New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Rise from the Ashes IC

The Hradani

The disciples were skilled warriors in their former lives, but they were no match for the enraged Hradani.

The beastmen, despite their formidable strength, were suffering defeat at the hands of the packmaster. However, it seemed like few if any of the dogs would survive their injuries. The same fate was about to hit Young Geros when Terris impaled the creature that was charging him, just in time.

Myra, the first angel, was hit by the short spear and struggled to keep the warriors at bay with lightning powers.

Serena, the second angel, fought like a fury against Tor's two sons. Spikes emerges from her skin and he claws became sheathed in fire. Like her sisters, she was extremely agile and was able to evade many blows.

Meanwhile, Tor was battling Lamia one on one. The erinye didn't have to fly; she remained in the air as if she was affected by a spell. She sometimes swooped down, delivering painful blows of her barbed whip.

"- I know a thing or two about you and your people, Tor Gunderson. Amusing how you compare us to those who enslaved your people. Tell me. Do you even know who they were? Of course not. You simply know that they were Men, like you...well, some of them were. You see...I am aware of your history and I even found out the identity of those dark mages."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-08 at 01:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Followers of the Dark Father

Myconids:
    Spoiler
    Show

The warriors glance around the chamber warily searching for the source of the whispering and keeping an eye out for threats.

The group leader Fanar continues the parlay with the so called god "We would be honored if you would teach us these secrets. What do you wish for in return?"

Craft in replace of divination:
    Spoiler
    Show

Staff of Death: Similar to the Rod of Shadows, the staff of death is attuned to the death of others and locations in the world in where great battles and a large amounts of deaths have taken place. The staff is carved from a particullary strong mushroom trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

The fight!

The fight was brutal. The whip cut through Tor's leathers almost without slowing, and soon he was dripping blood. The pain was almost too much to bear...but Tor smiled. He had gotten a few good hits in, and Lamia was obviously injured.

The difference is Witch, we don't care. They could have been men, faeries, or purple trout for all it matters. The principle is the same. You enslave and corrupt others for your own ends. Cause needless pain and suffering for your own amusement. That is why you and yours must die.

Meanwhile, Serena was in trouble. The fire and claws had done significant damage and Dorn went down in a rain of blood. However, she took a fraction of a second too long in killing him. Korath swung his axe and removed one of her wings...and her arm. The last thing she saw was a large boot slamming her head to the ground...and the sound of an axe being driven through flesh into rock echoed throughout the battle.

Myra, even though wounded, tore through her three opponents. Within moments the three warriors were critically injured. Vern was able to hold her off, but defeat was eminent. Then, the two Algai’d’siswai jumped on her and held her down long enough for Vern to drive his sword through her chest....just before he passed out from loss of blood.

The beastmen had killed most of the pack. The few that remained alive might survive, but would no longer be able to hunt. Still, they might be able to pass on their pedigree. That was for the future, however. The two enraged Hradani, having killed or critically injured the cultists, slammed into the beastmen. None survived, Hradani or beastmen. Terris, suffering from a broken leg could no longer effectively fight. So, he dragged himself over to his pack to offer what little comfort and aid he could.

Tor smiled as Korath held up the severed head of Serena and bellowed.

Look around you Witch. Your sisters are dead, your pets destroyed. You may indeed kill us all, but we've been putting part of the debt to rest I'm thinking.

With a scream of rage, Lamia looped her whip around Tor's throat and pulled. The bards chewed through the flesh and blood sprayed out. In a broken voice, Tor gasped:

It will...Take more...that that to breakme....Witch. Pain I know...Pain does...not rule me. Let me....share..a secret....Death...is lighter than..a...feather...Duty...heavier than...a mountain.

As blood runs down his body, Tor grabs the whip. Releasing the rage he has spent many long years denying, he speaks one more word.

Die.

Unheeding of the pain or damage to his hands, Tor yanks Lamia down to him. Grabbing her in an embrace, he starts to literally crush the life out of her. Ribs crack as Lamia screams. Pulling in the last of her power, she releases a burst of energy that sends Tor flying across the room into the wall. As he slides down, she approaches him. As she opens her mouth to speak, a spear point emerges from her chest. Geros, having seen what was happening, had grabbed Dorn's spear. Coughing blood, Lamia slumps to the ground. As the light fades from her eyes, Tor speaks:

We....win...in death...or life...as...long as...you die as well.

Silence filled the chamber.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just about everyone except the scout, Geros, and Jola are critically injured or dead.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-06-08 at 02:24 PM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Hradani

Moments before she died, Lamia whispered this:
    "- Master...I will miss you."

For Krrth's eyes only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She also had the opportunity to send a telepathic message to Geros:
    The ones you hate so much, the people who enslaved your ancestors...were Athanasians. Dynean's people.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Black Bastion, Council

The Council showed no signs of any emotion. The room was well warded against any sort of magic, it had been thus since long before the Council took it as their home, and it had been kept alive by what ancient Magicians yet lived in the Bastion. A voice echoed. "We hear your plea and are touched. We too have felt the stress of a world bereft, though it was our Gods forsight that protected us. Lord of Defense, That which Barin built, even after the fall of civilization and the shuttering of the gods from this realm, holds strong against the world. Tell us, what god do these "Lupins" Serve? The voice, distorted as it was, held something beyond mere curiosity in this last. It needed confirmation. Needless to say, none of the Council corrected the Matriarch that undead could be of any race, and indeed most were Ensi.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Memorial

"-Mmh... maybe, yes. This should benefit both of us if you were to learn more about your own gift. I'm just curious to know if you use plants, animals or any other medium to cure...or if it's a true miracle. By what you say, I guess it's the latter."

She waved at the room full of patients.
    "-We can't afford to turn help with all the refugees coming. More are expected, should the negotiation with the Lupines fail. You're welcome. Come at the chapel and ask for Sister Mary. She'll have a room for you. Dinner's at nightfall, just after the prayer."

The Elder Sister just hoped that Daniel was really who he pretended to be. Many old songs told stories of how helpful men had spread epidemic in the past, curing a dozen patients to cover the death of hundreds.

The Watchtower

"-Well, I can only give you my word !! What can you tell me about this curse ?!! What are its effects ?!! The Order of Narade has some experience with healing. If you help us to understand, maybe we can work together to eradicate the disease without killing those people !!"

Black Bastion, Council

The Matriarch concidered the answer before formulating her own.
    "-For what we know, the ogres have said that their agressors worship a primal god. Aresk or something like that. I have asked the eldest of our Order but in none of the tales and songs they knew is there any information about this god. Only the saga of the Fallen Moon tell us about werewolven but that's probably just a myth from the Dark Age."

She paused for a few seconds, bitting her lower lips. She had to know but hesitated to ask. After all, the room alone was enough to cower even the bravest hearth. To see all those serious, nameless faces staring at her, speaking with the same deep voice, implied respect...and even a bit of fear. But she was the Matriarch. She could not allow fear to block her duty.

"-If conflict there is, can we count on the Black Bastion support ? If not for troops, then at least for equipement. Word is that you've master the stone and can even create your own, melting it and shaping it as you wish. This "Bronze" of yours should be perfect for warriors."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Children of Uso

The cleric smiled and nodded. "Of course. Thank you very much." After the guard had left, the cleric turned to one of the rangers and spoke quietly to him. "Go back to the others. Tell them to begin searching the river itself. Perhaps there will be some clues there."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Black Bastion, Council

The Matriarch concidered the answer before formulating her own.
    "-For what we know, the ogres have said that their agressors worship a primal god. Aresk or something like that. I have asked the eldest of our Order but in none of the tales and songs they knew is there any information about this god. Only the saga of the Fallen Moon tell us about werewolven but that's probably just a myth from the Dark Age."

She paused for a few seconds, bitting her lower lips. She had to know but hesitated to ask. After all, the room alone was enough to cower even the bravest hearth. To see all those serious, nameless faces staring at her, speaking with the same deep voice, implied respect...and even a bit of fear. But she was the Matriarch. She could not allow fear to block her duty.

"-If conflict there is, can we count on the Black Bastion support ? If not for troops, then at least for equipement. Word is that you've master the stone and can even create your own, melting it and shaping it as you wish. This "Bronze" of yours should be perfect for warriors."
    Barada nods and adds "Shortly before I left, I recieved word from some of my scouts that they had made a bargain with a race of warriors called the Hradani to the north of the forests. They have offered to aid us in martial pursuits, in exchange for us teaching them some of the secrets of nature they have yet to learn. I know nothing of what lays beneath the land, but this metal you describe would allow for even greater defensive and offensive capabilities for the Hradani."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The Myconids

No, don't do that! Keep your hand off-

CRACK!!

The drow were taken by surprise as a trap in the ceiling suddenly opened and three creatures fell behind the throne. Mycellias didn't seem to take notice. He simply sat there, completely silent.

"- You idiots!"

The creatures finally stepped up and revealed their identity to the dark elves. They were ratmen. Two of them were slightly smaller than dwarves. The other one was of unusual size for his species. He was almost 6 feet tall. This one wore robes and a belt with many pockets, and he carried a strange device on his back.

"- Well. Now my scheme is ruined. Next time, I will bring more competent henchmen. Who would have thought that my own nephews would be so dumb?"

The large ratmen put on his goggles and turned to the delegation. He spoke with a squeaky voice.

"No reason to lie to you now. My name's Morstar. King of the Ratmen and alchemist extraordinaire! You have already met Mycellias...my finest creation."

The king grinned.

Naradians

Spoiler
    Show
    Memorial

Daniel learned first aid and herbalism from the Sisters. He became a great healer, even if his miraculous powers only manifested very rarely. He also adopted the young girl, Vivianne, as his own. The two were well liked in the community. However, as his daughter grew a bit older, Daniel realized that Suncliff would offer more opportunities to her than the frontier town that was Memorial. And so he asked the permission to leave with Vivianne and settle in or near Suncliff.

The Watchtower

The lupine didn't know what to think.

"- Wait here. Go seek the spirit talker!"

The guard went back to the tower and shouted something in a unknown language. A few minutes later, a lupine wearing heavy hides, feathers and a multitude of talismans appeared in the doorway. He was also carrying a spiked mace and a painted shield depicting the sun. The spirit talker approached carefully. The guard wasn't far behind.

"- I, Lotek. I will speak for my kind. Only one way to know if you clean. Must commune with the elements. You too. Come and sit. One of us and one of you."

"- I not think this' good idea, Lotek", barked the other lupine.

"- Now time for talking, not fighting. No blood will flow today."

Lotek sat down in the mud and placed a bowl in front of him. He then lit some inscense and pointed the Elder sister.

"- Why not you?"

Children of Uso

Spoiler
    Show
    The rangers searched this area of the river, found some wreckage, but nothing like a relic.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-10 at 06:13 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Myconids
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dark Elves jump as the trio crash thru the ceiling. Fanar raises his hands in preparation for the casting of a spell but stops as the ratman begins speaking. Ratmen were still extremely low on the hierarchy of species but it was an improvement over sentient fungi.

"It is a very fine creation. Worthy of praise from the Lord of Shadows himself. We would be very interested in learning your great powers of alchemy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Black Bastion

In the council room, voices called out. Not in fear, but anger. "Followers of Aresk? Alive!?"
    "...Should have known the worshipers of that Self-Righteous..."
    "King of blood and violence, his people are no better even after all this time."
    "Enemies of the Protector, surely... barbaric fools no doubt..."

After a moment, the chorus of angry voices died down. "We shall indeed join you in this effort. We shall pass down the teachings of Bronzework to those who desire it, and we shall commit our own troops if deemed necessary. We have already begun to armor and arm our people with Bronze, and we have even created these."

With that, a Bronze Golem entered the room, flanked by two Stone Golems. "You may take these and a few more besides. They will follow your commands, though they are ultimately loyal to us. We would ask that you do not look too far into the magics that animate them, they are a well kept secret and we have defenses against this, we would hate for anyone to come to harm for too much idle curiosity, I hope you understand."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Baradans - Creation - ?
    Baradans - Religion - Bolster - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (9d100)[515] - 384 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 449
    Baradans - Expansion - Suncliff River
    Baradans - Heal - (10d10)[52] - 50 = +2 essence
    Dark Father - Creation- Artifact - Rod of Shadows - (creation+shadow) (6d100)[218]
    Dark Father - Creation- Artifact - Staff of Death - (creation+1/2shadow+1/2death) (6d100)[339]
    Dark Father - Religion - Bolster - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (8d100)[330] - 439 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 385
    Dark Father - Expansion - New colony
    Dark Father - Heal - (10d10)[73] - 150 = -77 essence
    Gyra - Creation - Class - Sharpshooters - (1/2 creation+1/2 willpower+1/2 air) (5d100)[201]+(1d50)[9]= 210
    Gyra - Religion - Bolster - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (9d100)[535] - 416 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 475
    Gyra - Heal - (8d10)[44] - 100 = -56 essence
    Hradani - Creation - Class - Fili - (1/2 creation+1/2 willpower) (3d100)[273]+(1d50)[25]= 298
    Hradani - Heal - (8d10)[46] - 50 = -4 essence
    Narade - Creation - Location - Memorial - (creation+1/2 water) (7d100)[363]+(1d50)[33]= 396
    Narade - Religion - Convert Ogres - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (11d100)[682] - 638 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 660
    Narade - Expansion - North West
    Narade - Heal - (14d10)[79]+(1d5)[1] = 80 - 100 = -20 essence
    Saradites - Expansion - Coast
    Saradites - Heal - (17d10)[104] = +104 essence
    Glass Shelter - Religion - Convert Claw - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (8d100)[426] - 455 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 441
    Glass Shelter - Expansion - South and East
    Glass Shelter - Heal - (7d10)[39] - 50 = -11 essence

Technology

Baradans - Ancient Chants (traded from Naradians) - (63d10)[336]
    Dark Father - Hunting - (40d10)[229]
    Hradani - Masonry - (39d10)[198]
    Narade - Cartography - (63d10)[345]
    Saradites - Code of Laws - (90d10)[472]
    Glass Shelter - Elementalism (bonus from storm shaping) - (82d10)[479]

The Baradans and the Saradites have attained level 2! They gain one additional domain at 1.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-11 at 08:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

(right, sorry I forgot to do this earlier)

Creation

After the ceremony and treaty-signing several storm-shapers stepped forward. Positioning themselves at certain spots around the lake of Memories they begin chanting.

After a few minutes what appears to be a crystal forms out of the water. A semi-solid, the Crystal begin floating higher and higher above the water glowing with an intense light.

Over the next several week, life on the shores of the Pools becomes much easier, the ensi and humans of the dessert need to eat and drink less around the pool and need almost no sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creation:Artifact: makes it take only a quarter as much food and water and half as much sleep when you are on the banks of the Pools. Pretty much an essence booster
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The leaders of every loyalist nations receive the vision of a beautiful woman with sapphire blue skin.

I am sorry to disturb your sleep, friend. I am Dynean. I would like to meet with you or any other representatives from your nation in a year's time, to talk about the state of our alliance and the state of the world. This summit will be held in my palace in the northern lands. Do not worry about transportation; I will send someone for you. Just be ready by that time.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-11 at 10:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Glass Shelter - Creation- Artifact - Crystal (essence booster) - (creation+1/2chaos) (8d100)[442]+(1d50)[14] = 456
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-11 at 09:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Hradani

The battle had been long and costly. The greatest of the Hradani had fallen in battle, and the tribe was lessened by it. Young Geros passed what he had heard on to Jola. The words were considered but no major action was taken. There was not enough information, and they were disinclined to simply take Lamias word.

The bodies of the fallen were taken home. The caverns below the ruined temple were quickly turned into a massive crypt for the fallen. Tor and his son were buried along with the other Hradani that had been killed in the fight. The hounds that died were also buried so that even in death they were with their companions.

Who would lead the tribe now? Fights broke out among the Hradani. There were multiple fatalities before a solution was reached. Korath would take over his fathers place as Clan Chief. Geros would marry Jola and start a new clan. Korath would lead his people back to the Steppes where they would search for any more cults while Geros would stay and fortify the valley. The two were (now) brothers, and the arrangement worked. Both clans prospered.

The slain cultists were interred in the ground outside the cavern. Even though they had fought for the enemy, they really didn't have a choice in the matter. It was not the Hradani way to blame the victims of magical compultions, but neither would they be forgiven. The deed[ had been done, so while they were buried with respect, they were buried away from the others.
    The heads of the fallen angels were taken and shown to those Hradani that had come back with wounds physical, mental, and spiritual. After all had seen, the heads were taken and placed upon a stake outside the cavern for all to see. Everything inside the cavern was burned.

Spoiler
    Show

Act:Create Tomb of Heroes. This tomb holds the remains of the greatest Heroes of the Hradani. Placed under the ruined temple, it soon becomes the closest thing to a "holy site" the Hradani have.
    Religion:Heal
    Exploration: Continue moving west through the Ogre Lands, as well as explore the area around the cult.
    Technology: Animal Husbandry
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-06-15 at 09:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradites
    The Leader Melchizedek suddenly passed away at a very old age. He left his position to the next Al Saradin. The man called Israfel. Hopefully Israfel would lead the people just as Melchizedek had. Israfel made a great speech to his tribe at the passing of the title of Al Saradin.

The Wisemen of the Tribe were this time tasked with developing ways to teach people the art of fighting. This time the Saradites needed to consciously focus on defending themselves before they honed their magical arts.

At the same time, the new Al Saradin knew that they must work on a new magical system, since they were wizards. It just wouldn't make sense to be left behind in the magic-race just because they wanted to know how to fight and protect themselves. So, in order that the wizards would not lag behind, he built a magnificent structure where everyone who learned magic in it would leave with new knowledge.

Soon, the new Al Saradin would meet with Dynean.

Spoiler
    Show

Tech: Warfare
    Battle: Heal
    Creation: Wonder: The Halls of Seeking: Grants a bonus to all magic advances.
    Expansion: None

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Children of Uso

Aceria

The Council, having received the vision, decided that one of their member would go as a representative. The rest were far too busy aiding their people. They were expanding as the increased food production caused the population to boom. Better modes of transporting goods were required. So, the Council used its power to enhance several sea turtles. These turtles became large, the size of a small whale, their shell easily 20 feet across. With their passive nature, great strength, and flat shells, these gigantic turtles would be perfect.

A new wave of belief and religious attitude had swept through the Children. Knowledge of the ancient songs had been heard about from their allies, the Order. Thus, the Children began trying to recover their own songs and tales.

Word had reached the Council of the inhospitable environment Midground was set in. Worried they would be unable to keep a permanent presence at such an important location, the Council once more exerted itself. At the base of the mountain upon which Midground was built, a large lake formed. Very deep, Lake Usaro was riddled with underground caves, one of which lead all the way to the river Naram-Suen.

Spoiler
    Show

Creation: Gigantic turtles, Lake Usaro (to make up for last week)
    Technology: Ancient Chants (With Order's help)
    Expansion: New colony north of Aceria
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2009-06-11 at 11:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

The Watchtower

"-Fair enough. What do you mean by "commune", exactly ?"
    And as she spoke, the Elder Sister hoped it had nothing to do with the fire element, as immolation weren't exactly efficient to establish peace.

The Black Bastion

"-You...know him ? Well, by how you make it sound, this god isn't exactly a rightous angel. But I'm such a rude person !! Thank you for your gifts. We will take great care of them.

As for your offer about Bronze, I appreciate it but I doubt that our own craftsmen are skilled enough to understand the technique or that we have the infrastructure to produce such a marvel. We simply ask for you to trade some of your best bronze tools to us. We have loads of goods you won't find underground. Maybe exotic foods ?

But rather the secrets of metal, it is the secret of stone that amaze us. I was in awe when I saw these halls of yours. If I may be so bold, our late Sister Sasha told us that many dvegars has heard Narade's message. Would you allow some of them to teach us ?"

She then gestured to her escort and two Sisters unpacked a large canvas. A cloth of the finest tissue, it was decorated in a strange way, the motives being mainly yellow and green, with several darker patches.

At first sight, it was nothing but tasteless weaving. But for one who looked closer, small waving motives could be seen among the green, some looking like a mix between rolling water and fish. Breaking the dark green of the sea, the straw yellow of the coasts and inland appeared. Most of the Western world was there, though lands beyond Memorial were still undetailed. Brown and black patch figured forests and mountains while narrow reddish lines showed the main traveling paths between regions. The map had no names, only small sigils and runes : a sun behind a waterfall for Suncliff, a large tree for the Bountiful Grove, a geyser for Chelar, a hammer on a cave for the Black Bastion, two fishes circling for Shusi,...

"-Accept this gift as our mark of respect. Suncliff may be the shining light of these lands but in many ways, it is overshadowed by the Black Bastion's dark splendor."

((Lord Asmo))
    Spoiler
    Show

-The golems will be moved to Memorial.
    -A map of the "know world" is given to the Council. It's 20m by 30m, rich in details, though the North and West frontiers are a bit sketchy.
    -Limited trade : surface food for bronze weapons. Deal ?
    -Help for Masonery. Choose whatever you need in exchange. Deal ?

Daniel

Like all other inhabitants of Memorial, Daniel and his daughter were free to leave wherever they wanted. As his powers didn't manifest often, he had gone down from "miracle maker" to "curiosity" along the years. But his reputation was good enough for the Order to offer him a hutt at Suncliff, though he'd still have to work at the hospital to be fed, clad and cleaned.

Vision

In the days following the meeting at the Black Bastion, the Matriarch meditated to answer the strange dreams she had had about Dynea. The Lady of the North was, in many respect, a legend, a creature the Order had once swear to serve but who had never been seen by any living mortals since then.

Each night, the Matriarch repeated the same message in her transe :
    "-I'll wait for your guide, Lady"
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-06-11 at 01:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Children of Uso; Desert City

The cleric, with his two ranger guards, walks up to the guards at the city gates. "Hello. Might I inquire whether the rulers of this city have heard my request for an audience yet? It is very important, both for myself and for you."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Hradani

The Hradani spent a lot of time learning to herd and care for animals. Soon, goats were the staple of choice for the Hill Hradani, while aurochs became the animal of choice for the Steppe Hradani.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

The Baradans

Barada nodded as the deliberations continued and then politely asked to take her leave. When it was granted, the great prophetess wandered the Black Bastion, taking in its sights. While metalworking was something she was not especially fond of, she saw that it too had its values. She was especially enamored of some of the jewelry that the dvergar had made. She was so awestruck by it that she commissioned an ornate golden amulet, studded with green gems. When it was completed, she concentrated and focused her connection with the land into it. Almost immediately the Baradans all over the world began to feel reinvigorated, like some vital essence in their souls was being stoked.

After this event, Barada began to ponder the possibilities of bringing life to the stone, like she had with the amulet. She decided that as a gift to the Black Bastion for their hospitality, she would give them something they normally wouldn't have underground. Searching for about a day or so, she found a large cavern just outside the great city. Here she focused all the energy she could muster into the earth, and something miraculous happened. Shoots began to spring up from the rock. But these were no ordinary shoots, no green leaves or bark. These plants were made of metal, and their blooms were priceless gems. As Barada continued to focus and chant, a majestic garden began to take shape. By the end of the day, Barada was exhausted, but her work was done. The cave was now filled with a strange and marvelous fusion of earth and plant, a veritable oasis in the caverns below, living plants even though they were made of gilded metals and precious stones of all colors. Barada herself escorted the council to this place and told them it was her gift to the Black Bastion.

Meanwhile, in other locations across the world, the Baradans were still moving. They knew that while their agriculture could support them for a time, there were times when even agriculture could fail. To supplement their diet, some Baradans, usually from among the new Bear Warriors, would track and bring down wild animals, to provide with extra meat, bone and hides.

The Baradans who served as ambassadors to the Hradani met with them to bring them news of the bronze weapons they had obtained through dealing with the Black Bastion, and of the coalition that was forming. The Baradans invited the Hradani to join them, so they could meet with the others to help strengthen each other. The Baradans soon spread to dominate the entire forest of Bevidia, now calling it the Baradian Forest in honor of their prophetess. Those who went south had now arrived at the sea, and began founding a settlement there, farming the rich soil of the delta, and making contact with the Children of Uso, whom they had only previously met at Midground and Suncliff. They named this settlement "Splittree" in honor of the separation of the river.

The Baradans felt that there had been much growth in their part of the world, and it comforted them greatly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creation - Healing Artifact: The Greengem Amulet of Barada, a sacred amulet that grants essence to the Baradan faction.
    Creation - Location: The Gleaming Garden, a living garden of gems and precious metals that Barada has gifted to the Black Bastion.
    Expansion: Splittree, a Baradan settlement on the delta, just northeast of the Outpost of Shusi.
    Religion: Bolster
    Technology: Hunting

I got two creation things this round because I was unable to post my last creation before the turn ended.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Of Myconids and Ratmen

"You are right, it's marvelous. But that's not all. The Myconids themselves are my creation. An experiment that didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted. But I created a sentient species! You see, I am truly their god. As well as the greatest king the ratmen ever had!

I am ready to teach your kind how to use alchemy, but it will be for a price. What I want in exchange is precious metal; gold, silver, anything you can find around your cities. Since I want my existence to remain a secret to the Myconids, you will present the metal as an offering to Mycellias. They will then bring it here and I will take them back to my home. They wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. I will leave parchments detailing some of my experiments and alchemical recipes as your payment. The Myconids will also offer you samples of mutated fungi.

Children of Uso

Spoiler
    Show
    Desert City

After some time, the ensi officers accept to meet with the Children just outside the city. They wait to hear the outsiders' plea.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Order of Narade, the Watchtower

"Share the gift with you. You see the spirit world."

The spirit talker closed his eyes and chanted in an unknown tongue. Soon, the Sister felt lightheaded. As she thought she was going to faint, she found herself staring at a different landscape. The world around her was all in shades of grey. Strange rock formations adorned the land. In place of the watchtower stood a giant cyprus tree. A bird nested high in the tree; a bird like no other, with a pair of eyes on each of its four wings. In the distance, mountains were still visible, but they looked much more menacing than in the other world. They almost looked like teeth.

When she looked at the sky, the Elder Sister saw an eternal tempest. When she turned to a nearby stream, she noticed water snakes with painted scales.

But she would find out that this world wasn't entirely without colors. The lupine's body emitted a bright yellow light, almost like it was afire. That's when she realized that she, too, emitted a light. Her own was blue. The spirit talker approached her. He slightly tilted his head.

"I do not see it. You not seem sick. But the mark is carried by entire human race. Nothing else we can do...

Please, understand us. We lupines created by Aresk Moonfell long ago. Created us pure. We much more sensitive than you. Our smell, our vision...all senses, even magical ones, much more developed. The stench...we perceive it from far, very far. The taint. We asked ourselves: don't ogres feel it? The disturbance? Not aware of the taint are they? But then we thought that, maybe, ogres know about it and do nothing to stop its spread. We think ogres bad.

I know...you will think me crazy. You will not understand until me show you. Come. Come see the mark on this land."

The spirit talker stood up and started walking. However, the Sister could still see his body kneeling on the grass.

"Fear not. You safe. You only leave body for an instant."

(Assuming the Sister follows)

The lupine walked up the hill.

"Look down. The mark of the Corruptor."

When the Elder Sister joined him, she looked down in the valley and saw a forest of thorns partially encased in mist. The forest was spreading in all directions - fast. She saw rotting animal carcasses impaled on branches and ponds of toxic water. And in the distance, an enormous, monstrous silhouette.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-16 at 08:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Great Forest of Bevidia

Strangers come to the Baradans one cold day of spring. They are about the height of dwarves, but are much more slender. They have a feral appearance. Some are entirely covered in fur, while others have horns. They refer to themselves as the Spriggans. They say they come from a forest to the southeast and they came because they felt a new power rise in Bevidia's grove. They are happy to discover that druids inhabit the great forest and wish to have diplomatic relations with them. They are especially interested in learning druidism.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-16 at 09:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Black Bastion

The Council had agreed. They would prepare for war if need be, and they would do so in the way of the Dvergar. As they discovered the beautiful garden of metal and gems, they began to harvest a portion, reverently maintaining the garden proper. They took the gems and gold they took from a small section of the garden, and began to mold them into a new form. As they shaped and formed the new thing, they imbued it with their most powerful magics. It was a rod of magnificent power. It was to be shared by the whole Council, placed in the center of the Councilroom. It would be known as the Emerald Rod, and it would empower the Bastion itself.

Meanwhile, the young Barin-Born (as they had been called) were continuing their training, learning the arts of magic and mystics, one of the foundations of the Black Bastion itself. They were tutored by the accomplished mages of the Bastion, and some even said the Council themselves taught the children.

The Bastion itself began to strengthen it's own borders. Walls and barracks were constructed around the perimeter of the city and the miner-town.

Spoiler
    Show

Technology: Mysticism
    Battle: Healing
    Creation: Emerald Rod, empowers magic and vitality in the Black Bastion and increases the amount of metals and gems found in the caverns around the Bastion.
    Religion: Bolster
    Expansion: Walls built around the Black Bastion and the mining town.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Great Forest of Bevidia

Strangers come to the Baradans one cold day of spring. They are about the height of dwarves, but are much more slender. They have a feral appearance. Some are entirely covered in fur, while others have horns. They refer to themselves as the Spriggans. They say they come from a forest to the southeast and they came because they felt a new power rise in Bevidia's grove. They are happy to discover that druids inhabit the great forest and wish to have diplomatic relations with them. They are especially interested in learning druidism.
    The Baradans welcome the Spriggans with open arms, and offer them the opportunity to join with the Baradans, so they could share not just druidism with them, but the other gifts of the land as well.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Baradans - Creation - Artifact - Greengem Amulet of Barada - (creation+1/2nature) (7d100)[319]
    Baradans - Creation - Artifact - Gleaming Garden - (creation+1/2nature) (7d100)[271]
    Baradans - Religion - Bolster - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (9d100)[609] - 449 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 529
    Baradans - Expansion - Splitree
    Baradans - Heal - (10d10)[70] - 150 = -80 essence
    Black Bastion - Creation - Artifact - Emerald Rod - (creation+1/2earth+/12 underground) (9d100)[319]
    Black Bastion - Religion - Bolster - ({willpower+primary domain-creation strength}/2) (11d100)[573] - 473 /2 change to creation str = new devotion 523
    Black Bastion - Expansion - Wall
    Black Bastion - Heal - (9d10)[49] - 100 = -51 essence
    Children of Uso - Creation - Race - Gigantic Turtle - (creation+1/2water+1/2 animal) (8d100)[421]
    Children of Uso - Creation - Location - Lake Usaro - (creation+water) (9d100)[529]
    Children of Uso - Expansion - Colony north of Aceria
    Children of Uso - Heal - (10d10)[36] - 100 = -64 essence
    Hradani - Creation - Location - Tomb of Heroes - (creation+1/2 law+1/2honor) (4d100)[234]+(1d50)[26]= creation str 260
    Hradani - Expansion - Ogre lands
    Hradani - Heal - (8d10)[37] - 50 = -13 essence
    Saradites - Creation - Location - Halls of Seeking - (creation + 1/2 magic)
    (6d100)[254]
    Saradites - Expansion - Coast
    Saradites - Heal - (17d10)[95] - 50 = I believe you are still at full essence

Technology

Baradans - Hunting - (44d10)[235]
    Black Bastion - Mysticism - (47d10)[281]
    Children of Uso - Ancient Chants (traded from Naradans) - (70d10)[373]
    Hradani - Animal Husbandry - (39d10)[193]
    Saradites - Warfare - (90d10)[438]

The Children of Uso have attained level 2! They gain one additional domain at 1.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-06-16 at 07:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Children of Uso

Ninurta

The cleric appears before the council outside the city, his two ranger bodyguards standing behind him. He bows low to each member of the council in turn before speaking. "Greetings to you, honored ones. I am here on behalf of the Children of Uso on an urgent mission. We come seeking a holy relic of our lost god, Uso. We humbly beseech your aid in this holy quest."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ninurta

One of the undead priests frowned.

"- I am honored to meet you, esteemed delegates. I must ask... why do you think your relic is here? I am aware that the ensi who lived here made offerings to Uso in order to sail on the Naram-Suen. But I do not recall seeing a powerful magical item. Perhaps it was stolen? In any case, any relic found here is the property of the Crimson Claw."