New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I'll have a short comic fixing everything in a way that is fair to everyone ready soon.
    Nameless hit Threeshades in my comic, she goes off panel.
    Salmon asks: “I though you were plain shifted by Threeshades”
    Nameless the replies: “I got out while you were distracted by the fight”

Not that difficult to fix really.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Nameless hit Threeshades in my comic, she goes off panel.

Not that difficult to fix really.
    That doesn't allow for Rand's comic.

I could try and make a comic, I'd quite like to, but MM is better, and faster at comic making than me, so I'll leave it in his hands.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    That doesn't allow for Rand's comic.

I could try and make a comic, I'd quite like to, but MM is better, and faster at comic making than me, so I'll leave it in his hands.
    Fine, I plain shifted Threeshades.
    Then Threeshades comes back and does something wacky and extremely unexpected.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-05-31 at 09:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Fine, I plain shifted Threeshades.
    Then Threeshades comes back and does something wacky and extremely unexpected.
    As omnipresent being as you are, I thought you cannot be effectively reality shifted......you're just everywhere, or not?
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-31 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    As omnipresent being as you are, I thought you cannot be effectively reality shifted......you're just everywhere, or not?
    This is true...

EDIT:
    This has given me an amazing idea!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-05-31 at 09:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that i think about it, reality shifting nameless is kind of pointless, since he's omnipresent

7. - Top - End - #517

Wow people....I thought you realize sooner why Nameless withstanded reality shift in Rands comic...
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Wow people....I thought you realize sooner why Nameless withstanded reality shift in Rands comic...
    Yeah! It was all part of my plan you see!

9. - Top - End - #519

HalfOrcPirate

MM, I must say, I absolutely love your art style. Nameless is awesome looking. Nice comic.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

10. - Top - End - #520
    Firbolg in the Playground

RE: Earth.

My TJH character is from an alternate timeline earth, specifically Québec. So... Yeah. Earth's gonna be in the material plane or something. Or its own plane.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Which would mean it's not part of ABR continuity and so is non-canon. Righto.
    Nope. Quite in ABR continuity.

It can just affect other continuities as well, and treats everything as a different continuity.

The plot-telelporter is actually kinda important to my character's backstory, and since it's already been in the plot, I really really must object to you writing it off as "it never happened because it's stupid".
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    RE: Earth.

My TJH character is from an alternate timeline earth, specifically Québec. So... Yeah. Earth's gonna be in the material plane or something. Or its own plane.
    Maybe Avbaroyis Earths alternative! Moss (TJH) is from another world too and there THE WORLD has another name (they don't use the same language either though) so it sounds plausible to me.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Keris:See? They did fix it.

Anyway, since we seem to be on a comic-making binge could someone whip up a quickie to advance the plot even further?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

14. - Top - End - #524

Actually, part of Skimmer's backstory is on alternate Earth too......well, not exactly earth, just very similar to it...
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-31 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525

Yay! The plot's actually moving!

Now we just need someone to make a comic where the giant robot bursts through the wall and starts to fight Sinister Penguin and co. (if we're still doing that). Any takers?
    Last edited by SinisterPenguin; 2009-05-31 at 10:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

16. - Top - End - #526

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Yay! The plot's actually moving!

Now we just need someone to make a comic where the giant robot bursts through the wall and starts to fight Sinister Penguin and co. (if were still doing that). Any takers?
    I'll probably do it today, just give me few hours to finish school work....

but if anybody can do it now, just do it
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Nope. Quite in ABR continuity.

It can just affect other continuities as well, and treats everything as a different continuity.

The plot-telelporter is actually kinda important to my character's backstory, and since it's already been in the plot, I really really must object to you writing it off as "it never happened because it's stupid".
    Right, let's try this with diagrams.

Spoiler
    Show

Here we can see the main ABR continuity. I've left off SDSB and backstory comics, because SDSB would clutter it and I don't read most of the backstory comics, so don't know how they would fit in.

This shows what the "plotaport" would be like if it were just a time machine. Simple, but can cause paradoxes. And you maintain that it isn't time travel, but we can use this for reference later.

This is what I believe you mean the Plotaport is. It travels directly between the plots, without any movement in the x-axis, which is time in this diagram. The lower line is the same as the upper line, just shifted along in x and displaced in y. However, the shift in x should constitute time travel, as in diagram 2.

This is what I think the Plotaporter should do. It fits within your definition of continuity shift, but the orphaned Plot 3 segment has no effect on the ABR continuity as a whole. It was created by the Plotaporter as a destination, and will probably be hell of a difficult for Mechafox to work out where to archive. Not that it wasn't before.

18. - Top - End - #528

Well that's a coincidence, I learned about all of that stuff just a few days ago, Keris.

So your saying that shifting plots has no relevance to the main plotline?

If we use time travel, then we can just say that the timeline branches off, the old one existing but not perceived by anyone in the new timeleine. One could travel to the other continuity, but that would require a plotaport, and thus it would be non-canon.

19. - Top - End - #529

Spoiler
    Show

Here we can see the main ABR continuity. I've left off SDSB and backstory comics, because SDSB would clutter it and I don't read most of the backstory comics, so don't know how they would fit in.

This shows what the "plotaport" would be like if it were just a time machine. Simple, but can cause paradoxes. And you maintain that it isn't time travel, but we can use this for reference later.

This is what I believe you mean the Plotaport is. It travels directly between the plots, without any movement in the x-axis, which is time in this diagram. The lower line is the same as the upper line, just shifted along in x and displaced in y. However, the shift in x should constitute time travel, as in diagram 2.

This is what I think the Plotaporter should do. It fits within your definition of continuity shift, but the orphaned Plot 3 segment has no effect on the ABR continuity as a whole. It was created by the Plotaporter as a destination, and will probably be hell of a difficult for Mechafox to work out where to archive. Not that it wasn't before.
    You're not quite right Keris. As Q stated, plotaporter doesn't effect time and jump only between plots, which means he can jump only to the part of plot which happens simultaneously with the plot he jumps from.......So if he jumps from FFF to P3, he can't change past much more than other participants of P3.....

edit: And also you've used inaccurate diagrams for this kind of situation....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-31 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530

Hey, are you guys still doing Random Kills?
    Peace, peace~

21. - Top - End - #531

Kobold

You're not quite right Keris. As Q stated, plotaporter doesn't effect time and jump only between plots, which means he can jump only to the part of plot which happens simultaneously with the plot he jumps from.......So if he jumps from FFF to P3, he can't change past much more than other participants of P3.....

edit: And also you've used inaccurate diagrams for this kind of situation....
    But see, the act of simply jumping to another part of the plot changes space-time continuum. Even if it isnt time travel, the future has been iremediably modified on both the original location of the jump and the destination of the jump. Because in one universe there was a Q and now there isnt, and in another, a Q simply appears.

You have to look at this in a more abstract way.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

22. - Top - End - #532

Given that one of the main gods in the universe is plotus, then you can just say that it works because of his influence. He makes sure that everything works plot-wise, and tries to make it as interesting as possible.

I.e. If the plot would be cooler with a paradox, then there's a paradox. If the plot would be cooler if we ignored the paradox and went straight to action, then it is so.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-05-31 at 11:14 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533

Spoiler
    Show

The way I understand it, Q's Plotaporter teleports him through the fourth wall, essentially what your third image does, except for having them be the same universe. Parallel universish thing.

Edit; /\ even better!
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-05-31 at 11:14 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    The way I understand it, Q's Plotaporter teleports him through the fourth wall, essentially what your third image does, except for having them be the same universe. Parallel universish thing.

Edit; /\ even better!
    I say he travels fifth dimensionally (fourth dimensionally is time-travel) which we can't uderstand how work.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    But see, the act of simply jumping to another part of the plot changes space-time continuum. Even if it isnt time travel, the future has been iremediably modified on both the original location of the jump and the destination of the jump. Because in one universe there was a Q and now there isnt, and in another, a Q simply appears.
    Nope, there is nothing modified at all because it works only with plots.

We already know how the world will look when FFF starts, we can even tell how will FFF end. We also know how P3 started and when we have there FFF plot in the future, you can more or less tell how P3 will end.

Now there we've created two stationary and unchangeable points: The "beginning" and the "end" of plot. Given that, every action you'll do between these two points will never change the future plots at all because it always ends with "the end point of the plot"

In other words, you can't destroy the world in the P3 just because it's not destroyed in FFF.....

Thank Plotus for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    You have to look at this in a more abstract way.
    There is a clown head on it....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-31 at 11:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

Capt'n Awesome's back ! As a demonic cowboy vampire space marine dual-wielding chainsaw lightsabers ! Even Randomizer cowers in his presence !
    If you make him a ninja, he will be functionally omnipotent.

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I say he travels fifth dimensionally (fourth dimensionally is time-travel) which we can't uderstand how work.
    I never said that he traveled fourth dimensionally, I said that he went through the fourth wall. You do know what the fourth wall is right? Links if you don't.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I never said that he traveled fourth dimensionally, I said that he went through the fourth wall. You do know what the fourth wall is right? Links if you don't.
    Apparently you hasn't seen that movie (where they say that time travel is fourth dimensional travel) What I was saying is that we can't really understand stuff past third dimensional so we wouldn't need to explain how the plotaporter work if it's beyond that.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    ....so we wouldn't need to explain how the plotaporter work if it's beyond that.
    "From-plot-to-plot" doesn't work as proper explanation?
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-05-31 at 12:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    If you make him a ninja, he will be functionally omnipotent.
    Don't forget glowing eyes. And he should really contain a Buffy reference.