Don't listen to him. He's insane.

Although, now that he mentions it, I realize I do sometimes have trouble telling two characters apart in your comic. And I can barely tell what the heck is going on in it.

And I think the females can be slightly sexier.

Then again, I have those complaints about nearly EVERY comic on these forums. That might have more to do with me then you.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-09-18 at 06:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Hacktor, you didn't see the first half of the comics did you?
    ____

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

...I did but I though the artist gave up on him half way through...

Also .. you don't need a tablet... just work with basic shapes and then Boolean\edit\ etc.. them... no talent needed..

Well then. Have it your way then. I wish you luck.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Heh, like this comic. Keep up the good work!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

In apology for the poor quality of this first one (It was a rush job done a couple weeks ago while sitting in my school library), I have gone ahead and included the endchapter as well, wherein I begun attempting to alter the facial stuff to make them more recogniseable.

Strip 23
    Spoiler
    Show

Strip 24
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Crap.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Strip 25
    Spoiler
    Show

Entering the second week of my holiday, totally almost forgot that I don't have buffer anymore... At least I remembered.