New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of Myth IC

Well i would appreciate him not dieing, he is a fun toy, and a good servant, but as for the deal. As soon as the other gods get wind of what is going on, they will unite against us, we need all the allegiances we can get in this time of need.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"I doubt he feels the same way. But then, consent was never really an issue for you, was it sister?" Then he smiled. "The other gods will not unite. They cannot see beyond their purpose. Each wishes to bring their own brand of civilization, and consider the others their rivals for worshipers and influence. That is our strength." He began pacing, blood splattering the floor as he did so. "I have a promise to keep. I must strengthen my realm and consolidate my power. But I will be ready soon." His eye blazed. "Then you will sit by my side and watch the world burn." Suddenly he stepped forward and made a fist, bringing his right thumb across her forehead, leaving a red strip of blood. "Wait for me sister."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #63

Before he leaves, she grabs his hand are you sure that there is nothing else i can do for you while your here? It would be a honor to help serve you in any way i could. Her eyes seem hungry, besides you have deprived me of my entertainment tonight. I need something to occupy my time.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna looked at the army that had come to save him and smiled at them. That smile and gratitude seemed to bless them (or curse them). They became different from humans and developed a strong curiosity. They became Roamangs, the priests of Plrna. Plrna in a burst of god like power freed the grey birds and set them to travel the world.

Plrna then started to go back to the city-state of Set. So called because the settlers at Set, thought it was where the sun set after they followed the sun. At Set, Plrna was content to allow his Roamangs to tell of the true story of who kidnapped their children.

Plrna left with four of his Roamangs, to go to his house. As he travelled the day’s journey to the house he watched the animals that scattered when the group of them started to get close to them. Plrna came to the building and sent his Roamangs in there as Plrna looked at one of the rare trees that grew there.

Plrna, borrowing some tools and an axe from the Roamangs, cut the tree down and crafted a small wheel out of it. Plrna saw that it would be important and that it would be his totem.

Days Passed. People carrying goods left Set to go to their neighbouring city.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis ran his hand through her hair, leaving clots of blood in it. But she didn't shy away from his touch, instead nestling closer as he lifted her up in his brawny arms and carried her to the bed, still crimson with her lovers gore.
    Putting her down roughly he stared at her, his one eye misted with lust. I killed today, he thought, you are my reward.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

To Rav: "We must wait, soon after we complete our quests, I am sure that these deaths will stop. I am sure it is not only I who has been forced to kill a powerful demonic being in order to complete my quest. I am sure that once we ascend back to the heavens with our god hood, the deaths will all stop."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis pulled her close for a minute, so that she fell against him. His body was warmer then natural, almost unpleasantly so, and every inch was hard, grizzled muscle, none of the fleshy padding that presents pleasing of contour. His sinews felt like steel cables, and try as she might she could find no softness, not a wasted spot anywhere. His beard and hair were like silk, in sharp contrast to the body beneath them, that felt like cracked leather.
    Then he turned, pushing her away. "I have an oath to consider. I am leaving, sister. But I do not think we are finished here. I will return tonight." He growled, his voice thick with what may have been lust.
    She pouted, but he was unmoved. "Whip up a tempest for me. Let the mortals feel your anger. Or pick another lover. We both know the fun part is breaking them. Once their yours they stop being fun." He said, then left without another word.

The Northern Breen Mountains howled as a wind blew, bring sleet and snow. Past the glaciers and the Icebergs of the raiders was a land of total cold, where even the hardiest human could not long survive.
    At the peak of one of the tallest was a rime encrusted tower, somehow even colder inside then it was outside. The ice formed great, improbable shapes on the surface of the stones, great whorls and swirls that no man would never see. And at it's apex sat Illindri, the frost Mage, Kysis's brother, as he clung to the last vestiges of his mortal coil.
    There was a hiss, and a few feet from him the ice began to melt, as blood traced deep furrows in it, following it's shape to trace the swirls of the stone. The ice turned to water, but the water did not dilute it, instead dripping away to freeze again. At last a great pool formed, and a man began to take form, muscles sliding out of the pool, then hair, then lastly skin. It was only when the figure as fully formed did the pool at last succumbed to nature and froze over.
    White robes formed around the figure, and he strode forward, blood dripping from his right hand to melt the ice it landed on with a hiss, only to be frozen in turn.
    "I have come, brother. As I said I would." He said, his voice a rasping cough. "And I am prepared." He finished, indicating the armor beneath his robes. "Show me your enemies, so I may take their lives."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-07-01 at 05:46 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #68

Wraght sighing begins cleaning up the bloody mess her brother made of the room, well on the bright side at least i can use my magics to clean it a little, after 2 hours of scrubbing, the room is clean. Rodricks body hmmm, she throws it down the stairs. Well now what am i going to do for fun.....
    Winds begin rocking her castle storms rolling above it, they begin to rain down black hail and red lightning, its a display that can be seen from many miles away. And suddenly it stops, Then she gets angry again and it starts, only this time the winds reach about 140 degrees farhenheit [ugh im tired of these men, i need to get a woman in here] she thought to herself. She goes down stairs to pick out a ruby blade for her brother, i need one that i can gift to him, and he will see i am serious about making this alliance work. The storm continues for about 14 hours.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

To Plrna

Spoiler
    Show
    "God of travel, it occurs to us that some form of a pact may be useful between us. My first priority is the protection of the Underworld and we realise that anyone with means of divine travel may endanger its safety. We are already working upon a means of preventing traditional travel to the island, the details are unimportant but if implemented should work but one such as you could easily circumvent my efforts. If you inform us of anyone seeking your help to gain access to my domain I would grant you a boon of your choice, assuming of course we find it a fair trade"
    Last edited by Jair Barik; 2009-07-01 at 11:57 AM.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

To Rav

Spoiler
    Show

"Sure. That seems fair to me. I presume that part of that is me not giving them help and then telling you! Ha!"
    "Out of curiosity, do they good have the same afterlife as the pure evil?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

To Plrna
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Naturally, although you would have no obligation to tell them why you wouldn't be helping them"
    OOC:Don't know about the afterlife yet. Am asking Omnik whether or not they exist or need to be created.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath

Of light. Korath was standing in the rain looking at a statue of h is wife. It was an amazing statue, lifelike in every detail. Any craftsman would have been proud to call it a masterwork. It was perhaps Korath's best work, and it should have filled him with pride...except. Except it was a grave marker. It had been a senseless death, one that could have easily been prevented. Honua had lost her balance and fell off the roof. Korath had tried....oh, he had tried. His powers of healing hadn't worked for some reason. She had taken one last look at him, squeezed his hand, and then died.

Korath felt lost. She had been the first person he had met when he arrived in this realm, and he had known her for...20 years? 30? Now she was gone. He hadn't even felt her soul leave. She was just....gone.

Now standing forlornly in the rain, he struggled to cope. But.....he still had his daughter. Turning back to the house, he saw her watching him from the window. There was a flash....
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jair Barik View Post
    "Garland, Iours it would seem you have both slain a beast of great power who's soul is now confined to my domain. Would I be right to assume you are both Gods of some power now?"
    To Ravarthis+Omnik
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ravarthis, yes, I have earned my position and power now. But Karmoth is not dead. He is merely sealed away in slumber from my Wand. His soul may have passed through your realm on its way to it's place of imprisonment.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

To Wraght
    Spoiler
    Show

"It seems that binding the soul of a God is beyond my power... at the moment. Perhaps another boon?"

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Surely, you cannot be serious!

The magistrate of the town, which Ahmua learned to be called Sal-Yamir sat at the end of a long table. Sitting next to him was a small, dirty girl who must have been only ten years old. He had called a meeting with the major merchant house leaders and various lesser lords who more or less controlled the city and had just described his plans for a hostile takeover of the city and it's trade lines.

You know for a fact, Magistrate, that there is nothing your ragtag group of soldiers can do to us. Our own private armies...

Have received word from you to relocate to some of the surrounding roads to ensure trade be uninterrupted and have not received any other commands. You'd be surprised just how helpful the slum rats whom you ignore are at gathering information unnoticed. You'll need new messengers by the way.

But our garrison here... The Emperor...

The captain is already dead and the local militia is currently routing your sorry garrison. Also, I don't think the Emperor would mind, seeing as I am more loyal to him than you sorry asses. Tell me... How much real combat experience do your boys have? How will they fare, outnumbered

He grinned nastily at the sputtering merchant lord. His own armed guards came into the room and surrounded the guests.

You know what to do... I need to prepare for my coronation.

As he left with the small girl, he could hear the shrieks and sounds of metal cutting through tendon and bone.

------------------------

Ahmua sat on the top of Sal-Yamir's town hall's tower, looking at the landscape. She had conquered this beast without lifting a finger or spilling a single drop of blood. A few promises here, a suggestion there, and they did all the rest. Also, she became recognized as a deity among the town's rulership as well as in the dirtiest slums.

She had grand plans for both of her branded followers. They did not know it yet, but they would be the first examples of her lasting mark on the world.

For now, though, she would examine the other gods. She had not spoken to one of her siblings, yet, and she was curious.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-07-01 at 09:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

Plrna took off to travel once more, first travelling the now well worn path to Set's neighbouring city state. He walked quickly yet still smiling at all the merchants he passed and taking in the sights. After all, what's the point in travelling other than the memories?

Coming into the city, Plrna noticed that there seemed to be another deity like himself in this city. Concerntrating for a moment, he found at who it was, Garland.

To Garland:

Spoiler
    Show

Where are you?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm in the City Council Chambers. Come in please.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2009-07-01 at 10:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

Plrna asked one of the passing people where the City Council Chambers were, getting directions he ten started his walk to the City Council Chambers. When he walked into the room he took a long look from left to right before continuing in.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The curious magicians just stared at the newcomer. It was a very long ways away from the next city. Even across the sea. How he managed to get here so soon after the literal neutering of Karmoth, they couldn't guess. News couldn't travel that fast.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

Plrna looked at the people, it was a long journey here even turning into a shark in order to cross the water and turning into a hawk to cross the land. "Hello, what are you? Wizards? Now where's that Garland fellow? He's a god. Like me."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

They seem a little surprised. "Oh, another one. Just go he's right in there."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

"Another one?" Said Plrna curious as he slowly walked to the door, opened it and then he wlked through it.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Garland

"Hello. . . I can't say I was expecting you, exactly. . but I knew you would come. I am Garland, the wizard. You would be? . . . "Plurna!"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

"Plrna." Said Plrna as he looked around the room, interested about what position Garland held in this far away city. "so, have you seen any of our other brothers... or sisters, of course."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Garland
    "No, but I suspect Eunok will be angry at Karmoth for a long while for stealing his name." . . . Garland continues. "I haven't seen any of the gods. I personally think that it would be best to keep a low profile among us for now. Anyways is that the only reason you came here?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

"No, I was just in the neighbourhood and thought we should meet up and talk. I'm travelling the world you see and going to every major city I find. Speaking of which, do you know where the nearest city is? No use getting lost, is there?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"There's an abandoned, dragon graveyard that stretches for many miles to the north. . . We've moved in there, and have begun setting up wards."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

"Well, thank you. Nice seeing you." Said Plrna as he went outside and started walking to the dragon graveyard.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

To Plrna
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tell me brother have you heard from Kysis? His messangers have flown to the Underworld not long ago, it heralds war we believe. He is prone to violence and we see no reason why he would not seek dominion over the other Gods. If it comes to a conflict we are curious, with whom would you side brother?

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plrna

Spoiler
    Show

"We? Who are you with?"
    "I haven't seen or been contacted by Kyskis. What did the heralds say? If it came to contact, to be perfectly honest, I can't chose a side based on people but if he was the aggressor then I'd probably side with you."