New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GitP WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne group (thread II)

I'll be late. I'm going to be visiting friends in Ontario from 3 hours from now until.. Early evening tomorrow.
    trill in da playground

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

So, I'm just stopping by to say that I'm alive (might come as a surprise to those of you I havn't seen in months). Oh, and also to say it'll be another week until I can come back to sunday's and probably two for fridays.

-UGNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    It's not depressing, it's the playground.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

And reminder: Tomorrow is our next melee session. I hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

i probably wont be there
    you actually looked for white text here? what exactly would i be saying?
    current excuse for incoherence: heat

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

My apologies for only being able to play one game today; I had to go to a local festival where some colleagues of mine were performing and I'd forgotten that it was today until... today.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

So, as I've stated previously, I'll be off to Poland tomorrow (to my grandmother's and grandfather's joint 80th birthday celebrations) and won't be back till Sunday. Hence, no reminders these week; my apologies for the inconvenience.

I will most likely make it to the melee session though.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Winter is not here. Tomorrow is our next Warcraft III Custom session. Be there!

8. - Top - End - #848

And tomorrow is the melee session. Hope to see you guys there, too.

Unrelatedly, I have just noticed something. See the icons for the Tether and Overcharge abilities here? I drew those and submitted them for public download on The Hive Workshop a few years ago. I'm dead serious. You can even check my THW profile, in the "About Me" tab, under the "WarCraft 3 Account" field; that's me.

I haven't downloaded and checked the map yet to discover if I've been credited for my work, but... I'm torn between being thrilled that my art has been used in a popular map and feeling very dirty inside that it was used in DotA of all things.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Barbarian in the Playground

And now, if you use the icons you made in your own custom map, random people will get pissed at you for "stealing them from DotA". It would've happened the same way for any similarly popular thing. I'm sorry that your icons have been practically scorched from the face of the earth. Maybe you could find recourse in the assumption that DotA would not exist if it were entirely exposed to public use from the start. Also the ability to say that some of your work was used in DotA does sound pretty nice.

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by nooblade View Post
    And now, if you use the icons you made in your own custom map, random people will get pissed at you for "stealing them from DotA". It would've happened the same way for any similarly popular thing. I'm sorry that your icons have been practically scorched from the face of the earth. Maybe you could find recourse in the assumption that DotA would not exist if it were entirely exposed to public use from the start.
    I wouldn't be quite that pessimistic, honestly. Resources - especially minor ones like icons - generally don't get that sort of reaction from people. If I were to steal/copy a hero from DotA or something, then that would carry an understandable backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblade View Post
    Also the ability to say that some of your work was used in DotA does sound pretty nice.
    Well... depending on your point of view.

11. - Top - End - #851

So, good news, bad news time.

The good news is that I got a job. This means I have extra money for fun things, like maybe Starcraft 2.

The bad news? It's weekend nights, which means I won't be at sessions for long/if at all.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks to Lego and Bane for posting the reminders.

Funny story, Bane.
    Look at it this way - when the masses of the BattleNet finally rise up to claim what is rightfully theirs and get recognition from IceFrog, you will now have a claim upon a portion of his soul.

Awww, that's a pity, TFT.
    But, if it means we'll have all the more of you afterwards, I guess it's a price worth paying.

In other news, I'm back!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #853

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Funny story, Bane.
    Look at it this way - when the masses of the BattleNet finally rise up to claim what is rightfully theirs and get recognition from IceFrog, you will now have a claim upon a portion of his soul.

---

In more serious matters, we seem to have had a... situation today that we would do well to prevent repetition of.

This group and these sessions do not, have never and likely will never have dedicated moderators - nobody here has any kind of authority over anybody else. And this is a good system... if everybody abides by it. Doing things like spouting mass-spoilers, deliberately sabotaging games or people within them and being rude, hostile or intentionally distracting, whether in-game, in a lobby or in the channel, undermines the entire thing and is incredibly disrespectful to everybody who comes to these sessions with the intent of having fun.

If you are unable to act in a civilized and courteous manner to those around you or are unable to respect and abide by their wishes in conversation then please find somewhere else to play WarCraft.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Zergling View Post
    In more serious matters, we seem to have had a... situation today that we would do well to prevent repetition of.

This group and these sessions do not, have never and likely will never have dedicated moderators - nobody here has any kind of authority over anybody else. And this is a good system... if everybody abides by it. Doing things like spouting mass-spoilers, deliberately sabotaging games or people within them and being rude, hostile or intentionally distracting, whether in-game, in a lobby or in the channel, undermines the entire thing and is incredibly disrespectful to everybody who comes to these sessions with the intent of having fun.

If you are unable to act in a civilized and courteous manner to those around you or are unable to respect and abide by their wishes in conversation then please find somewhere else to play WarCraft.
    Exactly that. Couldn't have said it better.

____

Unrelatedly, I keep promising to do so and keep forgetting about it... here's the link to KeyCraft (more accurately, straight to the download of it).

KeyCraft is a little tool that provides a graphical interface for rewriting the CustomKeys file, and also offers the option of automatically rewriting the whole thing in such a manner that this array of 4x3 buttons on the right is mirrored onto QWER ASDF ZXCV (or the analogon thereof if you are using a non-English-layout keyboard - it supports those too). I cannot emphasize enough how much easier and more intuitive hotkey usage in melee becomes with such hotkeys. It is a tremendous advantage.

The disadvantage is that in a few custom maps, these hotkeys collide with the hotkeys the map uses for its custom skills, which usually disables the hotkey in question. Though if you are not using any custom keys now, you can solve that problem quite easily by deselecting the Use Custom Keys option again. So, if you play melee to any degree, I really, really highly recommend you give KeyCraft a try.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

So, reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session.

Unfortunately, it seems I'll be missing out on it again (second time in a row ), due to going to my parents over the weekend and meeting some long-time-not-seen RL friends; I wish you all lots of fun, however.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #856

So far, what I've seen, the credits are given to this original idea for tether:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/21575...--aurora-wisp/

So if anybody stole your icon, it's that guy :P
    Cynan

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by Cynan Machae View Post
    So far, what I've seen, the credits are given to this original idea for tether:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/21575...--aurora-wisp/

So if anybody stole your icon, it's that guy :P

I've tried downloading the map twice now from two different sites (to check the credits log) but they only have versions where he hasn't been implemented yet. <.<
    Last edited by The Orange Zergling; 2010-08-26 at 01:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

So just to get it straight, you have downloaded DotA? Twice?
    ...who are you, and what have you done with the real Baneling?

Reminder, tomorrow is our next melee session. Hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

So, reminder, tomorrow is our next custom map session.

And finally, after missing out on it for two successive weeks, I'll finally make it to it myself, too.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

20. - Top - End - #860

After months of hard work procrastination, I've finally gotten around to updating The Fifth Crusade (my AoS).

...now, one embarrassing note that I'll make sure to never repeat; when I wrote down my notes the last time we playtested the map, I was a little too vague with some of them and it was so long ago I've forgotten what the problem with one or two things on the list were. So my apologies if you pointed out something wrong, I agreed with you that it was wrong and then it's not fixed. I'll make sure to be more clear with my notes in the future.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Curse of Tentacles has been reworked. It will now take 6 seconds to take effect at all ranks, tentacles now last for (5.5 +0.5 per rank) seconds and deal 6-7 damage but will receive bonus damage per rank in the skill. Cooldown increased to 8 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
    - Leech Spores now drains 18 mana per second, up from 15.
    - The range of Recall has been increased to 1250, up from 800.
    - The radius at which Charge will detect units has been reduced very slightly.
    - Defiled wolves are now immune to the effects of Mind Control.
    - Infernal Spark has been reworked. It no longer requires trees to cast and now deals (85 +15 per rank) damage, down from (100 +20 per rank). Cooldown increased to 4 seconds, up from 1 second.
    - Fixed a bug where in some circumstances Grove of the Wicked could have a much shorter duration than intended.
    - Pandemic has been reworked. It will now deal damage over time to the target unit and will spread to all nearby units if the target unit dies under its effect. Mana cost reduced to 60, down from 70.
    - Plaguebeetle Eggs now have 100 hit points at all levels, down from (100 +25 per rank) and Plaguebeetles now have (240 +10 per rank) hit points, down from (250 +25 per rank).
    - Sprint has been reworked. It will now increase your movement speed by (23 +2 per rank)% and will increase your Agility by (3 +3 per rank) for 8 seconds.
    - Far Shot's damage has been increased to up to 165 at level 1 +15 per level, up from 160 at level 1 +10 per level.
    - The arrow launched by Far Shot now travels more quickly.
    - Rapid Shot has been replaced with Caltrops. Caltrops creates a field of metal barbs at the target location for 8 seconds that slows the movement speed of enemies inside of it and gives a chance to stun them for 2 seconds every time they try to cast a spell.
    - Poisoned Arrow no longer slows enemy movement speed.
    - Fixed a bug causing Consecration to not give as much mana as was displayed in the tooltip.

- Fixed numerous typos involving the Phoenix Knight.

- The movement speed of Souls that come from dead heroes has been increased to 450, up from 230.
    - Once their Soul returns to their team's fountain, heroes now take additional time to respawn. This additional time is a number of seconds equal to the hero's level plus 5.
    - The position of your hero's Soul is now tracked on the minimap.
    - Fixed a bug that caused Souls entering certain areas to stop, permanently preventing heroes from resurrecting.

- The attack damage of small towers has been increased to 42-50, up from 32-38.
    - The attack damage of large towers has been increased to 76-100, up from 60-84.
    - The armor of all towers has been reduced to 0, down from 5.
    - Small towers now deal splash damage with a fall-off in a small radius.
    - Siegebreakers now have Heavy armor instead of Medium.

- The Amulet of Endurance now increases your maximum hit points by 100, up from 90.
    - The Amulet of Energy now increases your maximum mana by 10, up from 8.
    - The Medallion of Power now increases your attack damage by 8, up from 5.
    - Mana Potions have been removed.
    - Fixed a bug causing Potions of Forgetfulness to not reset the number of ranks put into Infernal Spark and Lay Egg.
    - Fixed a bug causing Instant Health Potions and Greater Instant Health Potions to restore life based on maximum health, not primary attribute.

To-Do List:

- Rework the Lycanthrope.
    - Rework the Witch Hunter.
    - Either remove or rework the Talisman of Swiftness.
    - Find or make new skins for the Tree of Souls and Hallowed Saplings.
    - Add a system where imbalanced teams will give added Requisition benefits to the team with fewer people (I was totally going to do this for this version, but ran out of time before the session).

I'll work on getting Imperial Castle Defense updated soon, too.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

So, reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session.

I will be going on holidays for two weeks on Saturday (and since tomorrow I will be busy preparing for my journey and getting a visit from my parents, I won't be able to participate this session, either). Hence, no reminders for the next two weeks; sorry for the inconvenience.

I will be back on the 25th.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

22. - Top - End - #862

And tomorrow is Friday again; hope to see you all at the custom map session.

Haven't done much work on either ICD or TFC yet due to being distracted by the StarCraft 2 editor. On that note, in case anybody cares; I probably won't be starting any new WC3 maps anymore due to SC2 and everything, but I plan to keep updating my existing ones for a good while yet.

---

Hey, look at that, it's almost Friday again. Hope to see you all there tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to hear you have no intentions of cutting the support for your maps off, Bane.

Also, I'm back. Just in time for a reminder, too: Tomorrow is our next melee session. Hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

And reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session. I hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Awww, don't make me triple-post!

Anyhow, reminder: Tomorrow is our next melee session. Hope to see you all there!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Reminder, tomorrow is our custom map session. I'll be off to visit my parents over the weekend, so I won't have a chance to participate, sadly, but I hope you all come in great numbers and have tons of fun.

Also, since I'm really not feeling comfortable with doing so many posts in a row, even though making a new post is necessary in order to bring the thread up front and have the reminder do its job in the first place, I will not be posting any further reminders here until someone else has made a post.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

27. - Top - End - #867

One tip regarding multi-posting:

Copy the text of your old post, delete your old post, then create a new post and paste the old text in it, then add whatever text you would have made an entirely new post for. It might look a little weird to those who did not read the original post, but it both bumps the thread and avoids the double posting thing.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooh. That's a great idea . Totally didn't think of that .

Thanks, Bane!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

29. - Top - End - #869

Alternatively, if you don't want the strangeness involving having EDITs in a post that hasn't been edited and so on, you can simply edit your last post as normal, then post again and immediately delete the new post. The thread will remain bumped.

Glad to help.

30. - Top - End - #870

Ah a thread get bumped even if you delete the last post? That's strange...
    Cynan