New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default for your consideration the "Yolona Oss" missile (Supreme Commander thread)

sorry had to have the Iron Man quote!

Since the Turtling thread is becoming clogged up with SupCom tactics i thought i'd try a SupCom thread.

post your alegience here and we'll see if we can get some kind of ladder going or something. (stupid GPG software) also i'll see if i can find somewhere to host the replays

oh yes and the Tactics.

Commanders
    Spoiler
    Show

Archonic Energy : Cybran Commander
    Asheram : UEF Commander
    Timberwolf : Cybran Commander
    Triaxx : Cybran Commander
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2009-12-06 at 01:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: for your consideration the "Yolona Oss" missile (Supreme commander thread)

I'm a big fan of the Salem-class destroyer. My first multiplayer game I built 20-30 of them, sailed them up to an enemy base, walked across the base, then kept on sailing on the other side.

3. - Top - End - #3

MindFlayer

Default Re: for your consideration the "Yolona Oss" missile (Supreme commander thread)

I always liked to play UEF, along with snagging an Aeon builder.
    The Paragon-Mavor combo is something of beauty. :)
    Boats are like nuts, the outside is hard but the inside is usually good to eat.

And remember, things can always get worse.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asheram View Post
    I always liked to play UEF, along with snagging an Aeon builder.
    The Paragon-Mavor combo is something of beauty. :)
    almost as beautiful as the Paragon-Yolona Oss pairing...
    or the paragon- 20 kennels-CZAR production line combo
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Cybran domination! I'm stuck with Vanilla SC at the moment, but nothing says I smite you like Salem's marching slowly across the ground, tearing apart defenses. Or Monkeylords doing the same. Or Soul rippers shredding entire fleets. Which they are very good at.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: for your consideration the "Yolona Oss" missile (Supreme Commander thread)

I am only playing vanilla supcom at the moment (and only sp, my internet conection is currently rather limited) but I have great fun against the Sorian AI mod. Am I the only one playing against it? If not, whats your best time beating it?

And I'm looking for other mods. Anything worth using? (I have a UI mod, something to manage my ressources and t4 shields for all factions)
    Last edited by Seonor; 2009-12-03 at 01:08 PM.
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: for your consideration the "Yolona Oss" missile (Supreme Commander thread)

There's a mod for TMD's on the Fatboy. It's kind of interesting, but feels too powerful for me. I've also got an awesome one to make shields and AA hang back instead of charging in. Can't recall where I got it, but probably the GPG forums.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm....I'm divided. The cybran for their awesome looks, or the aeon, for their sleek designs...
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

We might as well post here what you think of the new Supreme Commander 2 that will go out next year

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty divided on this one. I love the new look, and it seems to be shaping up to be not such a computer killing monstrosity as it's predecessor. What's got me worried though is the AOE style of unit upgrading.

I liked Total Annihilation and SupCom's style of 'Want stronger units? Upgrade to the next Tech level.' style of gameplay, as opposed to the Starcraft style of 'Want Stronger units? Spend resources on teching instead of building.'

On the other hand the upgrade system of the ACU's worked out very well. I hope that I can choose to upgrade the units from the factories rather than having another vulnerable building to have to protect. And have the option to produce cheaper versions instead of only the latest and most upgraded and most expensive version.

Upside though, I'm really looking forward to the mini-experimentals. I can't wait to rampage through UEF bases with my giant Dinosaur War Machine.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I'm pretty divided on this one. I love the new look, and it seems to be shaping up to be not such a computer killing monstrosity as it's predecessor. What's got me worried though is the AOE style of unit upgrading.

I liked Total Annihilation and SupCom's style of 'Want stronger units? Upgrade to the next Tech level.' style of gameplay, as opposed to the Starcraft style of 'Want Stronger units? Spend resources on teching instead of building.'

On the other hand the upgrade system of the ACU's worked out very well. I hope that I can choose to upgrade the units from the factories rather than having another vulnerable building to have to protect. And have the option to produce cheaper versions instead of only the latest and most upgraded and most expensive version.

Upside though, I'm really looking forward to the mini-experimentals. I can't wait to rampage through UEF bases with my giant Dinosaur War Machine.

yes this is why i'm looking forward to SupCom2.
    i wonder if you can upgrade experimentals like you can with ACUs?

also the UEF ACUs head can come off and you can re-build the bodynat an "experimental gantry" so i'm guessing you can't just build tech 4 anywhere.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Me = Cybran with a penchant for naval options (Galaxy class battlewagon and the Soul Ripper ftw.) I do like the UEF in the expansion as well. I freakin love the Neptune battlecruiser for instance.

I like all the factions but my first loyalty is with the Cybran nation.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Whilst i am likeing the new ideas and directions they are taking for it im a bit worried that with the unit upgrading that you can create a "super" unit thats going to be awesome at everything (kinda like c+c's mamoth tank)

I love the idea of mini experimentals and hopefuly they will ballence it enough that you can't just "spam" them to dominate anyone. however I have to admit the Dino looks a little silly.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Archonic: I've long thought that upgrading experimentals would have been awesome.

I'm hoping that it's only for units like the ACU and SCU. Or that it's something like TA had, which was just a buffer for mobile units that simulated buildings. One was a bunker which could protect units from a multiple nuke strike. But it was actually a unit because buildings couldn't run the transport code and so wouldn't work. The buffer was basically a factory that was mostly single use. Some things, like turrets could be air lifted off and landed at other places, but the bunker couldn't. Although another unit that could be built was a unit transporter. Same idea, much longer range and two of them could transport each other around the map. As well as teleporting other units between them.

timberwolf: I know what you mean. The Galaxy Class really says I've sunk your battleship. I used the Soul Ripper mostly for fighting other navies though. Lots of HP and good air-to-ground firepower let it tear into most fleets and win, except for the subs.

DranWork: True, but knowing ChrisT, if one unit can do a bunch of things, another side will have a unit which can do the bunch of things to counter the first.

Spamming experimentals is fun, but only if the opponent is also doing, or is capable of doing it. The dinosaur is silly looking, but then again, so was the Monkeylord until we saw it in action.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2009-12-04 at 08:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

the fatboy II could only start with a tech 1 factory and you need to upgrade it if you want any more units...
    or be upgraded so it's tracks can hover over water...
    or the factory could be used to maske munitions so while it can't build units the main gun has a choce of projectiles...
    or it could transform into a giant robotic dinoas.... wait scratch this one.

me grimlock think cybransaurus should be nicknamed Grimlock.
    Spoiler
    Show