2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might Soundstage F

The Map:
    The Map

Dice Rolls: (Player Can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am going to roll first, then act accordingly in RP fluff, make things easier.
    Attack - (1d20+20)[40]
    Concealment - (1d100)[83] (51-100 Hits)
    If Success:
    Damage - (2d4+5)[9]
    And Roll A Fortitude Save.

Leaping to attack based only on his hearing, the creature strikes. Before Mcbardington has much of a chance to look around the place, he feels what he can only assume is a set of rather sharp claws raking down his back.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-17 at 10:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

Eh...I Criticaled.

Rolling Threat:
    Threat - (1d20+20)[26]
    If Successful:
    CritcalDamage - (2d4+5)[11]

If Threat succeeds...add this posts damage to previous posts damage. Still one Fortitude save.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yikes, McBardington takes 20 damage and rolls a save.

Fort: (1d20+10)[11]

Are we keeping the same initiative order or do I need to roll again? If we keep the same, whose turn is it now?

Awesome, rolled a 1 on the save...
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-18 at 07:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Order:

Morekal
    McBardington
    Wizardamos
    Me
    Clericowicz

I got to go due to a readied action.

As a result to the failed save, you take DexterityDamage - (1d8)[7] points in Dexterity.

It is Wizardamos' turn.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yikes. Is that poison or something else?

Hearing McBardington grunt in pain as he's attacked, Wizardamos will cast Greater Invisibility on Morekal, then move to D8 to be ready to move in the room to help later.

7. - Top - End - #277

It's poison...and it's friggen crazy. Afro made the villians...and he made this one well.

Still Unable to see his opponent, the creature continues to lash out, at where he assumes his opponent to be. Yelling out in a paniced elven voice. fool! You do not understand what I am doing here...must do!

(The Dice Rolls: Player Can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Just in case you needed to know for some reason. You don't know from which direction, if any, this creature came from, he just appeared. Since Invisibility Sphere infects any creature within it, he was invisibile as well.

after his attack, of course, he became visible, and you notice a pale creature with an elongated face, and large, almond shaped eyes. If you have Knowledge (The Planes) check, you can attempt to learn more.

The Creature lashes out at McBardington again:
    Attack - (1d20+20)[31]
    Consealment - (1d100)[91] (51-100) Hits.
    If Successful:
    Damage - (2d4+5)[10]
    And make a Fortitude save. Keep in mine to add in the dex damage to your AC
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-18 at 01:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

False, Invisibility Sphere doesn't affect any creature that wasn't in the radius beforehand, and I cast it before I moved up to this secret door.

Bardic Knowledge check:(1d20+12)[19]

Wizardamos has Knowledge(The Planes). If McBardington doesn't know what it is, he'll yell a description to Wizardamos who will try to identify it.

Wizaradmos check: (1d20+20)[22]

McBardington's Fort save: (1d20+10)[13]

Sonofa.. McBardington suddenly can't roll higher than a 3 on a save and is apparently destined to end up unable to move due to 0 dex...
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-18 at 01:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Ahh..my bad. Looked it up, good catch. In that case, you notice the creature jumping down from above, attacking McBardington.

Your checks allow you to equate this creature to the looks of a Bodak from the abyssal planes. You know that it isn't a Bodak, simply because this creature is white colored in nature, not black. And, though Bodaks can speak, they don't seem to have any reason to...this one does. You are unsure of what the creature is capable of in terms of abilities that are familiar to the common Bodak.

[roll=DexterityDamage]1d8[/roll] Damage to McBardington's Dex.

Wizardamos' turn.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-18 at 02:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

DexterityDamage - (1d8)[1] to Mcbardington's Dexterity.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm assuming you mean Clericowicz's turn.

Von Clericowicz will move to C6, then cast Restoration on McBardington, healing all Dex damage he has taken.

Morekal's turn depends on where this thing is. I'm not entirely sure which square it's in.

12. - Top - End - #282

The Map:
    The Map

Before we continue, just want to make sure you want to cast Restoration after you are aware that the spell takes 3 rounds to cast.

In theory, you are green light for doing it, you are invisibile, so no AoO for me when you moved, but Mcbardington can't move five feet from you for 3 rounds.

You're call.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Could McBardington move around Von Clericowicz as long as he ended each turn next to him? Yeah I didn't see the casting time cause it was on Lesser Restoration.

14. - Top - End - #284

I'm gonna rule it as: I just remembered this myself..but Restoration is a touch spell...you can complete the spell, but the spell does not fire off until you activally touch someone.

Example: You cast Restoration, and at the end of Round 3, no one needs it...so you hold it. On round 5, someone takes damage, you touch them..Restoration is cast.

Keep in mind though, that if you hold the spell in this fasion..casting anything else, expends the Restoration as if it was cast, and casts the other spell.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ok, instead of casting Restoration, Clericowicz will lose a 3rd level spell to cast Cure Serious Wounds on McBardington.

CSW: (3d8+9)[25]

Oh, and when McBardington/Wizardamos realize what this critter is, they tell the other two not to look at its face.

Morekall will Tumble to D5 and attack the monster, keeping his eyes on its torso. (50% chance not to have to make a save against a gaze attack, 20% concealment for target)

Attack: (1d20+23)[33]
    Concealment: (1d100)[29] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[8] and (1d6)[4] cold damage

Morekal then uses Spring Attack to Tumble back to D4.

McBardington will move to B6 and shoot at the creature with his bow, keeping his eyes on its torso. (same deal as with Morekal, only his bow ignores concealment).

Attack: (1d20+13)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7] and (1d6)[5] cold damage

Wizardamos will move to D6 and defensively cast Ray of Exhaustion at the creature, averting his eyes like the other two.

Attack: (1d20+9)[20]
    Concealment: (1d100)[51] (21-100=hit)

If it hits, Fort save DC is 19.

Woot for nice rolls, and I forgot to mention that Von Clericowicz is purposely looking away from the creature. (doesn't need to make a save, creature has total concealment)
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-18 at 08:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

I need you to roll For Spell resistance.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

SR check: (1d20+9)[11]

Blarg, I doubt that will cut it...
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-18 at 09:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

The Map

The Creature seems to shrug off the brunt of the blows with ease, but seems agitated by the aura of cold the weapons generate.

Wizardamos appears before his very eyes, looking away from direct contact with the eyes, and firing a ray of pure negative energy at him. However, to his dismay, the ray seems to crash into the creature's own personal magical defense and disperse harmlessly into the air.

Outraged by the attempt at a spell, The creature unleashes a full attack on the wizard before him.

Dice Rolls: (Player Can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Since Invisibility Sphere acts just as Invisibility, Wizardamos is now visable, and the creature is gonna take advantage of it.

Claw1 - (1d20+20)[24]
    If Successful:
    Damage1 - (2d4+5)[9]
    Roll Fortitude Save.

Claw2 - (1d20+20)[36]
    If Successful:
    Damage2 - (2d4+5)[9]
    Roll Fortitude Save.

Bite - (1d20+16)[28]
    If Successful:
    BiteDamage - (2d6+2)[10]

I'll post a recap of the round next post.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yikes all 3 hit, here's the saves.

(1d20+13)[15]

(1d20+13)[18]

Really? A 2 and a 5...
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-18 at 09:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Recap of Round 22:

The Damage so Far: (Player CAN look:)
    Spoiler
    Show

Morekal
    McBardington
    Wizardamos
    Me
    Clericowicz

Being the first to step in, Mybardington was the first to take the brunt of the creature's attacks, taking a well placed attack to his back, as the creature jumped down from his position above the pathway (Critical hit for 20 damage, and 7 Dexterity)

Wizardamos, hearing the cry of pain from McBardington quickly casts Greater Invisibility on Morekal, while the creature again lays into McBardington with anothe claw (10 Damage, 1 Dexterity. I should have made a full attack there..since it was my turn...but eh.) The mage also likens the creature to a Bodak from the Abyssal Planes, and suggests to avoid eye contact, only able to assume that this creature might have similiar abilities.

Clericowicz quickly comes to the aid of McBardington, attempting to relieve the bard of some of his pain, (Cure Serious Wounds for 25hp) while Morekal tumbles in, expertly landing a blow on the creature, while continuing foward before it can retaliate. MyBardington, still invisible, moves away from the creature as well, then proceeds to fire a bow into the creature's stomach, both blows the creature seems to shrug off, only taking note to the magical aura of cold both weapons have.

After Morekal tumbles away, Wizardamos manages to step in front of the creature, and attempt to weaken its strength magically Via Ray of Enfeeblment. Much to his dismay, the ray of negative energy slams into the creature's on magical defense, and dispurses into the air.

Angered, the creature unleashes its full arsenal on Wizardamos, hitting with two claws, and one bit crippling the mage. (28 damage and DexterityDamage - (2d8)[12] points of Dexterity Damage)

Behind the Scenes: (Players DO NOT LOOK)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sure the DC check for Knowledge: The Planes might not have succeeded, but since this creature is God against a party like this...I figure I'd help him a little bit...I mean...that ray of enfeeblement would have been nice, but as it stands, his 24 damage is migitated to 9 due to DR.

Tsartajius: 148/157hp

Cleric's Go.

Start Round 23:
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-18 at 10:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

I just realized I forgot that Wizardamos has Spell Penetration. I doubt adding 2 to that abysmal caster level check would help, but just in case I wanted to mention it.

Ok, Von Clericowicz will used Divine Metamagic (Extend) to cast Divine Favor so that it now lasts 2 minutes. He will stay where he is. (still invisible, still not looking at the creature at all)

Here's a question: what would it take to get up on one of the barrels? Climb, jump, normal move?

Morekal will take a 5' step to D5 and make a full attack. He is going to take a risk and not try to avert his eyes, so that he can be sure his attacks will go where he wants them to.

Attack: (1d20+18)[32] Damage: (1d6+7)[10] and (1d6)[2] cold
    Attack: (1d20+18)[32] Damage: (1d6+7)[13] and (1d6)[4] cold
    Attack: (1d20+13)[17] Damage: (1d6+7)[11] and (1d6)[4] cold

McBardington will continue to focus on the creature's torso and avoid its face, while firing two arrows at it.

Attack: (1d20+11)[23] Damage: (1d8+3)[9] and (1d6)[6] cold
    Attack: (1d20+6)[20] Damage: (1d8+3)[9] and (1d6)[2] cold

Wizardamos will attempt to climb onto the barrel in C5. Not sure what kind of check that is, if any, but he will take a full round action if he needs to since he now has a Dex of 2 :( Oh and that will be a 5' step equivalent if it can.

OMG, Morekal rolled 2 14s to attack. Why couldn't those have been 15s...
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-19 at 07:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Since the Barrels are only 5 feet tall in total, (2 foot platform, 3 foot tall barrel. Think of a huge wine barrel at winerys or something.) I'm just gonna count it as as rough terrain to get into that square, or a DC 20 to just Jump up there and avoid the movement penalties of rough terrain.

Yelling out in agony as the Morekal tears into the creature, it attempts to turn around to face the invisible adversary. As if the creature had a sixth sense, it expertly dodges the two arrows shot at him in the process.

With a mix between a growl and a yell, evoking a supernatural sensation of terror over the entire group. Then, the abomination lashes out in Morekal's general direction, directing it's gaze in all possible locations.

The Damage: (Player can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Since I really don't know how a creature can direct a gaze attack at an invisible creature, dispite being attacked...I'm not going to force you to roll against his active gaze. However, as crazy as it sounds..this creature has a 'passive' gaze..meaning that, in a sense, just looking at his face, evokes a will save.

EDIT: In fact, after reading this over again..it appears I have done that 'passive' gaze wrong since the beginning. Afro's villian has it set that anyone looking at the creature has to make this will save.

To rectify this...I'm playing it as he just 'activated' this terrifying ability. Thus the 'with a mix between a growl and a yell...' fluff up above. So on your next post, please roll will saves for everyone.

These rolls are the creature's full attack. Including 50% miss chance for your greater invisibility:

Claw1 - (1d20+20)[33]
    Concealment - (1d100)[39] (51-100 hits)
    If Successful:
    Damage1 - (2d4+5)[11]
    Roll Fortitude Save.

Claw2 - (1d20+20)[33]
    Concealment - (1d100)[64] (51-100 hits)
    If Successful:
    Damage2 - (2d4+5)[10]
    Roll Fortitude Save.

Bite - (1d20+18)[32]
    Concealment - (1d100)[69] (51-100 hits)
    If Successful:
    Damage - (2d6+2)[9]

After you roll your will saves, and if needed, Morekal's fortitude save, I will post a summery for this round.

P.S. My posts will be few and far between today, as my Real Life D&D group is meeting in a few hours.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-19 at 04:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ah, then Wizardamos will cast Magic Missile since he still has a standard action, again averting his eyes and not looking at its face.

Spell resistance check: (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (5d4+5)[17]

Claw two and bite hit, rolling Fort save for Morekal: (1d20+15)[30]

For the will saves, are you talking about this part quoted from the SRD?

"Each character within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw (which can be a Fortitude or Will save) each round at the beginning of his turn. "

If that's the case, then Clericowicz doesn't have to make a save since he hasn't looked at the critter yet, and Wizardamos and McBardington have a 50% chance to not have to make a save. Morekal gave up that protection to make sure his attacks hit this turn.

Just for the sake of keeping it moving, I'll roll saves for everybody, but if it does work like above, then Clericowicz doesn't need it the other 2 get a miss chance of 50%.

Clericowicz: (1d20+16)[17]
    Wizardamos: (1d20+15)[35] Concealment: (1d100)[56] (51-100 means he didn't need the save)
    McBardington: (1d20+10)[19] Concealment: (1d100)[72] (51-100 means he didn't need the save)
    Morekal: (1d20+9)[25]

24. - Top - End - #294

That sounds perfect...the wording sounds as though no matter where you are looking on his body, you need to make the save...merely looking at him (Not just the torso) evokes this. But I like the idea of making face to face contact. 1) It makes sense. 2) I'm sure this was meant to be a part of a gaze attack. Afro will step in and correct us otherwise.

As per your comments. Clericowicz is ok, and everyone else is as well, as the save was made. Morekal's save was successful as well, and the Magic Missile got through is magical defense. So...the summery for Round 23 is as follows:

The damage so far: (Player can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Clericowicz, like so many good clerics do, makes sure he is ready to enter the fray after proceeding to place a spell of divine favor upon himself.

McBardington, keeping his eyes away from the creature's own eyes, fires off a few arrows at the creature, but somehow, each one misses the target, dispite the accurate aim of the shooter.

Morekal, risking the terrifying gaze of his enemy steps in to combat confidently, and slices his blade across the target's body three times, two of them cutting into the flesh, but seeming to make no major mark in the aftermath, save for the icy chill of the enchanted weapon's blows. (2 Hits, 29 points of damage)

Even though it is unable to find his assailent, the monster lashes out with full force at Morekal's general position, one claw cutting deep into the victim's body, and his maw finding flesh as well (1 Claw, 1 Bite, 19 Damage.)

It was Wizardamos, however, that has cought the ire of the terrifying creature before him, as after reciting the final word for his magic missile spell, the five purple orbs of pure force slam into the tough flesh of the creature with such force, that it nearly losses footing. (Magic Missile, 17 points of damage)

Behind the Scenes: (players NO LOOKIE)
    Spoiler
    Show

If Afro wants to step in. I am confused on the passive and active gaze attacks. It says on the description:

As a spiritual descendant of a bodak, Tsartajius' bared gaze provokes a supernatural terror all its own. Those directly observing Tsartajius within 30 ft. must make a Will save (DC 21) each round or become panicked for 1 minute.

This leads me to believe that a will save is needed no matter what you are looking at, be it Tsartajius' foot, or his eyes. But the fact that it's called a Gaze of Terror, makes me think you wanted it as a gaze...meaning direct eye contact. Gonna play it as a gaze until you say otherwise.

16 damage. 7 Magic, 9 weapon. That DR is killer ****.

Tsartajius: 132/157hp

Order:
    Morekal
    McBardington
    Wizardamos
    Me
    Clericowicz

Round 24. Clericowicz's Go:
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-19 at 10:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Clericowicz uses Divine Metamagic to Extend the next spell, and casts Divine Power on himself, and moves to D6.

Morekal unleashes another full attack, this time keeping his eyes on the creatures feet. (20% miss chance, 50% chance to not need his save.)

Will save: (1d20+9)[17] miss: (1d100)[57] (51-100 means he didn't need the save)

I just realized that I've been getting some of these numbers confused, and that Morekal's offhand weapon doesn't have Frost on it. I think McBardington's multiple attacks with all cold threw me off. I'll figure out how much damage needs to come off later.

Attack: (1d20+20)[35] Concealment: (1d100)[21] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[8] and (1d6)[5] cold

Attack: (1d20+20)[38] Concealment: (1d100)[47] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[11]

Attack: (1d20+15)[33] Concealment: (1d100)[17] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[13] and (1d6)[3] cold

McBardington averting his eyes, full attack.

Will save: (1d20+10)[25]

Attack: (1d20+13)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] and (1d6)[4] cold

Attack: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] and (1d6)[5] cold

Wizardamos draws his Wand of Magic Missile and casts is, averting his eyes.

Will save: (1d20+11)[29]

Spell Resistance: (1d20+11)[29]

Damage: (3d4+3)[12]

Morekal crit a couple of times, I'll roll the confirms and damage tomorrow.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-19 at 10:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Morekal's first crit confirm:

Attack: (1d20+20)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[11] and (1d10)[7] cold

Attack: (1d20+20)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[9] and (1d8)[5] sonic, DC 14 fort save or deafened

27. - Top - End - #297

Painful. As the second critical didn't confirm, I don't need to make the save.

Enraged, the thing attempts to retreat to higher ground, attempting to climb the rough stone wall up 10 feet, to find some saftey from the crippling blows of his still invisible assailent. Once there, those large almond shaped eyes turn towards the mage, and a long, bony finger points out in his direction, a dull grey beam firing off to slam into his chest.

The Damage Done: (Player can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Wizardamos needs to make a Fortitude Save.

The creature is attempting to climb the rough surface of the stone wall. If/when he reaches his destination, he will be 10 feet up in the same position. (E6) (DC: 25) Climb - (1d20+23)[31] Morekal and Cleric are allowed Attack of Opportunities.

Since Photobucket is failing on me right now...the map remains the same, as far as I know.

Wizard = C5
    Morekal = D5
    Cleric = D6
    Bard = B6

Let me know if it is wrong..working on maps.

I will post all the damage done to both sides in a summery on next post.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-20 at 11:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Clericowicz AoO: (1d20+19)[36] Concealment: (1d100)[53] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d8+9)[10] and (2d6)[7] for a holy weapon, since I'm pretty sure this sucker is evil. :)

Morekal's AoO: (1d20+22)[35] Concealment: (1d100)[49] (21-100=hit)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[10] and (1d6)[4] cold

29. - Top - End - #299

You know...you'd think that. o.o

I still need a fortitude save from Wizardamos.

The Damage Done So Far: (Players can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

(I don't know if I should be telling you this legally, but just to avoid flusteration and confusion on your part...I am going to tell you anyway. Be aware that even though in these summeries I am adding up total damage done from your rounds...keep in mind that for reasons you don't know (Spells, DR, Regeneration, etc) that might not be the actual damage it takes. I'm sure by now, if you look at all the summeries and add up all the damage yo uhave done so far..it's like...80 or so damage.)

Round 24 prooved to be the most brutal for the group of four, as the party seems to have survived the fast initial assault from the creature, and return the attack with impressive force.

Clericowicz finishes his plans to join the assault by finishing a battle prayer to his God and thus extending a Divine Power, and moving in to make his first strike, still under the guise of invisibility.

This Round, it was Morekal that once again came in with an incredably powerful assault, his anger fueling his strikes as they seem to hit critical spots upon the creatures body. Even still, the blows seem to offer little more hope in the attempt, as while the strikes hit true, and hit hard, it doesn't seem to making as much as an impact upon the creature's body, as would any other creature, such as an orc, or even a troll. (2 Strikes, one of them Criticaled. 43 Points of damage.)

Mcbardington continues to unleash volley after volley of arrows that always strike true against those seeking cover, but dispite the magic surrounding those arrows, they keep missing their mark.

Wizardamos turns from throwing prepared spells, to pulling out a wand, and speaking the word to bring fourth 3 balls of pure force, once again hitting the creature in the chest with the blows of force (Magic Missile, 12 damage)

Seemingly frightened by this assault, the creature scales the walls, allowing Clericowicz to finally make his first blow against the fleeing opponent. The weapon strikes true against the fleeing target, striking bone, but not seeming to slow down it's assent (1 Strike, 17 damage.)

Morekal also takes the opportunity to swing at the creature as it ascends, attempting once again to bring forth it's long awaited death, but the weapon seems to brush off it's touch skin, dispite hitting it head on. However, the aura of cold around the weapon seems to make a mark. (1 Strike, 14 damage)

After making his ascent, the creature turns it's hateful gaze over towards Wizardamos, pointing at him accusingly. A dull gray ray darting out and crashing into the wizard's chest: (The rest is pending his fortitude save)

Behind the Scenes: (PLAYER NO LOOKIE!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Wow...That was a hell of a round for the opponent.

Tsartajius: 100/157hp

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Wizardamos' Fort save: (1d20+13)[20]