New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might Soundstage C

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, freeze frame again:

Apparently, I am wrong; level drain only affects any further use of wild shape. She can retain her polar bearity if she so chooses, which she probably will.

In a similar vein, I thought Zaph went behind her because I couldn't figure out why on Earth you'd send your caster ahead to get eaten.

I'll give it to you, then; we can reset the battle to that stage, or pick and choose. The magic missile and ray will still happen in the same way, of course.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-05-28 at 11:17 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That means Zaph might be semi-useful..Since most of his spells are necromancy...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Really Zaph is still panicked, Emma is still level drained... I would still have done the same thing....Changing it now so I don't use a healing spell would be using meta game knowledge so everything will play out the same...big difference is she is still a bear.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Zaph's still running away scared; none of my errors change that.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-05-28 at 11:17 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

As I had said.. Nothing really changes except she is still a polar bear..

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, the monstrosity doesn't know that she's a woman. That's important.

Instead, it savages her with its claws and then goes for her throat with its vicious bite, also catching her with its gaze.

Claw Attack - (d20+20)[27]
    Claw Attack - (d20+20)[23]
    Bite Attack - (d20+18)[30]
    Claw Damage - (2d4+5)[12]
    Claw Damage - (2d4+5)[9]
    Bite Damage - (2d6+2)[9]

One Fortitude save for each claw that strikes, please.
    Will save, please.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-05-28 at 11:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Will: (d20+11)[18]

Fort1: (d20+9)[11]

Fort2: (d20+9)[25]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Did both claws strike?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Yep...she has Ac27

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

In which case only one claw struck, since the dice were being remarkably cruel to me. Using only the first Fort save, she passes and takes 21 damage from the first claw and the bite. She is then panicked.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Observers Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops; almost forgot.

Caster Level - (d20+7)[17]

For the cure.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Zaph runs to... D15..

Will save to try and shake off panic or do I not get that yet?
    (d20+8)[9]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jkoshe View Post
    Zaph runs to... D15..

Will save to try and shake off panic or do I not get that yet?
    That wouldn't have worked anyway... but I'm not aware of this rule. Could someone point me to it?

Also, Emma has a turn before Zaph, and she's panicked too.

You now have two party members running around like chickens with their heads cut off facing off against an adversary you can't hear coming, and the only light source in your possession is in a bedroom to the west, meaning one of them is now running around in the dark.

This adversary has demonstrated the power to level drain you and can most definitely see in the dark.

I offer you the chance to surrender now.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-05-28 at 11:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

I can't find it.... It must just be something I've done is past games... Maybe it was a house rule of some sort Well this is effectively over... as they are just going to run out of the building...

Emma double moves to U25 and then out of this building.....

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Well since there is no way to recover from being panicked the battle is effectively over...

(On a side note I hate level drain... the whole no save thing really bothers me.)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Well this is effectively over... as they are just going to run out of the building...
    Battle Ended

Good game, Jkoshe; more than a bit of screwy DMing on my part, sorry.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

It's alright... I didn't play it very well tactically. Like forgetting to cast death ward.. .as I didn't see it one my sheet.. I forgot my druid even had 5th level spells till you took them away. I'll try to work out a better set up for myself next time.. This whole online character sheet business messes me up. I like having the paper in my hand.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

That and my characters where designed as anti spellcasters.. even my sorc... So not having any spells I could stop... Made things rather deadly for me.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

And I like having the miniatures on a board.

Oh well; it was still an interesting match. Forcing me to burn two ghasts to drag you out of your little fortress there...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Yes and that went well didn't it . Do you know if anybody else is Dming a game. I still don't have a player on... and wouln't mind getting to play something else.. Either Dming or Playing... I have plenty of characters around here.. Unoptimized mind you.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Unoptimized mind you.
    I wouldn't risk it. You have no idea what some of the others are capable of. The one at ECL 14 is a scaled-up version of the one at ECL 5... and when I say scaled-up, I mean to CR 19 Gargantuan.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough I suppose.. I just want someone to walk into my death trap of an ECL 5 encounter... IF you had seen the Dm map rather then the player map you'd know what I mean Although... Playing would be enjoyable.. I'm starting to have second thoughts about my lvl 20's I don't think the plan I was going to employ will be effective.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Although I have a death crawl I did up for level ones I while back I'd like to try.. If you'd be willing to try a run through it It would be unrelated to this obviously.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough I suppose.. I just want someone to walk into my death trap of an ECL 5 encounter... IF you had seen the Dm map rather then the player map you'd know what I mean Although... Playing would be enjoyable.. I'm starting to have second thoughts about my lvl 20's I don't think the plan I was going to employ will be effective.
    I can certify that your level 20s will die. Nothing against you; I just know both the DM and the opposition itself.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

My plan.... might work... Just might.. If I post it here do you think keld will see it though?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Probably. PM it to me if you like.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Test Your Might: Trial V
    Bracket: ECL 5
    Talic vs. Siosilvar

Spoiler
    Show
    Choose your buff time or lack thereof.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

ALERT: Incoming Map (Warning: Screen Stretch)
    Spoiler
    Show

I see no reason why you couldn't start your party in the area shaded purple.

MAP KEY
    Wooden Texture: Walls (wooden)
    Stone Texture: Doors (5ft wide all wooden and locked; DC20 to open;; 10ft wide all metal and locked; DC24 to open)
    Coffee Beans: Cobblestones/Road
    Green: Grass
    Grey: Roof of Building
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2009-05-28 at 04:35 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

29. - Top - End - #149
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna go with full buffing. I figure I got enough heads up on the way in, and standing outside casting junk kinda clued it in.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaky McStabberton, Dashing Ninja/Fighter (Goblin Ninja 4/Fighter 1)
    Thwacky McGrabberton, The Brute Squad (Orc Barb 3/Fighter 1/Warblade 1)
    Wizzy McWizzerton, Conjurer Extraordinaire (Dwarf Wizard 5)
    Healer McFixerton, Cleric of Healing and Travel (Dwarf Cleric 5)

Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healy will begin with Continual Flame - Cast, on his mace. (permanent)
    He'll read A Scroll of Shield of Faith on himself and the Wizard. (+2 Deflection bonus to AC) (50 round duration)
    He'll read a scroll of Magic weapon on his weapon, and the barbarian. (50 round duration)
    He'll end with a Bless spell, that hits the entire party (+1 to hit, +1 save vs Fear - Morale Bonus) (50 round duration)

Wizzy will cast a Bull's Strength on the Barbarian. (+4 Enhancement to Str) (3000 round duration)
    Wizzy will cast Mage Armor on himself (+4 Armor Bonus) (3000 round duration)
    Wizzy will then cast Reduce Person on the Goblin (50 round duration).

Sneaky will apply Large Scorpion Venom to one dagger.

Thwacky will down a potion of Shield of faith. (10 round duration)

Buffs currently in effect:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thwacky: Shield of faith 1/10, Bull's Strength 3/3000, Bless 1/50, Magic Weapon (guisarme) 2/50

Sneaky: Poisoned weapon, Reduce Person 1/50, Bless 1/50

Wizzy: Mage Armor 2/3000, Bless 1/50, Shield of Faith 4/50

Healy: Bless 1/50, Magic Weapon (Mace) 3/50, Shield of Faith 5/50

May I gain an image of the map?
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-28 at 04:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Banned

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sneaky: (1d20+6)[26]
    Thwacky: (1d20+2)[17]
    Healy: (1d20+2)[13]
    Wizzy: (1d20+3)[20]

EDIT: Please provide a key, so that I know what the different colors on the map are.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-28 at 04:32 PM.