New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of Myth IC

Kysis smiled as he heard the winds whistle around him even as he watched the last stages of the ritual be put into place. The wind danced, whipping up storms the like of which had never before been seen on this world. Chaos and destruction, no matter their cause, were beautiful.
    "I'm watching sister." He whispered into the wind, so softly even those standing next to him likely missed it. "Dance for me. Let me see the result of your labors. Impress me."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Illindri sat in his tower now... Meddling with Arcane components, and grinding many a weird far eye ball into powder for use in his newest jump of arcane genius. Around him smoke wafted, and mad faces began to swirl, and dance in the room. He raised a powerful, bone, hand into the air chanting "Orior oriri ortus , Splendidus Mortuus vinco of Gelu!
    "

and a cacophany of lightning erupted from the cauldron, all of the smoke in the room swirling as if a massive singularity existed at the center of the room, and a thousand mad cackles erupted from the spiriling alcoves, a thousand dead men ripping their ways free of the catacombs that were part of the stairwell. However, the magicks were far from finished, and he continued to chant, ominous latin filling the room as a hundred undead mages joined in the chanting, a single phrase being uttered in unison.

"Excitate, liberi mori!"

Now, the room falls to silence, and a single ice crusted hand pops out of the cauldron, the culmination of the ritual hitting it's peak, and Illindri moved to assist the newest creation out of the cauldron, and he handed the being a robe much like his own.

"Welcome to the Throne of Rime, Charles."

Then, as silently to the world they arised, they fell back into the cold shadows, and Illindri decided to go to his brother Krysis, his work done for now.
    "I apologize for my tardiness, I had some trouble with the warp matrix during teleportation."

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major acts to create the Rime Blessed (Special Cold based Undead.)
    1 more Major acts to create Charles, Supreme Rime Master. (Exarch)
    1 minor act to inspire my people to stay to the shadows, and to work in secret.
    1 minor act to boost the tower up to Artifact level, making it a nexus for cold based magic. Fire spells are weaker here, and Cold are stronger.
    Throwing in my ceremony with the magic school creation.
    1 major act to make the area around the Tower MINE with a ground ring turning the land to Everfrost.

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-06 at 09:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

The ceremony was almost over. Tz'Aren simply needed to do his bit. He spread his arms over the landscape and began to speak in the ancient Language of Giants now only used for... well things like this.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke and Korath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I lounged back in my chair, pondering. "Well, if there's any god that's skilled at creating from scratch, it's me. Of course, creating sentient creatures from the substance of dreams might have a negative impact on their sanity - tiny, tiny bit of insanity. So little you won't even notice it. Honest." I grinned. "Of course, creating them from scratch will allow us to... mold their personalities a bit. Make them a bit more prone to be craftsmen or warriors, perhaps?
    What's your opinion on the matter, Korath?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath and the Duke

Spoiler
    Show

Well...I suspect craftsmen make the best warriors. And of course fighting is as much an art form as any other.

I suspect that's not what you meant however.

Insanity....define a "little". Otherworldliness is fine, as is a different view on life and time. I'd be a little annoyed if they turned into homicidal maniacs however
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir made no immediate comment, as is her nature to consider all terms that are spoken.

"The Kwahim and Humans form a symbiotic relationship. For good or for ill, this is the way it is. I do not have strong disagreement with those terms you have suggested, though it would be a lie to say my misgivings and dread are entirely assuaged. Ever that the predator and prey form a mutual alliance against calamity, the predators are always hungry, and the prey always afraid of the predator."

"You have suggested creating a new magic, and of this I am also curious to hear more. However, I already have a previous commitment to my brothers at this time, though I do not rule out my aid in the future. It will take the three of us combined, and only so, to complete the task we have in front of us this evening. Should we prove successful, and after some rest, I would be happy to discuss further your plan and my own. The shield I wish to make is much more complex than this alone, and I would desire your cooperation in the future..."

After a while longer of discussion - mostly on more idle things - she bows to her sister and begins leading her back to the front doors of the Athenaeum.

"I'm afraid time does not stop even for us, elder sister, and I must be returning to my brothers whom are also my guests here tonight. I apologize for the hastiness and rudeness of this meeting and would better prepare myself to host you again when you return, should you desire. Likewise, I would be more than happy to tell Duke of your interest in conversing with him, unless you would rather send a private message yourself. I hope that we will meet again soon. Until then, farewell Ahmua."

Korath & The Duke
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologize for the wait, and will soon return."
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2009-07-06 at 11:23 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Garland and Mir

Garland had great respect for Mir. Mir was, in fact, Garland's most respected god. He decided to visit Mir in the hope that he could receive her respect as well. Garland came to Mir in the hope of having her wisdom forever.

As Garland came to Mir, he was intently seeking her. Perhaps as a freind for now, or even a lover, in time. Magic and wisdom, were both two sides of the same coin, in Garland's view.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2009-07-06 at 11:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke and Korath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm sure you've noticed that I'm not all there, myself." I began to fade out of sight for emphasis. "Probably nothing more than an instinct to see things in terms of a story and a slightly skewed view on time and life as you said. They'd have about as much chance of becoming homicidal maniacs as I have - ha ha ha ha HA HA H- hem. Ahem. Sorry about that, happens occasionally, keep knives away from me and I'll be fine." I gave Korath a disembodied grin before my body started becoming visible again. "Anyway, that might be what I meant, might not be what I meant. I'm not really sure myself. Mir might know what I meant, though - little sis is a goddess of wisdom, after all."

Spoiler
    Show
    I love fleshing out my character's personalities through roleplaying - The Duke apparently loves to mess with his siblings.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath and the Duke

Spoiler
    Show

*Raises a divine eyebrow*
    Quite. You do realize I see stranger things on a regular basis right? No matter. I don't mind violence, I just want to make sure that since we're creating this race to help the humans, the do so rather than just killing them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello, god of Artists. He's used to being around....unhinged...people.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke and Korath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, you are patron of those who are most closely connected with my realm, so that's a given. Though... you haven't seen me at my strangest by a long shot. Heh.
    Anyway, we've both got the same aim in mind there. Humans... they're so good at dreaming. Simple, ordinary humans... they've got depths hidden so deep even I can't find them unless they let me. Plus, I think The Land is attracted to them. Might as well keep it - and by extension, me - happy."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath and the Duke

Spoiler
    Show

True. I'm thinking one of the things we should include is a sense of mystery. Humans should see them and wonder. Anyways, we are agreed? Sister is getting rather popular, so perhaps we should get started.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke and Korath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I leaped from the chair, flipping up onto the table - not spilling my glass of wine, of course. "Certainly! Let us create these men of the gloaming, brother!" I whispered to Mir as I let my body be a conduit to The Land - Come, sister. Let it begin.

I howled at the sky as I began to form their mortal bodies from The Land's endless possibilities and forms - beautiful and wonderous fair, almost perfect in their attractiveness. Tall and well-proportioned, strong and enduring, quick and slim. The best possibilities of humanity, all gathered in one enchanting form.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Ceremony - Create Elves
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2009-07-06 at 02:31 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

The Awakening

Spoiler
    Show

As the bodies formed, Korath pulled part of himself and placed it into the newborn vessels. Art, Joy, Compassion: All of these were woven deep into the newborn beings. A love of life, a steady hand, a gift for creating, and eye for beauty: the newborn would have an innate ability to craft things that were more of what they should be, more of the ideal.

Yes! May our children prosper and compliment the races of man!

1 Ceremony spent to empower.
    1 major act spent to gain Item Creation as an ability
    1 Major act spent to gain Crafting as a domain

1 major, 3 minor acts left

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

The Awakening Part II
    Spoiler
    Show

As Mir appeared at the side of her brothers Korath and Duke, she closed her eyes and dove deep within the realm around her. Thousands of glyphs surrounded the new vessels as she wrote a myriad of shimmering symbols. Into these new beings she poured as much of herself as she would dare. To these newborn she gave the knowledge of life: of love and sorrow, the courage to experience and accept with resolve those things that life can throw. Patience and pity, yet steadfastness and tenacity; Loyalty and friendship. She gave to them eyes sharp and discerning, and minds appreciating the subtle and mysterious ways of the world. A love of writing and those arts which she held dear. To this new race Mir gave the longest lifespan so that they might come to experience the fullness of existence and from this gleam knowledge and do more good. But the most precious gift Mir gave was the deepest of wisdom; to know right from wrong more clearly; to seek prudence and virtue more surely, and the earnesty to pursue just lives of good.

With this final act complete, Mir reached out to her brothers and gave a mirthful smile, more genuine than any of them had seen in a long time.

"And it is done. May their lives be long and blessed."

Use 1 Ceremony to conclude the creation of the Elves
    2 Minor acts remaining

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

The ceremony reached its climax and the Snake glowed with the energy of a Demi-God. Ravarthis smiled "It is done. Go serpent, return to the Underworld to judge the souls, decide their fates." The serpent swam off leaving a wake of rippling waves.

"If you will excuse us brothers we have much work to do, things are happening, things of importance, and we must return to the Underworld ourselves." With that Ravarthis flew apart in a cloud of thorns and was gone.

@Duke
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You do not speak to us brother. We can already tell that you are one of thos who does not sit idly by as the world changes about them. Meet us within the Underworld, come alone, we have much to discuss brother, oh so very much."

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis turned to Tz'Aren, then opened his mind, connecting it to Wraught, Illindri and Savage, and calling back to Ravarthis. Then stretching further still he brushed Ahmua's mind, almost gently.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a proposition for you all. As each of you have no doubt felt, our siblings have invested time and power into magic, seeking to teach their worshipers in this way. In itself this is not wrong, however one brand of humans should never be allowed to become too powerful. I suggest we create an opposing force, a 'Void Magic' if you will, in combating this, available only to our followers. It will take as many of us as possible, for it must be able to match any creation but that of another god.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

After combining her skills with those of her brothers, the three had seen to the blessing and spread of the Elves as they would.
    Korath & The Duke
    Spoiler
    Show

ooc: if you two want to do anything else/special with them please go ahead... for now I'm writing this as if assuming some conclusion has come to their present affairs. Right, and Amhua is looking for you Duke.

No sooner had she finished her previous labors and seen her brothers off that Mir sensed yet another visitor to her sanctum. As she met the God at the entrance to her sanctuary, she bowed in greeting
    "Garland, it has been a long time since we have last met, I trust you have been well?"

She motions for him to follow her inside the Athenaeum, and up to a spacious cloistered chamber permeated with soft silence, save for the occasional swishing of the leaves in the wind. She offered him a seat at a beautifully engraved marble table.

"Your visit here is not entirely unexpected brother, yet I gather there is much you wish to discuss."
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2009-07-06 at 05:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

As garland came to the peak of the mountain, Ahmua was still there basking in the sun in her more or less human form. She cracked one eye open an looked garland over before closing it again and stretching her head back.

Popular, isn't she? I didn't come here specifically on her behalf, but still...

She rolled over onto her stomach, her elbows propping her up and her hands under her chin.

So, what brings you here, oh Wizard? The others are still busy making her pretty-people. I'm in no hurry.

She suddenly opened her eyes as the summons from Kysis reached her.

Hold that thought...

With surprising dexterity, she hopped up and slid into the shadows cast by a large boulder, seemingly disappearing.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

No sooner had she finished her previous labors and seen her brothers off that Mir sensed yet another visitor to her sanctum. As she met the God at the entrance to her sanctuary, she bowed in greeting
    "Garland, it has been a long time since we have last met, I trust you have been well?"

She motions for him to follow her inside the Athenaeum, and up to a spacious cloistered chamber permeated with soft silence, save for the occasional swishing of the leaves in the wind. She offered him a seat at a beautifully engraved marble table.

"Your visit here is not entirely unexpected brother, yet I gather there is much you wish to discuss."
    Mir, I have been thinking about you for a while, and I couldn't have helped but notice that I respect you above all other of our figurative "siblings". I wish to have a partnership with you, as well as Rilcar, as I have noticed that wisdom is intrinsically linked with magical powers and spells.

I have also noticed that you highly respect the "inferior", and I use that term loosely, below. I too, want to protect them from unpleasant fortune as well.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir smiled at the compliment.

"Brother, I thank you for your kind words. I do agree that the power which mortals deem 'magic' is of vast ability, and surely none know more of it than Ril-cer and yourself. It is a power that, without wisdom, can cause more suffering than good. This of course, you well know. I would believe your earnestness in helping our human brothers and sisters, and yet you call them inferior. Please know that their strengths are tied intimately to our own. Should we hold them in contempt, we limit only our expectations, as they may still surpass them alone. If we favor them highly then with our aid they may excel perhaps beyond even the dreams brother Duke can see."

As she speaks, Mir holds The Ledger of the Dawning Age and casts a glance at it in silence. When she looks back at Garland, she is her young adult form.

"Ever am I prone to lecture. Even though I do welcome your aid and offer my own, you speak of a partnership Garland...yet of what kind and what terms you offer are still hidden. If you would, I would hear more."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"
    Ever am I prone to lecture. Even though I do welcome your aid and offer my own, you speak of a partnership Garland...yet of what kind and what terms you offer are still hidden. If you would, I would hear more
    ."

"I feel as if our mortals below are their own men and women, and I know they are no worse or inferior than us. Hence my emphasis on the word inferior that I spoke earlier."

"I think that we should go to Rilcar and create our own Triparte alliance. A mortal organization inspired by Rilcar, you, Mir, and I, Garland. Wisdom is linked obviously with teachers, and magic without ambition lacks the kick it should have with it."

"Perhaps a city created by all three of us, when the time comes, where all three of our countries may go to for influence, and a headquarters for the entire world's wizards."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ kysis
    Spoiler
    Show

we will have to wait until my powers have recharged some brother, but once they have i will gladly aid you in this

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir's response is a while in coming as she considers the proposition.

"...Then I will aid with your endeavors as I can. Though the afffairs of wizards lies more within the domains of Ril-cer and yourself, often they too are scholars and to those whom would turn to me, I will give my help."

She stands and looks wistfully out over the landscape for a moment before returning her gaze to Garland.

"I will be ready to depart, when Ril-cer and yourself are ready to continue this discussion."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Wraught
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kysis shook his head. "Come anyway, sister. Think of this as a show of solidarity. This new type of magic is only the begining. What I truly intend is to form an aliance, and to do that I will need your assistence."

Kysis walked over and sat on a rock, watching the waves lap the shore, resting his chin on his left fist, the mark of his sin still dripping from his right. Tz'Aren had remained behind him, and Ravarthis had stopped moving, apparently considering his proposition.
    "Who will be brave enough to come?" He pondered briefly. "And who to fearful?"

Mir
    Spoiler
    Show

A raven flew along the mountainside, past the point that Ahmura had left, until it stopped next to Garland and Mir. Landing awkwardly it hopped over to Mir, where it stared at her feet glassily. "Kysis would like a word with you." It croaked, and she felt a dark and brooding pressence brush her mind.

"Sister, I have a request. Please hear me out." It growled, and when she made no mve to stop him he continued. "I am working on creating a new brand of magic, one which I call 'Void Magic,' or 'Null Magic.' I do this to restore equality, for one brand of power should not rise to dominate all things. I beg of you, join us and dispense your wisdom, whether you deem this wise or foolish."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-07-06 at 06:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath

Brother, Sister: I feel this will benefit all involved. Thank you for your help. I wish to reiterate that both of you are always welcome in my domain.

*glancing at Mir*

When we have both rested, we will discuss further protections. I bid you both farewell.

*at that, Korath leaves. When he returns to his temple, he begins work on a new totem.*
    Spoiler
    Show

1 major act, create a new totem. I will discribe the totem in a later post.

3 minor acts remaining.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feh...

Ahmua strode forth from the shadows before looking around and dipping a toe in the water

It is quite vain of you to assume that you command that much fear among your siblings.

She turned, playfully kicking some water at Kysis.

So, what is this about not wanting one group of humans to become more powerful than the others? More powerful than what, I ask? Your own humans?

27. - Top - End - #267

The ground frosts over, and lightning begins to strike, Wraght appears before kysis, as the winds still blow around her, cutting into the stone. She appears very tired, how can i help you brother?

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir appears in her young adult form, holding The Ledger of the Dawning Age at her side. She regards the gathering with an unsurpised expression, and nods to them.
    "Kysis....You asked for my aid by pleading to my domain, and I have come to hear your proposal, though I reserve my own council presently."

29. - Top - End - #269

(looks to mir)

Long time no see

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir turns to Wraght with her hands together in greeting.
    "Elder sister. It has been a long time since we last met. I see you have been busy of late."
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2009-07-06 at 06:56 PM.