Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Lord [Chapter 4] The War

[MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show
    coming soon

The creature next to Throshkar falls to the ground as multiple magic missiles pummel its flesh. The other one still stands after taking one missile. It launches a continued attack at Grog but was only able to rake its teeth against his arm as Grog fended off the attacks (5 dmg).

[rolls]
    Spoiler
    Show

Attacking Grog
    claw1 - (1d20+11)[14] dmg - (1d6+4)[7]
    claw2 - (1d20+11)[13] dmg - (1d6+4)[7]

bite - (1d20+6)[19] dmg - (1d6+1)[5]

Creature3: AC: 19/11/18; HP 6 /66
    Last edited by crimson77; 2009-06-14 at 05:10 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Throshkar delaBlanche

Open awe marks Throshkar's handsome face. He has battled many a great warrior and terrible beast, but never has he seen creatures that could so easily shrug off the blows that he and Grog have dealt these demons. And behind that awe, a painful struggle -- even without looking at his blade, Throshkar knows his weapon may not survive another moment of this battle. If he attacks now, he may slay the beast... and destroy his sword in the process. On the other hand, if he attack not...

It has been so long since he wielded his flail in battle, Throshkar almost forgot how to use it. He turns his brain off, though, and lets instincts take over.

The precious sword clatters to the ground. Heavy spiked ball, chain, handle, all in motion... a deadly dance that ends suddenly, quickly.

A moment after the steel chain wraps around the demon's raised arm, a wicked splintering craaack sounds -- the crunch of inhuman skull. Throshkar's battle cry turns fierce, almost panicked -- even landing those three blows appears to have not finished off his enemy...?

Spoiler
    Show
    Throshkar Full Attack on the last enemy. EDIT: Just remembered I have my flail! May I use that rather than destroy my sword like an idiot? EDIT2: I'm not totally sure how damage reduction works, is the the first 10 of each attack, or of a total attack? Either I killed him, or he survived by 1.

Full Attack (+18/13/8), no Power Attack; wielding sword two-handed flail, plus Prayer (+1). Subtract 1 for using buckler-arm with attack (total 0 = +18/13/8).
    (d20+18)[31] -1
    (d20+13)[19] -1
    (d20+8)[21] -1

Damage (1d10+9 normal, +2 for two-handed, +1 for Prayer = 1d10+12 1d8+6, rolling in next post):
    (1d10+12)[16]
    (1d10+12)[14]
    (1d10+12)[20]

AC -1 (lose buckler bonus) = 20.

Sword Flail save (+5, including bonus from Prayer):
    (d20+5)[9]

On failure, damage (sword has already taken 13 flail has taken no damage yet):
    (d8)[6] Crap. I think that destroys the sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Throshkar | Human | Cavalier | LVL 12 | LG | Medium
    hp: 56/110 | | Spd: 20/15 | AC/T/FF | 21/11/20 /| +1 Plate Mail
    Masterwork Lance | +19/+14/+9 | 1d8+6 | x3 | No ranged atk
    +1 Bastard Sword | +18/+13/+8 | 1d10+7 | x2 | Crit 17-20
    SV | Fort +10 | Ref +5 | Wil +3||+2 v. Enchant, Sleep
    STR 16 | DEX 12 | CON 14 | INT 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 14
    Skills|Spot -1|Listen -1|Ride +12|Intimidate +11|Diplom. +4[/table]
    Last edited by Cyranojoe; 2009-06-15 at 11:27 AM. Reason: swapping flail for sword
    "Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible." --Miguel de Unamuno

Current GiantITP game: The Dark Lord (Chapter 3)
    Current character: Throshkar deLaBlanche - Cavalier, Level 12

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar is Grojimar Roughplow, Human Ranger (Level 1). Terrific artwork by vomit_bunny! (Full-size image is here.)

My Player Registration for PBP -- includes current characters and games.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Grog Ironshield

Grog swings with all of his might at the demon that is in front of him, praying that his hit kills the hellion.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+13)[17] damage (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20+8)[11] damage (1d6+3)[8]

mace save:
    (1d20+5)[13] damage (1d8)[3]

Spoiler
    Show

{table]Grog | Dwarf | Cleric |Lvl 12 | NG | Medium
    31/71 | | Spd: 20/20 | AC/T/FF | 17/10/17 | | Chainmail +1
    Adm. Hvy. Mace | +1 | 1d6+1| | Magic Stone (sp) | 1d6+1
    SV | Fort +8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +12 | | +2 Spell/Poison
    Str: 13 | Dex: 10 | Con: 10 | Int: 14 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 10
    Skills | Spot: +4 | Listen: +4 | Heal +12 | Concentration: +14 | Religion +7
    [/table]
    "Vision without action is a daydream...but Action without vision is a Nightmare!" -- Anon

"I AM NOT A MECHANIC" -- GMTrojan

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Flail damage instead of sword damage:
    (1d8+6)[8](1d8+6)[13](1d8+6)[12]
    "Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible." --Miguel de Unamuno

Current GiantITP game: The Dark Lord (Chapter 3)
    Current character: Throshkar deLaBlanche - Cavalier, Level 12

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar is Grojimar Roughplow, Human Ranger (Level 1). Terrific artwork by vomit_bunny! (Full-size image is here.)

My Player Registration for PBP -- includes current characters and games.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

Two of Throshkar's blows hit the creature but it takes only slight damage from the knight's mighty blows. Grogs blows dance harmlessly off of the creature.

Creature3: AC: 19/11/18; HP 4 /66
    Last edited by crimson77; 2009-06-15 at 11:54 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrian can get a sneak attack on the creature if he can while hiding, silently open the door and surprise the creature. Adrian must beat the opposing creature's spot and listen rolls [adjusted for the battle].

[rolls]
    Spoiler
    Show

listen - (1d20+9)[28]
    spot - (1d20-4)[3]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Egan Brahe

Egan looses a final magic missile spell to dispatch the last demon.

"Clean your weapons good friends, we may need them again soon if these are any indication of the corruption that has taken this tower. Grog, I do not know why the magic of this tower has shown itself unstable. I am concerned... Care for your wounds, we must move again quickly to find Kilmer. We may have announced our presence here with this battle. I hope this not be true."

Egan contemplates the problem with a much furrowed brow as he moves to find his spellbook in the study.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile: (5d4+5)[15]
    Spellcraft [/roll]1d20+22[/roll]
    Are there any additional insights that Egan know about the history of the construction of this tower. Was it built with magics holding it together? Was the flash an upsetting of those? If it helps, he also has a 'Legends and Lore' spell that he probably would have cast about the tower previously.

Egan, moves to the study to find the spellbook.
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2009-06-15 at 08:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Grog Ironshield

As the last magic missile hits its target, Grog leans hard on his mace then gruffly states, "Sir Throshkar, I know how much you hate our healing magics, but you and I are both in dire need of them. We don't have too much time to bicker, so shut up and take your medicine."
    Spoiler
    Show

spont casting cure crit wounds on self (4d8+12)[23] for spike stonesdo I get a +1 from prayer?
    spont cast cure crit wounds on Throsh (4d8+12)[28] for discern lies.

edit: those were crappy rolls

After the spells, Grog searches the room they are in for loot/items of use.
    (take 20?)
    Spoiler
    Show

{table]Grog | Dwarf | Cleric |Lvl 12 | NG | Medium
    54/71 | | Spd: 20/20 | AC/T/FF | 17/10/17 | | Chainmail +1
    Adm. Hvy. Mace | +1 | 1d6+1| | Magic Stone (sp) | 1d6+1
    SV | Fort +8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +12 | | +2 Spell/Poison
    Str: 13 | Dex: 10 | Con: 10 | Int: 14 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 10
    Skills | Spot: +4 | Listen: +4 | Heal +12 | Concentration: +14 | Religion +7
    [/table]
    Last edited by GMTrojan; 2009-06-16 at 12:00 AM.
    "Vision without action is a daydream...but Action without vision is a Nightmare!" -- Anon

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

The magical missiles slam into the creature ripping into its flesh. One of the missiles smashes into the creatures skull and exploding which sent brain matter around the room. Egan rushes to the study and starts to look around. Pushing around books on the table he finds his large spellbook. The book looks to be in fine condition with a faint layer of dust upon it.

[spell craft]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tower was constructed and formed with magic and because of this it has a magical property. The flickering of the magic is upsetting to that magic.

As the creature falls, Grog starts to search the bodies and the room as a whole. The room contains many books of magical nature spanning from A Beginners Guide to Conjuration to A Guide to Magical Creatures. None of the titles interest Grog beyond a mere fascination. However, the bodies of the creatures hold far more interest then the room itself. In searching them Grog finds some coins and other items of worth.

[Treasure]
    Spoiler
    Show

COIN
    1,349 gold coins
    GEM
    azurite (royal blue)
    boakhar
    mottled jasper (can be any combination of black, brown, gray, green, red, white, yellow)
    royal plume jasper (plumed purplish shade)
    royal plume jasper (plumed purplish shade)
    zoiste (white)
    POTION
    potion of cure light wounds
    pearl-colored
    acidic odor/taste
    watery, phosphorescent appearance
    Unknown potion
    ochre-colored
    oniony odor/taste
    viscous, clear appearance
    WEAPON
    Greatsword +1
    [DM]
    Spoiler
    Show

COIN
    1,349 gold coins (1,349 gp)
    GEM
    azurite (royal blue) (8.5 gp)
    boakhar (36.7 gp)
    mottled jasper (can be any combination of black, brown, gray, green, red, white, yellow) (96.9 gp)
    royal plume jasper (plumed purplish shade) (125.1 gp)
    royal plume jasper (plumed purplish shade) (68.9 gp)
    zoiste (white) (100.2 gp)
    POTION
    potion of cure light wounds (50 gp)
    pearl-colored
    acidic odor/taste
    watery, phosphorescent appearance
    potion of protection from arrows 10/magic (300 gp)
    ochre-colored
    oniony odor/taste
    viscous, clear appearance
    WEAPON
    Greatsword +1

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Throshkar delaBlanche

Throshkar stops. Are they all dead? Are there any other enemies coming? Carefully he retrieves his weapons, eying the corpses of the demons. Grog assures him the creatures will not revive -- not like that ogre mage he fought in the sorcerer's domain -- but the cavalier nevertheless remains wary, watching their still forms while the dwarf performs his necessary healing rites.

"I thank you, good Grog. I have learned to accept such ministrations in due course. For the good of the cause, of course."

"Master Brahe? Master Brahe! What were such creatures -- demons, you say? -- doing here, in your tower? If this be the Dark Lord's doing, I wonder if it mean he has tied himself to an even darker power than prior we thought!"

As Grog and Egan continue their searching, Throshkar suddenly realizes: "Sir Adrian, whence did you take yourself during the battle? I mean no offense to thine honor, nor thine size, but I fear I saw you not! Were there foes at our backs that I was unaware of? Or something worse...?"

Finally, the cavalier forces himself to look at his weapons. The harm done them by the demon's foul secretions is almost more than he can bear. In a sense, this is the worst thing that has happened to him during all these months of war.

"Master Brahe, Master Grog, please... tell me... have you within your power... to remake mine blade anew?" He chokes briefly, then calms himself. "I wouldst prefer to take them to a good Dwarven smithy, but we have not the luxury at the moment. But I cannot let mine weapon falter 'gainst the next foe. What alternatives have we?"

Throsh will take the magic greatsword for his use, but it is unfamiliar to his hands, and he doubts it will be as effective as his bastard sword or lance.

Spoiler
    Show
    hp: 84/110 | | Spd: 20/15 | AC/T/FF | 21/11/20 /| +1 Plate Mail
    [/spoiler]

11. - Top - End - #161

Grog Ironshield

"Master Brahe? Master Brahe! What were such creatures -- demons, you say? -- doing here, in your tower? If this be the Dark Lord's doing, I wonder if it mean he has tied himself to an even darker power than prior we thought!"
    Yes, Master Wizard, what in Grungi's Halls is going on in here. That earthquake was not natural and I thought that I saw the tower start coming down. I assume that that was not a common occurrence. Or am I being mistaken.
    "Master Brahe, Master Grog, please... tell me... have you within your power... to remake mine blade anew?" He chokes briefly, then calms himself. "I wouldst prefer to take them to a good Dwarven smithy, but we have not the luxury at the moment. But I cannot let mine weapon falter 'gainst the next foe. What alternatives have we?"

"Sir D...Throsh, let me see your sword. I already know that your lance is beyond repair from the acid. I know many a Dwarven master smith that would gladly cast you another lance twice as fancy and imbue magic into it for enough gold. Here take this sword, as you are the only one here, that can use it.

I am glad that someone has finally talked some sense into you about the use of spells for you. I am sorry that did what I did during the battle, but it is a habit. The Defenders of our kingdom do not mind that we back them up as I did to you. If you say so, it won't happen again."

Spoiler
    Show

Appraise (metal/stone) (1d20+9)[27]
    craft (metal/stone) (1d20+8)[19]
    I hope that they are good...

After Grog inspects the bastard sword, he peruses the gems for quality as is normal for a dwarf...before he calls the others to divvy up the spoils.
    Spoiler
    Show

Appraise (metal/stone) (1d20+9)[28]
    oooh sweet, how much are they worth!?!?!?
    Last edited by GMTrojan; 2009-06-16 at 03:20 PM. Reason: asthetics

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Grog inspects Throshkar's weapons. They can be repaired with time and the right tools [skill: weaponsmithing]

The greatsword is worth around 2350 gp.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Adrian tosses his crossbow to the ground in frustration. The door was crowded, so I went around. Thought going around would get me here faster...

14. - Top - End - #164

Grog Ironshield

"Master Grey, that is ok by me, are you ok, do you need my services? Also, would you help me with these gems and coin."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[UPDATED MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

The tower magic continues to flicker on and off as you examine the loot and search for the spell book. The staircase in the center goes up and down; however, from your vantage point you cannot see either level without descending or ascending.

16. - Top - End - #166

SwashbucklerGuy

Egan Brahe

Egan returns from the study with the spellbook stored in his pack. "I do not know the origins of the weakening of this tower. It was not my casting that loosened these stones. This tower has stood for a millennium and withstood the siege of armies and the attacks of great wizards. Every place such as this has its history. But I fear that it has now been compromised.... from within. The Dark Lord studied here, but was not allowed to complete his studies here, unless it was in private. His jealousy and hatred for this icon of power likely upsets his fragile mind. I am sure that he is trying to corrupt and bring down this tower. And it looks like he may succeed." Egan pauses watching another flicker of the stonework.

"Sir Throshkar, these indeed were demons. A variety named Babau, if I remember correctly. I never liked studying the populations of the lower planes. But this was not a place these beasts should be. If they are on this plane, they should have been kept secure in the lower levels, where we should find Kilmer. We should move on. There are three towers here. We are in the center, and largest tower. We can take these stairs, but they are the most visible and open of the towers. I would recommend moving out that west door and up to the north tower. The stairs in that tower are more... seclusive. Outside that door is a walkway stretching between the towers. Stay low and try not to be seen on our move. Adrian, would you lead the way? And, please check the next door." Egan casts a sly smile a Adrian trying to calm any fears rising up about their next task.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Throshkar delaBlanche

Throshkar's eyelids narrow. All this manipulation of nature, this mangling of thepure and good -- how can any question the corruptive influence that magic has had on the former prince? It has been bothering him more and more of late, the question of how royalty might fall to such depths. The eldest son of the good king could not have turned to evil simply by wishing it so. Something in his studying of arcanery must have done it.

But Throshkar knows better than to voice these thoughts. They would serve none of them well to dwell upon the past. The fact that their group now relies on similar magics is not lost on him. The cavalier only hopes his own honor can deflect any villainy it will bring upon them. They have little other choice but to fight fire with fire, though it scorch them badly in the end.

"Would it be well for Master Adrian to investigate ahead on his own? He may observe, in his inobservable way, and then report back to us, while we hold steady here... while, perhaps, Master Grog works to improve the health of mine blade?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I got the impression we can't repair the weapons while we're here, but (1) I'm not sure of that, and (2) Throshkar isn't ready to give up on it.

Regarding strategy, I'm suggesting that Adrian take long point, and the rest of us clumsy oafs hang back, wayyy back. As in, in the other room if not the other floor. If Egan has an invisibility spell or anything that would help the rogue travel quietly (or on ceilings?), now might be a good time to go for it. What do you think?

hp: 84/110 | | Spd: 20/15 | AC/T/FF | 21/11/20 /| +1 Plate Mail
    Last edited by Cyranojoe; 2009-06-17 at 02:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

SwashbucklerGuy

Egan Brahe

"I do agree, Throshkar. I had prepared another Telepathic Bond spell, like we had used on the battle field. Now seems like a good time to put this in place. Our good Adrian could then report to us without effort or disclosing himself." Egan gathers everyone a bit closer for the Telepathic Bond to be put in place.

19. - Top - End - #169

Grog Ironshield

"Would it be well for Master Adrian to investigate ahead on his own? He may observe, in his inobservable way, and then report back to us, while we hold steady here... while, perhaps, Master Grog works to improve the health of mine blade?"

"Aye, I do agree to that, Master Gray should take a look-see. His skills should be more adept at keeping this little venture more of a secret, than having us blunder around here, breaking everything in sight". Grog looks at the now destroyed bookshelf and the splattered brain goo all over the walls to help prove the point.

"Throsh, in order for me to remake your lovely lance, I would have to have a furnace, Ditboe's help, and many hours at the least for that task. As I see it, we have none of those at our disposal right now. As it looks, your blade will be ok for now. The magics that it possesses have kept it from most of the harm. I don't recommend using it for another bout with any more demons though. When we get back to the army, I will talk to Ditboe and Prince Asreal about building a small forge to repair our weapons. With the Royal Wizard's help, we could make a killing, but that is neither here nor there..."

Spoiler
    Show

Is there actually anything left of the lance, or did it totally dissolve into water and a metal salt? As I recall, there should be 7 HP left on the sword. and the SRD said that it works just fine until HP reach 0, where upon it becomes useless..."
    Last edited by GMTrojan; 2009-06-17 at 07:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Adrian pops his knuckles and hops up to the wall, where he sticks. Alright, I'll scout out the lower levels, he says as he slides along the wall just above the floor, and out of the reach of any potential tripwires or pressure plates.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well at least Thosh has a back up sword.

Steath rolls:
    Hide: (1d20+23)[41]
    Move Silently: (1d20+21)[35]

Taking 20's on my search checks (+5 modifier)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ View Post
    ... as he slides along the wall just above the floor, and out of the reach of any potential tripwires or pressure plates.
    Taking 20's on my search checks (+5 modifier)
    Where are you moving to?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Right... uh, I believe that downstairs and to the prison was the recomendation from Egan. I'll stop and let you describe the first floor I reach, of course.

Adrian follows Egan's advice and climbs to the North tower, and carefully slips inside.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2009-06-19 at 02:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Adrian opens the door and a rush of cold air comes rushing in. It fills the room with an icy blast. He steps out upon the stone walkway between the towers. It is a narrow stone pathway extending between the three towers with an old chain as a handrail. As he steps out upon the stones he can feel them loose under his feet. A few have given way leaving the path intact but broken. It will take careful walking to avoid falling. Even the old chain seems to be coming loose.

As Egan looks outside as Adrian starts his ascent across he notices the flickering of the magic and sees stones from the bridge falling. It is a scary sight.

Adrian starts to make his way across the bridge (DC 10 balance check to make it safely across).

[If fail balance check]
    Spoiler
    Show

You fall off the bridge and onto the rocks surrounding the tower you take 2d6 damage ((2d6)[11]).

[Door to northern tower]
    Spoiler
    Show

Because of the bridge falling apart you cannot take a 20 on your search
    [DC 32 search - if pass]
    Spoiler
    Show

You find a lesser destruction trap has been placed upon this door. If you try to open the door it will try to destroy you
    [Disable device DC 32]
    Spoiler
    Show

You successfully disable the device

If fail...see opening the door

[if fail search]
    Spoiler
    Show

You open the door, it squeaks as it opens and then you feel a crushing as you are thrown back against the walkway as it crumbles behind you.
    Make fortitude save DC 15
    I fail - take (10d6)[43] damage and fall taking (2d6)[9] damage
    if pass - take (5d6)[20] damage and make a balance check to avoid falling. If fail take falling damage above.

24. - Top - End - #174

While Adrian is attempting the far tower, and after the treasure is put away, Grog decides to take up a rear guard position so the rest of the party doesn't get surprised by any wandering creatures coming up the main staircase. (Move 5' E)

25. - Top - End - #175

SwashbucklerGuy

Egan Brahe

Egan pushes his thoughts through the bond.
    This is worse than I thought. Not to offend, but I do not know if Throshkar or Grog can navigate this walkway without a dangerous fall. Let alone my own feet. Perhaps we should reconsider our path?

Egan pulls his head back in from the doorway. And stops to think...

He leans back against the wall. Adrian, is it safe for us out there?
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2009-06-19 at 03:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Adrian quickly sets out across the bridge, and gives the door a quick once over before throwing it open as the bridge tosses underneath him. Moment's later he reels back as he is blasted in the face, and then rights himself, pausing for a breath.

All that Egan hears from the telepathic connection is 'bloody wizards. Look... I'm going to scout this out. If need be I can run back here with a rope and use my climbing gear.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Balence: (1d20+11)[14]
    Search: (1d20+5)[24] Need nat twenty (if you play that way) to succeed, sooo...
    Fort save: (1d20+5)[25]
    2nd Balence check: (1d20+11)[14]

No reflex save? That screws me right up.

Edit: Woo! Nat. twenty on the fort save.

I must now make the promised sacrifice to the dice gods.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2009-06-19 at 07:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The blast knocks Adrian back but he is still standing as more rocks from the bridge fall toward the ground several stories below. You hear a metallic resetting of the trap as the door closes once again.

What does Adrian (or anyone else) do now?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Throshkar delaBlanche

As Throshkar begins to bandage his weapon and himself, there is a crack of thunder, and the tower surges and shudders. He throws himself toward the door, a cry on his lips... and then...

'Bloody wizards. Look... I'm going to scout this out. If need be I can run back here with a rope and use my climbing gear.' The cavalier's hand freezes on the door.

"Be safe, my friend."

Having nothing else to do but pace, Throshkar returns to his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if it applies, but if Throsh can heal himself any -- Heal roll:
    (d20+1)[12]

And for the weapon, if there's anything to be done here -- Craft:
    (d20+1)[20]

Otherwise Throsh sits or paces.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Adrian winces, and checks the door more closely. From his bag he withdraws the black velvet bag that holds his tools and pokes around. No good, it's magical. To risky.

Alright spells, that spellbook tell you how to dispel magic? Don't cast it yet. I'll set up a rope line for the heavy feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Breaking out the climbers kit and the silk rope to try and help the guys out on their balence checks, like running a line across the bridge to hold onto or whatever. At very worst we can use it to pull them back up.
    Then Egan casts dispel magic, which should supress the trap for a few rounds.

Use rope: (1d20+6)[12] So that's my use rope with the +2 circumstance bonus for the silk rope. What do I get for the climber's kit? It's got pitons and such in it.

30. - Top - End - #180

Grog Ironshield

Grog speaks to Egan, "Master Brahe, I have the spell that Master Gray speaks of. I am not much of a climber, though, with all of this armor on. I prefer to take the back to keep the rear guard if you would have me there...or would you rather have me in the middle?"

Grog gets ready to cross the bridge, says a small prayer, and then tells Throshgar ""Throsh, it looks like you might just get to catch me doing something that I don't know just what to do. Ya know, I never gone out and done any of that climbing stuff."
    Last edited by GMTrojan; 2009-06-22 at 08:06 PM. Reason: syntax