New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Planejammer Factions: Yellow Party

The xorn flutters its mouth for a moment. "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your destination. Perhaps the portals lobby will be of further assistance?"

Idly, you turn over the posting, revealing additional information. It states that the company runs charter helms on behalf of the Wayfinders Guild.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

"It might be worth asking if they'd consider a charter helm part of expenses. Tell you what Niddler...you go ask about that, Heath and I will look into the portals, see what we can come up with. We'll meet back here in an hour?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qooroo View Post
    "It might be worth asking if they'd consider a charter helm part of expenses. Tell you what Niddler...you go ask about that, Heath and I will look into the portals, see what we can come up with. We'll meet back here in an hour?"
    "Sounds good, though maybe we should head over to the Realms and talk to our new client in person about that, convince 'em that giving us a ride's the best way to get their helm back"
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-08-11 at 11:06 AM.
    My pronouns are they/them.

Avatar courtesy of Elagune's OotS manga reinterpretation!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    "Sounds good, though maybe we should head over to the Realms and talk to our new client in person about that, convince 'em that giving us a ride's the best way to get their helm back"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have to admit I'm lost...doesn't getting a ride necessarily precede us heading over to the Realms? And isn't our client in Sigil? Or am I screwing up some terminology here?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, yes it does. And yes, your client is within Sigil.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qooroo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have to admit I'm lost...doesn't getting a ride necessarily precede us heading over to the Realms? And isn't our client in Sigil? Or am I screwing up some terminology here?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought our client was in Realmspace. Though I suppose it's possible it's something that charters Spelljamming ships in Realmspace but is based in Sigil.

As for the first question, we don't need a ride to the Realms--we have portals to get there--but we do need a ride when we get to the Realms, so we can get to the wreck of the Merchant Jade, which is just outside Realmspace (in the phlogiston, presumably).

Ninja'd. Oh, okay

Niddler checks the back of the posting for an address for Cerule Charters.
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-08-11 at 10:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Niddler hardly has a need, for he can see banners for Cerule Charters down one of the lobby's major hallways.

Spoiler
    Show
    To explain; yes, you need a ship at some point. You could have taken a portal to Realmspace, but that too would cost money.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, okay. ...If there are banners right there, I'm just going to go ahead and strike that post out entirely. Niddler's spot check isn't great, but he can still see a freaking banner :p ...Now if it was something he had to hear that's a different story.

Niddler nods. "Sounds like a plan!" and heads towards Cerule Charters.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Down the corridor are several desks and lineups, as well as mockups, tapestries and models of spelljamming vessels, with the blue Cerule Charters banners hanging everywhere. Virtually all of the desks are staffed by various humanoid females, all slender and smiling. Star charts and destination boards also catch your eye.

Heath and Pryderi follow the crowd descending to the portals lobby. Coming to a large room, you see a few dozen apertures, as well as a bank of desks, several lineups and a directory. Down a further hall you can hear the occasional loud snap, howl or scream, but the populace seems to be generally ignoring them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Pryderi flies up to one of the directories, and starts scanning it.

"Realmspace, Realmspace..."he mutters to himself. ...they must have at least one or two working portals."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Heath just stands, completely passive. He obstinately doesn't offer any help.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Down the corridor are several desks and lineups, as well as mockups, tapestries and models of spelljamming vessels, with the blue Cerule Charters banners hanging everywhere. Virtually all of the desks are staffed by various humanoid females, all slender and smiling. Star charts and destination boards also catch your eye.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Niddler adjusts the color of his fur, now looking like a brighter shade of the Cerule Charters banner. He walks over to the nearest desk with an extra wide grin.

"All right, miss! Name's Niddler, and my team and I are dedicated to retrieving some important property of your firm's! We thought, seein' as we're working for your benefit, it'd be in your best interests to arrange us a trip by the edge of Realmspace! Is there a way we can make that happen?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Niddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady smiles warmly. "Certainly, we can arrange your transport, Mr. Niddler. Our charter helms come at very reasonable rates for all sorts of service. What destination did you have in mind?"

Pryderi spots a few Realmspace portals, some to places he's never even heard of, others to cities of repute such as Waterdeep and Calimport. One portal is listed as departing to the Rock of Bral.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Pryderi copies down the pricing and the scheduling for the next two days, before landing near Heath.

"Well, that was surprisingly painless. Shall we try to catch up with Niddler?'

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Heath just shrugs, and goes off in Niddler's direction.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

...right.

Pryderi rolls his eyes ever so subtly and follows his companion.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Niddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lady smiles warmly. "Certainly, we can arrange your transport, Mr. Niddler. Our charter helms come at very reasonable rates for all sorts of service. What destination did you have in mind?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Niddler slides her the job posting, and points to the location ((just the part that says "outside Realmspace", I guess, unless there's something on the back with specific coordinates or what have you)).

"So as I said, my team an' I are contracted to Cerule Charters. Is there an employee rate we can get for the trip, miss?" He smiles, more a return of her expression than his usual cheshire grin.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Niddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    She gives you a sad smile as she pulls a small stack of similar notices from under her desk. "Sorry, but with all of the crews attempting that retrieval mission, you understand that it's rather more of a buyer's market at this point."

She looks at the posting, then turns to a blue stone tablet and whizzes her fingers over the surface. Glowing light zips around, settling into numbers and letters.

"There are three small guild frigates available at the moment. I can set the charter for the entire salvage to 1000 gp."
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-08-14 at 08:51 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Niddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    She gives you a sad smile as she pulls a small stack of similar notices from under her desk. "Sorry, but with all of the crews attempting that retrieval mission, you understand that it's rather more of a buyer's market at this point."

She looks at the posting, then turns to a blue stone tablet and whizzes her fingers over the surface. Glowing light zips around, settling into numbers and letters.

"There are three small guild frigates available at the moment. I can set the charter for the entire salvage to 1000 gp."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, great, we're going to compete with other vultures...

"I see. Hold on miss, I'm gonna go find my team and talk to them about this."

Niddler then sets out in the direction of the portals lobby.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Rapid meetup ensues.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"All right, team! It looks like we can get a ship to our destination for about 1000 gold. What did you come up with?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show
    afroakuma, what did I come up with? I wrote down the pricing as it appeared on the board, but you never mentioned what the pricing was.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Pryderi
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was none. The board merely displayed destinations. Rates vary based on timeframe, utility, rarity...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops. Let's see if we can't salvage that oversight with the absent-minded scholar part of the character, shall we?

"I copied down some info. One of these numbers is the price, right?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

You hope not; the numbers 200, 500 and 1000 leap out at you. One of Pryderi's notes has a scratch next to it.... could this mean it's free?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

((BTW, how does 1000 gold compare to usual spelljamming costs? Is it a ripoff or is it usually that much? Would it be significantly cheaper to go to the Rock of Bral and charter there?))

Niddler examines the note to see where the scratch is next to.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Niddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's...obscenely reasonable. Normally, you'd have to hire a ship, a crew, magical staff to fuel the helm, navigators... not to mention supplies. The price is enough to make you suspicious.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well then," Niddler says, "if we can come up with 1000 between us, or convince the guild to add it to what we'll owe them--I say we go for the ship; seems to be the most direct way there. And it's an obscenely good price too--I knew joinin' this guild had to have some benefits!" He tries to reassure himself. "Otherwise, we could try the portals--but I doubt they'll have one that'll get us straight there, which'd leave us in about the same place as we are now."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Heath waves a hand. "I have no money to contribute- one of the reasons I joined this place. I'm sure the guild would just deduct it out of our pay- it seems odd we'd have to pay them to work for them."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

"Yeah, I've got a little cash, but not nearly that much. But hey, if the guild will dock it from our pay, whatever. I'm not really here for the money."