New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    FOR THE LAST FIRGGEN TIME, TIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PLOT TELEPORTATION! JUST &@*$%!ING ACCEPT IT!!!
    "The sun is blue! Because I say it is!" (by the way, the sun is green)

You know what? I'm tired of expalining. I've expalined how it has absolutely nothing to do with time again and again, but does anybody listen to me?
    Yes. We do listen. Do you listen to us when we explain that it does have quite a bit to do with time?

I'll just say that it's fourth-wall breaking. That it travels Q outside comic FFF, into the Giant In the Playground Forums (just to emphisis how this isn't a time warp) and into the comic of P3. It accepts the two has different stories, but it allows Q to be a part of both stories equally. There is no alternate timeline.
    All right then, let's try this:

Option 1: You have moved, via the plot teleporter, to P3 proper. This is a transition of ~ -1530 years in the n-axis (time), and who knows what in the x-, y- and z- axis. This is time travel, and upsets the plots.

Option 2: You have moved to a separate continuity of P3. This is a transition along the "φ"-axis, which is the axis along which the fourth wall lies.

But Q could not move along the n-axis. We must assume Option 2 is valid, but you keep claiming that it is not, and a transition along the φ-axis is sufficient for Option 1. It is not.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-06-01 at 06:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Yes. It can. It is traveling to a different FRIGGEN PLOT-

You know what? I'm tired of expalining. I've expalined how it has absolutely nothing to do with time again and again, but does anybody listen to me?

I'll just say that it's fourth-wall breaking. That it travels Q outside comic FFF, into the Giant In the Playground Forums (just to emphisis how this isn't a time warp) and into the comic of P3. It accepts the two has different stories, but it allows Q to be a part of both stories equally. There is no alternate timeline.

You know why?

Spoiler
    Show
    Because the Q's COULDN'T TIME TRAVEL! They would've been stopped by the time bomb!

Now please, can we drop this before I lose what is left of any sainity I have?
    So he ain't travelling through time but is still in both FFF and a plot going on thousands of years before? Please don't get mad at me

Also; Why can't I be the one losing sanity I never am
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

(by the way, the sun is green)
    More of a greeny/yellowy colour. Kinda like a highlighter.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

You know what? Do whatever the **** you want with the archives. Randomly call some of them non-canon, put everything bacwards, I don't care anymore. Do whatever the heck you want. I call mercy. I throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    So he ain't travelling through time but is still in both FFF and a plot going on thousands of years before? Please don't get mad at me

Also; Why can't I be the one losing sanity I never am
    It's okay, there. I suppose I'm really not expalining it properly.

But I will see to it that someday, hopefully, with it's role in my backstories, that someday people will see the logic (yes, I haz logic) behind the invention.

But then again, maybe not. And that wouldn't be anybody's fault but my own.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-01 at 06:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    More of a greeny/yellowy colour. Kinda like a highlighter.
    It's actually closer to the green/blue border than the green/yellow border. So to you.

You know what? Do whatever the **** you want with the archives. Randomly call some of them non-canon, put everything bacwards, I don't care anymore. Do whatever the heck you want. I call mercy. I throw in the towel.
    I was looking for a mutually agreeable solution, but if you're going to be like that, fine.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-06-01 at 06:52 AM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't personally see the point in declaring an old, hitherto undisputed comic as non-canon.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I don't personally see the point in declaring an old, hitherto undisputed comic as non-canon.
    Precisely. It wasn't causing any harm!

Originally Posted by Keris Rain
    I was looking for a mutually agreeable solution, but if you're going to be like that, fine.
    Well, do the thing you think would be most mutally agreeable.

Also, since Mechafox owns the archives, doesn't he have a say in this as well?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-01 at 07:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    We can't continue the plot because that comic screws up something (I think Keris didn't go into details)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    It's actually closer to the green/blue border than the green/yellow border. So to you.
    Damn you radiation!

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn you radiation!
    This is Three Dog AAOOU! And we're Galaxy News Radio, giving you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Banned

No, it's kinda white, really. Apparently, it's actually every color, but all of it is lost along the way or something bizarre like that.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    No, it's kinda white, really. Apparently, it's actually every color, but all of it is lost along the way or something bizarre like that.
    Humans have crappy vision, so when there's all colours in the sunlight our brain only see it as white. If there Had been fewer colours then we couldn't see them (stuff absorbs certain colours and bounce back others, white is when all are bounced back and black is when none are)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-01 at 09:11 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    The emission curve for the sun, modelled as a black-body of temperature 5780K, has a peak emission at ~500nm. This is in the cyan/green region. Hence the sun gives off predominantly green light.

It appears orange/yellow in the atmosphere because the blue light is scattered by the atmosphere, which is why the sky appears blue.

However, the spread of frequencies emitted by the sun encompasses the entire spectrum, and a black-body is steeper before the peak, so the curve as a whole appears to have a yellow tint. But the modal colour is green.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

The colour of the sun is 250-2500+ nanometers (apparently)... this is usualy green or yellow or even a blue-ish colour.

EDIT: However, technically speaking the sun is every colour.
    At least every colour we can see.

Last edited by Nameless; 2009-06-01 at 09:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The colour of the sun is 250-2500+ nanometers (apparently)... this is usualy green or yellow or even a blue-ish colour.
    It needs red, green and yellow (basic colors of light apparently) to allow us to see all colors (we can't see the mix of red and yellow if there's no red) is it possible that it could be there somewhere?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

It needs red, green and yellow (basic colors of light apparently) to allow us to see all colors (we can't see the mix of red and yellow if there's no red) is it possible that it could be there somewhere?
    Read my edit. ^

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Read my edit. ^
    There's a colour named "Yo"? Awesome
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

There's a colour named "Yo"? Awesome
    It stands for Yellow/Orange.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

It stands for Yellow/Orange.
    Still awesome
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Barbarian in the Playground

confused Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Does anyone know how to draw a cape?
    Peace, peace~

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Does anyone know how to draw a cape?
    In which program? I know how in Inkscape and in real ife.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome FI picture skimmer. :D

23. - Top - End - #623

In which program? I know how in Inkscape and in real ife.
    In Inkscape, trying to make a basic cape from the skin of my enemy, it's for an interactive comic on another site. >.>

Awesome FI picture skimmer. :D
    I second that, well done!
    Peace, peace~

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

In Inkscape, trying to make a basic cape from the skin of my enemy, it's for an interactive comic on another site. >.>

I second that, well done!
    I just draw a square and modify it (moving the upper corners together, placing nodes at the bottom to make it look less stiff) nd I third that

EDIT: Anyone know a good substitute for frozen for five hundred years (I'm working on a comic) I need a medieval character to be unchanged until the present but frozen sounds horrible cliché
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-01 at 10:48 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #625

I just draw a square and modify it (moving the upper corners together, placing nodes at the bottom to make it look less stiff) nd I third that

EDIT: Anyone know a good substitute for frozen for five hundred years (I'm working on a comic) I need a medieval character to be unchanged until the present but frozen sounds horrible cliché
    Thanks.

Oh, try this: "for five centuries I was locked in a cryogenic slumber"
    Peace, peace~

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks.

Oh, try this: "for five centuries I was locked in a cryogenic slumber"
    It was nothing.

That won't work, it happens as an accident and in 1526! but thanks for the trying
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-01 at 11:05 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #627

It was nothing.

That won't work, it happens as an accident and in 1526! but thanks for the trying
    No problem then, but if ya still want to use the sentence just chop out the five centuries part.
    Peace, peace~

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

No problem then, but if ya still want to use the sentence just chop out the five centuries part.
    It's a pretty important part, but maybe for a "Not again" joke or something (most likely a filler)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone know a good substitute for frozen for five hundred years (I'm working on a comic) I need a medieval character to be unchanged until the present but frozen sounds horrible cliché
    "My actions displeased the enchantress Columbine, who weaved a spell that trapped me within the realm of dreams. For how long I slumbered, I do not know, but I have awakened at long last."

Also, should he have been "frozen" in 1026, then he would have lived to see the end of the Age of Dragons, and may have experiences of that era. You may want to pick his place of origin carefully, should he be part of ABR canon.

Should this be for a non-ABR comic, then do as you wish.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"My actions displeased the enchantress Columbine, who weaved a spell that trapped me within the realm of dreams. For how long I slumbered, I do not know, but I have awakened at long last."

Also, should he have been "frozen" in 1026, then he would have lived to see the end of the Age of Dragons, and may have experiences of that era. You may want to pick his place of origin carefully, should he be part of ABR canon.

Should this be for a non-ABR comic, then do as you wish.
    I said medieval (and 1526) so no, not ABR and I'm pretty sure that won't work either, think Avatar the last airbender like accident (he got caught in a storm and his powers kicked in and saved him by freezing him for a century) not awakened Chutulhu and got cursed like (I'm aiming for magic to be rare for the obvious reason that people hated the crap).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.