New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Isle of Sahu (Good Party)

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny tim View Post
    better than his...
    Phew, thought the locals were going to take pitchforks to us.
    Guess Arzimon needed to get some of the aloofness out of his system.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 12:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC:
    mine was questioning the kid though. But don't you need to make another roll to check for crit fail?
    Last edited by tiny tim; 2009-07-08 at 10:58 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Miss Nobody.

Spoiler
    Show

I Am A: Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

No, that's only saves and attack rolls.

With skill checks a natural 20 is not always an automatic success and a 1 is not always automatic failure.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-08 at 11:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ivan (Tiny Tim), Caeric (FalconKnight06):

H-he's small...and he's blue...and...and he's very shy! Iggy does not like new people, unless they are my friends. Oh! But Iggy LOVES Trout! He bothers Samantha for pieces of fish from her kitchen, and Gretta the Grocer merchant HATES Iggy...a lot. Oh...Samantha is the Innkeeper. She is so nice, and Iggy likes her a lot. The boy keeps talking over and over about other nonsense after that, including the one time where both he and Iggy proceeded to scare off a kobold all on their own once.

When keeping to question him on what Iggy is, you keep getting simple answers such as: He is blue, about the size of a small dog, and he is very shy, and wily.

Arimon (Elvenblade):

You poke around in the Inn looking for any gossip or information that might apply to any certain situation. You hear a lot of talk about a local gnome gambler that has somehow made a killing off a winning streak in a game of dice, many of them believe that the gnome is cheating somehow.

Kelsin (Milskidasith):

Times fare rather well in this part of the world, Caretaker. For some reason, the orcs and the lizardman have taken to warring against each other, instead of against us. The guard then speaks softly towards Kelsin, a soft smile uponhis face.

But between you and me, I think this might be the time to strike at them, while their eyes focus on the other enemy. Maybe make a bit of coin out of it, too. A chuckle. Offer to help the lizardman kill the orcs, then return with the deed done. Shrugs Perhaps even make a truce out of the deed. If not, one less enemy to deal with, eh Caretaker?

Zaric (Shocker4484):

You are pleased to find that your tracking and hunting instincts have not rusted with a lot of time spent on ships, as you manage to track down, and slay a large, plump rabbit not far from the walls of the city.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"Things are much easier when all you have to do is run up and bash the ogre on the head..." mutters Arzimon to himself. He'll continue to try to gather information about anything odd.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information:
    (1d20-1)[16]
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 12:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

Ivan seeks out Arimon
    The boy said that Iggy is blue and about the size of a small dog, he also likes trout and bugs Samantha, who is the innkeeper, for scraps from her kitchen and that Gretta, the grocer marketer, hates him. I think we should question Gretta. Agreed?

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, there are foul things afoot...let us go question this Gretta."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

I see no reason not to strike the Orcs now; it should be very beneficial. If you could just give me directions to the camp of the lizardmen, I will be off.

After getting directions, Kelsin heads off towards the Lizardmen's camp.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-07-09 at 09:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Ivan goes to the market next door and questions Gretta about the disappearance of Iggy.

Spoiler
    Show

gather information.
    (d20+1)[15]

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Arzimon will use his last gather information check (16) to question Samantha.

Change of plans: first, he'll instead go to a guard and ask what's happening around these parts.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 01:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Upon making your way into the large market place barn, you notice the place has been divided into sections. Immediately to your left lies the weapon shop, while immediately to your right lies a place to buy your armor.

In the back of the barn, underneath the second floor, lies two more shops, the left one being a potion shop of sorts, the vials of colorful liquid on the shelves illuminated by colorful light behind them. The right is a second of the barn devoted to food and drinks. You are unable to see what is upstairs, though a large set of stairs stand not 15 feet in front of you.

Making your way to the grocers reveals the old woman that must be Gretta working on cleaning some fresh tomatoes. She seems genuinely irritated when Ivan and Caeric appear before he, but upon hearing the questions, lights up with a smile.

That pest is gone?! Boy, you best not be fooling me. You have no idea how excited this news makes me feel. That blasted pest has been ruining my fish for months now. And what does that boy do? Pay for the food his pet has destroyed, and that is only because his parents force them!! I'll have you know my husband works hard and long to catch those fish, and my customers are very annoyed that I can't produce what they desire.

Her voice sounds shaky, and her words seem hasted, as if she wants you out of here right now.

Arimon (Elvenblade):

The only guards you are able to find are those down south, near the exit to the town. As you begin to head down there to proceed questioning, you notice the halfling priest that aided you in the basement finishing up his talks, and proceeding towards the gate to head out. Upon questioning the guards, many of them reply in much the same manor that Caeric got, though a few of them believe taking both sides out would be far more beneficial, if they did it. Take everything they have, and use it to buy a boat, or start a shop.

Caeric (Milskidasith):

Having been told that the lizardfolk keep lies in the center of the island, favoring the west side, you are prepared to head out into the woods due north. You were told that the creatures reside in a slowly sinking keep that is surrounded by swamp water and dying trees, described as an incredibly odd and sudden change in the scenery.

Adem (Demons Eye):

You are one of the strangers that came from the see, are you not? Before you are able to continue your reading into another book, a short human woman addresses you. Before looking at her, you can tell by her voice that she is young, perhaps in her mid 20s. Mogget watches the woman with cautious eyes, the cat was never one for company it knew its master didn't know.I'm sorry if I am interupting..it is just not very often you see an outsider reading up on Our Lord of Suffering.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-07-09 at 04:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Dice Rolls no one should see:
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]

13. - Top - End - #103

Wow...that 'wait 60 seconds before posting again' ****ed up my dice roll...

Dice rolls no one should see:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bluff - (1d20)[7](7)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Arzimon will run and catch up with Kelsin, asking him what his plan of action is and whether he can help fight the orcs or lizardmen.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 01:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler
    Show
    Milisdeth's name is Zeric, mine is Caeric
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh," calls out Arzimon, turning his head back toward Caeric and Ivan, "tell me how the mission to help the child goes, I'm going to go fight some orcs and lizardmen!"
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 01:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    My name isn't Zeric! The Shifter is Zeric. I'm Kelsin. Ugh, we are one defunct group. Why am I the one who knows the names? I have an intelligence of seven! >_<

Kelsin heads out towards the lizardman camp. He looks around and tries to see everything he can about the place. He steps carefully to avoid getting mud on his clothing. Once he gets there, he attempts to arrange a meeting with their leader.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check to see all the guards posted on the keep/anything useful (1d20+3)[5]
    Diplomacy check: (1d20+3)[20]
    Sense Motive check: (1d20+3)[7]
    Listen Check (1d20+3)[12]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as he can get directions, Arzimon will go toward the Orc camp.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 01:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: NVM, he edited his post. I'm still not Zeric!
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-07-09 at 04:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How about just bashing up some Lizardmen together? And what is your name then?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:

Quote Originally Posted by Ixahinon View Post

Upon making your way into the large market place barn, you notice the place has been divided into sections. Immediately to your left lies the weapon shop, while immediately to your right lies a place to buy your armor.

In the back of the barn, underneath the second floor, lies two more shops, the left one being a potion shop of sorts, the vials of colorful liquid on the shelves illuminated by colorful light behind them. The right is a second of the barn devoted to food and drinks. You are unable to see what is upstairs, though a large set of stairs stand not 15 feet in front of you.

Making your way to the grocers reveals the old woman that must be Gretta working on cleaning some fresh tomatoes. She seems genuinely irritated when Ivan and Caeric appear before he, but upon hearing the questions, lights up with a smile.

That pest is gone?! Boy, you best not be fooling me. You have no idea how excited this news makes me feel. That blasted pest has been ruining my fish for months now. And what does that boy do? Pay for the food his pet has destroyed, and that is only because his parents force them!! I'll have you know my husband works hard and long to catch those fish, and my customers are very annoyed that I can't produce what they desire.

Her voice sounds shaky, and her words seem hasted, as if she wants you out of here right now.

Arimon (Elvenblade):

The only guards you are able to find are those down south, near the exit to the town. As you begin to head down there to proceed questioning, you notice the halfling priest that aided you in the basement finishing up his talks, and proceeding towards the gate to head out. Upon questioning the guards, many of them reply in much the same manor that Caeric got, though a few of them believe taking both sides out would be far more beneficial, if they did it. Take everything they have, and use it to buy a boat, or start a shop.

Caeric (Milskidasith):

Having been told that the lizardfolk keep lies in the center of the island, favoring the west side, you are prepared to head out into the woods due north. You were told that the creatures reside in a slowly sinking keep that is surrounded by swamp water and dying trees, described as an incredibly odd and sudden change in the scenery.

Adem (Demons Eye):

You are one of the strangers that came from the see, are you not? Before you are able to continue your reading into another book, a short human woman addresses you. Before looking at her, you can tell by her voice that she is young, perhaps in her mid 20s. Mogget watches the woman with cautious eyes, the cat was never one for company it knew its master didn't know.I'm sorry if I am interupting..it is just not very often you see an outsider reading up on Our Lord of Suffering.
    I think the DM got confused in his reply to Arimon. After reading and rereading, I think: Kelsin is the one going to the Orc camp. Caeric, Ivan ,and Arimon are helping the you child find Iggy. And Zeric is out hunting for lunch. That I am aware of Kelsin was alone when he was told about the Orc problem.

Ohh yea and Adem is still in the temple that we started in. Reading in the library.
    Last edited by Shock4484; 2009-07-09 at 05:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Arzimon will still head toward the orc camp.
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-30 at 01:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

OoC:

This is humorous. :P I am now confused as well..so I am pausing IC play for a moment to get a lowdown of where everyone is, before I begin again.

This is what I have:

Ivan and Caeric are investigating the disappearance of someone or something named Iggy, and are currently at the grocers.

Arimon, bored of helping the kid out, went to talk to find a guard, and see what is happening in the local area. He discovers that Kelsin was just there, asking the same thing, and relays the information about how there is a tribe of orcs and lizardmen in the area warring over each other. Both of them got the impression that the warring did include the town of Kreskalat, but for some reason, the tide has shifted.

Arimon and Kelsin are now outside of the city, Kelsin with the intent of talking to the lizardman (Perhaps to see if he can get a reward out of slaughtering the orcs for them).

Arimon is forgoing any talks with the lizardmen or orcs, and is just gonna slaughter orcs just cause he wants to sink his blade in something, not worrying about additional money he might get from working a deal with the lizardman. This could make Kelsin's working harder, unless he convincers Arimon otherwise.

Zeric is out in the wilderness, eating a rabbit he just caught. (This next part answers your PM, Zeric) During his tracking, hunting, and such, he has noticed sets of tracks around the area, they look orcish in nature. When following them, they seem to head in a westly direction, but you have not bothered to follow them yet. You have also (Since your check was high enough) spotted a great deal smaller set of tracks, likely from a four legged creature, and they look three-toed in appearance.

Adem is spending his leasure time reading up on local religion.

Also, make sure you are labeling spoilers..not sure if I should be reading those or not.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-07-09 at 06:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, Arimon is going to seek out the orcs and "bring them to justice" unless someone convinces him otherwise

25. - Top - End - #115
    Banned

The spoilers without labels are OOC stuff; and the DM has the rights to know all spoilers anyway, doesn't he?

Anyway, everything listed is about right. I got a good diplomacy check, too. >_>

26. - Top - End - #116

Dice Rolls The Party Shouldn't See:
    Spoiler
    Show

KelsinRandomEncounter - (1d20)[7](7)
    ArimonRandomEncounter - (1d20)[19](19)

27. - Top - End - #117

Ivan gets the feeling that Gretta might not be telling the whole truth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive
    (d20+2)[7]
    and if that succeeds

I don't think your telling me the whole truth Gretta, and that little boy out there really misses his little friend. If there is any information you might have forgotten i would be very pleased if you were to disclose this to me at this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

diplomacy
    (d20+1)[16]

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

28. - Top - End - #118

Kelsin (Milskidasith):

OoC: I've kept your Diplomacy and Sense Motive Rolls, but the walk to the lizardman keep isn't a short jaunt. So I rolled for Random Encounters. End OoC.

Following the directions you took from the guard, you travel through the forest towards the center of the island, after a few miles travel, you eventually come towards a place where the scenery changes abruptly, almost as though you aren't in a tropical area anymore. The ground is covered in fetid, standing water, and the foliage around the area is dead and dying. Doing your best to make your way through the area without stepping into too much water, you start to notice thick spiderwebs connecting between trees and the like.

The hair stands on the back of your neck as you feel as though you are being watched.

Arimon (Elvenblade):

I'm gonna need Spot/Listen checks from you as you make your trek towards the Orc camp. (I'm gonna try to make can in a map of the island as soon as I get my scanner working again)
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2009-07-09 at 06:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Kelsin looks around carefully, and listens to the best of his ability. He also intones a prayer to Sarafina to see what the future brings.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+3)[6]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[12]
    If successful, Knowledge check on the creature(s): (1d20)[4] (either a +2 or -2 modifier on that one (+2 only for religion).
    Also, I cast Omen of Peril (71% chance of telling me correctly whether the next hour is safe, dangerous, or very dangerous; 29% chance of a wrong answer).

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Noting that he recognizes the first set of footprints Zeric decides to follow the mysterious set. Making note of which way they lead and what direction takes him back toward the city wall. Zeric follows the tracks.
    Last edited by Shock4484; 2009-07-09 at 06:54 PM.