New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1564
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    It's kinda based on Genies/Djinn, they get summoned and are supposed to do the magic stuff for the mage (need a pentagram to do it and if there's an error then it don't hold it and the demon probably kill you) which they try to do as quick and bad as possible (they do it too literally and you need to order them not to get seen to avoid them selling your secrets to the enemy) and if they get loose they can return to where they came from when they want and probably kill you for making them come (apparently they live in a kind of Limbo and order HURTS them) In Pyro's case he either went mad (thus not wanting to go home) or the wording of his last order prevents him from going back.
    Oh this, I'm quite familiar with it then
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    ...Seriously? He's running from grim in a dramatic movie sorta way.

EDIT: There's a line seperating the panels in row 2.
    I'd suggest switching the order of the two panels in row 2, it's more clear that way.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Orc in the Playground

Crim, did you give Grim any arms I can't see them if you did? Also I would seriously consider swapping the position of the two characters in the middle two panels around and making it one big panel. I think that would convey the message much better!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Troll in the Playground

^:There black lines against a dark background.

Made a few changes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-06-22 at 01:11 PM.
    ____

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Orc in the Playground

Much better!
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Oh this, I'm quite familiar with it then
    Not at all, in the bartimaeus books the pentagram is made with chalk (or for mass summons of imps or the like it is sometimes cut in the floor) and the mage need to be in one too (to give it orders and to protect you) the runes of them also controlled what punishment the demon could get and how much it could be asked to do, the demons power (transformation, conjuring stuff, scrying and explosive attacks mostly) are also the only form of magic in the books (except for summoning of course) so no flashy stuff. In that video it also looks easy to do while in the books even a mispronounced word in the spell or a minor hole in the pentagram would get you killed.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Troll in the Playground

Can we post FI comics yet?
    ____

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

FI has not started yet so I suggest you hold them yet, unless you want to make spoilery trailer-type of thing to give some first taste to us all

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Orc in the Playground

Just another thing what illustrating programs does everybody use here. I'm InkScape myself, what about you guys!

Also if anyone can give me any tips about shading on InkScape that would be ace, at the moment I just suck at it!
    Last edited by Fin; 2009-06-22 at 01:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Just another thing what illustrating programs does everybody use here. I'm InkScape myself, what about you guys!
    Same for me.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Troll in the Playground

Also if anyone can give me any tips about shading on InkScape that would be ace, at the moment I just suck at it!
    I use inkscape.

I make the group the object and make a copy of it. I make it black and make the opacity 76%.Then, work with the nodes so they bend around the lightsource.
    ____

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, anyone submitted a new thread to the mods yet?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1513

mad mask told me how he shades in illustrator and it translates into inkscape if you were wondering.

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Colossus in the Playground

Well that's obvious. Just use black and white shapes and adjust opacity.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

15. - Top - End - #1515

well, i use a different method, it keeps things uniform and makes it easier to swap the shades depending on the light source.

16. - Top - End - #1516

Not at all, in the bartimaeus books the pentagram is made with chalk (or for mass summons of imps or the like it is sometimes cut in the floor) and the mage need to be in one too (to give it orders and to protect you) the runes of them also controlled what punishment the demon could get and how much it could be asked to do, the demons power (transformation, conjuring stuff, scrying and explosive attacks mostly) are also the only form of magic in the books (except for summoning of course) so no flashy stuff. In that video it also looks easy to do while in the books even a mispronounced word in the spell or a minor hole in the pentagram would get you killed.
    It's intro for a game, it's suposed to be flashy.

And I wouldn't say that I'm "quite familiar with it" if I've saw this only in a single game. I read books too, so you're not telling me anything new....only how it differs from other books.....and games...

Or you can just use two colors at the same time....preferably basic color + black, it's much faster this way...

And I use inkscape too...
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-22 at 01:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Banned

Nilmerg Eht is not a soldier. He's Head of the Department of Supernatural Studies.
    Yeah, I just made that up. It fits, though. He can be alone most of the time, since his department is a small one (I would imagine there are only about 10 people in it, tops, and it's pretty rare that they're all in the HQ at once, since most of them are often gone looking for obscure writings or spell components). This may or may not factor into TJH.
    Out of curiosity, does TJH start, canon-wise, before or after FI starts?

18. - Top - End - #1518

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Nilmerg Eht is not a soldier. He's Head of the Department of Supernatural Studies.
    Yeah, I just made that up. It fits, though. He can be alone most of the time, since his department is a small one (I would imagine there are only about 10 people in it, tops, and it's pretty rare that they're all in the HQ at once, since most of them are often gone looking for obscure writings or spell components). This may or may not factor into TJH.
    Out of curiosity, does TJH start, canon-wise, before or after FI starts?
    Before FI, right after FFF ends....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-22 at 02:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Banned

So perhaps a few years afterwards?

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Troll in the Playground

So perhaps a few years afterwards?
    If you went some were for... let's say vacation, would you stay there a few years before going home? You know, not like a nice hotel on the beach, but like a dark cave with man eating monsters.
    ____

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Banned

If you went some were for... let's say vacation, would you stay there a few years before going home? You know, not like a nice hotel on the beach, but like a dark cave with man eating monsters.
    Umm...what does that have to do with it? I'm asking when TJH starts.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Troll in the Playground

^: It's called the journey home for a reason.

Right after.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-06-22 at 02:58 PM.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #1523

According to wiki, first successful D-jump was made within 1 year after FFF....So more or less 2 years after I guess....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-22 at 03:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Banned

^: It's called the journey home for a reason.
    If you've read the wiki, you'll see that they took a while to figure out how to get home.
    /\Ah, thanks. Okay, my idea can work then.

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

According to wiki, first sucesfull D-jump was made within 1 year after FFF....So +-2 years after I guess....
    There has been 15 jumpsa so I'll say less than 2 years.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Banned

There has been 15 jumpsa so I'll say less than 2 years.
    As long as it's about a year. As long as the ALF has been started before they start TJH, it's fine.

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just something I noticed:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

now then felynd couldya do me a favor and not do a comic for a while? I want to work on WTwU
    You do realize she cast soulbind on you, not plane shift?
    She cast plane shift so she could get the heck outta there in case it didn't work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Troll in the Playground

I wondered about that.
    ____

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Ogre in the Playground

But he's Rand, so he travelled back in time to cast a mind effecting spell so the drow thought she casted Soul Bind while in fact she did not cast anything at all and made an illusion so she thought she casted Plane Shift on herself instead of on Rand.
    Damn Marty Stues... l:( (
    See, it's perfectly reasonable !
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-06-22 at 04:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much every character in ABR is a Marty Stu.