Default Black Jewels Campaign In-Character

Ebon Askavi
    Askavi, Kaeleer
    Evening

The Keep.

The Black Mountain.

Ebon Askavi.

The Sanctuary of Witch.

In fifty thousand years, the ancient fortress built in and upon the mountain at the heart of all three Realms had never behaved like this, reflected Saetan Daemon SaDiablo, called by some the Prince of the Darkness, by some the High Priest of the Hourglass, and by some the High Lord of Hell.

And once, by a woman whose name he refused to speak, husband. That however, was before he recieved his third son.

In a box.

In pieces.

Mentally shoving himself off of that thought track before it consumed him, Saetan considered the strange circumstances he found himself in. The High Lord had seen a very great deal of life, followed by an even greater deal of half-life, but he was at a loss to explain why the wind running through the spires of the Keep seemed to be whispering something in a joyous, exultant tone. Or why the oldest demon-dead, the ones who had been in Hell for tens of thousands of years, who usually vaciliated between apathy and dejection, had visited SaDiablo Hall in Hell to tell him that something was... different, better, in the Realms.

Nor could he explain why he himself, the being most aware of the horrifying manipulation of Blood Law and Protocol in the Bright Realm, found himself awaking each day with a feeling he hadn't felt in millenia.

Optimism.

Still, as the High Priest of the Hourglass, he knew enough about the Darkness to realize that unexplained feelings were usually worth heeding. Perhaps it was finally time to see about some retribution.

The High Lord of Hell has waited fifty thousand years for vengeance. If revenge was best served cold, his would be an ice storm out of a clear sky.

Later that night, he sent the letters.

It is not every day that one recieves a letter from a childhood story. It is not every day that one recieves a letter from the most terrifying man in history.

Strangely enough, both of these things happened to you today. A letter on heavy, almost archaic paper, sealed with black wax and a stylized "SD" - Specifically, an invitation to a meeting at SaDialbo Hall in Kaeleer, transportation to be provided.
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Black Jewels Campaign In-Character

Marth
    Marth reads the invitation over a couple of times, thinking to himself about it. "Well, an evening with the High Priest of the Hourglass. I'm curious, maybe my lady will give me leave for this night." He stands up from where he is sitting and stares out the window at the city he has lived in his entire life."I wonder what tonight holds there."
    Last edited by Zipding; 2009-09-03 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Best comment I've heard in a D&D game:

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

"I JUST POWERBOMBED AYN RAND!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark sweeps back into the castle from the cold outside. Not in the best of moods, he gets a smirk of satisfaction from the tinge of fear he sees on the guard's face, and a faint laugh echoes across the mental link between he and the blood red jewel at his neck. When in the city, he's careful to keep his arm hidden, and when he does, he's just another 16 year old kid, just another face in the crowd. Here, in the castle of the good Lady Mythlye, people know who he is, know what he can do. As he walks into the inner courtyard, a courtier rushes up to him, bearing in his hands a letter of ancient looking parchment.

A wave of shock flows across the link as does an image of the black wax seal on the letter. Looking more closely now at the seal, Ark can tell it bears the letters SD. The man presents him the letter (which Ark can now also see is addressed to him), and then recoils slightly as Ark reaches for it with his damaged hand. The skin gone, all that remain of Ark's right hand are the gaunt grey musculature and bone structure. His annoyance flaring he snatches the letter from the courtier and self-consciously turns away as he splits the seal and reads the letters contents.

After the first time reading it, he finds a bench to sit down on before reading it twice more. Shock and awe emanate from his jewel. Noticing for the first time now that several of the guards are watching him, he quickly dismisses the letter into his psychic cupboard, before rising and striding off towards the throne room.

As he approaches the throne-room's back entrance, he whispers a few words, and the rough town clothes and leather jacket he was wearing swirl out of existence, replaced with formal robes. Arriving, he pushes through the curtained opening into the room beyond.

OOC:

If the queen is there, he approaches, if not, he keeps looking for her, asking servants etc. if necessary...
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2009-08-30 at 10:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Copper reads the letter once and puts it into a pocket. He mumbles to himself, "People keep saying I should be more sociable. I hope this does not turn out to be too much of an ordeal." He looks at his bow resting against the wall.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Daros stood fast in front of the Queen in her chambers as she read the letter silently. Unbelieving, she read it again. Then, after carefully arranging her face to better mirror her personality (which was of dubious kindness), she quickly explained Daros that he was to pack as hastily as possible and leave for a mission of great importance. He was to go to SaDiablo Hall in Kaeleer and (did he hear that right?) assist the High Lord of Hell in a task.

He was, of course, dismissed before he could even ask a question, so he left the secretly fuming Queen in the chamber and quickly made his way to his own room (which wouldn't even make justice to the word "spartan"), where he packed his few belongings and readied himself for the transportation to be provided.

Just another mission? Or did her Queen finally ran out of mercy and sent him to his death? He fooled around with these thoughts for a second or two, but found out that he really didn't care. He would see what is going to happen soon anyway.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2009-08-30 at 11:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Solomon

A sonorous laugh of a young lad was hardly the expected reaction when the boss of Hell sends you an invitation, but Solomon was prepared for this eventuality. The strange 'guest' of the Lady Mythlye had assure her that such an invitation would arrive days after he first appeared, and even now, Solomon Skyes (as he refers to himself in the third person) wings his way through her court. At least he's had the decency to use the windows and now just fly through ill-fitting hallways.

In fact he's perched in a window currently, looking for the Lady in the room below. His black hawk wings fold up behind him, the youth giving a slight smirk. It is as Solomon expected, Mythlye, we've been invited formally..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel

The man's heart began to beat faster as he read over the letter. Never, never had he heard of such a meeting ever taking place with the High Lord. He carefully examined the paper, the seal, looking for cues of a forgery. There had to be a conspiracy afoot -- but he was well-versed in the intricacies of a good conspiracy, and this utterly confounded him. No, it was real. It had to be.

The human passed a hand through his jet black hair and looked around his chambers suspiciously. Obviously no one was there, or else he would've picked them up with his mindsight. And still he was uneasy. SaDiablo was no ordinary noble chump. Javarel wouldn't dare try to deceive a man he knew could wipe his very existence away with a simple hand gesture. He'd have to go there, naked without his social powers to protect him.

To his surprise, Javarel began to grin. Then he laughed. He had no control of the situation and he might as well accept it. Hell, things might turn out in his favor in the end. He threw on his wealthy attire and exited his chamber, moving purposefully to the queen's. He'll tell his toy of his unexpected absence, and then it's off to destiny.
    Last edited by Delandel; 2009-08-31 at 06:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

Sat laboriously in her throne Mythlye just thought to herself, this is just going to be one of those days.

Not that, anyone looking at her would be caught by how she was sat, or more to the point, would they? With long locks of Platinum Blonde hair fallig down around her shoulders, it was a surprise anyone could keep their eyes off of her face. Especially with those electric blue eyes staring out at them, with a small pink and green stone rotating in a lazy circle around her head.

This was not all though, she had a voluptulous hourglass shaped body, with just the right amount of Flesh shown at just the right parts. Not so much that anyone would call her a hussy, had they dared, but enough so that males would imagine and imagine quite freely.

Yet amongst all of her physical beauty it was the sheer power that she exuded which drew people inexorably towards her, especially with the darkest jewel on a fine chain around her neck that anyone had seen in a long time, it was not quite black, but it was Gray.

Standing in the background slightly behind the thronw was a rangy fellow, stood at about 5 foot 8, she whispered something to him as the winged Eryian came swooping into her throneroom.

"Well Kadyn, keep an eye on Solomon I bet you he too got that invite."

As the man starts to talk Mythlye, cuts him off mid-sentance

"Be it that you are a guest here Solomon, it is still LADY Mythlye to you."

Then as her throne room doors slam open again she lets out an over-exaggerated gasp,

"Its like a free-for all circus in here!"

Then her face and voice softens as she see's that the young lad walking in is Ark.

"I presume you too have the letter Ark? Well then, let us four retire, I need to make sure everything is in order before we set off, after all we don't want him thinking we will rush to his beck and call instantly, now then. Do we?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn nods in agreement with his Queen when she whispers to him. She's more than he ever expected, and his protective instincts come out strong when the Eyrien comes blasting in and then Ark barges in. He takes a step forward and crosses his arms across his chest as she takes Solomon to task.

He looks forbidding in his Queen's colors with his red jewel on a chain around his neck. The other two will recognize that he's a warlord prince and not to be trifled with.

Kadyn respectfully responds, Yes Lady Mythlye, shall I alert your chamberlain that you'll need to see him?
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark bows quickly to the queen as he exits, murmuring, as you wish m'lady

Once clear of the throne-room, he resets his wardrobe to casual wear and makes for his small personal room. In truth he rarely uses the room itself, preferring to get up to the roof of the tower and sleep under the stars when the nights permit. He likes talking to the birds he finds up there. Animals are rarely as judging as humans can be (although, there was that mule with the attitude problem that once...). Stopping only momentarily in his room, he packs a small bag with the few non-work related items he owns as well as quill, ink and parchment, before throwing himself headlong from the open window.

Freefalling for nearly 6 seconds, he smiled more than he had in quite a while, before rocketing back upwards in a swirl of vague wings of silvery force, and eventually touching down lightly on the roof. Sitting in his favorite niche, he pulls out the quill and parchment, and begins to write a letter to his family. In it, he tells them that he will likely be out of the area for a while, but that he should be fine and they shouldn't worry if his letters stop for a little while. Followed of course by the customary hugs and kisses, etc. folding up the parchment, he searches the towers for a familiar hawk, before, in a series of what sound like sharp twittering chirps, asking it to deliver the letter to his family.

He stays up for a while longer, looking out at the surroundings, and watching the hawk as it disappears into the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    call of the beast provides "speak with animal", and wild empathy as a druid of my warlock level. I will make rolls if necessary, but i was sort of assuming that i already knew this particular bird so it was on good terms with me... i figured it would be interesting if i had animal friends but no normal friends... ah, the RP benefits of being an outcast
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2009-09-03 at 11:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

While preparing for his journey, Copper overhears that Lady Mythlye and others in her courts are making the same journey. He brings with him everything that would seem appropriate to a military scout. Copper leaves his room and makes an exagerated sigh.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"Yes please Kaydn, and make sure everyone else is ready as well?"

With this she swept out of the room and made sure that her regant would be happy enough to rule whilst she was away.

With all the preparations made she dons her most expensive court robe filigreed through with gold inlay and small precious jewels twinkling like dark multiple stars.

Once everyone is ready she climbs into the carriage invites everyone else in and waits for the door to shut before she starts to speak again.

"Onward then."

"Well boys any thoughts on what he could possibly want with us? You think Dorothea is rearing her very ugly head again?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth waits outside of the Queen Mythlye's palace. He looks over at the Queen and bows before answering her question in a polite fashion.
    "That is possible, my Lady. However, my own Lady has sent me to accompany you on this endeaver." He looks at everyone else. "Well, I hope we can get along, dispite following different Queens."

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Solomon

"It is not Solomon's intent to insult or disrespect you, Lady Mythlye," our young fencer offers with a bow from his perch on the window, before he turns to seek his own gear for travel, I shall add Lady to your title but know that it was out of mutual respect I did not bind you with titles or courtly red tape but rather addressed you directly. Solomon has been away from any court for some time...

After loading his own storage with a few odds and ends, Solomon once again finds an annoying perch to sit on, or rather, finds a sitting perch to annoy from. In this case he's sitting cross legging atop the carriage, but in all fairness, you doubt he'd be able to fit his wings in without making everyone mad at him.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn follows after his Queen a few moments later and heads off in a different direction. He contacts the chamberlain and readies everything they'll need for the trip. By the time the coach arrives, everything that might be necessary is packed and ready for the trip.

When the coach arrives, he assists Lady Mythlye up into the coach before checking that the baggage is loaded appropriately. He climbs inside and settles opposite her, Possibly, she never has been subtle.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Copper smiles, "Maybe it's the other way around. She can't always be the one to ruin lives."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

SaDiablo Hall
    Dhemlan Kaeleer
    Evening

Arriving at SaDiablo Hall is an experience none of you are likely to forget, even those used to the dark splendor of a Queen's court. Its imposing-yet-elegant gray bulk looms over the village clustered around it in a manner that could be described either as menacing or protective, depending on one's temprement, and it appears easily large enough to swallow the population of a small town and remain uncrowded. A circular drive leads past clipped lawns and a small forest - Which, you realize with a start, would also fit inside the Hall, itself much larger than you'd originally suspected - and up to a slab of black marble with a dragon's head doorknocker attached. Giving it a tug results in a small cloud of steam, a gong ringing somewhere inside the house - And the door sliding abruptly into the floor, apparently vanishing into the floor. In its place stands, unsurprisingly, a butler.

What is surprising is the exact nature of the butler, specifically the Red Jewel at his throat and the physic scent unique to Warlord Princes you can detect coming off of him. He bows, and says:
    "Lady, Princes, and Lords, the High Lord is expecting you. If you will follow me?" And he leads you into SaDiablo Hall.
    Last edited by MistressBaerne; 2009-09-04 at 09:20 PM.
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Seeing and hearing the carriage's arrival out front, Ark picks up his bag (which basically contains personal items, writing equipment, and a small journal), and then dismisses it to his psychic cupboard before flying down to join the others in the carriage.

-----------------------------

Getting out of the carriage, Ark looks around in wonder. Turning to the horses, he thanks them for the ride, before returning his attention to the rest of the group, and the butler leading them. Senses of foreboding and curiosity emanate from the twin minds of his jewel as they walk into the massive hall

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth walks calmly through SaDiablo while keeping a calm eye on the butler, but appearing like he is observing his surroundings. He seems impressed by the size of the building. He pulls out his own Tiger Eye Jewel and thinks for a moment.
    Warlord Princes are known to go berserk when prompted, we should probably be careful around this man. He tucks the jewel away and resumes following the butler.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Stepping out of the carriage, Daros spends a moment or two to examine the great place he heard since his childhood, but now that he has seen it, it somehow seemed to lose its mystery.

It's just a very large building with a very powerful man in it, nothing more.

Encountering the "butler", Daros responds to the man's bow with a quick one of his without much thinking- he wasn't used to be respected at all. He follows the Red jewel with a sure-footed, march-like walk and pays little heed at anything else.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn exits the carriage before his Queen, then helps her out. He will wait and follow her up to the Hall. He is subdued and circumspect, offering a bow to the butler and following the others inside.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-09-05 at 09:45 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

Taking a single moment to compose herself Lady Mythlye alights from the carriage with Kadyns help and strides forward keeping pace with the butler matching him stride for stride keeping an eye all about
    Last edited by Handsome Dan; 2009-09-06 at 11:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Copper exits the carraige and walks a few feet behind everyone else.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

As the group enters the actual building, a wave of self-consciousness filters over from one of Ark's jewel's minds (he often wondered if this personality was once a warlord prince (perhaps remnants of his father?), with its need for formality and its chaotic agressiveness...). Looking around though, Ark does indeed feel severely under-dressed, and so with a murmured word, he commands his wardrobe to shift, which it does, into an elegant black set of rune embroidered formal robes.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

With permission from his queen, Javarel begins preparations to head to SaDiablo Hall. He diligently packs all his necessary provisions and dons his most expensive, elaborate attire, a pristine white silk shirt, stylish blue pants, a gold-inlaid black leather belt buckle, black leather dress shoes, a glistening silver necklace, and a regal navy blue cloak on top. When he is ready, the queen summons her personal carriage for him, and the journey begins.

Javarel reaches the Hall at last, incredibly impressed by its intimidating splendour. He has mixed feelings about meeting the "butler," on one hand he is annoyed that such a lowly servant has such an impressive jewel compared to his own, but on the other he is in awe at the might of a master of such a powerful servant. He makes a mental note to be on his very best behaviour.

Not long after he is ushered to wait at a sleek marble bench does the butler recede back to the Hall's entrance, welcoming newcomers. Javarel feels them out with his mindsight as they approach -- they certainly aren't the High Lord, though one entity does confuse him a bit (Ark's jewel).

When they come close the young human rises from his seat, and oozing with social charm, flashes a warm and sincere looking smile, giving a courteous bow to the obvious Queen. "I see more have been summoned by the High Lord. A pleasure to meet you all. My name is Javarel Hyth."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know diplomacy doesn't work on chars but I figured it would at least indicate how tactfully he says things.

I can roll Bluff though if necessary! :P

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn walks quickly behind her, keeping in step with the group. He continuously looks side to side for anything of interest or that he might need to know.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

SaDiablo Hall
    Dhemlan Kaeleer
    Evening

The corridors of the Hall seem to run for miles, branching off in every imaginable direction - Including ones that shouldn't be possible; you see several servants flying straight up one passage that runs perpendicular to the floor. A gravity-transmutation aura visible to those of you with altered sight explains this, and the outer walls glow with the blacks and reds of protective and necromantic spells, though curiously only on the inside.

With a start, you realize that the High Lord doesn't mind people getting into his home, but that leaving would be a much more difficult endeavor.

After walking for what seems like at least half a mile, you arrive in front of another of the black marble slabs that seem to serve as doors. It slides into its niche in the floor without any knock from the butler, who stands aside and gestures for you to enter.

An L-shaped room is visible beyond the threshold, the shorter side facing you. A massive wooden desk at the far end holds an assortment of papers, a portrait of a woman wearing a Black Jewel, and, oddly, a child's drawing of a unicorn. More interesting than these, however, is the man behind the desk.

Tall, with black hair gone silver at the temples framing an elegant, handsome face and a pair of intensly golden eyes above a black cloak and white shirt, the High Lord of Hell appears exactly as described in myth and legend, down to the icy expression and Black Jewel at his throat. He is awash with magic, visible at the edge of sight even to those without special vision, and blindingly so to those with it; his skin is lit by a variety of effects, both benign and malevolent, and his garments are likewise covered in spells.

"Lady, Princes, Lords, do be seated," he says, gesturing to a scattering of chairs before his desk. "There is much to discuss."His voice is a wash of honeyed syllables, and all the more unsettling for it's appeal.
    Last edited by MistressBaerne; 2009-09-10 at 04:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel

Javarel strides into the room, his emotions calm and collected. He absorbs the scene around him and gives a deep, courteous bow to the magnificent presence seated before him. The High Lord truly lives up to the legends. Javarel doesn't need to rely on his mindsight to know he must be on his best behavior for this meeting. The human sits down in one of the chairs offered to him.

Javarel takes a quick glance at the portrait of the woman on SaDiablo's desk, and briefly ponders the woman's background.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Nobility to find out more about the woman in the portrait?
    (1d20+12)[23]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Copper unconsiously becomes rigid and formal in his posture. His military training floods through his mind and he takes a seat. He seems tense enough that he may not be sitting at all, but rather squatting just above the chair.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Solomon

The winged fencer remains quiet upon entering the mysterious hall, Solomon recognizing a feeling of deja vu; this place holds a similar feeling to where he sought training. In fact, Solomon seems, well, solemn upon entry of the High Lord's study, regarding its occupant with a serious, gauging look.

He recalls the last time he met with the Lord, and the bargain struck. Plainly he hopes that it will still be upheld. "Solomon sees that you've been busy offering invitations to more malcontents than a simple fencer..." he offers, crossing his arms, "This won't upset the nature of our agreement, will it?"
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2009-09-11 at 03:49 PM.