New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Escape from Tolmere Asylum

Upon hearing that he would have to serve this "Oengrin" to speed his escape from Tolmere, Sagary ponders for only a moment before announcing, "Fine. What can I do?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...even crazier than me..." Lucian murmurs, then suddenly says harshly in Abyssal, "I am no meat, tiefling!" He spits out the last word, almost contemptuously. "Tell me who you are, lest the wrath of a demon befall you!" His eyes gleam blood red as he says this, and his hands tighten around his blade.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sagary-

Tilzen opens his arms, palms up. "That's all I need, because I like you so much." He moves out of the way of the door, letting you in. This wing is smaller than the first, but is four floors high. Tilzen points to the top tier. "Up there, corner room."

Spoiler
    Show

Lucian-

The tiefling c0cks her head slightly, appraisingly. You don't know if she understood you or is ignoring you.

[enough free talk for your round]

edit: stupid word filter...
    Last edited by Jokes; 2009-06-11 at 01:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Sagary nods and walks into the building, allowing his eyes to slide closed and focusing on the flows of magic around him again. His ability to read the supernatural is keener than his mortal senses, after all, and he wants to be absolutely certain that he isn't taken by surprise here.

Climbing the stairs, he makes his way towards the corner chamber on the top level where he had been directed, staff held loosely as he uses it as a walking-stick but still ready to use at a moment's notice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for not making more enemies! And yay for apparently making an ally of someone with decent rank!

Anyway, perception and insight for reading Tilzen's intentions if they are false and for detecting possible ambush.

Perception - (1d20+11)[15]
    Insight - (1d20+11)[20]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So be it," Lucian murmurs darkly in the same blasphemous tongue. Then he blinks. Where did all that come from? Aw no...

A roaring ball of flame erupts from his blade, quickly engulfed in the same frozen fires, hurtling at the tiefling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hellish rebuke:
    (1d20+13)[27] against Reflex
    (3d6+7)[14] cold damage on hit, and (1d6+7)[13] cold damage plus 4 damage and an interrupt attack if she damages me before the end of my next turn.
    Provoked opportunity attack.

6. - Top - End - #96

The tiefling looks up at you, her dagger at her side, she gives you the "puppy dog eyes," while moving away from the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to G3
    Bluff - (1d20+15)[33] vs Passive Insight (21)
    edit: She gains CA until the end of her next turn
    Last edited by Jokes; 2009-06-11 at 02:02 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Should have done 5 more damage last turn, due to LA/Wintertouched]

Lucian isn't so much guilted into dropping his guard as surprised. At the obviousness of her tactic, and at the fact that a being of demonic blood would even think of using such degrading-

OUT! Pushing those thoughts away, he suddenly vanishes, causing the Tiefling to gape at the spot where he was not a moment ago. Yet as she does so, he reappears on her other side, and slashes at her, causing her to stagger back into the wall.

"Are you satisfied yet?" Lucian asks, in Common this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Armathor's Stepped into H3.
    Eldritch Strike, with roll and bonuses adding up to (1d20+19)[31] against AC.
    (1d8+14)[18] cold damage on hit, retaining combat advantage. Also slide her diagonally 1 into H2. And white lotus'd if she damages me. You know the drill.

8. - Top - End - #98

Before you get a chance to press her into the wall, she vanishes from sight, and you are left standing alone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mmm, immediate reaction (trigger is being hit by a melee attack) to teleport behind tree, then uses stealth to leg it. Probably should have rolled the stealth here, but she could only fail on a natural 1.

Further edit: Since I don't think she can teleport behind the tree, she teleports next to it, moves behind it and uses the stealth as part of her move action. So you at least know she headed east.

[Edit: looks like you've made an enemy too]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2009-06-11 at 04:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

[I can't roll perception to hear her running away?
    Or, if she's interrupting as I hit her, can I activate the daily of my Frost Weapon?]

10. - Top - End - #100

[Stealth is vs PP. And it's a Reaction to being hit, so you can activate you daily, if you want]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Okay, I'll do that. So, extra (2d8)[8] cold damage on top of that, and slowed. Is she still going to try to limp away?]

12. - Top - End - #102

[Yeah, she's going to try and avoid a fight, she knows when she's licked.]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucian dashes out into the center of the area, gazing around to see where she could have gone.

[Still got a minor and standard action.
    Forgot she should have taken 5 more damage when I teleported due to Slashing Wake. Sorry.
    Do I need a perception check (*shudders*), or is she in plain sight?
    I assume stealth is for noise, and not for sight, since she thinks she's hidden.]

14. - Top - End - #104

[Where do you move to? If you have line of sight to just behind the tree, then you can see her at M3]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Whoops, forgot; I was moving to H7.
    But she should have taken her turn after I attacked her, so she would have moved away by now. Granted, she could only have moved 4 squares, but still...]

16. - Top - End - #106

[She did move, that's all she was allowed. And I CBF extending the map. ]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucian strides over to the tiefling, sheathing his sword in a show of peace. Yet he does not release his magics on her, instead subtly weaving more magic around this enigmatic character.

"If you're satisfied that you can't win now,"
    Lucian smiles, "will you tell me who you are?"

[Moved to M4, Aegis of Assault'd her, sheathed sword with free action.
    If she attempts to run, I draw my sword as a free action so I can take the opportunity attack.]
    Last edited by Gawaeyn; 2009-06-11 at 05:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

The tiefling hisses at you and considers her position. "Sister." Breathing hard, she adds, in Supernal, "We will Consume." She drops her dagger and shuts her eyes. "Do it. Free me of this place. It is the only way any of us are getting out of here."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Why?" Lucian asks, this time using the same Celestial language as the Tiefling before him, "how do you know? Who are you?"
    Last edited by Gawaeyn; 2009-06-11 at 05:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

The tiefling looks at you incredulously. "You... you can't feel it?" She chuckles. "Typical men, always focussing on themselves. If you want answers, Matriarch knows, but I cannot take you there, only show the way. Follow, but do not follow, she cannot know I told." She moves away from you, then begins running east.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Actually, I was more focused on the wall over there," Lucian laughs, and runs after her (oddly silently, moving like a shadow upon the land; again). He sends out an eddy current of magic to do his bidding momentarily, before calling it back to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used my Disembodied Hand, RPed as a disturbance in magic that can affect stuff.
    Stealth - (1d20+13)[33]
    Last edited by Gawaeyn; 2009-06-11 at 06:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

[... Wait... Silent Footpads? I wish I'd seen that earlier. Silent Tool, ie shovel, crowbar, hammer. Footpads aren't a tool.]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Aren't footpads a piece of equipment to make you more quiet? Therefore Silent Footpads make you quiet... quietly...
    Logically the enchantment would reduce the sound of your footsteps even more. But I'll remove that item, if you so wish. ]

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Gawaeyn View Post
    [Aren't footpads a piece of equipment to make you more quiet? Therefore Silent Footpads make you quiet... quietly...
    Logically the enchantment would reduce the sound of your footsteps even more. But I'll remove that item, if you so wish. ]
    [All tools are equipment, but not all equipment are tools (shocking grammar there). You can move the enhancement to your crowbar if you like.]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Now what would the point be in that? I don't use my crowbar to run, do I? I'll just add back the 520 gold. Will there be an adventure after this that I can use it in? Actually, will there even be an adventure after this at all?

EDIT: Can I also take a short rest now?

And I think you know what I'm doing... ]
    Last edited by Gawaeyn; 2009-06-11 at 08:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Lightning goes through the south-eastern door.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Kasimira frowns when the halfling's question goes unanswered, an answer she would like to hear, before she speaks up, giving her best guess. "Most likely...such files would be...with the warden in his office. I wouldn't think...that the others here...would have much use of them." The woman turns back to the gambling inmates, giving him a flat look while she continues. "And where...exactly...would his office be?"
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

Just when you thought you had the advantage,
    A riddle backstabbed you for critical damage.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Jalean

Almost thinking the better of it, Jalean stops to let the shifter catch up to him. He didn't plan on trusting anyone in here easily, this was, after all, a legitimate prison, and while he may not have deserved to be here, surely many of these others did.

It can't hurt for now though. He thought. "Come on then, let's get going." With that he turns and enters the room Oengrin should be in.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

29. - Top - End - #119

Sagary-

You climb the stairs to the third floor, but you are stopped by another group of guards. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

Jalean, Lightning and Dusk (if following)-

You approach Oengrin's wing and are stopped by the guards. One seems to be moping a little, and another is a tall eladrin. The third, a human, stops you. "Good Gods, more of 'em." They move to block the door.

Kasimira, Baeryn, Jacob and Raheman-

"Yeah, they'd be up in the admin offices, with the Warden." Willitz points to the glass bubble on the wall.

Lucian-

[A short rest takes five minutes]

You follow the tiefling and see her duck into a darkened hole in the wall. Approaching it, you see that it used to be a door, splintered pieces of wood lie around you, and most of the brickwork has been badly damaged. Inside you hear many strange noises, certainly not human.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not the worst place I've been," Lucian sighs. He carefully enters after the tiefling.

[So... how much time has passed so far?]