New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rin: The Sword of the Valiant

Hibiki

Hibiki stops with his foot in mid-air, about to make another step closer to the mysterious woman. The child turns his head slightly at the person, his face was plastered with a questioning look. "I'm feeling some bad vibes from you lady...Like really bad vibes. Vibes so bad, that I could stab myself with my finger and it wouldn't hurt as much as you being this close to me..." Hibiki thinks about what he said for a moment and takes a step back.

"A little better...Woah! Hold on! You look younger now!"
    Hibiki takes as many steps forward as he can before feeling those horrible, primal instincts yelling to attack in his head. "Old~" Hibiki steps back, "Young~" Hibiki takes a half step forward, "Middle-aged! Nah, I'm kidding. Really though, I-" That was when it happened, something clicked inside Hibiki's brain. A little delayed, perhaps, but it sent a warning throughout his body.

Parts of him wanted to attack, others wanted to flee. This whole tug o' war of decisions caused the genin to stand still in freight. The horror he was experiencing was akin to his meeting with his inner-demons, but somehow this new fear was too horrible to bear. After such an experience, would Hibiki ever again be afraid of his inner-sins? Hibiki struggled to open his mouth, it was as if a kunai had pierced his jaws together.

"Wh-who are you? How di-did you know my name..." It was probably the most coherent thing Hibiki had said sans the stuttering. The daft child's blond hair was wet with cold sweat that had crept out from his pores as if to escape the woman in front of him.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Rin and Hibiki

The girl narrows her eyes at Hibiki, but her smile doesn't abate. A step forward, a shake of her hips and the feeling of oil crawling across Hibiki's skin is all he gets in response to his question. She moves forward with deliberate twisting of her shoulders and hips. Her movements only hasten Hibiki's instincts. That voice built by thousands of years of human evolution kicks and screams at the boy that whatever is in front of him is not human. It's a predator. A creature of death that devours the meat of his kind and certainly has no compunctions about doing so.

"Oh.. Hibiki-kun, you wound me. I thought you would recognize little old me. Do I mean nothing to you after all..? You cad." She stops just inches away from the boy and reaches out to touch his head, but Hibiki subconciously moves his head back. "Tssk. And I thought we were friends. Be a dear and find little Rin-chan for me, yes?"

3. - Top - End - #153

Rin

Hearing the gibbering sounds of Hibiki and through her sixth sense feeling his utter and incomparable terror, Rin ignited. The chakra coil system emanated from a single spot and it was this powerhouse that fuelled the shinobi. Until the first split second of hearing and feeling Hibiki’s distress Rin’s incalculable generators of raw chakra remained in what she termed ‘stand-by’. In the second half of that split second that generator pulsed into sudden and tortured operation. Her body and spirit heaved at the sudden and increasing demand on it but Rin continued to stoke her own internal powerhouse. Her body seethed as her highly refined and incendiary chakra poured into every cell of her. The lines between chakra and person blurred as she did.

With her body turned to her purpose prescribed to her by decades of repetition, Rin moved. Not in the manner a human moved but of a lightning bolt. She had her target place, she had her place and she had the distance between them. Then in a flash of movement that remained uncatchable to Hibiki’s eyes appeared behind him, an ad hoc guardian angel burning with righteous flame inside of a flesh and blood body. With a calm and steady movement she placed her hands on the boys shoulder and pulled him back into her own cauldron hot body. Orochimaru, she tore the words from her lungs as if she were removing a poison. What have you done with Yakushi? She knew such devil’s work was not beyond this vile snake but for now she kept the sanctity of this holy and peaceful place. She felt such calm serenity and she did not want to diffuse it so quickly yet.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

"I can not explain all of it to you. Part of it has to deal with the classified information from the scroll that your jounin decided you should not be privy to. Part of it I can handle at any time and part we must ask the Yakushi about when we return. Now I ask you again. Let me see your sword. I don't carry any kunai and they aren't suitable for this anyway." Sumie explains pointedly with a hint of irritation seeping into her tone. It was obvious, to her anyway, that she couldn't be entirely forth-coming about this matter so why was he weakening their bargaining position right here in front of the Stone-Kings emissary?

The girl half-turns, keeping her eyes on the chakra-wolf as she whispers fiercely to the genin. "Let me worry about the price, I am the one who promised to pay the Stone-King and it is well within my capabilities to do so. Now give me your sword and start heading back to the Yakushi with our guest. I do not like being on this mountain and want to leave."

Maybe a tone of command was needed...it had worked on her old team after all.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"...goddamn secrecy and security. Fine. I want it on record that I don't like this. I don't like agreeing to something this big when I don't know what I'm agreeing to, so I'm going to have to trust you on this one. Saying that, I owe you."

With that, he pulled out his sword from its sheath, flipped it, and offered Sumie the hilt, bowing as he did so. There were certain ways one had to go about this, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

The girl's hand reaches out to take the hilt, sweeping the blade away from the other's grasp and taking a deep steadying breath. She gripped the sword in two hands, meeting the chakra-wolf's gaze as her feet kicked small furrows in the ground all about her. Another deep breath. Sumie's free hand went to the clasps of her breastplate, undoing them and letting them clatter to the ground, the fanciful metal discarded as if it meant nothing. Underneath of the armor, something nobody on this new team had seen, was a body stocking of armored mesh that clung to her slight body like a second skin. It was, distressingly so, transparent but that's why she had turned her back to Yuu in the first place. All he could see from behind was the same lithe body she did nothing to hide normally.

"My act of goodwill. The heartsblood of a demon." She said softly, barely loud enough for Yuu to hear, but that would probably be the last thing on his mind a minute later. The katana was flipped around until the point was leveled at Sumie's breastbone, the tip poking against the mesh as she gripped the sword with both hands. A flicker of hesitation briefly clouds her eyes but then she thrusts the sword forward with all the strength in her arms.

With a flash of pain, Sumie felt the sword blade pierce into her chest and out the other side with a burning pain that had her eyes widening in surprise. It shouldn't have hurt that much! The girl coughs, vision swimming as she realizes that blood had come out of her mouth when she did, reaching up with one hand to resolutely wipe it away with the back of her hand as the crimson flow cascaded down to the ground from the front and back.

"Hah...hah..hah." It was all she could do to make the pained grunts, for one terrifying moment fearing she wouldn't make it before clasping the sword in her grasp once more. "Gahhh!!"

The anguished yell heralded a crimson fountain as Sumie wrenched the sword out of her body and fell down unto her knees panting. Blood pooled on the ground all about her and she reached out to pull some dirt over a sanguine rivelet of her life's blood.

"Is..is that satisfactory?" She asks numbly, eyes slightly hazy as she twisted her head to Yuu without waiting for an answer and held out the sword. "Here. W...We..we need to get back to Rin. I don't..I don't want to be..be laid up for a week healing from this."

The...cavalier attitude she was taking after stabbing herself in the heart was almost more distressing then the act itself...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2009-07-08 at 06:33 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #157

Hibiki

The evil aura that permeated from "Orochimaru" filled Hibiki with a sense of coldness, and the genin thought of himself stranded in the middle of a frozen wasteland. The only heat he could feel was his inner body's worth and that small amount was now being sapped from him by the surrounding air. Hibiki breathes out slowly, his breathe visible as if the coldness he felt was truly real.

Luckily for the daft child, Rin rescued him from his desolate position and immersed him into a bath of warmth and heat. Hibiki closes his eyes and pretends he was on a beach smiling as the sun shined down onto the land. He opens his eyes to find the woman still standing there.

"R-rin...Wha-what is that thing?"
    he asks, his words still broken up by the immense fear he felt for the aberration. "Rin!" Hibiki turns around and clings to the jounin's body, hoping that her body could house him from this reality, from this evil.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu just stared. He had glanced over his shoulder, still keeping half an eye on the beast behind him, because he was curious about how Sumie intended to go about the typical blood offering. He had never really had much of an occasion to make those oaths- he generally considered the fact that he never went back on his word to be sufficient, but he had had a few friends that did. For those who used knives, a slash across the finger was typical, though one guy he knew preferred to slash his cheeks, creating a show of the oath that was difficult to hide. Yuu always figured, given the bulk of his katana, that he'd slash his palm for such an oath, and was expecting something similar. Slightly confused when she removed her armor, but trying to preserve her modesty, Yuu didn't realize or react in time as she plunged it into her breast.

"NO!"

Panicking, he completely forgot about the beasts guarding them as he frantically ran to try and stop the bleeding, but he hadn't gotten close enough when she yanked the sword back out.

"I..but..why..."

Taking a deep breath, he did his level best to calm down.

"Alright. Alright. Kuromaru, get gone. Get Rin-sensei, quick as you can. That crazy monk if you can, too."

He turned to the girl now bleeding beneath him.

"Why aren't you dead?! That was a sword-strike right through the heart, and I know my sword's not a fake. But more importantly, why would you do something that stupid?!
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

Sumie had just begun to rise back up when Yuu had rushed the short distance to her, looking faintly surprised at his concern as he sent Kuromaru rushing back to find the Uchiha jounin. Before he could get too far with his questions though, she grabbed hold of his arm with both hands and hauled herself up bodily to her feet.

"Never ask a woman or girl about her secrets Yuu-sama. You never know when it might touch a nerve." She offers helpfully, a weak grin on her face as she regains her feet. There wasn't a chance that she was going to walk away before knowing if her blood had been enough to sate the Stone King's wants, but that didn't mean she couldn't get ready to leave either. "And it...it takes more then a heart-stab to..ki..kill me. This really hurts you know."

A deep quivering breath, eyes closed and then she opened them with that impassive look of staunch determination in them once more. "It is simple. I had one of the items needed for the exchange and I gave it. I think. I'm not sure if my blood is potent enough. Don't worry Yuu-sama..I am not in..danger right now. But I would still like to find Rin as quickly as possible and bring our ally to the Yakushi.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Stone King

For a moment, the mountain itself seems to heave as an earthquake rocks the ground. Stone, gravel and dust throws itself up into the sky then tumbles down it's surface. The violent movement throws the stone wolf, Sumie, Kuromaru and Yuu to the ground like sacks of potatoes. It takes several minutes for the shaking to subside, but eventually you find yourself standing up with little trouble. You're dirty, but alive and as unharmed as you could be--ignoring Sumie's gaping chest wound of course. The stone wolf doesn't rise as it's eyes are blackened and lusterless. Poking and prodding it shows no response and you're led to believe it's dead. Strangely, however, it's body radiates the angry bloodlust of a living being. It seems you have received your end of the deal.

Yuu
    Spoiler
    Show
    A voice in Yuu beckons the boy to touch it. It whispers sweet nothings edged with the warmth of promises of power. A wraith wearing the face of that girl appears above it's body, invisible to Sumie but quite visible to Yuu. It's body of smoke hovers just above the stone without it's feet touching the body. It's right arm raises and points to Yuu with it's index and middle fingers extended as if it were using that technique which nearly ended his life. A stiff freezing wind scatters the smoke to the heavens and leaves the boy on his own.

Sumie and Yuu

When the boy touches it, a red circle forms beneath his feet. Hundreds of incredibly small symbols scribed into the very stone itself. It seems to be a summoning technique, but instead of eight tentacles of ink going outward there are eight focusing inward. The circle glows bright before it begins to move like a snake. It crawls up his feet to his legs, up his legs to his body and finally forms a limb around his stub purely out of seals. The sensation of feeling in an arm that isn't there floods his system, but this is very quickly replaced with infinite and all-consuming pain. Sumie watches on as a bone tears out of the boy's stub, bloody and white and quite human indeed. That bone becomes a finger, a hand, then forearm as it rips open his flesh to knit his body together. The boy's shirt dissolves into ribbons and the body of the stone wolf begins breaking apart into little red crystals blown across the wind like pollen.

Several seconds pass and Yuu stands there with a new arm. The flesh of his stub is burned away and all he has is bone for a short while. Then the fire comes. Billions of little red flecks from the stone wolf's body converge upon Yuu leaving little lacerations upon his exposed upper body as they swarm across him to encircle the bone arm. A roar of igniting fire fills the air as his arm is covered in burning and churning red chakra. The exposed chakra feels oppressively angry, hateful, resenting and all too alien. But the ink seals are still in place, holding the chakra into an arm shape. Soon, the ribbons of his shirt flow upward and form into a series of bandages across the fiery demon chakra. Those seals burn themselves into the bandages, into the arm and even into the flesh of his chest.

Now, he stands looking like a mortal. The oppressive feeling of the demonic chakra hidden beneath the sealed bandages of his right arm. A single kanji is burned onto Yuu's chest right above his heart. "Heaven". A reminder of what he has done. Now, he is but a man. A whole man, but a man all the same.

Yuu
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are like myself. Your strength, your weakness.. Your very being is within stone. Worked by the hammer, shaped by fire. Come, and we will destroy those who oppose us. Our strength will be undeniable. The earth. The heavens. They will tremble at our might!"

Rin and Hibiki

The girl opens her mouth to speak, but before she can speak a tremor passes through the ground. The sky-like ceiling, the stone walls of the temple and the floor beneath you undulates like a human throat for just a second. No one is harmed or unbalanced, but you feel something is quite different. The temple no longer feels peaceful, and now it's terrifying. The flowers and grass seem duller than before, the temple walls feel paler than normal and the temple doors are swinging back and forth rather than blocked open as they had been.

A heartbeat is all the time it takes for the warm light to go dark as.. things crawl from the temple. They appear human to your eye, but your heart knows better. Their skin are shadows and sheds off their bones like small sparks of fire. Their faces are human-shaped but their eyes are not. Cold blackness reflecting nothing but the hate in their hearts and the evil desires hidden beneath their flesh. Teeth of night, sharp and insidious, form smiles far too wide to be acceptable. They crawl forth one hands and feet, swarming over the swinging doors but not disturbing the unstable passageways.

The girl looks around with one eyebrow raised. The ever-so-slight movement proving her confusion. "It seems we are no longer welcome, hm? I wonder what you'll do to live through this.."

DM

Spoiler
    Show
    Man. Lots of stuff happening. Alright.

• Need a percentile roll from Yuu. Roll low!
    • Also need a Will Save against a DC of 15 for Rin and Hibiki. Fail means they're shaken for (2d4+2)[7] rounds.
    • Need a Fort Save at DC 20 from Yuu. Success means his Strength penalty is gone. Failure means it's halved for (1d10)[1] hours and removed at the end of that duration.

Yuu gains the following template, regardless of his save/percentile roll
    Arm Template
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evil God's Arm:

The still living arm of a demon grafted onto a human body using the Final Judgement of God technique. The arm is bound in cloth powered by a sealing technique to contain it's horrible energy, but it can be unraveled to vastly increase the arm's hitting power. As it's unraveled, the arm appears to be a limb made of red chakra that surrounds a skeletal human arm.

Seal Level(Su): The seal level of the Evil God Arm can be controlled as a standard action. The user starts at level 0 and can advance 1 level per standard action used to release the arm's strength.

Level 0: The arm uses the user's base strength score.

Level 1: The arm uses the user's base strength score plus 2. This level has a 10% chance of triggering Evil God Corruption.

Level 2: The arm uses the user's base strength score plus 4. This level has a 20% chance of triggering Evil God Corruption.

Level 3: The arm uses the user's base strength score plus 6. This level has a 40% chance of triggering Evil God Corruption.

Level 4: The arm uses the user's base strength score plus 8. This level has an 80% chance of triggering Evil God Corruption.

Evil God Corruption: The corrupting force of the demon's energy causes the user's arm to rebel against his body. If triggered, the user suffers 2d4 points of damage times the modifier of his current Seal Level(IE: Failure in level 2 causes 4d4 damage. While failure in level 4 causes 8d4 damage) as well as 4 points of Strength damage only for his Evil God Arm bonus. The penalty will not disappear when the arm is resealed, but can heal naturally at the normal rate of healing for ability score damage. The hit point damage can be halved on a successful Fortitude Save against a DC equal to 10+1/2 damage dealt. The Strength damage can be halved on a successful Fortitude Save against a DC equal to 20+2 per failure in 24 hours.

Demonic Energies: The demon chakra pouring from the arm into the user radically affects the user's body. The user gains the Demonic Subtype. If the user does not have a primary, secondary or tertiary allegience of Allegience: Power, Allegience: Evil or Allegience: Revenge then the user must roll on the following list:

{table="head"]Percentile | Result
    1-30 | User replaces tertiary allegience with Power, Evil or Revenge. Current tertiary allegience is lost.
    31-60 | User replaces secondary allegience with Power, Evil or Revenge. Current secondary moves down to tertiary, and tertiary is removed.
    61-90 | User replaces primary allegience with Power, Evil or Revenge. Primary moves down to Secondary and Secondary moves down to Tertiary while the Tertiary is lost.
    90-100 | User replaces all allegiences with Power, Evil and Revenge in any order he wishes.
    [/table]

He can also access the following feats which he can exchange for any feat he currently knows:
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Ready Arm(Feat)
    Benefit: The user is able to release a seal on his arm with a move action instead of a standard.
    Normal: A standard action must be used to release a seal on the arm.

Blessing of Akuma(Feat)
    Benefit: The user may expend 2 points of chakra that cannot be converted to stamina damage in order to increase the bonus given from his Evil God Arm by 2. This also increases the chance of triggering Evil God Corruption by 10%. This ability can only be used once per day per point of Constitution bonus of the user.

Rin + Hibiki OOC stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whomever has the highest Initiative modifier can make a check for you two. Orochimaru, regardless of his check, will just wait so I won't bother giving him one.
    Monsters go on: (1d20+2)[4]

Key:
    Yellow Squares: Demons. 18 in total, just refer to the coordinates if you're going to attack, please.
    O=Orochimaru
    R=Rin
    H=Hibiki
    Steps: Difficult terrain.
    Doors: Provide cover. You can take full cover behind one as a full round action. Can be pushed with DC 10 Strength check. Success moves any creature on the other side back five-feet, deals 2d8+STR damage, and renders it prone.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-08 at 10:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Ominous Music!

Yuu shook his head as the earthquake subsided. He looked at Suime, still shocked that she was alive. A voice in the back of his head- a voice he normally listened to- was telling him that she desperately needed medical attention. That voice was oddly quiet, and seemed to be shouting from a great distance away, as if locked in a tower and forced to try and shout from the ramparts. Another voice, one he could just make out on the edges of his mindscape, was screaming fit to burst that whatever was in front of him was evil, hellish, and would corrupt and destroy him utterly and unequivocally. He should have no business dealing with this thing, and instead should run, screaming, as fast as he could. That voice seemed to be coming from the same tower as the first, but instead chained in the dungeon, where only the sheer volume of its tortured cries made it even perceptible. Yuu ignored it as well, shaking his head to rid himself of the irritating buzzing in his ears. The voices that seemed to flow from the carcass were like honey in his ears, promising him the power to protect his friends, his village, the whole world even.

Then the smoke still rising from the newly dead corpse seemed to coalesce into the shape of the mist-ninja who had taken his arm. A rage like he had never known consumed his brain. This was the girl who had taken his arm, who had caused so much hardship for him and his friends, who gleefully slaughtered with willful abandon. She was a murderer. A threat. A plague. She needed to be removed, and quickly. Almost unknowingly, blind to all else but that vision, Yuu threw his strongest punch- his sword lying bloodied in the dirt. In his confused state, he didn't even recognize that this was a right-handed punch. However the shifting of his weight threw him forward, and, stumbling to catch himself with his good arm, Yuu grabbed onto the corpse.

More Ominous muisc!

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh!!!!!"

White-hot lances of pain shot through him as the seals moved up his body. It was like no other pain that he had ever experienced before in his life. Then the second wave, concentrated in his nonexistent right arm, made that pain feel like being tickled. Too far gone to even scream, Yuu fell to his knees and vomited, covering the dirt around him in half-digested rice and bile, the pain so great his vision blurred, and strange smells began to seep into his nose as his brain went crazy from the pain. Thus he could not see as new bones shot out from his stump, and was filled over with flesh. He could not hear it either, for those voices whispering in his head had only intensified, telling him tales of the power and might he would wield with this arm, power the likes of which the world had never seen. Impossibly, the pain intensified as fire burned away the flesh of his arm. It subsided and disappeared as the nerveless bones were all that remained, then returned as the demonic chakra swept down his body and onto arm and was bound there, the binding producing pinpricks that seemed almost comforting in their mildness. Finally, after an eternity, it evaporated. One last lance of pain pierced his heart, burning itself into the kanji that Sumie could see, and then, finally, it was over.

Yuu collapsed in the dirt and lay there, gasping. He was sweating as though he had run around the world, desperately sucking in air as though he'd never breathed before. Kuromaru, concerned for his master but now incredibly wary of the evil that emanated from his new arm, hovered nearby, torn about what to do as he whined uncomfortably. After the longest five minutes of Yuu's life, he sat up, pushing himself up with his newly reattached arm.

The voices had subsided, and the white-hot pain had burned his mind completely blank, and so he began to do a basic checkup of himself. His throat was raw from screaming, his lip bloody from where his frantic spasms had casued his mouth to bite down. His shirt was missing, with a tattoo above his heart of "heaven" and seal markings leading to his newly regrown arm...an arm that was swathed in bandages, and felt...powerful. As though it could punch a god, and that god would be utterly destroyed. But that power was held back, contained for when he needed it. That voice that had screamed itself hoarse in the dungeon of his mind now returned, warning him of the evil aura that seeped through the bandages. He flexed his new fingers, curling them into a fist as he experimentally punched a nearby rock. Normally such a maneuver would leave his knuckles raw and bloody, and possibly fracture his hand, but he didn't feel even a twinge of pain as the rock crumbled beneath his fist.

"I...what? Why did I receive this? What's happened to me?"

He turned to look at Sumie, and there was both rage and confusion in his mind, that spoke of profound inner turmoil.

"This...isn't what I wanted...I just wanted a normal arm, one like the one I lost...and for you to have to do what you did..."

Yuu trailed off, clearly confused as he tried to figure out whether this was a blessing or a curse. He couldn't tell yet.

"I'm sorry....I need to get you to Rin-sensei as fast as possible. Can you walk?"
    My Blog Thing

12. - Top - End - #162

As the temple turned from a place of peace Rin held Hibiki closer to her awaiting the return of the chattering mass of voices inside his head. Rin couldn’t fathom what either of them had done and given even Orochimaru’s confusion she could not blame this on him, even if she wanted to. Hibiki, Rin still held him close to her as she spoke in a clear and cool voice, the peace that had made her feel so small gone and replaced by anger and terror that made her feel, at home. Listen very closely, run away and find Sumie and Yuu. Sumie is in charge until... She choked on the word 'until' as she spoke. Or if I come back. Run Hibiki, run.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 46/64
    Chakra Pool: 34/92
    Armour Class: 28
    Ongoing Effects: None

Will Save!
    Will Save: 30
    All our equipment, master-worked, seal enhanced and emotional special gear. Not to mention the Bingo Book or the mission scroll. Why Yuu, why?
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-09 at 02:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Hibiki

The stress of the situation seemed to stretch on as Rin faced down the woman named Orochimaru, but before fists could clash or jutsus performed the entire temple turned against them. What was a place of peace and calm suddenly became a void of beauty and life as demons with inhuman eyes swarmed in front of the trio. For some strange reason, the creatures didn't bother Hibiki as much as the woman standing towards his left did a few moments ago.

Somehow the introduction of them dispelled all worry fear and worries Hibiki held just a few moments ago. The child shook himself free from Rin and turned around to look at her. Hibiki listened, but didn't understand. "What do you mean? Yuu and Sumie-chan are probably half way across the mountain by now. If I leave, I'll never get back in time! Let me help!" He turns his head to the creatures and sees them in a different light.

Their diabolic eyes and their obsidian-like teeth were just outside appearances for what they truly were. The eighteen things transformed into the Sins who have always weighed Hibiki down his entire life. "Rin, I don't think I can back down from this fight. You told me I'd have to fight my inner-demons with in my head. Well, I don't think I can do that just yet, but if I back down from the demons that plague me on the outside...I don't think I'll ever be able to win on the inside...So Rin-sensei, as you're genin I'm going to disobey your command. I can't back down."

Hibiki's nervous stuttering stopped as he talked of the creatures in front of them. It was as if something was off about the genin besides normally being clinically insane of course. At that moment, Hibiki seemed like a normal ninja to Rin. Was he finally growing up?

Without saying a word, the Leaf-nin crosses both of his index and middle fingers against each other. Three quick poofs and three exact replicas appear before the original. Each one carries a stoic expression as they face down the ranks of shadows. Hibiki himself shows no fear as he prepares to do battle.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-07-09 at 03:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit points:
    94/94 (-4)
    Chakra pool: 72/78
    Armour class: 20
    Ongoing effects: Kage Bunshin (0/600)

Kage Bunshin! (full-round action)
    Perform (DC20): (1d20+20)[25]
    Chakra cost: 6
    Stamina Damage:
    (1d4-1)[2]
    (1d4-1)[0]
    (1d4-1)[1]

Clones and Hibiki are in a diamond formation with Hibiki on the bottom corner.

Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-07-09 at 03:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Rin

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative!
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[24] + Action Point - (2d6b1)[2]

Initiative for both Rin and Hibiki, since they'll be doing things together and it's what Nod' wants. Threw in an action point to see if by some fluke we go before Orochimaru.

16. - Top - End - #166

Hibiki

Flaps of shuriken holsters are all unbuttoned simultaneously by the group of Hibiki's. Due to dumb luck, Hibiki never bothered taking off his holsters since he wore the same outfit everyday out of his belief in super heroes and their lack of a wardrobe. Good thing too, since there was a lack of weapons on his side. Hibiki just stares forward at his enemies and speaks, "I'll test the waters and see if I can blow a hole in their ranks." His words came out a little dry as if it was their first time ever coming out in such a non-Hibiki way.

The clones draw two shurikens each and lift their arms like they would taking off their shirts. When their elbows reached their highest point, the clones whipped their arms down, letting loose a barrage of star-shaped nin-weapons. As the shuriken hissed through the air, the real Hibiki held his wrist and focused his chakra outwards. A thin layer of purple chakra solidified around the genin's hand, ready for battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Hit points:
    94/94 (-4)
    Armour Class: 20
    Ongoing effects: Kage Bunshin (1/600)

Chakra Scalpel!
    Move Action

Kage Hibiki's
    Hit points: 3/3
    Armour Class: 15

Six attacks, two directed at each demon (11-13,15)
    If for some reason the first wave kills them (yeah right) Direct the next wave at (11-13,14)

Attack!

#1a Attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d3)[3]

#2a (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage: (1d3)[3]

#3a (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d3)[1]

#1b (1d20-1)[9]
    Damage: (1d3)[2]

#2b (1d20-1)[7]

#3b (1d20-1)[2]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Hibiki's Kage Bunshins successfully hit their targets--all except the last one whose shuriken hits the dirt instead. Strangely though, four out of five of the direct hits do nothing at all. They simply pass straight through one of the creatures and out the other side without any detriment to the creature at all. The first one, however, hits and causes the little black blob to burst into ooze. It quickly becomes nothing but a puddle of liquid night.

Spoiler
    Show

Everything but the 3 hits their AC. You forgot your strength bonus to damage on your shuriken attacks.

Miss chances:
    1- Miss on a 2. (1d2)[1]
    2- Miss on a 1. (1d2)[1]
    3- Miss on a 2. (1d2)[2]
    1- Miss on a 1. (1d2)[1]
    2- Miss on a 2. (1d2)[2]

If it hits and deals 2 damage, it pops.

EDIT: One dead shadow.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-09 at 10:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

Words defied what happened next when the ground began to rumble...defied expectations in every way it possibly could. In the world of ninjas and shinobis there were many unusual and bizarre things that utterly defied expectations and some of them she had even seen for herself, even if she didn't understand them. This was a whole 'nother grade above anything she had ever experienced or had even heard better. This whole confounded mountain was!

Amazement shows in her wide eyes, betraying the deep felt shock that rocked her to the core after that amazing happenings that resulted in Yuu's new cloth-bound arm covered in seals. Another thing she had never seen the like of before. When she got back to civilization, if she did, then she was going to spend a good deal of time figuring out what had just happened. Something told her that trying to sense chakra right now would likely blind her.

Yuu's words snap her back to reality and the loss of blood since when it had all begun made her wobble for a moment dizzily. But even now, she could feel the gradual process of flesh knitting back together, bone reforming, and color faintly returning to her face. It'd be slow, but with Rin's help it shouldn't be a problem. Sumie nods to the older boy, reaching down to pluck up her discarded breastplate and buckle it back on.

"We should hurry. Rin needs to examine you." She says briskly, beginning to lead the genin back towards the temple as quickly as she was willing to risk going. Wouldn't do to tear the wound now...

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"I'm not the one with the gaping chest wound. You sure you're alright?"

Yuu begins to clamber up the rocks and make his way back to the cave where Hibiki and Rin are staying. Maybe the crazy old sage could tell him a bit more about this new arm of his. It still felt odd- as if it didn't quite belong to him. But that made sense- it was an arm of demonic chakra, of course it didn't belong to him. Still, with every passing minute he could feel his arm getting stronger and more associated with his body, as a real arm would. Silent for a time, contemplative, he turned to Sumie.

You know, you've got a hell of a lot of explaining to do. Were you expecting this?" He indicates his arm.
    My Blog Thing

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

"I said I was fine! Let it go." Sumie finally snaps out irritably, the fray on her usual calm showing as she begins the return trip to the temple. Something sour had settled into the pit of her stomach, a feeling of ominous malice that had no rational bias at all. Instinct, pure and simple.

This entire place seemed to be conspiring to undo years of effort on her part, and she almost hated it for that before reigning herself in.

Calm..calm. Easy now. Pain is not an excuse. It is merely a nuisance. The unexpected is not a threat, just a complication. Fear not hardship, it can always be overcome.

The credo did much to soothe herself, taking much of the bite out of her tone when she looked back at Yuu and gave him a long look before answering honestly.

"...No. I expected a regular arm, albeit the price I need to pay should have tipped me off. I am sorry Yuu-sama, but at least you have your full faculties back."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"Depending on the cost, I might have preferred to keep the one arm. You do realize I'm the one they're going to come after if we can't pay the piper. So I need to know the costs. You can tell me later, but I'm not going to stop until I find out."

Yuu keeps climbing, Kuromaru still wary but alongside, following.
    My Blog Thing

22. - Top - End - #172

Rin

As Rin watched the restrained use of his clones she could not help but stare for a second and just act befuddled. The second or two she allowed herself was likely too much time given to such blatant pride in her student. When the hell did he stop being crazy, she thought idly. Without much thought Rin’s body suffered through the motion of forming her chakra into a blade around her right hand. Her face never giving inkling as to the pain such activity put her through. With a flush of speed her off-hand formed the casual half-seals of her own original technique, the final seal heralding a crackle of electricity. Hibiki, the front-line guardians seem to be pushovers. She spoke as a ninja.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 46/64
    Chakra pool: 29/92
    Armour class: 28
    Ongoing effects: Medical Spark (0/14;D3)

Chakra Scalpel!
    Chakra scalpel: Form Chakra Scalpel in right hand.

Medical Spark!
    Perform (DC22): (1d20+16)[22]
    Chakra cost: 5
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-09 at 11:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Rin and Hibiki

All the shadows swarm forward on hands and feet. Their grasping smoky hands proving exceptionally slow to your chakra-enhanced muscles. Only one of Hibiki's three clones is touched, and that doesn't even cause the clone to poof.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Routine:
    Clone 1

Attack: (1d20)[15]
    Damage: 1
    Attack: (1d20)[1]

Clone 2

Attack: (1d20)[3]
    Attack: (1d20)[2]
    Attack: (1d20)[2]

Clone 3

Attack: (1d20)[16]
    Attack: (1d20)[19]

Turns until Sumie and Yuu arrive: 9

Key:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yellow Squares: Demons. 17 in total, just refer to the coordinates if you're going to attack, please.
    O=Orochimaru
    R=Rin
    H=Hibiki
    Steps: Difficult terrain.
    Doors: Provide cover. You can take full cover behind one as a full round action. Can be pushed with DC 10 Strength check. Success moves any creature on the other side back five-feet, deals 2d8+STR damage, and renders it prone.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-10 at 01:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Hibiki

Hibiki furrows his brow at the immensely weak attacks from these demon-like creatures. Would his father's sins be as simple as these shadows? His eyes scan around the dulled-colored grounds and at the humanoid beasts, his attention then looks back up at Rin. "Ninjas are never to be caught off-guard. These creatures have a unique ability for being so fragile." It was as if Hibiki's tone had taken a hint with the surrounding flora and became dry without motion.

Whatever had changed the young boy was lost as he stepped up to deliver his own form of attacks. Hibiki brought his hand that was surrounded by purplish chakra up eye-level and took a quick glance at both abominations in front of him. Deftly, the genin slashed his hand out against the demon his right. Whether the attack touched or passed through, Hibiki used the momentum from it and continued across to strike at the second.

The clones, in turn, formed chakra scalpels simultaneously took up wide stances as they unleashed their own attacks on their enemies. As if part of a synchronized dance the kage bunshins pushed their left hands out to create space while bringing their attacking hands back like they would drawing an arrow. At the exact time, each copy shot their hand forward at their targets.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit points:
    94/94 (-4)
    Armour Class: 20
    Ongoing effects: Kage Bunshin (2/600)

Five Foot Step!
    Five foot step to (13,19)

Touch Attacks!
    Full Attack Action

Attack #1 against (14,18): (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]

Attack #2 against (12,18): [1d20+4[/roll]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]

Kage Hibiki's
    Hit points: Various C1: 2; C2: 3; C3:1
    Armour Class: 15

Each:
    Chakra Scalpel!
    Move Action

Touch Attack!

#1 Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d4)[1]

#2 Attack: (1d20+5)[6]

#3 Attack: (1d20+5)[19]

C1 attacks (12,18) if Hibiki does not kill it, (11,18) if he does.
    C2 attacks (13,17)
    C3 attacks (14,18) if Hibiki does not kill it, (15,18) if he does.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-07-10 at 01:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Screw up on Hibiki's second attack:
    (1d20+4)[9]

26. - Top - End - #176

Rin

Rin hated to admit it but her training in the lower levels of ninjutsu was quite lacking. It wasn’t such a huge flaw; she just never bothered with some of the more basic ninjutsu when more rough and ready ones were there. It was a time of war and she often needed to use these techniques before she had finished learning them. It was yet another hole she’d have to fill; it left her without an easy way to dispatch these shadows quickly. We just want our things back, Hibiki. When we have them we leave. Rin wasn’t sure what Yakushi had against them but she didn’t want to make matter worse than they were. With a move and a thrust Rin attacked them.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ongoing effects: Medical Spark (1/14;D3)

Move!
    Move: 5ft.-step

Full-Attack Action!
    Attack one: (1d20+14)[34]
    Damage one: (1d4)[1]; Electricity - (1d6)[2]

Attack two: (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage two: (1d4)[3]; Electricity - (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-10 at 02:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

DM

With the introduction of your chakra scalpels to their shadowy insides each shadow suddenly explodes. It takes a few seconds to finish mopping them up, but killing the remaining shadows is not terribly hard. The girl just smiles and laughs. "I see you haven't lost your edge, little Rin-chan."

As you approach the temple, you sense the arrival of someone or something behind you. When you turn you see both Sumie and Yuu entering into the cavern hiding the temple. A head both double doors swing to and fro with a slight creak in their hinges.

Not even two seconds behind them is a white haired woman with the most vibrant red eyes you've ever seen. Her hair is parted to the left and tied into a ponytail that cascades down her chest. Her body is wrapped in a snow white kimono of the purest silk decorated at the legs and sleeves with red wolves dancing in the snow. An finely crafted obi is tied around her waist and secured with a jade pin. Her arms dangle freely at her sides with her hands hidden behind her kimono sleeves. "Orochim--Oh. You saw them. I came to warn you that two more were coming up the mountain but I guess that's irrelevant now, isn't it?"

The 'girl' looks toward the snow-white newcomer with disdain. "I expect more work from the mercenaries I hire, Hime of the Garou Clan. Do you intend to--" "Ya-ya.. Hey, want me to kill them so we can get off this mountain? This place creeps me out."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-10 at 08:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Rin

Rin responded to the comment as jounin often respond to threats on their life given by unknown people. Might I give a suggestion? Rin inquired with a sickly sweet smile mocking those of Orochimaru. Don’t, you’ll live a longer and healthier life. Trust me, I’m a doctor. With her one and only warning to the girl mercenary given she turned her attention to her two other wards. You two- It was then her supernatural vision registered a lack of something that should have been there. A lack of Yuu’s missing arm. You’ve got your arm back? What happened?” Rin’s voice wavered as she began to make a dreadful connection between her genin’s new arm and the sudden shift in the temple’s atmosphere. Oh, ****.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ongoing effects: none

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

"Or what? The big bad Chimera will lock me away in a genjutsu? Ha. I bet a warrior whose killed as many ninja as you have has a particularly tasty heart. I wouldn't mind--" "Our fight isn't with them. I just want what's in the temple, nothing more and nothing less. Until I give you the order to kill them I want you to sit there like a little school girl and keep your mouth shut, got it?" The obviously annoyed woman opens her mouth to speak, but then the dark-haired girl just raises an eyebrow. The white-robed woman closes her mouth and grumbles while the dark-haired girl turns back to the group.

"I'm afraid I'll be forced to act now. Please stand aside as the Yakushi and I have things to discuss."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu is slightly out of breath as he climbs the steps to the temple. Clearly the strain caused by attaching this new...arm to him took quite a bit out. Such a climb normally would barely register. He noted the change in the mood of the area without a great deal of surprise. The two newcomers, on the other hand...how did that woman get behind him without him noticing? And there was that other one...something about her made his skin crawl, and a twinge of fear shot through his stomach.

"why is it always someone trying to kill us?"

When he hears Rin-sensei's question, he looks evasive.

"That's...a long story. I'm still not really sure what happened, sensei. But I'd kind of like to get off this mountain fairly quickly."
    My Blog Thing