New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default [BleachitP] Episode 11:"Action of the Romantic Variety! Satoshi's Big Date"

(This thread is primarily for myself and Hollow_Zaraki. If others want to take part, please ask us by PM or in the OOC thread.)

Satoshi Tsukami, Captain of the 2nd Division of the Gotei 13, walked down the streets of Seireitei with Greta Gabriel, lady Bount.

They reached the edges of the Court of Pure Souls, and stepped into the outer sections of Soul Society.

This area was nicer than others, albeit not home to the nobles.

"There it is. Uriel's Kitchen. One of Soul Society's better restaurants, in my opinion. You can order pretty much anything there. Shall we?"

He offered one of his arms to Greta, waiting to see if she'd take it as they stepped forward.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [BleachitP] Episode 11:"Action of the Romantic Variety! Satoshi's Big Date"

Greta slips her arm through his.

Ooh, really? How'd you find this place? I've been looking everywhere for somewhere that does food from somewhere other than Japan. I travelled all over the world in the old days, so I got used to a wider variety of foods than can be found up here...
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachitP] Episode 11:"Action of the Romantic Variety! Satoshi's Big Date"

He smirked.

"You live a century or two, you find a few things."

They came to the door, the maître d'hôtel opened it for them.

"Ah, Captain. It is good to see you. It has been, what, 5 years?"

"Six years, actually. Alfred, this is Greta Gabriel. She's a friend of mine. We'd like a table for two, as much privacy as possible."

"Tsk, of course. Only the best for such an important customer. And the lovely lady, of course. Right this way."

They were quickly seated. They were given menus, drink orders were taken, and they were alone.

"So. Like I said, they've got a little of everything here. We get enough people from all over in this...jurisdiction...that we have cooks of all types. Pick whatever you like. I've got it covered; Captains get pretty decent pay."

4. - Top - End - #4

Zombie

You know, for an afterlife, this world operates very similarly to the real one, says Greta, looking at the menu. It's not bad, but it's no utopia. I've had so many questions whirling round my head since I got here.

Do you ever get people who are angry and disappointed that their vision of the afterlife wasn't true? Why don't you start introducing higher levels of technology? What's the deal with all these huge skyscrapers, what do they actually do? A lot of them seem pretty much empty.

She looks up from the menu as the waiter approaches. I'll have your finest white wine, please, she says sweetly. And for my main, lobster, with white peach sorbet for my sweet. She smiles at Satoshi. I hope you weren't lying about your pay.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi raises his eyebrow.

"I'm frugal." he says with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'll have the Darjeeling White. For my main, a filet mignon, medium well. A Ceaser salad. A bit of the house bread. And I'll be finishing it with some chocolate ice cream."

After the waiter was gone, he smirks.

"The Gotei cooks serve nothing but Oriental style food. There's variety, but after about 200 years, I'd had every possible combination. Found this place, and I've developed a few favorites."

He sits back, crossing his hands in front of him, his eyes distant.

"It's definitely not utopia. We do get some people who get upset. There are actually counseling offices scattered in Rokungi. Ultimately, there are...options...for those too dissatisfied; souls from here do return to the mortal world for rebirth after a time."

He pauses for a moment, thanking the server for his tea.

"As for technology...the frank truth is, some people try. The 12th Division is dedicated to technology, though it is...odd...sometimes. But remember, many of those in charge out here are centuries, or even millennia, old. Change comes slow to such as them. I'd like to think of myself as more progressive, but I still get wary about "new-fangled" things. Imagine whole councils of people 10 times more hidebound than me, who have to approve any major implementation of technology. Daisuke can overrule things for the Seireitei, but he's only one man. And...well...he's not young. He gets stuck in his own ways sometimes too. I suppose if there was some way to have a better survey of what advances had occurred in the mortal world, we might have a better time getting some of them here."

He chuckled.

"The towers? I'm actually not sure. One of those things they don't really tell guys like me. I'm sure some of it is for future expansion if necessary, but some of it...I just don't know."

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

Greta nods, then laughs and sits back. Sorry, this is a date, not an interrogation. It's just those are questions that have been rattling around in my head so long, I jumped at the chance to ask someone in the know.

The waiter comes with the tea and wine. She picks up her glass and takes a long, slow sip, closing her eyes.

Excellent wine.

Anyway. Tell me a bit about yourself. How old are you? I know a lady shouldn't reveal her true age, but when you're immortal, the point is rather moot. I'm 191. I'm guessing you have even more years behind your belt, you cradle-snatcher, you.
    She smiles to show she is joking.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi smiled.

"It's fine, you're curious. I'd be worried if you weren't curious, really. Curiosity is the mark of a strong, inquisitive mind. I like that in...in a woman."

He coughed slightly in embarrassment.

"Um, I'm about 500 years old. Went into Shinigami Academy fairly early, graduated at about 50. Made lower-seated officer about 120. Made Vice-Captain at 250. Made Captain about 150 years ago, so when I was around 350. You get my age, you round off a lot. And you don't look a day over 82, Greta."

He said the last part with a wink, smiling the whole way.

8. - Top - End - #8

Zombie

Greta, who had been taking a sip of wine, now laughs and almost sprays it over the table. Sorry, she says through her giggles. My God, Satoshi, you really have a way with compliments. I guess that comes with 500 years of experience? She quirks her mouth up at the corner. It's hard to tell if she's being sarcastic, but if she is, it's light and teasing rather than biting.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Greta, who had been taking a sip of wine, now laughs and almost sprays it over the table. Sorry, she says through her giggles. My God, Satoshi, you really have a way with compliments. I guess that comes with 500 years of experience? She quirks her mouth up at the corner. It's hard to tell if she's being sarcastic, but if she is, it's light and teasing rather than biting.
    Satoshi shrugs.

"You call me a cradle-snatcher, I start teasing. Truly though, you are a very pretty woman. I've not taken time before now to really notice that on, well, anyone, but I've seen a broad spectrum. And yes, 500 years gives a...unique...perspective on life. Or...afterlife, I suppose."

He's smiling rather widely now.

"Ah! Our food has arrived. Thank you, Alberto."

He nods at the waiter.

"That looks good. I think I'll have to try the lobster next time."

10. - Top - End - #10

Zombie

Greta smiles at the compliment. Wow... The best in 500 years? Thank you. See, now that's a compliment.

She looks down at her lobster.

I'm not even going to ask where they caught this, she grins, tucking in. And hey... I don't much like being a damsel in distress, it's not something I'm used to, but... You've saved my life twice now, Satoshi. It's not often in a girl's life she gets to date a genuine hero.

She looks down bashfully at her meal.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi chuckles in an embarrassed manner.

"Well, I'll admit I've not really dated...well, at all. Just haven't had someone make it seem worthwhile, you know? But...I feel like we've got some spark or something."

After taking a bite, and savoring it, of his steak, he gives a lopsided grin.

"Of course, saving you a couple of times must count for something. And I'm not hero; just a man using his talent to help other people. I'd like to think any decent person would do the same, in my place."

12. - Top - End - #12

Zombie

I think like that too, says Greta. There aren't really heroes or villains... Just people with skewed interpretations of what's right. She looks into Satoshi's eyes. And those who know what's right.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think like that too, says Greta. There aren't really heroes or villains... Just people with skewed interpretations of what's right. She looks into Satoshi's eyes. And those who know what's right.
    "Heh. Well, know, and do the best we can. I'm the first to say I'm not perfect. I tend to be gruff with a lot of people. I think it's just...I dunno. You see enough, and you try not to get too buddy-buddy with too many. But it happens anyways..."

He lingers on memory lane for a moment, then shakes his head.

"Really, I've spent most of my time these last decades doing paperwork and training. Having speed like mine means you have to work at it, even though I've always had a knack for it. That, and hand to hand combat. Everything else, just kind of fell into place."

14. - Top - End - #14

Zombie

Greta smiles. I hope you're not that speedy at everything. She coughs. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

There is a pause.

And when you say you're good with your hands... Okay, I'll stop now. You make it too easy. She laughs.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Greta smiles. I hope you're not that speedy at everything. She coughs. Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    Satoshi, being Satoshi, totally misses what she means. Eyebrow raised, he says "Well, I don't eat fast. It's rude, messy, and gives me indigestion."

Pause. Bite. Chew. Swallow.

"And I like to take my time polishing my sword." He gives a firm nod of assent to this statement.

There is a pause.

And when you say you're good with your hands... Okay, I'll stop now. You make it too easy. She laughs.
    Satoshi's eyebrow goes up further. He feels like there's something he's missing, but he doesn't know what.

"Well, the Commander did give me this book on pottery. I don't get to do it much, but it's actually quite relaxing when I do. I've not done anything really fancy, but it's a cheap gift for parties."

He gives a cheesy grin at that line.

The poor sap has no clue what she meant.

16. - Top - End - #16

Zombie

Greta just smiles. You're doing this deliberately now, she says disapprovingly.

Before Satoshi can say "doing what?" or something to that effect in a genuinely bewildered voice, she says, suddenly looking serious again, you know, I think about them a lot.

The other Bount. The ones who died because of the Espada.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-06-26 at 06:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi looks genuinely confused at her first comment.

He's so naive it's sad, really.

Then she talks about the other Bount.

He tentatively reaches a hand over to her, offering it for comfort.

"I don't know quite what to say, other than that I do understand at least somewhat. I think about the friends, comrades, and subordinates I've lost already, too. I fear losing more."

His face gains a look of resolve.

"Then I remind myself. They wouldn't want me moping. The best thing I can do in their memory is continue the fight. Work to not give the Espada any purchase. To, hopefully, one day defeat them and their twisted master."

He pauses.

"I think we can do that in memory of the fallen Bount, as well."

18. - Top - End - #18

Zombie

Greta smiles. I'd... I'd like that.

I mean, don't get me wrong, some of them weren't particularly nice. Roland liked to call himself "the Lion" and was generally a bit of a prat. But Krystal, she had a doll based around the earth - she was nice under her harsh exterior. And Koji was sweet.

None of them deserved to die.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"It's rare that anyone deserves to die. Even Hollows and Arrancar, in their own twisted way, are often victims, at least initially. That's why we Shinigami purify them. The person who started their afterlife, and was twisted, didn't deserve such a fate."

He squeezes a bit tighter.

"I promise you two things. I'll do everything I can to help end the threat of the Espada. And I'll do everything I can to protect the remaining Bount. Though, I have to say, I'll probably be focused on watching out for you a bit more than the others."

He winks at this.

20. - Top - End - #20

Zombie

Oh, Satoshi, says Greta gratefully. She smiles at him.

Together, me and you, we'll take out the Espada and tear down Las Noches. We'll find Hans Rojak and take revenge for everything he's done. We won't let them get the better of us, Satoshi. Good always prevails.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

He smiled.

"It does, though I'm not so proud I can't admit I'd need help from some of the other Captains as well. Not that you're not capable help, mind. But two versus...probably a dozen or more Arrancar, plus Hans...That's not the kind of odds I like. I prefer to use every dirty trick possible to stack the odds in my favor. There's no such thing as a fair fight, after all."

22. - Top - End - #22

Zombie

Can we even rely on the other Shinigami? asks Greta doubtfully. I mean... When I came here I knew you were fighting the Espada, and I thought you'd be good guys. But so far all I've seen is infighting, squabbling, suspicion, I heard there was some 11th Squad guy killing people... And the only one other than you who seemed halfway decent was horribly crippled.

Compared to Soul Society, the Espada seem united as one, and I can't help but feel that we're going to need every dirty trick in the book if we are to win. And maybe we'll have to write in some new ones as well.

She flicks back her hair.

Don't worry, Satoshi. I only recently got thrown into this war... But I know which side is in the right, for all its faults. And I'm going to fight until the end.

By now, most of the meal has been eaten. Greta signals for the waiter.

Sorry to bring a downer on this. Now how about that walk?

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi dabs his mouth with his napkin, having finished his ice cream. He pays the tab, leaving a generous tip, then stands.

Offering his arm to Greta once more, he says "A walk sounds fabulous. Let's go."

After they've walked for a bit, Satohi begins to speak again.

"I understand your concern, and to a degree, I share it. But I'm not the only "decent person" here. Commander Daisuke is a great man. The other captains are all good people, in their own way. Some just have more...abrasive...personalities. To be honest, I've been one of those in the past. It's part of my "mystique". Fear. Fear and surprise. Fear, suprise, and theatricality. These tools are as indispensable as my sword. Each captain has quirks like that. Our diversity just shows our greater degree of humanity; the Espada are likely cowed by Toho into obedience."

24. - Top - End - #24

Zombie

I shouldn't have brought all these bigger issues into this. Tonight should've been fun and light, not this deep and heavy. Greta sighs, then looks at Satoshi as they gaze up at the stars.

Let's stop talking.

She leans in for a kiss.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yes. Lets."

He leans in to complete it.

*Cue romantic music*