New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might Soundstage F

Carrion Crawler's AoO:

AttackOfOpportunity - (1d20+4)[16]
    if success:
    Paralyzation - (2d4)[8] rounds of Paralysis.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Whew, 16 doesn't hit McBardington. CC3 takes 22 damage and it's your turn.

3. - Top - End - #243

Wait...Since you are using Ranged Attacks, and close range, and my Carrion Crawler has multiple AoO attempts..I'm gonna use 'em.

AttackofOpportunity2 - (1d20+4)[24]
    if success, and you fail fort save:
    (2d4)[5] Rounds of Paralysis
    AttackofOpportunity3 - (1d20+4)[14]
    if success, and you fail fort savs:
    (2d4)[6] Rounds of Paralysis

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

...And that's the second time I completely forgot about 5' step. Can I rewind a bit and take a 5' step before that full attack action? If I can't, does multiple ranged attacks really provoke multiple AoOs? Cause damn, no way would I have subjected myself to 3 of those if I had another option.

5. - Top - End - #245

Yes. so long as you have Combat Reflexes (Which I do) you can attack as many times you want so long as there is an Attack of Opportunity there for it. Example: Casting a spell in melee range, then running away. Each one warrents an Attack of Opportunity that you can capatlize on..so long as you have Combat Reflexes.

So yes. Three point blank shots with a ranged weapon warrents three Attacks of Opportunity.

And you are tearing into my weakness as a kind DM...however, seeing as how (Whether you want to believe it or not) you are on the winning side of this perticular encounter...I'm gonna have you roll that fort save.

If I didn't have Combat Reflexes, I would have only had the one attack..which failed, and we would have moved on normally.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-15 at 09:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

#*(*&($##@& So that will teach me to ask that question before my turn. AoO number 2 hits, does that mean that attacks number 2 and 3, which actually hit, don't happen?

Fort save: (1d20+6)[16]

7. - Top - End - #247

As I see it. Your first two shots are made before the paralysis was hit. Thus Attack 1 and Attack 2 were made. Since Attack one missed, and Attack two hit. I will take 11 damage total

However, Mcbardington feel the paralysis rush over his body once again, as he attempts to fire off another shot.

Your cleric's turn Signified the end of Round 3.

Morekal has 4 rounds of Paralysis left.
    Mcbardington has 5 rounds of Paralysis left.

The 'larger than normal' crawler finally pulls in Morekal, and attempts to bring it's massive jaws down on the Dervish's neck.

(The Damage Done: Player can look)
    Spoiler
    Show

Carrion Crawler is attempting to Coup De Grace Morekal. (Fortitude DC = 10 + Damage Dealt) Damage is auto-crit. Success means you just take critical damage. Failure = Death)

CriticalHit - (4d6+4)[17]
    Fortitude DC = 27

(Behind the Scenes: NO PLAYER LOOKIE!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Carrion Crawler 1: Dead
    Carrion Crawler 2: 8/19hp
    Carrion Crawler 3: 45/56hp (Huge Creature)
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-15 at 10:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Morekal's Fort save: (1d20+11)[13]

At this point I'm sure there's something else around here, but I will at least make sure these damn Crawlers die before I do.

I'm assuming it's Wizardamos' turn now. Oh, and I'm glad I thought of this now. Do those things threaten squares on the diagonal? Specifically if Wizardamos moves into and out of E16, will CC3 get an AoO? Do CC1 and 3 both still have concealment? Could Wizardamos hit both of them with Scorching Rays from his current square at E18? I await your answers with baited breath.

And Morekal's dead now, surprise surprise.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-16 at 07:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Rahl22 View Post
    I'm assuming it's Wizardamos' turn now.
    It is

Oh, and I'm glad I thought of this now. Do those things threaten squares on the diagonal?[
    Yes. Everything does. Attack of Opportunity apply for any 5 foot square that is ajacent to them.

Specifically if Wizardamos moves into and out of E16, will CC3 get an AoO?
    Normally, you wouldn't be ok, but I have expended all my Attack of Opportunities from Combat Reflexes, and they don't refresh to use again until it is that creature's turn. As such, you can even move right into E16, and fire your spells, and there isn't a thing I can do about it.
    Do CC1 and 3 both still have concealment? Could Wizardamos hit both of them with Scorching Rays from his current square at E18? I await your answers with baited breath.
    Yes, both of them still have 20% miss chance.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 10:48 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250

The Map:
    The Map

The Damage done So far: (Player can Look)
    Spoiler
    Show

It is in the middle of the Third round.

The Party's mage, seeing the direness of the situation set off two rays of searing heat. One of which managed to scorch a Crawler out of existance (18 points of damage) while the other, irritated by the blow (15 points of damage) did not let go of it's prey.

The third carrion crawler then made it's appearance, moving through the roots and brush on the cieling to get next to the paralyzed bard. Once there, it attempted to kill its prey with a strike to the neck. In its haste, however, blow failed to strike any vital spot. (Bard took 12 points of damage)

The party's cleric managed to fire off a Remove Paralysis on the party's bard, allowing him two unleash a barrage of arrows into the crawler next to him. In his haste, however, he did not concern himself with his own safety, and was once again feeling overcomed with the numbness of the crawler's residue (paralyzed for 5 rounds).

The bard managed to fire off one critical shot, however, puncturing deep into the crawler's worm like body. (11 points of damage.) The creature let out an ear piercing cry, and spasms a bit from the severity of the blow, but seems rather relentless on it's persuit for food.

The larger of the two remaining carrion crawlers then took the time to deliver a fatal bit to Morekal's neck, killing the would-be hero instantly.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 11:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Wizardamos will stay where he is for the moment and cast Fireball centered on E12. Note that this is far enough away that McBardington won't get hi, and Morekal doesn't much care anymore. :) The save DC is 19 for this particular spell. I'm not sure how concealment works with a blast like this though.

Fireball damage: (9d6)[32]

Depending on the results of the spell, he may continue to stay where he is or he may move.

Woohoo for slightly over average damage. Also I don't know if you saw my PM, but can you post the squares the monsters are in since the site the map is on is blocked while I'm at work? Thanks.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-16 at 11:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

ReflexSave1 - (1d20+3)[23]
    ReflexSave2 - (1d20+2)[10]

Since cc3 is a 10 foot long creature, he does get cought in the blast. Concealment doesn't matter with an AoE spell such as Fireball (You can't have a miss chance with something that engulfs a 20 foot radius. Cover would..but since the roots aren't really providing solid cover, that doesn't matter.

Also, I am unclear as to whether or not Fireball makes lasting fire. i.e. after the explosion, stuff still burns. Regardless, I'm gonna rule it as though your blast burns away the roots and crap in that 20 foot region...denying consealment for anyone in that area.

13. - Top - End - #253

The Carrion Crawler next to the paralyzed Mcbardington burns to death before his very eyes, falling from the cieling in a charred husk. Even though Mcbardington can't express it, the party can assume he is very thankful.

The larger Carrion Crawler that was happy feasting on Morekal's body thrashes about in agony as it is covered in flames for a brief moment, taking damage from the spell.

(The Numbers: Player can look)
    Spoiler
    Show

My 'beefy' Carrion Crawler made the save..much to my shock. Taking 16 points of damage from the odeal.

The other carrion crawler didn't really stand a chance either way, as with a save (That it didn't make) it would be dead anyway. With 32 points of damage, it is just really really crispy dead.

Only one Crawler remains, and it sits on E11.
    Mcbardington is paralyzed at F16
    Wizardamos slung his fireball in at E18
    Clericwicz is making sure his air is still there at E17

Initiative Order after Deaths:
    McBardington
    me
    Wizardamos
    Clericwicz

Clericwicz is up now.

Behind the scenes: (NO PLAYERS ALLOWED)
    Spoiler
    Show

Carrion Cralwer 1: Dead
    Carrion Crawler 2: Dead
    Carrion Crawler 3: 33/56
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 03:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Clericowicz will cast Flame Strike centered on CC2, and then will move to F14.

Damage: (9d6)[30] DC for the reflex save is 21. Just in case it matters, half the damage is fire and the other half is divine and is not subject to fire resistance.

McBardington is down to 4 rounds of paralysis, and it's your turn again after CC2's save. Also, was Morekal in F11? It will likely matter next round. :)

Wow, just over and just under average damage on 2 different 9d6 rolls. Oh well, at least they weren't both minimum.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-16 at 04:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

The Map:
    The Map

ReflexSave - (1d20+4)[17]

A swirling vortex of holy fire opens up near the cieling of the cave, bring forth a vertical rush of divine flame upon the huge creature. The ear piercing cries continue as the worm like creature flails about, scorched, bloodied, and barely alive.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 05:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

The Carrion Crawler struggles to get near Clericwicz, flailing out at it with a single tentacle in a desperate attempt to paralyze one of it's prey.

AttackRoll - (1d20+7)[27]
    If successful roll Fortitude or be under Paralysis - (2d4)[3] rounds.

Positions:

Carrion Crawler 2: F14
    Clericwicz: F13
    Mcbardington: F16
    Wizardemos: E18
    Morekal's body: F11

Wizardemos' turn.

I wish Critical Hits with tentacles accounted for longer durations or something.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 05:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Von Clericowicz Fort Save: (1d20+8)[10]

Wizardamos' turn: he will move to D16 and cast Magic Missile at the Carrion Crawler.

Damage: (5d4+5)[17]

Blarg, I'm guessing Clericowicz is paralyzed now, but I'm also hoping that the last critter just bit the dust. If not, it's your turn.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-16 at 08:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

The purple orbs of force slam into the segmented creature with such impact that the crawler splits in two. Both parts writhe about for a few moments before finally settling down, twitching reflexively now and again.

Yes. Cleric and bard is paralyzed for a few more rounds, Morekal is dead. But for the most part, you seem to be out of immediate danger. Only thing that isn't to your favor is the piles and piles of half eaten elven corpses, most of them female, and a small majority of those looked pregnant before death.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-16 at 08:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ah so we're not finished? Fun. Well as soon as Von Clericowicz is able to move again, he will use Revenance on Morekal with Divine Metamagic (Extend). He is alive for 18 minutes and raised at half HP. He also gets a +1 to most things against the creature that killed him, not that he needs it. :)

So, are we still Sickened, and are Morekal's buffs gone?

20. - Top - End - #260

The Map:
    The Map

How it's all going down:

After waiting three rounds for Clericwicz to snap out of it, 7 rounds have passed in it's entirety.

All your buffs are still active, even Morekals (Since spells don't die with the person) with the exection of haste.

The feeling of sickness still overwhelmes you, but you can now see a passage towards the north. You deduce that the killer is further ahead, the crawlers were just scavengers that made a rather good living off the remains it left behind.

Your next post will begin Round 8.
    Behind the Scenes: (NO PLAYER LOOKIE)
    Spoiler
    Show

Having heard the ear piecing screams of the vermin, Tsartajius heads down into the basement to investigate. Knowing that the crawlers resided in that tunnel, Tsartajius took the time to barricade the opening to keep them from coming in, not wanting to become food himself, and seeing them as just alarms anyway.

The alarms worked. Tsartajius climbs the rough stone surface of the stone wall, to the left of the barricated enterance, awaiting to see what appears, if anything.

Tsartajius looks at the black pearl hanging on a string around his neck, but refrains from grasping it...whatever it is, he will take care of it himself, first.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Wizardamos should be at D16. Von Clericowicz will move to E11 and cast Revenance as I said in my last post.

McBardington will pull out his wand of CMW and use it on Morekal, and move to F10.

Heal Morekal for: (2d8+3)[17]

Wizardamos will move to F12

Oh, and Morekal will just stay where he is for now.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-16 at 09:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

The Map.

You sunk my Battleship!!!

Nothing happens on my end...

Round 9 starts on your post.

(I will resume tomorrow...early morning for work..need sleep)

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Von Clericowicz will spontaneously cast a Cure Moderate Wounds on McBardington.

Cure: (2d8+9)[18]

McBardington will cast Invisibility Sphere on Von Clericowicz and everybody will move together, staying within 10' of him so they stay inside the sphere. Everybody is keeping an eye out and listening for anything suspicious as well.

Ending positions are:
    McBardington - D8
    Von Clericowicz - E8
    Wizardamos - E9
    Morekal - E10

24. - Top - End - #264

The Map:
    The Map

Mcbardington finds himself standing just five feet away from what looks to be a sturty brick wall. A few more moments of looking, however, reveals some pinpoints of light shining through it. You can't see clearly what is on the other side, or even enough to speculate, you just know that this wall was man made, and while it was poorly made, it was obviously sturdy enough to keep those carrion crawlers from waltzing their way in.

Those who are doing the listening, Please make the Listen checks.

Nothing is happening on my side.

So after we clear up what you hear, we begin Round 10.

Behind the Scenes: (NO PLAYERS ALLOWED!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tsartajius awaits with a firm hold on a spot on the wall at E6, awaiting to see what walks through the passage underneath him. I am rolling his move silently check against his listen.

Since he did not actively state that he is making an attempt to move silently, I am going to assume his movements were heard. (As per the book, hearing them through stone would be a DC 20, which Tsartajius just barely has auto-success on.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

McBardington: (1d20+2)[17]
    Von Clericowicz: (1d20+6)[17]
    Morekal: (1d20+11)[21]
    Wizardamos: (1d20+1)[4]

Can McBardington also search the stone wall that isn't quite solid?

Search: (1d20+3)[13]

26. - Top - End - #266

Behind the Scenes: (NO PLAYERS ALLOWED)
    Spoiler
    Show

forgot the check.
    Move Silently - (1d20+27)[44]

The wall looks like a bunch of stones put shaped and put together to fit well on top of each other, but otherwise doesn't appear to be fastened together in anyway. Taking it down piece by piece to make a small passage to slide through would take a few seconds (One Full Round Action). (Would count as Rough Terrain, and only one person could get through at a time. To simulate this...if you go this route, I will have you post the first person's attempt through, followed by my actions, followed by the person that got through, then the next person that attempts to get through, etc.)

Taking it down completely would make for much easier transition from one room to the next, but would take a bit longer (1 full minute)

Also, the smell of death has lessened significantly (Though it is still there), thereby removing your sickness effect.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

The group takes a moment to discuss things, and decides to take the wall completely apart. After all, their buffs will still have 6-7 minutes left even after spending a minute to dismantle the wall, and Morekal is around for another 17 minutes.

Oh, and if he can, Von Clericowicz will take the time to cast Death Ward on McBardington since he will probably go in first.

Also if he can, McBardington will cast Good Hope.
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-06-17 at 09:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

I think it is funny that there is a spell out there that is effecitively a death sentance. Useful..but funny.

I am just going to say you cast death ward and good hope on the final six seconds of the minute.

So it is now Round 20...did McBardington enter the room? Or is that your next move?
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-17 at 09:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

McBardington will stealthily enter the room, keeping his eyes and ears open, relying on his low light vision to check out the area.

He moves to D6, still inside the Invisibility Sphere.

Move Silent: (1d20+8)[25]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[20]

30. - Top - End - #270

Behind the Scenes: (PLAYER NO LOOKIE!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Invisibility Sphere puts everything in a funk, as does Death Ward. A Spot check over DC 20 allows Tsartajius to be aware of an invisibile creature, which he barely auto-succeeds.

Going to roll a Listen check to see if I can 'hear him' coming in, then act accordingly.
    [roll=listen]1d20+20[/listen]
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-06-17 at 09:56 PM.