New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: House Rules

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default House Rules

In this thread you can post your house rules for the Dungeon of Dorukan and the reasons behind them. Here's one of mine to get things started: When the character cards are being dealt out and there are less than six players playing, each player gets more character cards and chooses between them. If the character cards cannot be divided evenly among the players then who gets how many cards is determined by rolling dice.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: House Rules

Going along with the character house rules...

We still deal out the character cards randomly, but the next time we play, we make sure to deal out the cards that we didn't play with last time, so that way we get to play all of the characters. This obviously works best with 3 players at at time, but it generally works well.
    Sirius Black:
    Escaped Azkaban...
    Evaded Dementors...
    Outwitted Ministry...
    Killed by Drapery.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: House Rules

I'm usually stuck with only 3 players and in my experience the game can become unbalanced rather quickly when some characters aren't in play.

So we all take 2 random characters and uses the team-up rules from the rulebook concerning points and such.

Trading loot between your characters for assistance is allowed but the loot is discarded after that. This sounds harsh but is necessary to prevent consistent trading back and forth of loot both your characters drool over.

Also every player has only one battlehand which is used for both characters.

In our experience it results in a pretty balanced gameplay (though Vaarsuvius and Elan can both become a bit overpowered if the game drags on too long with people farming monsters in the upper levels).