New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rin: The Sword of the Valiant

Rin

Rin blinked out of existence without warning. It seemed that way to the slower perception of those around her. Rin then blinked back into existence her finger pressing against Hibiki's forehead. Without warning her chakra poured out from the connection between them and invaded his body.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 64/64
    Chakra Pool: 82/92
    Armour Class: 33
    Ongoing Effects: None

Complete Paralysis!
    Perform (DC29): 38
    Chakra Cost: 6
    Save DC: 24
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-05-30 at 12:26 PM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

2. - Top - End - #62

Hibiki

The genin felt violated as Rin poured her chakra inside him, "I'm being ra-" Hibiki can't finish his sentence as the final portions of Rin's technique paralyzes him completely. He freezes with his hands outstretched still aching to touch the chakra beast.

Hibiki's eyes shift from his jounin sensei back at the beast. A sad look comes to his eyes as he realizes he won't be able to see the creature any closer. Damn you Rin-sensei! Damn you... The daft genin glares at his sensei from his frozen state as she stands there in front of him. Oh you wait...you wait...

"...!"

3. - Top - End - #63

Rin

Without waiting Rin grabbed the boy's body and dragged him up the side of the cliff. "Moron." Normally when Rin did anything it was accompanied by a wealth of feeling that was almost suffocating. The icy void that now presented itself was so deafening in contrast. With a sigh she dispelled her technique and allowed the boy free movement, but not toward the wolf-thing. "Move."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra Pool: 82/92

4. - Top - End - #64

Hibiki

Hibiki folds his arms and snaps his neck away from his nicely dressed sensei. "No! You don't let me do what I want to do why should you get what you want? I've spent these past few weeks with you having no fun, and now when the fun comes knocking on my door..." His legs grow weak and he crouches low to the ground and shivers, "you violate me with your chakra and carry me over the cliff...How dare you..."

A grave shadow comes over the genin.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-05-30 at 01:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"Thanks for carrying Kuromaru, Sumei-san. And Hibiki, chill. Now's not the time, man."

Yuu pockets the unactivated tag and turns to move onward and upward.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The creature looks up when Hibiki begins to approach. It's star-shaped eyes narrow as it focuses clearly on Hibiki. It doesn't appear to notice Rin as she moves to grab the boy and drag him up the cliff side, nor does it notice Yuu or Sumie as both suppressed their emotions to the best of their ability. It's stony lips curl back to reveal teeth made of clear quartz and a tongue of red sandstone. The creature rears back it's head when Hibiki disappears over the cliff face and a piercing howl tears through the air. The howl echoes for quite sometime, and then a quick response comes in the form of another howl.

The dragon moves over to Yuu's head, leaving pin-pricks of pain as it goes. "I believe we have been found. It's only a matter of time before more show up. We'll either need to slow them down or hurry up."

7. - Top - End - #67

Rin

Grabbing Hibiki she lifted him up to his feet. Rin stood at the cliff edge. "Yuu. Toss me the kunai, you need to restrain yourself and conserve your strength." Rin stood calm and collected as she let her human side slip aside in a manner she really didn't want to. It was how she had been trained to fight seriously.

Inside Rin at all times was a conflict between a savior born of hope and a monster born of war. It was this inferno that she worked to keep separate from her manifest chakra aura. It was this monster she drew on for her killer intent. It was that savior that held her blow against Anju. "I'm going to create a diversion. Get ready to run, even if this works I want distance between us and the diversion." It was this inferno that her concentration was now focussed on suppressing.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

What...gah! Why is sensei being this....calmly. Calmly. Must focus. Be calm. Emotionally vacant. Rin-sensei's the Chimera. An experienced Jounin. She's been through more than I can possibly imagine. She'll be all right. I've got to keep moving.

Yuu nodded and tossed her the Kunai, explosive tag still wrapped around its hilt. He turned to continue his way up the mountain, still occasionally pained by jolts from his passenger.

"Got it. Good luck, sensei."

Turning, Kuromaru close on his heels, Yuu began to hurry his way up the mountain.

Calmly, calmly. She'll be fine.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

9. - Top - End - #69

Rin

With her green eyes Rin looked across the small five foot distance between herself and the cliff edge. With her right hand she grabbed the kunai by the handle slipping her index finger inside the hole and with a flick of her wrist began to spin it. She cared Yuu had decided to leave before she set the diversion but that part of her was in no position to do anything about it.

The part of her that was now in charge didn't care about them and cared for her survival. Only the situation aligned that monster's survival with their's. With a twist she stopped the twirling and grabbed the kunai by the hilt again. Her tight fingers scrunching the paper slightly as her chakra burned itself into it. She set a short delay before she twisted herself around. Her image blurring before the kunai was sent flying in the opposite direction they were heading.

As she stopped her rapid rotation to face them you catch a glimpse of her sharingan before it disappears. "Hurry." She said it more to herself than to those around her as the balance was again reasserted.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra Pool: 78/92

Exploding Tag!
    Chakra Control (DC21): (1d20+21)[41]
    Chakra Cost: 4

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

The kunai flies out and strikes the beast's stone hide with a light plink. The creature rears back and directs it's gaze toward where the kunai attack originated from. A growl of stone grinding against stone escapes it's granite lips. Quartz teeth glint in the sunlight, but it's not long before the creature attacks!

Spoiler
    Show

Dark Brown: Cliff-face. 80 degree angle, can be walked upon using Kinobori
    Light Brown: Dirt and stone.
    Aqua: Cliff. 60ft drop.
    D = Dog
    R = Rin

Rin needs an initiative check.

Team Rin

The team's travel isn't interrupted by further dogs for two minutes, but the howling doesn't seem to be getting any further away. Each of you has the sensation of being watched but no one can see an immediate watcher.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

"This is no good. No matter how far or fast we run, they seem to be keeping pace all the same." Sumie says between measured and even breaths as they hurry up the mountainside. Frustration tried to worry at her nerves but practiced breathing helped her to keep her head while suppressing the negative emotions that might only draw the chakra beasts further towards them.

"How much further until we reach your master? How much time will it take?" She asks the little dragon creature, gravitating towards the back of the group as her objective prickled at the back of her head. She should have stayed to help the jounin, should have thought up a better plan for escaping the beasts, should have done something more then run like a frightened child.

Inspiration strikes her as they run, returning the ANBU mask unto her face as they hurry up the mountain, slowing for a moment as she focused her chakra into the mask and reached out to feel if there was any strong sources of chakra close-by. At least they'd know how close their pursuers were...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending two chakra on low-light vision and trying to sense chakra as three levels higher with mask.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #72

Rin

A coldness surrounded the jounin that stood there. For these moments she unrecognizable as the woman they knew. The part of her that cared about their feelings felt what it could to keep the whole, human. The other part waited as it always did. Three. Two. One.

Boom.

The deep explosion sounded out as the start. Rin -or what was Rin- readied herself to attack. A soft green glow lighting her right side as her chakra scapel hummed into life.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Team Rin(-Rin)

"At this rate? An hour and a half, maybe. It's only a guess, as my master traverses the mountain at a much slower rate." Sumie's look around shows that there aren't any significant chakra collections within the 45 foot limit of her chakra sense. Whatever was chasing them remained just far enough away to be out of both visual and extrasensory perception range. It takes ten minutes, but eventually the group arrives at a small wooden gate built into the mountain side. The wooden doors are already open and the passage appears to lead into a cave of some variety. A small weak light glistens far into the distance, but nothing except pitch blackness sits between you and that little light.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yuu needs 10 Fort Saves.

1: (1d4)[4] HP and Chakra Damage.
    2: (1d4)[2] HP and Chakra Damage.
    3: (1d4)[2] HP and Chakra Damage.
    4: (1d4)[1] HP and Chakra Damage.
    5: (1d4)[3] HP and Chakra Damage.
    6: (1d4)[4] HP and Chakra Damage.
    7: (1d4)[3] HP and Chakra Damage.
    8: (1d4)[2] HP and Chakra Damage.
    9: (1d4)[3] HP and Chakra Damage.
    10: (1d4)[1] HP and Chakra Damage.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu
    "Ow. ow. ow. ow....ow."

Yuu focused on the ground in front of him, doing his level best to keep his emotions, feelings, and temperament under control, the only latitude he gave himself being an occasional wince and grunt of pain as the dragon sucked out his life force. Approaching the cave, he glanced at the dragon on his shoulder.

"Is this it, Dragon-sama? I can't keep this up for an hour and a half."

Spoiler
    Show

And here...we...go. Please, dice roller, don't hate me.
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[12]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[30]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[11]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[14]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[13]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[13]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[20]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[25]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[15]
    Fort save- (1d20+10)[20]

Edit: Crudmuffins. Spending action points. Normally, I'd use Invisible Castle, but it's blocked here at work, so the rolls will come in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-06-08 at 10:52 AM.
    My Blog Thing

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Team Rin(-Rin)

"Yes. Once you enter through the gate you'll be safe from the beasts that roam the mountain."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"That's a relief. Still, anything we have to worry about in there?"

Yuu is breathing fairly heavily as he waits for th Dragon's response.

"Thanks for coming up this way with me, guys. Anyone hear Rin-sensei?"
    My Blog Thing

17. - Top - End - #77

Rin

A rustle of branch and bush drew the attent eyes of the group toward what most of them called teacher. She stood out against the forest backdrop as she walked into the midst of the group not saying a word. To those not experienced with the ugly side of the life of the ninja or trained in healing she seemed fine. She seemed her usual self. Usual, but without the usual warm presence.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 32/64
    Chakra Pool: 20/92

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The dragon shakes it's head, and when Rin stumbles out of the foliage the group is set to move on. A sensation of imbalanced movement overcomes you as you pass through the mountain gate. It feels as if gravity had oriented itself toward the wall just a second. Long enough to make you stumble, but not long enough to send you to the ground. Then you're standing before a large temple with a steepled roof and six large golden pillars holding it up. Beyond the pillars sit a pair of great double doors sit perpetually blocked open with ornate stone lions. A figure appears as you approach the temple.

The figure wore a golden robe untied at the chest which exposed a body unused to the rigors of combat or training. It's pot belly is soft and unshaped, but it's bald head is untouched by wrinkles or age. A strangely androgynous face set with two closed slits for eyes greets you with a genuinely warm smile. A medicine pot dangles from a string tied to it's right wrist, while a bottle of sake marked with the kanji for doctor hangs from it's waist. The figure nods toward you and then beckons Yuu closer. When he comes within reach, the person takes his hand in it's own and the boy feels the dragon's foreign spirit leave his body and appear curled around it's shoulders.

"You have done well. Kui does not readily accept people, and she can be very annoying to deal with I know. My name is Yakushi. What is yours young man?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-06-13 at 01:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu bows formally, slightly in awe of the impressive temple structure around him.

"Nagase Yuu, Yakushi-sama. Thank you for taking the time to come and see us."

Yuu stands silently. He did not want to just come right out and ask for this person to restore his missing arm, so he figured on waiting. Presumably, this man would inquire as to why they were here, and then it would be more appropriate for Yuu to ask to restore his arm. He still wasn't quite sure it was possible.
    My Blog Thing

20. - Top - End - #80

Hibiki

The genin gawks at the man in front of them and points a finger at the protruding belly. His mouth stays agape for a couple moments before he shakes it loose so his face could relax in its normal position. I bet he could beat Gluttony in an eating contest. I can't believe it. One of the other inner-Hibiki's agrees, Neither can I.

Before Hibiki can comment on the corpulent man, he turns his head to see Rin. The crazed nin walks carefully wondering if the absence of her friendly aura meant she was secretly wielding chopsticks somewhere. Hibiki pushes forward and tugs gently on her earthy-toned skirt.

"Are you alright, Rin-sensei? We were worried that you'd be eaten. And when I say we, I really mean me and the rest of us...Yeah. So are you okay? I can totally help you if you want! Healing no Jutsu!" Hibiki pushes both hands forward and attempts to use his chakra to heal her; however, his purplish chakra quickly fizzles out. "Kuso! I thought I got it down...I'm sorry Rin-sensei! I'll get you a nice, big band-aid for that cut there." He jabs his finger at one of the jounin's wounds, "Oh and that one and that one and..."

Hibiki continues prodding his sensei's wounds until stopped.

21. - Top - End - #81

Rin

With a movement faster than the eye could follow Rin grabbed Hibiki's oncoming finger. She slowly applied pressure to the finger as she spoke to apply her point. "That hurts. Don't do it." She released his finger with slow exhale of breath.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Yakushi

The portly individual raises a hand to touch the dragon lightly. It's hand begins to glow lightly then it places it's hand upon Yuu's shoulder. The boy feels a little woozy as the energy taken from him flood back into his body. "I do hope the monsters around the mountain were not terribly troublesome." The person moves around Yuu and toward Rin, placing a hand to her forehead and channels a bit of energy into her body. He speaks to no one in particular as he heals the jounin. "Are you here for any particular reason, or is this just a pleasant visit?"

Spoiler
    Show
    HP regen: (5d8+15)[46] after (1d4)[2] rounds.
    Yuu regains the chakra/HP lost from the dragon.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

Like the rest, Sumie stumbled when passing through the gate and a brief look of chagrin passes her features when she does. How long had she been training in martial arts, and still she could not even keep her balance? Her mother would be ashamed of her. Such thoughts didn't have a place for long as the mountain turned into an extravagant temple with fanciful columns and what looked like a most corpulent man who acted like the one that her companions had come looking for.

"Excuse me," The girl offers politely, briefly inclining her head to what she thinks to be the sage before continuing, "but they have not just come here for a pleasant village. Yuu is seeking to replace his arm."

Straight, and a bit blunt, but it got them all down right to the point. Perhaps they were safe inside of this temple after all, but that might not keep the chakra beasts from gathering outside of the gate for them all to reappear after their dealings with this man. A prospect that Sumie hardly relished, best to get this done quickly and break a few social graces in the prospect.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Yakushi

A heartily laugh that shakes it's belly like jello echoes through the temple. "To the point? Very good. I like people who have no qualms with beating around the bush.."

The person moves over to examine Yuu's arm. It lifts the stub up, rubs the healed tip then gently lets the boy's arm rest back at his side. It takes a deep breath then shakes it's head at poor Yuu. "There is nothing I can do for your old arm, my poor lad. The healing used on it sealed the wound and reknit the veins perfectly. As is, it is nothing but a slab of flesh, blood and bone."

It gives Yuu a moment, then speaks again. "However, that is not to say that I cannot give you a new arm. Unfortunately, any old arm won't do. We will need a fresh arm, but naturally I cannot allow you to take the arm of another human. As such, I will give you a task. You must venture into the mountain to slay a beast then bring it's body to me. I will craft you an arm from it's remains."

It then turns to Rin and nods. "I am afraid that her injuries will require further rest, and I cannot leave this temple. As such, it will be up to you and your friends to slay a creature."

25. - Top - End - #85

Rin

Reminded of a small shrine she had kept in her home of the Yakushi Buddha Rin remembered the many times she had sat silently at that small shrine praying. She felt hypocritical for even having it. With an exhale she relaxed her mind and body. Her lips moved as words formed behind them but as she was reminded she held one of the ten wholesome precepts: abstention from harsh language. She had failed many of the precepts many times.

She felt herself capable despite her injury. Her body disagreed, but that was never an obstacle. As she stood it was when the Buddha spoke she relented. "Yes." Letting go of the tension that kept her upright she slumped slightly. "Is there anywhere specific I should rest?" Rin kept herself polite despite her now obvious ragged condition.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Yakushi

The person motions for Rin to enter the temple proper. Inside, the temple is simple and unadorned. A dark stone floor leads to a small shrine built with with wood. Inside the shrine sits the statue of an androgynous figure with a very shiny pot-belly. Its right hand faces you with fingers pointing to the sky, while its left hand holds a pot of medicine. The statue rests atop twelve golden bricks adorned with the kanji for the numbers one through twelve above another set of kanji. Each brick bears the marks of an animal starting with Hare and ending in Dragon.

When Rin looks away from the statue she finds herself sitting in a room much like the one at her home in Kazangakure. It's even accompanied by fixed surroundings, a warm fluffy bed and the toys from her childhood. A steaming meal sits atop a serving stand left behind by servants of the Uchiha family.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-06-12 at 12:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post

It gives Yuu a moment, then speaks again. "However, that is not to say that I cannot give you a new arm. Unfortunately, any old arm won't do. We will need a fresh arm, but naturally I cannot allow you to take the arm of another human. As such, I will give you a task. You must venture into the mountain to slay a beast then bring it's body to me. I will craft you an arm from it's remains."

It then turns to Rin and nods. "I am afraid that her injuries will require further rest, and I cannot leave this temple. As such, it will be up to you and your friends to slay a creature."
    Yuu
    Yuu felt a sweeping relief wash over him as the dragon left his body, feeling as though he'd just taken a long relaxing soak in a hot spring, followed by a good 12-hour rest. He felt like, even with his arm, he could take on the world, but he did his level best to check that feeling. After what happened with the Mist ninja, and his argument with Sasuke the other day, it would not do good to get overconfident.

"Thank you for your guidance, Kui-sama. And Yakushi-sama, just how intact do you need the body? With my arm being the way it is, I think explosives would be the safest way to take one of those beasties down, eh Kuromaru?"

"Grruf!" Kuromaru barked his agreement with his master's analysis- they'd been hunting together several times.

"Any information about these beasts that you could provide would be greatly appreciated, Yakushi-sama- where they lair, if they travel in packs, their methods of hunting...anything would help. Though I must ask what I can do for you in return for restoring my arm. Please, you need merely to ask."
    My Blog Thing

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Yakushi

It shakes it's head at Yuu's questions. "It already pains me to send you to do this task, and I could not help you further. I will however, need the body whole and intact as every piece removed will reduce the power of the limb proportionally. Naturally, you will need to be quick about bringing the body back here as they will begin falling apart upon death."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu sighs slightly, a bit of the spring in his step taken away at the old man?...old person's words. They would have to kill one of those beasts without severe physical damage...unfortuantely, severe physical damage was one of the only things Yuu did well, particularly since he lost his arm and lost access to Rairyuudan no jutsu.

"Well, thank you anyways." He turns to the new girl, someone he has not yet had a chance to get to know, but who seems reliable, and quite possibly stronger than him.
    "I don't suppose you have any skill at genjutsu, do you Sumei-san? That would seem to be our best bet for taking one of these things down with minimal damage. A shame sensei is laid up, but I guess that's the only thing that saved our lives coming up the mountain."
    My Blog Thing

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

"You need us to...bring you a body. To make him a new arm from one of the chakra beasts." Sumie says flatly, to hide her surprise at the request. This...must certainly be some complicated sort of process if it required the pieces from another living breathing creatures. And before she could even, wryly at that, suggest taking the arm of the one who had taken Yuu's original arm the idea had been shot down.

"No, I have no talent in genjutsu of any kind. I've always found it to be...too subtle for what we do for a living so I've never looked into it. Don't worry though Yuu-sama, I do have different specialty that should be just as suited to bringing back a beast in one piece." She reassures the other, instinct prompting her to pull her gloves tighter about her hands and tighten them into fists for a brief moment. "Yakushi-sama, would it be alright if we rest it for some time before venturing out? I know Yuu-sama must have been drained somewhat of his reserves, I don't want to attempt this at anything less then our best."