New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: The Kingdom

1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Kingdom

Tienan

"Interesting? I would have gone with something more like unsettling, although I suppose it gave us the answers the Major hoped for..." Tienan replied. "Speaking of whom, maybe we should visit the Major, see what he has to say. The others will probably be there, too," he then pauses for a moment, seeing Walt's bloodshot eyes and pale face. Tienan was old enough recognize a man who was hung over. "Er, that is, if you feel presentable..."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tom Dorinic

When Tom first sets eyes on Kian he remembers that first glimpse of Kian in the dream. He had been some silvery draconic being, wonder what that meant...? Tom stares at him curiously for a few seconds, then realizes he is being spoken to. "Yes... Um yes, I am sure they will soon arrive as well." Tom says, trying not to be awkward.
    Last edited by Dorinic; 2009-09-08 at 01:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Call now to get your Hat of Smooth/Suave/Awesome Talker Man now for only $19.95! But wait! If you call in the next ten minutes we will send the Underpants of quickness/evasion/dance like you actually know how/+1 comfiness for FREE! But act now because this is a limited time offer! Remember you get the Hat of Smooth/Suave/Awesome Talker Man plus the Underpants of quickness/evasion/dance like you actually know how/+1 comfiness for only $19.95! Call Now!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the fog closes in, Gram awakes with a start, sweating in the cold morning air inside his tent. The Raven is his omen Gram thinks to himself as he rises and gets dressed. He quickly straps his cards to his belt and breathes deeply a few times, then throws on one of his signature smiles and exits the tent, heading towards the Major's. Seeing the group already starting to gather, Gram waves and says Good morning all with a cheery demeanor.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, please," Walt said. "I just need coffee, and cold water and I'm as presentable as I could ever be. Let me just grab something to put on." The mage disappeared in his tent, before reappearing dressed in his usual gray robe and red cape.

"Why don't we break our fast first, eh? I don't think I can face the Major in an empty stomach."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    Is there still a technical reason for the 50-page limit, or is it just a quaint cultural thing to attract tourists?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305

Kian Draconomier

Kian shifted. He could feel the same awkwardness Tom was feeling. Who is this man to me. He's not a wielder of magic, not a front line warrior, not a healer and most certainly not a countless victim. But he is something Kian thought to himself. Seeing Gram he smiled, glad for the interruption.

"Ah Lieutenant Silverleaf. I'm good to see you. I was just saying to Tom we should regroup with our company before, reporting our unscheduled meeting to the Major. Have you seen the Mage Metzger or Tienan?"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Tienan

Tienan's stomach rumbles loudly. "Very well, I suppose we could get something," Tienan says as he dismounts. He somehow felt that riding along with someone walking beside him wasn't entirely polite, "Where to, then? I've always eaten with my caravan. Although I do have some trail rations..."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, I've only been here for a few days, so I usually eat with the soldiers. The cook makes the best gruel I've ever had the pleasure to consume. And the bread there will not actually break your teeth."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    Is there still a technical reason for the 50-page limit, or is it just a quaint cultural thing to attract tourists?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

Walt/Tienan

Jo'hann comes out of one of the cooks tent with a tray loaded with steaming pots and dishes, stopping short to avoid running into Walt and Tienan. "Oh, good morning Sirs." He says and half bows. "I was just getting the Majors breakfast." He motions to the trail in his hands and says, "He said that if I saw you, I was to extend his greetings and invite you to his board for breakfast."

Kian/Dorinic/Gram

The flap to the Majors tent opens and a sleepy eyed Simon peers out. He rubs his eyes and says, "Jo'hann? That you?" The boys stomach rumbles as he clears his eyes and spots Gram. "Lieutenant!" He shouts and run over to Gram, throwing his arms around him.
    Attacking the darkness since 1998. PbP Games
    Aberrant Adept / Revised Hexblade

9. - Top - End - #309

Good morning Simon Gram says, ruffling the boys hair and smiling, how did you sleep last night?

Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Tienan

"Huh. Well that simplifies things, I guess..." Tienan grunts, "Let's join the Major, then. The others will probably be there too," he says and sets off, leading his horse by the reins.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tom Dorinic

Tom smiles as the boy comes out to the tent, "How is our young daredevil doing this morning? Did you sleep well?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Call now to get your Hat of Smooth/Suave/Awesome Talker Man now for only $19.95! But wait! If you call in the next ten minutes we will send the Underpants of quickness/evasion/dance like you actually know how/+1 comfiness for FREE! But act now because this is a limited time offer! Remember you get the Hat of Smooth/Suave/Awesome Talker Man plus the Underpants of quickness/evasion/dance like you actually know how/+1 comfiness for only $19.95! Call Now!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

The Majors Tent

Jo'hann walks back with Walt and Tienan. Walking further into the camp, the tent city is slowing coming to life. Cooking fires and grumbling early-morning risers can be seen all around and a young boy in a squires uniform comes up and offers to take Tienans horse once they reach the Majors tent. There are a few other horses tied off to a post and water trough just outside.

Simon steps back and rubs his eyes again. "It was fine, the Major let me stay on the extra cot in his tent."

Another squire sees Jo'hann approaching with the heavily laden tray and holds the tent flap open for him. Walking in he sets the tray on the large table on begins to remove the various breads, cheeses and fruits. Major Rheinstat looks up from the table and glances at you all as you enter. His eyes appear to be bloodshot and his face grey with stubble. He smiles briefly and motions everyone inside. "Looks like Jo'hann was able to find you all after all. Please, be seated and eat with me."
    Attacking the darkness since 1998. PbP Games
    Aberrant Adept / Revised Hexblade

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Tienan

Tienan allows the squire to lead away his horse, which carried all of his equipment, including his weapons except for a simple dagger at his belt. He felt at ease around the Major and was actually happy to be unencumbered by his armaments, at least during breakfast.

He exchanges good mornings with the rest of the crew and greets the Major with a "Good morning, sir, thank you" and a curt bow before seating himself, choosing not to comment on or worry himself over the Major's haggard appearance. He expected to be going to do a lot of eating and listening and less talking, since the dream would surely be more relevant to the realm of magical knowledge than his own martial training...

14. - Top - End - #314

Kian Draconomier

Kian followed the squire inside.Seeing the major he pulled himself into a salute. "Good morning, Major." He followed the Major's command and sat down. "Breakfast does sound good after last night's events." He began to pick over the table looking for a piece of sharp cheddar and an apple.

15. - Top - End - #315

Well, I've never been one to turn down breakfast Gram will say, saluting the major and then sitting down. He will then turn to Simon and say Why don't you go look for Jenny and Cronos. I'm sure they both are worried about you

Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tom Dorinic

Tom follows the others into the tent, salutes the Major , and finds a seat. "Well thank you Major, a good breakfast can make one forget the the worst nightmare!" Tom had already forgotten about last night's dream and was merely making a joke.
    Spoiler
    Show