New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Sympathy for the Devil (IC)

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta stands and glances in the bedroom toward the sleeping Seph.

Like I would sell love after finding it again...

She returns her attention to the phone, "Say it then..."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline blushed furiously. She couldn't say no, and couldn't admit that she did like it, so she changed the subject abruptly. "Can you please let go? The food will get cold."

___

Rico's voice was smug. "Name you price. I've got dirt on a lot of people. Like, have you seen Beelzebub's numbers in Africa? Killer! But I've got a little file here that can pull the foundation right out from under his feet. That's just an example of what I can do for you."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta chuckles, "I'll have to think about it... after all, the big B might want to offer me more... perhaps even a file to pull your feet out from under you? Now don't you do anything to stop incoming offers, after all - the more choices I have the better my situation. I'll contact you after I've considered some angles..." She hangs up to keep him off balance.

I've got to think about how to handle this... now it's out that Seph's with me, but Rico probably won't share the knowledge. Still - who knows how many agents were targeting the three of them.

She goes into the bedroom and removes her robe, lying back on the bed. Holding the angel til she wakes. "They could offer me the great throne itself and I'd turn it down for your lap, my love."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Smiling in a satisfied manner, Melpomene goes and sits across from Emmeline, toning down her smile until it was gentle and polite again, beginning to eat a little of the food she set aside for herself.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline found that the food tasted very good, and she ate with a healthy appetite. Plus, focusing on her plate allowed her to ignore her own feelings, and to not react to Melpomene's eyes on her.

When encountering an emotion, thought, or sensation one couldn't deal with, (as was likely in a total war between angels and demons) her instructors had taught her to occupy her mind with such base concerns to allow herself to keep functioning. She employed that now to try to get her mind off of Melpomene. How could the woman effect her so easily?

___

Seph woke up gently, smiling as she realized she was in Magenta's arms. "Good morning, Eden." She kissed Magenta on the lips. "I wish I could say such poetic things to you, but I'm afraid I don't have that talent."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta smiles, "If goodness and gentleness were like art or poetry, then you would be the grandmistress of all time, for all that was good and gentle. Since they are, so you are..." She traces Seph's lovely cheekbone with her fingertip. "Some of those who share my former allegiance have identified you being with me... they're already trying to make offers, but I'm trying to play them off against each other so that we can use my resources to keep you safe and get your work done." She pauses to kiss the angel thourougly on the lips. "Mmmmmmmm... Oh, your young friend is still downstairs in the park... should we invite him up and see if we can bring him over to your camp?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Melpomene, meanwhile, has decided to let the issue settle for a bit. Perhaps, given some time to think about it, Emmeline would be a little more receptive and willing to talk. Maybe she'd even bring up the topic herself.
    Humming softly, she finishes with her scant breakfast and goes to wash up the plate.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Emeline watched Melpomene get up and go to the sink. "There was site near here I wanted to visit. An old mine."

___

"Theo?" Seph looked thoughtful. "Eden, he might not understand. We'll have to be careful. He's a nice boy, and I don't want to frighten him."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Jezebel

Oh. Right. Jezebel makes a note to come up with an explanation for having money to spare; her false job would have to have been pretty high-paying. For now, she just nods, and says, "Is there somewhere I can meet you tomorrow? I'm guessing you don't have a phone or anything..."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta looks into Seph's eyes, "Hun... I don't think anyone from your side, or my side is going to understand us. They'll just assume you've enthralled me or I've enthralled you."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"Oh? Is it haunted? Perhaps used as a base by some form of evil doer or monster?"
    Melpomene asks cheerfully.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know. The locals think so. And I intend to find out for sure." Emmeline finished her breakfast and brought her plate to the sink.

___

Riko thought for a moment. "Hm, do you know that old statue in the square two streets from here? Met us there in the morning."

___

Seph sighed sadly. "And if they think that, they'll try to separate us. Even if they do believe us about our feelings, they'll still try to separate us." Seph hugged Magenta tight. "I won't let that happen, okay?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"Well, I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out together."
    Melpomene says, accepting Emmeline's dishes and neatly washing them up and putting them away. She offers her hand to the angel.
    "Read to go?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

Franz

Franz wakes up, works out the kinks in his body/armour. He puts on his cloak.

Okay... Emmeline will arrive here some time today. When she arrives I must not make myself look suspicious... Perhaps I should be already fighting the spirit in question? Franz external monologues.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta nods, "And I won't let anyone take you away from me." She hugs Seph tightly and kisses the angel, "I never thought anything could fill the hole they tore right through me... but your love did..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline took Melpomene's hand reluctantly. "Yes." She hesitated. "Well, almost. I can hide most of the signs that I'm an angel, but... I need to do something about my hair. It attracts too much attention as is."

___

"Eden..." Seph just sighed and enjoyed being close to Magenta.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Melpomene looks at Emmelines hair and taps her lips, thinking...
    "Well, I could get a hat for you. Might not be the most thorough option, but it would be better than nothing for now."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta relaxes her hold without removing it, "Heaven and it's opposite may send everything they have at us... but I'd fight them all to keep us together..." She looks into Seph's eyes, "I could drown in your eyes, you know... in fact... I think I did. Don't you dare ever rescue me!" She smiles.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline nodded. "A hat would help."

___

Seph smiled at Magenta. "I won't, I promise."

Seph glanced around. "If I'm going to be having heart to heart conversations with people, I think I'd best do it clothed."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta smiles, "I suppose, if you must... it's kind of like putting bedsheets over a masterpiece though... Hmmmm... I wonder how Rodan would have depicted you..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Beaming at Emmeline, Melpomene drags her off down the hall to her room, where she lets go of her hand and begins looking through a variety of hats. Most of them are quite old fashioned and look like they would go with dresses, but she finds a few more practical ones that would fit with Emmeline's current look.

She finds one that looks rather like a cowboy hat, and with a grin she drops it on Emmeline's head.
    "It would work the jeans, and I think you'd look cute in it."
    She fits it nicely on Emmeline's head, her hands dropping down to cup her cheeks.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Jezebel

"All right." Jezebel waves a halfhearted goodbye, and moves off.

Not to find her own place to stay, though; not just yet. There'll be no rest for the wicked tonight...
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Seph sat up on the bed. "Where did you put my old things? Or are they still all over the floor?"

___

Emmeline gave a little sigh of despair as she felt a predictable delicate pink blush tinge her cheeks ever so slightly. "Thank you, Melpomene. I'll go get my sword, and then we can leave."

___

Riko turned to Amadaeus expectantly.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Firbolg in the Playground

Franz

Franz gets his own giant Zweihander, hefting it onto his shoulder. He begins stretching his legs.

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, Fünf, Eins, Zwei... He counts, stretching.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

Hmmm. Melpomene heard the sigh and thought about it, and decided it needed a little confronting.
    "You don't have to run from this, you know."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Amadaeus looked back at Riko, smiling faintly.

"I don't know what you are expecting? Come along, we'll find you an overpass to sleep under."

Amadaeus wasn't going to make it easier for her. He would keep her safe, but that was it.

"I'll protect you, so no worries there."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, I do. It's my calling. My duty. I can't let myself be distracted."

___

Riko sighed and rolled her eyes. "And here I thought you might actually have a plan." Nevertheless, she followed him.

Night passed for Riko and Amadaeus without incident. Amadaeus watched the dawn rise as Riko slept peacefully on the ground.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Melpomene

"What good will you be to your duty when you have run yourself into the ground by denying yourself happiness? What kind of lesson and good are you bringing into the world by promoting cold discipline and joyless life?"
    Melpomene sighs.
    "I understand duty, Emmeline. I don't understand demanding a complete and utter self sacrifice from someone. You're throwing your life away... is it really so worthless?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Emmeline shook her head. "By my sacrifice, countless others will live their lives happily. You simply don't understand the gravity of the threat I'm being trained to face."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Magenta (10/10) (9)

Magenta looks around, "I'm afraid they might require a little repair... here, let's see what magic can do to replace what was damaged." She makes several erotic gestures, while speaking throaty sensuous words. Seph finds herself dressed exactly as she was yesterday... well, exactly except for...

Cunning Magic Underwear: (1d6x6)[18]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald