New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rin: The Sword of the Valiant

Rin

Rin’s iris’s swirled around their respective pupil’s. A blood red colouring filtered in, followed by black and then as the mix slowed her perfectly formed sharingan showed through. This woman standing before him holds a direct link of blood to the two Uchiha that had caused him incredible pain and for a moment their three faces blurred together. Despite the age gap and the gender difference the likeness is uncanny between Rin and her father. I don’t care too much about you just talking to him. However, you being you, Orochimaru, I doubt you just want to talk with him. I’m nowhere near strong enough to stop you if you want to go in, but I’ve got to make the effort. I’d hate myself.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 46/64
    Chakra pool: 29/92
    Armour class: 28
    Ongoing effects: none

Sharingan Eye!
    Attack action: Activate the Sharingan Eye

See Chakra!
    Move action: Activate see chakra
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The girl smiled a smile just a little too wide. "I have simply a.. proposal to make. An exchange. For him to heal my body and for me to rid him of these.. Nuisances. Surely you can't mean to bar my decidedly peaceful and non-violent passage?" The woman known as Hime of the Garou Clan just huffs at that.

3. - Top - End - #183

Rin

Rin smiled broadly making sure he eyes stayed wide open part to keep Orochimaru in her sight, but mostly so she could annoy him. She figured she was alive by his whim anyway so she should at least enjoy it while she can. Oyo~, if you just said that then I’d have had no problem. Sure, go ahead and talk to him. I’ll be right beside you, waiting to see that face when he tells you ‘no’. She smiled even broader; if the Yakushi was anything like the Buddha of Healing then he would reject such a choice. Even so Rin wished that he would say ‘yes’ since it would likely be her standing between them when things go bad. Why me, she thought.

Without waiting for him to answer or to even acknowledge her she turned her enhanced senses to her genin and chuunin chores. You two, here, now and tell me just what the hell is that arm. She had felt that arm and now saw that arm. It was a wrong thing in such a way as to defy her quantification, but she still knew that his new arm was a wrong thing. She felt the little happiness for her genin’s revitalization slip as she began to turn the implications over in her head. Still though she tried to see the bright side: He had an arm, he wouldn’t feel useless and maybe she could in some way help him mitigate that Arm’s wrongness, maybe.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 29/92
    Armour class: 28
    Ongoing effects: none

Sharingan Eye!
    Attack action: Activate the Sharingan Eye

See Chakra!
    Move action: Activate see chakra

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Oh, this is not gonna end well. Sensei's going to explode.

Yuu walked over to his sensei and stood next to her, rather nervously.

"Well, here's the short form. Um...we were out hunting those beasts, like we planned, and we got trapped by a pair of 'em. Sumie-san tried talking with them, and...apparently cut a deal for my arm. I..well...I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were saying. And, so she asks for my sword, saying something about "an act of goodwill"...and...well...she, um...stabbed herself through the chest."

He tossed a look up at Sumie, still wondering how in blazes she survived that.

"Well, after that, there was an earthquake and one of the beasts looked like it died...after that everything's kind of a blur, but I remember touching the corpse, and then a lot of pain, and, when I came to, well...there was this arm."

He doesn't mention the arm's obvious evil, nor the voices he had heard. They already had one crazy guy on their team, and those were something he'd have to deal with on his own.

"That's really it, I swear. please don't hurt me."
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

By the time that Yuu and her had finally returned to the temple, Sumie's condition had improved...well...amazingly. And inexplicably. The blood flow had all but stopped, insuring the scarlet trail that she had left behind stopped about the same time they got back to the temple. She'd even straightened up and aside from panting and wiping trickles of blood from the corner of her mouth now and then seemed to be fine.

Sumie wasn't though, she could still feel the damage to her heart even now and knew it needed treatment right away. It was a constant stabbing pain that made her wince...

And when the snow white stranger came up unexpectedly from behind her, that was what she blamed her lack of awareness on. Eyes widened in surprise then narrowed with laser-like intensity on the one who had followed them. And the 'girl' she had spoken too.

Orochimaru!

Sumie's lip curled in a brief snarl and it took a moment for her calm to re-assert itself and stopping her from committing what she knew would be a suicidal rush. Instead she walked over towards Rin with as much dignity as she could muster.

"I have ripped several muscles in my heart. I would like some medical attention." She requests stiffly, having 'accidentally' interposed herself between Rin and the snake-man. Then, in a soft voice, she continued so hopefully only the jounin could hear her. "I negotiated with one of the stone wolves and their leader, something called the Stone King, for one of them to come back to the Yakushi willing for Yuu-sama's purposes. I've fulfilled one of the three prices I need to return to the Stone King but Yuu-sama has his arm back. The mission was successfully completed and the chakra wolf became Yuu's arm."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The girl steps forward toward Team Rin and the temple behind them. The white-robed woman moves to follow, but is quickly stopped by a glance over the dark-haired girl's shoulder.She only clicked her tongue in response and crossed her arms over her chest. "Bastard."

The girl is strangely quiet in her steps, and unless stopped she walks around Team Rin, up the stairs to the temple proper and stopped just in front of the door. She extends the index and middle finger of her right hand then raises her hand to her heart. "Shunshin no Jutsu." A whirl of wind encompasses the girl and she disappears only to reappear in the hallway leading north. She turns around and seems to wait for Rin, almost as if she was going to honor their bargain. Then just waves her left hand like someone throwing away trash. "Kill them, Garouhime. I'll be back soon."

A wide grin spread across the white-robed woman's lips. "Kill 'em he says! Ha! I knew there was some kind of monster in that little girl exterior of his. But damn. Just up and used and thrown away. Makes ya feel kind of bad, huh? No matter. I'll make my self feel better with your flesh." She forms Hibiki's memorial T with her fingers. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!"

Five white-robed women stand in a plus sign formation. The classic genin defensive position. It's obvious to every ninja there that she's not any good at defending. "Lets be sure to get this overwith quickly, ne?"

OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Damage Dealt:
    1- (1d4+1)[5]
    2- (1d4+1)[5]
    3- (1d4+1)[2]
    4- (1d4+1)[2]
    5- (1d4+1)[2]

Initiative: I'll let Team Rin use Rin's old initiative or roll a new one if they want. Garouhime is going on 29. Either way, her surprise round is to use Kage Bunshin.

Key:
    O=Orochimaru
    R=Rin
    H=Hibiki
    C=Clones
    S=Sumie
    Y=Yuu
    G=Garouhime
    Steps: Difficult terrain.
    Doors: Provide cover. You can take full cover behind one as a full round action. Can be pushed with DC 10 Strength check. Success moves any creature on the other side back five-feet, deals 2d8+STR damage, and renders it prone.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-10 at 11:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"Orders, sensei?"

Yuu, despite whatever demonic energies that now swirled within his new arm, was at least glad that he could perform handseals again.

His hands flickered through the motions for the jutsu he had learned with the Inuzuka clan a while back. As he finished, he dropped to all fours, his features becoming more animalistic as his nails and teeth lengthened. He took up a defensive stance, relaxing his body as he felt the unconscious restraints releasing. Behind the screen of Hibiki's clones, Kuromaru growled at this new threat and crouched, readying himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Nagase Yuu- HP 79/79 CP 36/40
    AC 21 vs. Main wolf-woman, 20 vs. Clones.

Initiative- (1d20+1)[8]

Perform- Shikakyu no Jutsu!- DC 16 (1d20+13)[26]
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-07-10 at 10:31 PM.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

8. - Top - End - #188

Rin

With a sudden shock of air pressure Rin released the restraints on her body. She figured she could hold out long enough, she just hoped long enough was enough for her genin. You three go and find Orochimaru. Hibiki, get a clone to bring me my Scroll of Seals and my Belt Pouch. Sumie, you are in charge and I expect you to do the right thing. Yuu, do not overuse that arm, it is wrong. Rin did not sound like she was in any mood to be trifled with. Her red eyes locked tight around the group of shadow clones she didn’t budge an inch. I have faith in you three. I’ll come find you when I have dealt with Mrs. Garouhime Sow.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 26/92
    Armour class: 33
    Ongoing effects: Sharingan Eye (1/1), Speed Rank Five (1/1)

Ready Action!
    Readied action: If Garouhime or her clones move to attack her genin, kawarimi into the way.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

The middle woman just shrugs. "I don't care. He's already paid me, so why should I interfere with a bunch of tadpoles? No, I want to spear the big momma frog instead. But she looks so beat up.. And that's lame, ne?" She reaches down the front of her kimono and pulls a thin glass vial with green liquid inside from within her cleavage. "A chakra amp potion. I know you're a medical ninja, so your physical injuries should be readily healed, ne?" A flick of the wrist sends that glass vial toward Rin. "Go ahead, I'll wait until it's finished."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rin gains some craps(Chakra Restoration Amplifier Potion, Supreme). It works as per a normal CRAP, but functions for 2d4+2 rounds and regenerates 4 chakra/round as per greater CRAP.

10. - Top - End - #190

Rin

With an incredible flash of speed none of the assembled genin or chuunin had yet seen her display Rin grabbed the vial. In her tight grip for a passing moment it seemed as if she would crush the glass, however after a moment of examination Rin instead choose to indulge her hubris. You’ll regret giving me an extra edge. She swallowed the potion without her eyes removing themselves from the clones and the real Garouhime. Rin sighed as she felt her reserves of chakra rocket upward. You three have your order, so get on with them! You’ll be nothing but a hindrance to me here. Rin knew if any of them stayed she would end up protecting them too. Go on you three. Now!

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 54/92
    Armour class: 33
    Ongoing effects: Speed Rank Five (1/1)

Move Action!
    Grab CRAP, Supreme.

Move Action!
    Drink CRAP, Supreme.
    Duration: (2d6+2)[9] 7

Free Action!
    Suppress her Sharingan Eye.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-11 at 02:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Sumie

The order to kill didn't come as a surprise to Sumie, how could she have expected anything different from the slime known as Orochimaru? No, she just gritted her teeth with pain and gave a terse nod to the Chimera.

"Understood." Sumie says as the jounin gave her the orders, a brief flash of annoyance before her body flickered and vanished from that spot with speed that was impossible to follow with un-augmented eye. She reappeared by the golden statue, crouching down and sprinting around the shadow towards the almost oily presence that was on the other side. As she rounded the Buddha statue and caught sight of Orochimaru, the girl takes off towards him as chakra floods through her body and weights fall off of her ankles to the ground with a ear-rumbling clang.

But she stops before reaching him, keeping some distance between the two since Orochimaru's tricks were practically legendary. If it came down to a fight then Sumie knew she would lose, but hopefully just following him wouldn't be too taxing on her heart as it was right now. "Come on! We have to follow him."

Spoiler
    Show

Shundou: (1d20+21)[31]

to 12,7

then move action to 12,4.

Activating 3rd Speed Rank
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2009-07-11 at 01:55 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #192

Hibiki

The clone in front of Rin turns around and nods at her command, "I'll retrieve your equipment, the real me and the other kage bunshin will chase after Orochimaru." Weird. When did the Uchiha ever expect one of Hibiki's replicas to preserve the original's personality? As the clone said that, the other ran pass it and up the stairs with Hibiki following close behind it. The pair followed Sumie who had disappeared into the temple via Shundou.

The previous clone who was assigned to grab Rin's scroll of seals and belt pouch lagged behind the others and entered the temple proper. The final Hibiki takes a spot on the stairs and watches Rin from behind, "Rin-sensei, I know it's not the most appropriate time to ask this, but is it possible for me to watch? I haven't seen anyone besides myself use Kage Bunshin, and what better time to watch than in a real fight?" Depending on Rin's answer, the bunshin stays put ready to study the fight between the two Jounins.

Inside the temple proper, Hibiki and his untouched kage bunshin stand less than ten yards from Orochimaru. None of them say any words, and they wait for Sumie's command. The other clone searches the fuutons for Rin's belongings and finds everything he was ordered to find, but he also spots Rin's light vest. Not wanting to have his sensei fight any less than her best, he grabs the vest as well.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit points:
    94/94 (-4)
    Chakra pool: 72/78
    Armour Class: 20
    Ongoing effects: Kage Bunshin (3/600)

Full-Round Action
    Double Move!
    Move to (13,5)

Kage Hibiki's
    Hit points: Various C1: 2; C2: 3; C3:1
    Armour Class: 15

C1
    Move Action
    Move!
    Move to Rin's gear, comes back if it can this round.

C2:
    Full-Round Action
    Double Move!
    Move to (11,5)

C3:
    Move Action
    Move and Sit!
    Move to (11,13)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

"Understood, Sensei."

Yuu dashed up the steps of the temple, Kuromaru hot on his heels. Normally he'd have drawn his sword and charged- his more bestial form giving him an edge, but watching Sumie's caution gave him pause, and he stopped just behind her, sword drawn and at the ready as he watched his enemy for any sudden movements or attacks.

"Anything we should know about this girl? If sensei was nervous about taking her on I can't see how we could."

Spoiler
    Show

Nagase Yuu- HP 79/79 CP 36/40
    AC 21 vs. Orochimaru

Ongoing effects- Shikakyu no jutsu round 1/9
    Speed rank 2 round 2/5

Double move to 11, 6, draw sword as part of move action. Kuromaru at 11, 7
    My Blog Thing

14. - Top - End - #194

Rin

With a flicker of her eyelids her sharingan had vanished. Rin intended to conserve strength as she slipped, clicked and shoved her gear into their places. “Thank you, Hibiki.” She said as she made the final checks to the straps and buttons that held her things in proper places. Yes. She said bluntly as the genin made his case. I’ll give you a one-on-one tutor session on shadow clone use after this is over. The truth she didn’t speak was she intended to use several techniques that constituted a war crime. Without more words she clapped her hands together but did not close her eyes. A faint green glow outlined her and she stood without motion, the highly refined manipulation rendering the task insignificant.

Her wounds clearly visible through the patched together remnants of her once proud clothes, the genin behind her clearly seeing the deep lesions on her body boiled away. The thought occurs to the cloned genin that Rin might have done this at any time and was not as previously thought incapacitated. To another jounin the thought would occur that such time away from her would breed independence and through such create stronger genin. Pulling her praying hands apart with a crackle of healing chakra Rin pulled her right hand up to form another seal. Release. She said in a formal tone. In an instant her trademark metal gauntlets appeared and in that instant it seemed as if her chakra scalpel flared. One, two, three.

Rin spoke some count up to an unheard beat but then with a flicker of her eyelids her sharingan swirled into existence and with another blast of blistering air she released the anchor weighing on her body. Rin seemed more jovial as she stood and stared with calculating red eyes. You don’t mind my genin’s shadow clone? If you win he’s sure to come seeking revenge, after he grows stronger of course. Rin justified letting the genin attend the event to the newest addition to a growing list of people that try to murder her. I have the worst luck, she thought. It’s like these kids suck up all my good karma. She sighed with a heavy look on her face. Ready or not?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 64/64
    Chakra pool: 59/92
    Armour class: 38 (39 versus Garouhime; 40 versus Garouhime in melee)
    Ongoing effects: Sharingan Eye (1/1) and Rank Five Speed (1/1)

Set-up Actions:

Full-Round Action!
    Suppress Speed

Move Action!
    Don Ninja Vest.

Move Action!
    Don belt pouch.

Move Action!
    Store Scroll of Seals.

Drink CRAP, Greater(Move Action)!
    Duration: (1d4)[1]

Healing - Third Rank (Three Rounds)!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of ease I assume average hit points healed. Three rounds would heal 22.5hp, more than enough.
    Perform (DC25): (1d20+23)[27]
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Covert Cost (DC28): (1d20+24)[41]
    It's amazing to note: Converting the chakra cost to stamina in this way is amazingly good. I heal 12 stamina over those three rounds which covers up my cost nicely.

Seal Release!
    Perform (DC18): (1d20+20)[35]
    Chakra Gauntlets

Sharingan Eye!
    Activate the Sharingan Eye

Release Restraints!
    Activate Speed Rank Five

Declare!
    Declare dodge against the real Garouhime
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-11 at 04:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

As Rin and her genin move around the central Garouhime just stands there. The other four spread out a little and meander around. Two of them play a short game of Cat's Cradle with kousen, one plays with a yo-yo and the other just sits and stares at the sky inside the cave. As Rin's chakra regenerates the center white-robed woman raises her right hand to her face and cups her chin lightly in an open palm. A weak but steadily growing tint of pink blush spreads across her cheeks and nose, and by the time Rin's ready to fight her face is that of a high school girl staring at a crush.

A grin, far too wide for normal people, spreads across the left side of her mouth when Rin asks for her genin to stay. "I don't care Chimera-chan. His heart doesn't have the same smell, so I'll be sure to kill him after I've made a meal of yours. Maybe he'll become cruel afterward.. Ooh, I might get two for one out of this!" At that, nearly her entire face becomes a deep crimson as her eyes glaze over and she imagines something invisible to you all.

Finally she shakes her head then motions for her kage bunshins to knock it off. Her hands clasps together and she sighs a very girlish sigh. "Oh.. I haven't smelled a heart this cruel in a long time.. I hope you give me an enjoyable battle too, or I won't be in the mood afterwards~!"

Spoiler
    Show

Key: Same as before.

Damage Dealt: 11.

Rin goes first.

Genin

The girl just kept walking. She ignored the genin and ignored the jounin behind them. After a bit of walking she raises her right hand and disappears in a whirl of wind from a Shunjutsu. She reappears further ahead in the middle of a wide opening for the temple. A smile creeps across her lips. "I guess you're going to follow me for awhile then, hmm? Listen, I'll give you a shot. Turn around and go home. Or go help your sensei. Or do whatever you want, frankly I don't care. Just don't follow me."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-11 at 07:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Mysterious Woman

As the white-robed woman and her now-healed challenger square off, soft footfalls could be head by those with sharp ears, the scrape of sandals on stone echoing a slow and indolent gait. A figure emerges from the mouth of the tunnel complex facing the temple, crossing the grass to where the jounin and her adversary now stand.

Her body is thin, frail-looking and the girl wears the tattered raiment of a genin scout, torn at the hip to free her legs. Tied around one thigh is the familiar cloth of a forehead protector, though the metal plate is marred by a large burn, brown around the edges, so the village symbol underneath is unreadable. Hair the color of dry grass brushes her shoulders, framing a girl's tired face. A whisper of wind sweeps her loose bangs in front of homely brown eyes that survey the two women with unaffected curiosity, as a cat would examine a stranger.

Her voice is a soft drawl, syllables slowing susurrating from thin lips. "Hime no Garoubatsu. Orochimaru. And the last daughter of the Uchiha. Many powers gathered here."

The girl's eyes drift past the white-robed clones, up the temple steps and beyond, to where the three genin and Orochimaru had disappeared. She seems to look beyond what can be seen from the temple's foot, eyes seeming to glaze over, if only for a moment. "And beyond that hall..." she muses aloud, "lies another."

She merges back with her surroundings as if waking from a reverie, and addresses both the jounin and her adversary with a single half-lidded glance, approaching with a step.

"I have no quarrel with you. Allow me to pass."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Catch; 2009-07-12 at 01:57 AM.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

17. - Top - End - #197

Rin

The dry grass topped girl took her newest dead beat step and in response Rin pushed her sharingan’s bitter gaze further. The chimera of change came across her for a moment before things resettled and her eyes remained the same. Over her usual sight though lay the flows of chakra in capricious vividness. You’ll get no opposition from me, girl. Rin had again turned her attention to the authentic Garouhime but from the quality and approach she spoke in it was obvious who she had spoken.

With a flicker she shook off imagined dust from her right gauntlet. The burden and impediment they gave made seals harder to perform but with practice they proved to be a little barrier. You’ll really regret that edge.

Now the medical jounin spoke to her antagonist before her. Her manner and method of speaking making the antagonistic nature of her state very unambiguous and hopefully insulting. With a simple mote of focus she cast a simple genjutsu. Without trouble or obstacle the master of genjutsu ran through several dozen seals, the skill and speed making whatever technique she was completing indecipherable. The subtle and unchallenging genjutsu provided this cover to her technique as she stepped back. Ding, ding.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 64/64 (-5)
    Chakra pool: 59/92

See Chakra!
    Concentrate for a move action.

Hand Motion Confusion
    Perform (DC15): Genjutsu - (1d20+23)[39]
    Chakra Cost: 1
    Convert (DC13): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[42]
    Conceal (DC23): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[33]

Free Action!
    5ft.-step

Grand Fireball!
    Perform (DC21): Ninjutsu - (1d20+21)[23]
    Chakra Cost: 4
    Convert (DC21): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[43]
    Conceal (DC27): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[34]
    Save DC: 15
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-12 at 07:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

"Who the..? Ugh, what-ever. Your heart smells like trash, so I don't give a damn. Just get out of here." A sudden rush of flame causes the woman to explode into a burst of smoke. The fifth clone, caught in the same burst, explodes as well. When the flames clear and the grass turned to dirt and ash there is only one white-robed woman left. She's utterly calm, complacent even, and holding a strangely made straight-edged bone-white sword without a hand-guard or hilt in her right hand. "No mercy, hm? Or you just used the fire to clear me out of my hiding spot. No matter.."

Suddenly, Rin is face to face with Garouhime. No blur, no movement, not even her Sharingan sees the woman move. Not simply super speed, but close-range instantaneous teleportation utilized for battle and she pulls it off flawlessly.. Rin doesn't have time to analyze it as that strange bone-white weapon lashes out with a sudden strike aimed at the jounin's sensitive, but non-vital, arms. She misses wide though as Rin jerks her arms back close to her body.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    True Blinkstrike!
    Charge!
    Attack #1- (1d20+30)[31]; PA for 2.
    Damage #1- (1d6+18)[21] chakra-enhanced piercing + (3d6)[13] Warp Charge damage

Declares Dodge on Rin.

EDIT: Forgot, but damage dealt so far is still 11. She succeeds on her ref save on Goukakyuu and Evasion reduces her damage to 0.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-13 at 06:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Rin

Without time to do anything but react Rin darted her body around the ghost-like projections her battle formed mind created through her sharingan. The deep gash that would have been driven into her arm instead leered at her from the floor. Without hesitation Rin initiated her counter-attack with the blue blade of chakra formed around her hand.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 57/92

Attack of Opportunity!
    Attack: Melee Touch Attack - (1d20+21)[40]
    Damage: Lethal - (1d4+3)[7]

20. - Top - End - #200

Rin

Rin’s body jerked back up the steps as if yanked by unseen strings. She hadn’t the time in the milliseconds Garouhime’s attack took to finish to think about it. The deep gash in the steps showed the penalty she would earn if she was hit. Gnashing her teeth together she made the choice to take her time and examine her attack in her mind.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 57/92

Free Action!
    5ft.-step.

Move Action!
    Think deeply.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-12 at 09:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Rin

A femur? You really need to update, dark iron is so much more reliable. Rin again devoted the least of her motes of concentration to casting the simplest of genjutsu on herself, hidden from view by her mastery of her chakra and her mastery of genjutsu. With a one-sided toothy grin Rin slipped through another several dozen seals in meagre seconds. This time instead of a sharp intake of breath she instead locked eyes with her opponent as she slammed the final seal together. Ding.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 64/64 (-6)
    Chakra pool: 51/92

Hand Motion Confusion!
    Perform (DC21): Genjutsu - (1d20+23)[38]
    Convert (DC13): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[26]
    Conceal (DC23): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[41]

Tree Binding Death!
    Perform (DC15): Genjutsu - (1d20+23)[34]
    Chakra Cost: 6
    Save DC: 21
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-12 at 09:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Clones

As soon as Rin starts her hand seals all three clones quickly pull and fling a single kunai a piece.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action against technique use:
    Clone #1
    Attack- (1d20+27)[47]
    Damage- (1d4+8)[10]

Clone #2
    Attack- (1d20+27)[47]
    Damage- (1d4+8)[12]

Clone #3
    Attack- (1d20+27)[36]
    Damage- (1d4+8)[12]

EDIT: Well that's two hits and a miss. Rin will need a Concentration check at DC 10+Damage Dealt for every hit.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-07-12 at 10:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Rin

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit points: 46/64 (-14)
    Chakra pool: 43/92

Body Substitution!
    Perform (DC52): Ninjutsu - (1d20+38)[45]
    Chakra Cost: 8

Body Substitution!
    Perform (DC52): Ninjutsu - (1d20+38)[39]; Action Point - (2d6b1)[3]
    Chakra Cost: 8
    Covert (DC19): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[37]

Please, please and please!
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-12 at 11:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

"But I do love my little bone. He's kept me warm on cold nights and is quite fun to chew on." With that the woman steps forward and lashes out twice with her bone-sword.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack!
    Attack- (1d20+28)[43]
    Damage- (1d6+13)[18]

Attack#2- (1d20+23)[24]
    Damage#2- (1d6+13)[15]

25. - Top - End - #205

Rin

Rin flashed through the seals as quickly as she could but they flew upon the wings of death as they came. Another moment in time was defined by pain as they tore through her body. A faint blue outline focused upon the entry point did what it could. It wasn’t enough. The blood-ridden throwing knives flew past the shadow clone with a trail of blood in quick pursuit. The hot sanguine liquid that had been tore free behind her hit her genin, the flow from the wounds themselves already slowing and the small stream from her mouth was gone. Fu-.

Rin barely had time to bleed as Garouhime stepped forward to attack again. Rin smiled.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 37/92

Body Substitution!
    Perform (DC43): Ninjutsu - (1d20+30)[43]; Action Point - (2d6b1)[6]

26. - Top - End - #206

Rin

This time Rin flashed through the seals fast enough and appeared as far back away from her genin’s clone as she could with the technique. It just occurred to me that you might be wasting your time. Rin still smiled. Since I adopted Hibiki, I promised myself I’d be a good person. So I'm trying really hard not to kill.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 37/92

Ready Action!
    Kawarimi if Garouhime or her clones attack.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

"Wasting my time? I'm not here to get killed. I'm here for all the beautiful hearts in Kirigakure. You just happened to have the most beautiful one around. I can't wait to bite into it and experience all that blood you've spilled~!" With that, the clones move closer while Garouhime swings at Rin.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show

Key: Same as before.

Attack- (1d20+28)[39]
    Damage- (1d6+13)[15]

28. - Top - End - #208

Mysterious Woman

As the predatory princess and the Uchiha jounin clashed on the steps of the temple, brown waifish eyes followed their swift, violent and frantic movements, staring out of a head half-cocked in a fleeting moment of curiosity, as a child would examine the fluttering path of a butterfly. She hadn't leapt back when the burning plume of flame seared the grass before her, and now she padded quietly between the white haired clones, to wait at the foot of the temple where the two adversaries blocked the path, herself the model of unconcerned patience, despite the apparent tension.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

29. - Top - End - #209

Rin

As Garouhime moved in again to attack Rin began to form seals with her hands. However the attack aimed at Rin missed and the clone just stared for a second before it burst into white smoke. A stone frog falling and cracking against the floor, the real Rin had moved over to the side, she looked a little sheepish. I didn’t expect you’d miss, wow. With a shrug of her shoulders she again drew a sharp intake of breath as her hand formed a single seal.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra pool: 30/92

Ready Action to 9, 14!
    Perform (DC12): Ninjutsu - (1d20+18)[33]

Grand Fireball!
    Perform (DC16): Ninjutsu - (1d20+21)[36]
    Conceal (DC27): Chakra Control - (1d20+24)[36]
    Save DC: 15
    Angled toward Garouhime's clones, avoiding Catch.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Garouhime

The wolf princess only smiles. "Trying to limit my options huh? Well it doesn't matter! Even if it's just me I'll make sure that I'm the one who gets to kill you!" Her strong muscles tense and she leaps into the air. She easily clears the distance, spins in mid-air and slashes at the jounin with one quick cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    G1 and G3 fail their saves, exploding. G4 succeeds and takes no damage due to evasion.

Convert Blinkstrike.

Attack #1- (1d20+30)[42]
    Damage #1- (1d6+13)[16]