New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sympathy for the Devil (IC)

Melpomene

"Oh, Spirit?"
    Melpomene looks towards the familiar and gestures to it, summoning it over to her.
    "We just sort of met- he was flitting around one of the sites I was investigating. He doesn't talk, but we sort of clicked, so he follows me around now."
    She smiles pleasantly.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta lies in the angel's arms, her needs and hungers had been raised by her own herbal concotion though and stoked by the beauty and pleasures of Persephone.

I musn't feed... I... just a taste...

As the Angel's pleasures peaked she drew a tiny taste of the angelic life force released by Seph's awakening... She shuddered in ecstacy, at the richest energy she'd ever tasted. Her body clasped Steph's, the energy pouring into her, filling dark empty holes that had been ripped in her long ago...

A short time later, she lay, sighing next to Persephone.

Will: (1d6)[1]

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'll stop using that one. ;) Just a code for what she was doing that most of us understand.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-05-01 at 06:39 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

"Riko, you are surrounded by dangers you can't see. That human knew far more about you then he should. If you are unwary, he will seek to use you."

...something about him.

"I don't want to fight you sister, but I will. But maybe there is another way..."

He couldn't figure anything out about the two Mortal's, but their presence brought to mind something.

"Let me stay beside you. Show me what you are doing. And I will show you what I do. Who knows, perhaps you will convince me."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lord Franz Deitrich

Ah, they are siblings. I suppose I must get his permission then in the future. Must be some sort of sibling-

Brother.

Young Lord Deitrich.

Franz is thinking as walks down the alley, just getting out of earshot after Amadeus said "sister".

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"I see." Emmeline studied the board and sighed. She was out of legal moves and there were more black pieces than white. "So, you've been investigating the supernatural for a while now?"

___

Seph made a little satisfied sound and snuggled closer to Magenta. "That was really weird, at first, but then... mmm. Thank you, Magenta."

___

Riko looked at Amadaeus carefully. "A second ago you were about to haul me off kicking and screaming. Why the sudden change of heart?" If he's trying to trick me...
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-05-01 at 09:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"Oh yes. Quite a long time indeed..."
    Melpomene's voice trails off, and she shakes her head and smiles.
    "It's been an obsession of mine since I was but a little girl. Eventually I found out a bit of the truth and it all went from there. And that led me to meet you!"
    Melpomene beams at Emmeline, folding her hands under her shin and looking across the table at her.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Amadaeus sighed.

"For one, the appearance of the Mortal's reminded me that if I do fight you, it'll have to be somewhere without Human's. I won't have the blood of innocents on my hands, and a battle between us, in such a populated area, would inevitably result in casualties."
    When did she grow so suspiscious?

"And, conflict between Angel's draws Demon's. If I fight you here, in a place already inhabited by despair, we both could end up being taken. And finally..."

Amadaes sighed once more, putting the Sword back at his side, and hiding his Wings once more.

"You are my sister, and I do love you more then you know. So I'll take these terrible reasons just to get an excuse not fight you."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2009-05-01 at 09:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Riko hid her wings as well. She sighed. I didn't really want to fight him either. Riko looked at Jezebel. "Um, what do we do about her? She's seen us..."

___

Emmeline looked back at Melpomene, a small smile on her face. "And if I hadn't met you, I'd be sleeping in the rain tonight. But I'm grateful for more than that." Emmeline looked down at the board. "Want to play another game?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Jezebel

"Oh—I won't say anything about this," Jezebel says, allowing herself to regain a little poise. "Not if you don't want me to, I mean. You're... really angels?" she asks, trying to cement their impression of her as a confused mortal. "I mean, that's what the press has been calling you, but I thought it was, well, figurative. Angels of mercy."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning... 6. *sighs*
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2009-05-01 at 10:10 PM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"Of course."
    Melpomene tosses the a game piece to herself to determine color once more.
    "Seems I'll be the black pieces again."
    She pauses, then looks side to side, the grins at Emmeline.
    "How about we make a bet on this one?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline looked back at Melpomene curiously. "A bet? What kind of bet?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"I don't know. Ummm..."
    The necromancer thinks for a bit, trying to find something suitably harmless and yet still interesting.
    "How about... well, angels have wings, right? If I win, how about I get to see your wings?"
    She grins, obviously pleased with the idea.
    "What would you want if you win?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"What.. what do I want?" Emmeline thought for a second. It wasn't about what she wanted. She had a duty to fight evil. She had a duty to follow Riko and Seph. She had...

Emmeline suddenly felt anxious. She had to dodge the question. "W-why do we even need to bet on it? I can just show you my wings. I don't mind."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Melpomene recognized that Emmeline was dodging something, but decided not to press her hard on it right this moment. Wait for the right time... wait for when she might want to say it. If she just played her cards right, it would all work out. Everything. Maybe she could even win Emmeline over to her side.
    "Would you really?"
    She smiles up at Emmeline, truly delighted by the chance.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta looks into the Angel's eyes... "It was... it was beautiful... the most beautiful, since..." Her eyes begin to tear up. "I haven't felt like this... I... I l... I lo..." She breaks down sobbing in Seph's arms.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Theodore

Theodore had been sitting quietly on another bench in the park. His thoughts had swirled, wondering the reason behind what had just happened. Questioning what the consequences were, Theodore had struck a dead end. He had gained no answers by mere thinking and did not seem to have a direct answer to the other question either: What now? By inaction, however, he had gained the answer the last question. For he was sitting on the bench, easing up and trying to enjoy the scenery of the peaceful park. He was relaxing, trying to get the strain of what had just happened of his mind. His thoughts were stressful and he tried to recall his meditation lessons from Saint Peter's Academy to ease his mind. His breath was gentle and calm now, trying to let his thoughts become the same once more.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Riko hesitated, then quickly spoke. "That's alright, I guess." I don't need my brother to deal with this situation. I have to show him that I'll be alright by myself.

___

Emmeline stood up. "I need a little space..."

Emmeline slowly relaxed the ward keeping her wings disguised. She stretched, extending her wings to their fullest length. They resembled those of a swan, covered in soft white feathers.

___

Persephone hugged Magenta close. "Magenta!" She stroked Magenta's cheek soothingly, wiping at her tears. "Magenta, what's wrong?"
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-05-02 at 10:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta weeps, "I... haven't felt lo... love since..., I love you... and when you find out what I did, what I am, you'll hate me and I'll lose it again." She hugs Seph tightly, "It almost destroyed me, when... I can't lose it again..."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-05-02 at 10:17 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"Oh wow..."
    Melpomene breathes quietly in awe, a little envious. She gets to her feet and comes closer, looking them over before moving behind Emmeline to see where they join to her back. One gentle hand reaches out towards a wing, then pauses.
    "Um, Emmeline... can I touch them?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline nodded. "Go ahead."

___

Persephone cradled Magenta close as she thought. She loves me? Like Theo...

"Magenta, what are you talking about?" She stroked Magenta's hair. "Magenta, please calm down. Talk to me." She whispered comfortingly.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

With a smile, Melpomene gently lays a hand on Emmeline's right wing, lightly running her fingers over the feathers, making sure not to push them in the wrong direction.
    "They're beautiful."
    She says softly, her fingers tracing a gentle path down to where the wing touches Emmeline's back.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta wordlessly takes Seph's hand and guides it to the scars on her back.
    It's easy to feel the two scars, where the wings were ripped away.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline closed her eyes and breathed softly as she felt Melpomene touch her wing.

It reminded her of Seph, really. Persephone had very small wings, and had always been envious of Emmeline's. Seph liked to stroke and fiddle with Emmeline's wings, but she was always very gentle, like Melpomene was now.

It wasn't... entirely unpleasant.

___

Seph's hand trembled as she felt the scars. This... this is... then... she's...

She should have been a lot of things, felt a lot of things. Scared. Mortified. But Seph just listened to her heart. And she knew what she had to do.

Seph pulled Magenta as close to her as she could get without getting uncomfortable. She held her firmly, one hand softly stroking Magenta's hair.

"That doesn't matter. I don't hate you. I can't hate you."

"I love you, Magenta."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

The necromancer's keen eyes take in every aspect of the situation, admiring Emmeline's wings even as she notices her reaction, monitoring it carefully as she softly strokes the edges of her wings.
    "Do you like that?"
    She asks quietly, gently, a smile on her face.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline glanced back over her shoulder at Melpomene, then looked straight ahead. "A-a little..."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Ah, very good then. She could pursue finding out what Emmeline wanted, she'd just have to do it a little less upfront. Gently test what she likes, and things will become clearer from there; still, maybe she could tease a confession out of her...

Melpomene turns it into a kind of massage, using both hands to very gently explore and trace over Emmeline's wings, rubbing the joints tenderly and brushing over her feathers. It wasn't too hard to guess that Emmeline was possibly enjoying this more than she let on, and so Melpomene was happy to oblige her.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Amadaeus stood aside, just looking between the Mortal and Riko with hard piercing eyes. If Riko was threatened, he would intercede in a second, but for now he would just... observe.

Of course, the Grigori claimed that as well...

Amadaeus couldn't waste time. He should fight her, force her back to heaven. But he couldn't do it. He'd managed to screw himself up to it once, but it hadn't taken much to make him lose that.

I don't think I can do it again. I just hope the other trainee's are safe...

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline couldn't help but relax a bit. It did feel rather good. Emmeline let Melpomene caress her wings silently.

___

Riko was eager to get back to work, so she walked over to Jezebel. "Please don't say anything about this. I want to help people, and this would only get in the way. Okay?" She smiled, and then hurried off to re-man her soup kitchen.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Continuing her ministrations on Emmeline's wings (and migrating to her back and neck just a little), Melpomene neatly snags a stool (better for a winged person to sit in than a chair) with one foot and drags it behind Emmeline, dropping one hand to maneuver it into place, and then silently directing Emmeline to sit in it- not gesturing or anything else, but simply guiding her with her hands and a bit of pressure.

Lowering her voice to be more soothing and relaxing, Melpomene speaks into Emmeline's ear.
    "It's good to see you a lose a little more of that tension."
    Fingers stroke and caress the tip of Emmeline's wing before sliding down to the base of it, where wing meets flesh and skin.
    "But it still feels like you're holding just a little something back, Emmeline. I want to help you, we can work it out together..."
    Melpomene's hand lightly slides down Emmeline's back.
    "What is it that you want, Emmeline? What desire do you have that you're holding back?"

((Affection check to try loosen her up and get her to talk:
    (1d6*4)[20]))

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta's eyes go wide, "Y... you love me... but... I was cast down... they tore the love out of me and all I've done for centuries is evil..." She sighs, "I don't deserve love... I've been love's enemy for so long."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-05-02 at 04:40 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald