New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: The Second Great War IC

If there is a table cloth of sufficient size Fitz will hide underneath that. If there is not Fitz will do a little bit more investigating to discover the pantry and hide there. Once hidden Fitz will keep his ears open for footsteps or talking.

Spoiler
    Show
    so I guess I need another move silently check to get to a hiding spot and a listen check.
    Move silently (1d20+3)[5]
    Listen (1d20+3)[5]

and if I am hiding in the pantry
    Hide (1d20+3)[17] That does it from now on I am taking 10's
    Last edited by Mahtobedis; 2009-08-20 at 11:26 AM.
    You will be part of my achievement.

I survived the Tomb of Horrors! 5/28/09

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

When he brings Flare to a stop, the horse whinnies softly, tossing his head. Reaching forward, Gareth smooths his hand down his mount's neck, calming him, before straightening his posture and gazing directly at the corporal, as though the rest of his squad did not exist.

"Sir, you do us wrong. We barely travel at a canter, hardly faster than a man could walk. If we were truly in a hurry, we could move much faster than this, I assure you - these horses are of the finest stock. If we were to truly gallop, I've no doubt the sound of their hooves clapping against the road could wake every man and woman in these houses, which I would dearly like to avoid. As to why we travel at this time, the night is beautiful, and the air cool and fresh. Is it so wrong of us to want to enjoy what sights the fine city of Freeport offers after dark? When the streets are quiet, and one doesn't have to keep as close an eye out for children playing, one can give more of his attention to his surroundings.", he says, hoping to throw the guard off-balance with the rapid changes of subject, and appeal to whatever pride he might take in the city he guards. The tactic was a gamble, certainly, but one that he had learned years ago watching his father deal with the heads of other families on the occasions they got together to deal with matters of mutual business.

Spoiler
    Show
    As much as I'd prefer to roll Diplomacy, I think this particular bit of wording lends itself better to a Bluff check.. untrained as that may be. Silly Paladins, getting only two skills per level..

Bluff : (1d20+6)[13]
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fitz:

You are hiding. Despite making some noise nobody comes looking for you.

Garrett: You hear Fitz hiding. You proceed down the stairs, they are quite steep and you figure the basement must be at least 15' below ground level. It is quite cool down here. You are in a hallway lit by a single candle, running parallel to the one upstairs, except that it stops at the midpoint with a door on the left, and a door on the "stop wall".

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett

The thief frowns to himself and presses agianst the wall, listening intently for any sound of footsteps or activity through the two doors.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett - You hear nothing from down here.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah looks like you posted a few seconds before me so I never really saw it.

Gareth: The corporal looks slightly abashed and looks around for an easy way out of the situation without losing face. One of the soldiers solves the problem for him by snickering softly, but not softly enough. The corporal whilrs on him in a rage and points at him. In seconds, three of the other soldiers have seized that one and are dragging him towards the nearby guardhouse, outside of the army HQ.

Two of the remaining soldiers look at each other, and then one of them clears his throat. "ahem. Um.. move along about your business, then."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett

Garrett nods to himself, and then wets his fingers and pinches out the candle. He creeps silently down the hall to the door on his left, pauses to listen, and then eases it slowly open.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I noticed that when I posted it.. and an email showed up a couple seconds later. But hey, it happens; That's why I mentioned it in the OOC thread. I've made the same mistake myself, before.

Gareth

Gareth flashes the soldiers a brilliant smile, tilting his head politely. "Thank you, sirs. May the rest of your evening be uneventful.", he says, then proceeds to move forward through their lines, continuing onward.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll try to remember to send you later some details about the army etc. which you would know given your background.

You are now heading south towards the place. I will let you know when you arrive, time-wise you guys are slightly in the future of the night crew still.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett:

Spoiler
    Show
    You find yourself in another hallway. There are doors on the left and right about halfway down the hallway, and one at the far end. This hall is lit by a pair of candles.

The door at the far end is slightly ajar. More light comes from that room.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett

The thief frowns to himself. Don't want to risk stumbling into somebody down here. Not yet, anyway.

He eases back, and then creeps into the door on the "stop wall".

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett:

You are in the wine cellar. There are several hundred bottles of wine here, all of them meticulously labeled with price tags and dates of purchase.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds like a plan. I'll look forward to it.

Once they're far enough past the guard blockade and out of anyone's earshot, Gareth turns his head to look back at Nemal, making sure he's doing alright as he asks, "Are you doing alright? That could have very nearly been a problem, I know it got my heart beating a little. Nothing like a little questioning to get the blood flowing!"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Fitz very cautiously peeks out from under the table cloth, barely lifting up an edge of it to get a glimps of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    are there any directions to go besides the pantry and the cellar from this room?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can't get to the cellar from this room. There is a door into the back hallway, and a door into the pantry.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Fitz looks at the door to the hallway where he saw Garrett go. Since Garrett has not returned he decides that it is probably safe to move into the hallway, unless of course he can see otherwise.

Spoiler
    Show
    another move silently check to fail (1d20+3)[12]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fitz: Okay, you are at the T intersection. You hear snoring from upstairs and chatter/laughter from down the hallway.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anywhere at this intersection to hide? I came from upstairs. correct. Also will you let me use prestidigitation to make a thump noise upstairs preferably in the area above where the talking is? I know ghost sound is the spell specialized to do this but I'm not trying to make a big sound either.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No, there isn't really anywhere to hide in the intersection... further up the hallway towards the front you can see some kind of decorative table with a cloth hanging down, which you could probably fit under.

As for prestidigitation... yes you could make a noise by knocking something over, but you'd have to be able to see it and it would have to weigh less than 1 lb

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Fitz moves quietly up the hallway towards the door and hide under the table cloth.

Once he is hidden he gives instructions to his familiar, Martin, to go back upstairs stealthily and make enough racket upstairs to cause the people in the room to want to investigate. After which the familiar is to hide himself until he can safely work his way back to his master.

Spoiler
    Show
    So for me that would be a move silent and hide check. And for Martin a Hide and move silently check as well.

Me
    Move Silently (1d20+3)[17]
    Hide (1d20+3)[21] Not sure if this check is necessary since I will be fully concealed but if I need it there it is.

Martin
    Move Silently (1d20+8)[22]
    Hide (1d20+11)[26]
    Climb (1d20+11)[12] This is for things the Ferret may need to climb over since it is a tiny creature.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    nice natural 1 = 12 on the ferret hehe.

Fitz: Martin skitters off and up the stairs. About a minute later, the snoring upstairs is interrupted by a loud yelp, followed shortly after by a shriek and a big thump of what you assume is the fat guy falling out of bed, followed by some bookshelves falling over.

The laughter nearby abruptly stops, and you hear booted feet as two men emerge from a doorway, opening the front door quickly, and then four sets of booted feet rush past you and up the stairs.

This seems like a good moment to bring everyone else in :)

Nemal and Gareth: You canter up to the house to a strange sight. The rooftop is momentarily lit up by a bolt of white light, which you see striking Haschel squarely in the chest leaving it dark up there again. Strangely, there seemed to be a 3'x10' ish hole in the roof. You also at the same moment hear a great rukus from inside, and the front door flies open, and you see four soldiers (two from outside, two already inside) dash down a hallway inside, leaving the front door ajar.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

I should mention to Haschel that he can hear all the rukus and the horses as well.. everyone should be all timed now, so we can exit the PM combat. Garrett can also hear the boot stomping above him.
    Last edited by The Guardian; 2009-08-21 at 10:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Once the soldiers have passed him and have started thumping there way up the stairs Fitz leaves his hiding place and moves towards the room they just abandoned. Once he gets there he peeks his head around the corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    move silently (1d20+3)[6] I'm also assuming that Martin has decided to scamper off and hide himself. Hide (1d20+11)[29]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fitz: You see Gareth and Nemal on horseback on the street outside through the open door. (It's still VERY dark out, maybe a half hour past midnight)

The room up here is a sitting room. It is extremely well-lit with many candles burning. There are eight comfortable chairs all around each with a small side-table. One has been knocked over in the commotion.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Fitz heads back the other way still attempting to be stealthy.

Spoiler
    Show
    What do I see?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fitz: There is the hallway, which reaches a T intersection. The stairs up start off to your right, the doorway to the stairs down is to the left.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Then I shall head up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently (1d20+3)[22] Listen (1d20+1)[19]

If martin is able to make it back to me safely than he will do so. If you could tell me when he catches up to me I would appreciate it. If not than I imagine he will stay hidden. Ferrets are so hard to find when they don't want to be.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fitz: You are able to very quietly move up the stairs. You can hear a big commotion in the master bedroom, with the fat man telling the soldiers to find the Dire Rat that just chomped on his feet.

Martin is waiting for you at the top of the stairs, looking extremely pleased with himself.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haschel: You can see Nemal and Gareth on horseback below you in the street, and hear a great commotion beneath you with much yelling.

Your opponent is above you, about 20 feet away. He is twirling the cudgel around in one hand and beckons you to come up with the other.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haschel took out a couple of metallic stars from his person, and threw it at his foe with indignation.

Haschel eyed his opponent. He has been taught to listen and wait, to strike only when the moment was at its most opportune. He closed the distance between them, but made sure to leave enough between them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will use my...

BADASS MONK SHURI-SHOTGUN ATTACK!!

Attack roll 1:
    (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage:
    (1d2)[1]

Attack roll 2:
    (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage:
    (1d2)[2]

Attack roll 3:
    (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage:
    (1d2)[2]

*mumble* damn strength damage... *grumble* makes my attacks next to useless... *grumble* *mumble*

From there, move 10 feet closer to the bastard, maintaining a 10 feet distance between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    Is there still a technical reason for the 50-page limit, or is it just a quaint cultural thing to attract tourists?
    Spoiler
    Show