New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Smells Like Victory (Kilmore)

"No orcs yet my friend." Pauses to take a puff from his pipe. "It must be said at this point that this will not be a venture with out peril. As my friend Vannaduke pointed out it is likely that there will be orcs and many other wild creature's in your way. You will be payed for your effort, and I will pay for the supplies. So what say you kind beings?"
    "If Rally's has taught us anything it is that Christopher Walken has to eat babies!" -Fear The Boot

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Having already accepted this offer of employment before the rest of the group arrived, Tagar folds his arms and looks around the table, scrutinizing each face to see how each is taking it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Moh'dral looks up and with a look of excitement. I believe all of us are grateful for this opportunity, the lands north of here must be made civilized again. I though the will of Pelor except.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep." - Ben Franklen

Much praise to Ceika for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Davian nods agreement. "I'm with you, sounds like fun."
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

5. - Top - End - #35

BardGuy

If by "supplies" you mean alcohol, then I'm in. Can my pay be in alcohol? I slur, palming the silver for the last time and quaffing along to the music in my head. Also, what is the job? when do we start? I'll be good for any job starting in two weeks, I've got a few things that need dealing with. My usual supplier of alcohol appears to take his payment seriously, for some insane reason.
    Why fight fires? They always come back with their older brothers, figuratively speaking.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Well that's what I like to hear. The way it will work is, as the families agent I will take half of what is found, and I will pay for all the supplies up front and will take half the cost from your share. How you further split up your half is your problem. I have another to be joining you shortly he has his own busness to be attending to. And I have found that this sort of venture goes smoother if you have sneek to do for you. I will have to keep an eye out. Well as Pelor would have it I have just been over this morning to a few suppliers setting up a line of credit. Mika here know's who I use." Mika turns back to the discussion when his named is mentioned. "You work on what you will need and get it up. Remember you will eventually be paying half so don't be getting anything ya won't need. The trip should take three weeks to get there if this fine weather keeps up. While you re out bethinkin' who'll be holdin the map. I'm not young enough to be going all over creation and there be only map........ Oh and um" Gib clears his throught "Them suppliors have been warned of Vannaduke. ."
    "If Rally's has taught us anything it is that Christopher Walken has to eat babies!" -Fear The Boot

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Drawing deeply on his pipe, Tagar leans forward. "May I see this map then Gib? I'd like to know a little more about where we're going before we shop for supplies..."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Davian starts to think out loud. "Three weeks to get there, so we'll need at least 6 weeks of food. Maybe more, if we get delayed. Probably need a wagon, 'specially if we expect lots of loot." Davian pauses, looking apologetically at Moh'dral. "Wagon means horses, or at least mules, and that means more food. Can probably hunt some, but there's no guarantee on that."

((What season is it?))

Current Games:

9. - Top - End - #39

Moh'dral gives a reassuring smile toward Davian, him being the only other human in who will be attending the "trip". I only have one more concern. What sort of taxes will be taken out of the what we find? I should think the government has no claim over it as they no longer rule the land we are retrieving it from. As the Gods have claim over people the same as government has claim to the land. So does a percentage go toward the Temples? And if so what is the percent?
    Last edited by Garian; 2009-08-10 at 09:56 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep." - Ben Franklen

10. - Top - End - #40

BardGuy

I insist that the first thing we do is elect someone to buy me alcohol! I am outraged at this indiscretion, my good sir. How do you even know that I am really an alcoholic? I am merely an actor, pursuing my character's real emotions. I begin loudly, but by the end I am only whispering.
    Why fight fires? They always come back with their older brothers, figuratively speaking.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With his pipe in his mouth Gib says "That's thinking that is. " He reaches into his plain but finly taliored coat with his right hand and waves at Maria when he sees that she is looking he points a Vannaduke. "As far as taxes friend Moh'dral. If is from a provence that the Coral throne controls but is recovered from ruins the kings share is but 3 out of every ten recovered from the wild." He takes a long drawl and removes his pipe. "But if there be orcs slain in the bargin the crown takes but 1 out of twenty. " by this time he has librated the map from his coat and is smoothing it infront of himself "As far as the wagon and all that you'll need to be talking to young Springfeild. Mika can show you the way. I canna leave the shop for that long. "

((OOC. Naryzhud - What are you looking for on the map? Dageech - It is early to mid spring.))

12. - Top - End - #42

Satisfied Moh'dral turns and summons ((monster I! jk)) Maria and asks about the cost of a room.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

(OOC - I'm looking to see how far it's going to be and what sort of terrain we're going to be crossing, working out what we need in the way of supplies and likely rest/danger points.)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Davian considers for bit longer, before realizing something. "Err...who is Springfeild?"

Current Games:

15. - Top - End - #45

BardGuy

That be some thinking more to my liking, me brother! I shout out, and I quickly play a progression of chords that speak of excitement and passion.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Tagar gestures with his pipe. "I believe he is referring to young Mika here"

17. - Top - End - #47

OOC((Is this game dead? It seems like it is ))
    Last edited by Garian; 2009-08-27 at 08:21 PM.