New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    What does pinning for the fjords mean? (I know it must be an expression or something but I don't get it)
    This is not a rickroll. Copy the URL and type it into google if you're so paranoid.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

That link was pointless.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

That link was pointless.
    Go to 1:35.
    And Monty Python is never pointless!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

What does pinning for the fjords mean? (I know it must be an expression or something but I don't get it)
    To "pine" is to long for painfully. A fjord is a geographical feature caused by glacial action, and hence common in Scandinavia.

That link was pointless.
    That link is to the sketch from which the phrase entered popular culture.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    To "pine" is to long for painfully. A fjord is a geographical feature caused by glacial action, and hence common in Scandinavia.

That link is to the sketch from which the phrase entered popular culture.
    I know what a fjord is (Scandinavian after all) but what is it you meant with it. Even if the link provides an explanation I'm afraid I don't understand half of what they say (partly because I'm used to listen to my teacher or classmates who all speak slower and with different accents than them and partly because of hearing issues)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Thats surprisingly not as impossible as it should be
    It makes perfect sense when you think about it!

No, seriously, it does.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

I know what a fjord is (Scandinavian after all) but what is it you meant with it. Even if the link provides an explanation I'm afraid I don't understand half of what they say (partly because I'm used to listen to my teacher or classmates who all speak slower and with different accents than them and partly because of hearing issues)
    Very well then.

The sketch involves John Cleese attempting to return a parrot to a pet store, having found that it is deceased. Michael Palin, the shopkeeper, maintains that it is alive, just "resting". After Cleese bangs it against table, he claims it is "stunned".

One of the reasons given for the lack of activity on the parrot's part is that it is "pining for the fjords".

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Blimey, it's the dog's bollocks, mate ! It's nonsense, I know.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-05-30 at 01:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Very well then.

The sketch involves John Cleese attempting to return a parrot to a pet store, having found that it is deceased. Michael Palin, the shopkeeper, maintains that it is alive, just "resting". After Cleese bangs it against table, he claims it is "stunned".

One of the reasons given for the lack of activity on the parrot's part is that it is "pining for the fjords".
    I got that much (It was the later part I couldn't hear) So Plot 3 is dead then I even had a idea for a comic, oh well nothing to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Blimey, it's the dog's bollocks, mate ! It's nonsense, I know.
    Are you drunk or something? (no offense) Oh nonsense... You still sound out of character (or whatever you call it).
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-05-30 at 01:21 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

10. - Top - End - #340

I got that much (It was the later part I couldn't hear) So Plot 3 is dead then I even had a idea for a comic, oh well nothing to do about it.
    That's still far better than I could ever do in any foreign language, Keveak... Unless, perhaps, I spent hours grueling over the answer...

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It makes perfect sense when you think about it!

No, seriously, it does.
    Actually.....that could be the answer!

To the TVtropes with it
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Actually.....that could be the answer!

To the TVtropes with it
    Nameless deserves his own TVTropes page anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not dead! It's resting!

Are you drunk or something? (no offense) Oh nonsense... You still sound out of character (or whatever you call it).
    Oi! He's making perfect sense. He's mocking a stereotypical accent, but it's not incomprehensible.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    That's still far better than I could ever do in any foreign language, Keveak... Unless, perhaps, I spent hours grueling over the answer...
    Another funny thing about it is that Danish is often called the hardest language to learn but apparently that doesn't go the other way (or maybe I'm just good at English, who knows). The real reason is probably that since Denmark is so goddamn small only childrens cartoons are translated (everything else we get the English version of, I actually had to ask a older friend a lot about what my Yu-gi-oh card did when I was younger) *keeps blathering about more and more untill stopping with the word "turkey"*

EDIT:

It's not dead! It's resting!

Oi! He's making perfect sense. He's mocking a stereotypical accent, but it's not incomprehensible.
    THEN MAKE A COMIC!

Is the accent drunk pirate accent or something?
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-05-30 at 01:34 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

THEN MAKE A COMIC!
    You know what? Maybe I will.

...at some point.

Is the accent drunk pirate accent or something?
    No. It's British, but I'm not sure as to the exact locale. "Blimey" is an expression of surprise, anger or excitement, and "the dog's bollocks" is the best of it's kind (the term comes from "cat's whiskers", and I have no idea where that came from).

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

No. It's British, but I'm not sure as to the exact locale. "Blimey" is an expression of surprise, anger or excitement, and "the dog's bollocks" is the best of it's kind (the term comes from "cat's whiskers", and I have no idea where that came from).
    It's from Hollywood !

After we finish the fight against the Shades (Lying, are you currently doing a comic ? Because I could do a really quick one before you do), is the group going to Alphantica ? It would be interesting plot-wise.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You know what? Maybe I will.

...at some point.
    Can I do one too! (just where they arrest My character whoose name I forgot so I'm making a new one since it was unknown anyway)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #348

Don't forget Mecha-SoG!

Would anyone be opposed to a main character dying during the final battle? Perhaps a plot-central one like Salmon; Lying would have to cast the revival spell while everyone else would hold of all the baddies...

It would pull Lying, clearly the most powerful, out of obliterating everything, would give more character to ABR, and would make for a cool final battle.

Though TnD and GR would probably be torn between working for the good guys and the bad guys, since there are now Threeshades' on each side.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Firbolg in the Playground

Don't forget Mecha-SoG!
    Robot me? O.o

20. - Top - End - #350

SOG: Yeah, you didn't notice that?

The giant fighting robot is called the SoG 9210, it was in the Vendetta's hangar, implying that you probably owned it as well at one point, and it does slightly resemble Oliver...

I wanted to make a giant fighting robot, and I was like, "Vendetta... Shades of Gray probably had a robot. Why not a giant fighting version of him?"
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-05-30 at 02:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Don't forget Mecha-SoG!

Would anyone be opposed to a main character dying during the final battle? Perhaps a plot-central one like Salmon; Lying would have to cast the revival spell while everyone else would hold of all the baddies...

It would pull Lying, clearly the most powerful, out of obliterating everything, would give more character to ABR, and would make for a cool final battle.

Though TnD and GR would probably be torn between working for the good guys and the bad guys, since there are now Threeshades' on each side.
    I thought the shades were demons that was in Threeshades soul because Sildyu made a deal with the devil/demon meaning they aren't really threeshades, I might be wrong
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Nameless deserves his own TVTropes page anyway.
    Nah, words wouldn't be able to describe my awesome.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

After we finish the fight against the Shades (Lying, are you currently doing a comic ? Because I could do a really quick one before you do), is the group going to Alphantica ? It would be interesting plot-wise.
    I'm hoping to get the comic done by Wednesday, so if you can do it by then, go ahead.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-05-30 at 02:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

I thought the shades were demons that was in Threeshades soul because Sildyu made a deal with the devil/demon meaning they aren't really threeshades, I might be wrong
    They are, but they still look physically like the Threeshades, and sound like them, and TnD doesn't know the difference.

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Nah, words wouldn't be able to describe my awesome.
    But a picture of awesomesauce can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget Mecha-SoG!

Landfish can't be resurrected; they don't have real souls.

It would be better if it were Lying himself who died, and later came back through his Clone spell.

The only problem is that we are very close to finishing the battle, since Salmon, the only remaining fighter, is going to unleash his amulet and go around super powered.

Although you may fight Sinister Penguin & co, who are at the bottom levels.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Landfish can't be resurrected; they don't have real souls.

It would be better if it were Lying himself who died, and later came back through his Clone spell.

The only problem is that we are very close to finishing the battle, since Salmon, the only remaining fighter, is going to unleash his amulet and go around super powered.

Maybe something could happen to his clones and thatcould be why he is crazy (well more crazy) in FI? Just an idea
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

But a picture of awesomesauce can.
    indeed...

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Woah...you just made me smile. And that takes a lot. Make love not war!
    That wouldn't help with overpopulation.
    ____

30. - Top - End - #360

Not really, but its good excuse for me to state my last FFF comic non-canon....

Besides, I totally want to fight a giant robot

edit: I'm now going to delete it anyway...
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-30 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show