New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ghosts of Progress IC (Fallout PnP)

"Gideon, take Frank into custody and collect his weapons. Lex, help me stop the runner, kiss him with the vehicle if you have to!"

Deftly grabbing a pair of bolas off his belt, Hardin quickly tosses the weighted ropes at the escaping soldier, Jameson dropping like a wet sack as the unconscious grunt is unhanded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (2d100)[59][95](154) vs 62 Throwing
    Target is immobilized/knocked down on hit. Target remains immobilized until making a successful Strength test.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Azumi sighs as she stays where she is, making sure not to make any threatening moves. Why does crap like this always happen? We gotta get to the councilman fast to save him!

She addresses the nearest guard. "Please, good sirs, the life of Councilman Maynard is in danger...but it might not be for long. He might DIE in the immediate future if the good doctor here doesn't treat him in time. I implore you both to let him through. If you really want, keep ME here as insurance or something? We really ARE harmless."

Roll under Speech of 97% base + 40% Sex Appeal + 30% Baby face (of applicable) (1d100)[74]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Team Alpha

Hardin's bolos wrap around the man's feet as he tries to flee, sending him quickly into an impromptu dirt nap. He emits a faint moan as his head strikes sharply against the rocky ground, and then lies still.

Team Beta

The guard removes Hank's medical bag from his backpack and eyes him with a stern glare. Rifling through the bag to confirm that it indeed contains medical supplies, he hands his gingerly to the ghoul.

All right. Take him into the office. Maybe you're on the level. Maybe you're not. Either way, little lady, you're staying with us as collateral.

Hank is shuffled into the office where another pair of guards stand careful watch over a crumpled, bleeding form on the ground. An initial glance seems to indicate a couple of gunshot wounds in his abdomen and one in his chest. Maynard groans slightly but does not seem to be fully conscious or aware of his surroundings.

Back in the lobby, the guards watching Azumi lower their weapons slightly and gesture for her to take a seat in the waiting area.

Sorry, miss. We hate to inconvenience you like this, but we've got to make sure your friend there is really what he says he is. And keeping you here with us is the best insurance we've got.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Hank drops his backpack when he enters the room and shoos the two guards away from Maynard. "Last time I checked gawking at a bleeding guy wasn't part of performing first aid." The ghoul takes off his mantle, exposing his skeletal build, and wraps his scarf around his lower face to prevent something from dripping out of his nasal cavity or through his always visible teeth.

"You sure chose a bad time to get shot up, a full schedule is waiting for you." Hank cuts open the man's clothing and after a quick glance starts treating the patient, first making sure he doesn't bleed out later on and then taking care of the rest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Medicine (First Aid) 98% (1d100)[53]
    followed by Medicine (Doctor) 108% + 10% (scalpel) (1d100)[84]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lex guns the engine and chases down the fleeing soldier. As the soldier falls, Lex hits the handbrake and slides the jeep, ending up a few feet away from the soldiers face. Lex casually opens the door and steps out, then stands over the downed man. He prods him a little with his foot. "Hey, you gonna get up?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Azumi flops down onto a seat, as directed, her short fkirt flying up slightly for a brief moment. She adopts a 'I'm friendly and cheerful!' smile as she waits for Hank's inevitable reports of success.

"It's no trouble, good sirs. This is nothing compared to what I think this mean WARLORD will do to us if his army like, rolls into town. Have you heard anything about that?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Team Beta

Staunching the councilman's wounds, Hank manages to quickly extract three bullets from the man's torso. It's relatively clear that whoever attempted to assassinate the councilman was either inept or hurried, as none of the shots were carefully aimed, missing the vast majority of vital organs. Maynard may not wish to run any marathons anytime soon, as one bullet scraped his right lung, puncturing it. Fortunately, Hank's medical kit is well-stocked for the occasion, and the potentially-fatal wound is under control, at least for the time being.

Than..ks... *wheeze*

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"You're welcome as long as you don't forget my face." Hank finishes putting on the bandages and packs his equipment together. As he looks around the room for clues about the idiot hitman and simultaneously considers what would be the most likely courses of action that guy or gal might have taken, he addresses the guards.

"Now, gentlemen, as I'm apparently treating Councilman Maynard as of now, would you kindly get the good sir into a bed with competent security in or around the room, consider a double agent in your staff working against you and stop suspecting the young lady in the lobby as well as me of being part of this pathetic murder attempt?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sherlock Hank mode engaged!
    Perception 7 (1d10)[6]
    Intelligence 12 (1d10)[4]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanking his comrades for their support, Hardin briskly goes about the business of binding the captured soldiers with his length of rope, retrieving the last from beneath Lex's foot. With the scouts set aside in the camp, he then carefully goes about collecting their weapons and munitions.

"Definitely McCarthy's men, no doubt about it now. We should commence interrogations as soon as possible. Lex, see if you can find any weapons I've missed, my eyesight's unfortunately rather poor."

He looks over the group closely, their features slightly blurred through the pall of his myopia.

"Do not worry. You will be treated as well and justly as circumstances will permit. I sincerely apologize for the earlier violence. Unfortunately, our particular course of action seemed the best way to minimize the danger of the situation."

Reassures the mutant, seating himself across from the men, his broad, knotted face visible in the flickering glow of the fire.

"You will not be mutated and even if we had the facilities, we would not countenance it without your permission. My own mutation and those of many others were involuntary and compelled, something we found rather difficult to live with for many years; I would not want to impose such misery upon others."