New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Forgotten Quest (IC)

You wake up on a hard wooden surface in what looks to be a bare, stone-walled room. Looking around there are about two dozen of these "beds" in the room, most of which are empty. You have no recollection of how you got into this room, where this room is, who the other occupants are, or - the more you think about it - of anything at all. You realise that you have no memory of any events in the last few months.

You are wearing only a very basic outfit - suitable for protecting your modesty but little more - but besides the "bed" is a sack containing an assortment of items - some of which you recognize as yours, the rest you assume must be yours by association.

Last edited by sazzer; 2009-07-28 at 03:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Forgotten Quest (IC)

I sit up stiffly from the bed, unable to remember how long I have slept. The room is plain, the bed uncomfortable, strange and yet oddly familiar, similar to the furnishings of the monastery. I open the sack and take out the most important item, a brass sun on a long chain, I hang it around my neck, the weight is comfortable, tucking it inside the simple clothing I feel the coldness of the metal against my hot skin, I feel calm. I tip the other items out beside me on the bed and sort through them quietly, not knowing the others in the room I try not to wake them, watching carefully for any others stirring.

ooc: I am experimenting with a first person narration, trying to describe thoughts, perceptions and feelings.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Valandil sits up and takes in his surrounding. Noting the others in the room Valandil gathers his things to make sure everything is accounted for. Valandil decides to "investigate" the others in the room and questions anyone who will listen to his inquiry. He continues to ask the same questions to everyone until he gets an answer

Who are you? How did I get here? How long have you been here?

Relying on "experience" with helping his town guard Valandil weighs each response carefully.
    "I gave you a twizzler I can do what ever I want" - ME

Valandil

Bozam

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Drendrax sleepily sits up, yawning with a reptillian growl. "By the light of Pelor" He says with a drwosy voice "Where are we and who are you all?" He got up and put his mighty shield, Solarius, on his back and wielding its brother Sunflare, a large warhammer.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

wink Enter the Bard.

Coal rises from his bed with a loud yawn and a stretch, he looks the others over as he slowly removes all his own items and garbs himself. When he is finally down with lyre in hand he smile and asks "Normally when I wake up and don't remember anything the people I see are a lot more maiden like..." He says with a groan.

Turning to Valandil with a smile Coal says with an outstretched hand "I am Saelnír Kol'Ati, but you may call me Coal, Bard Extrodinaire is my job title, well actually more Bard reletively decent if you're already drunk anyway, but still the point... which was...? Oh yes my Name! Still stands," He's already bowed by the time he's finished.

"Now telling from my lack of a massive hangover and the obvious lack of maidens I would have to say that any favorable consequences that led to us to being here are... unlikely; and I sadly have no idea how long either you or I have been here maidenless and hangoverless," He grins wildly as he finished for a moment putting his arm around Valandil's shoulder as if to console a griever.

"Now I have two ideas on how we can approach this deplorable predicament; I can either play the top 50 folk rock bardic power balads of the last hundred years voted for by deaf and mentaly defficient Kobolds... OR we can attempt to find a way out of this place, Together," He says boldly finishing with a grin.
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #6

Griffon

Cornelius rises from his slumber looking clueless about his surroundings.
    Oh, goodness.. Where am I?
    After gathering his belongings, he carefully adjusts his pointy hat and looks to his new companions.
    Greetings! I am Cornelius Lowind, wizard extraordinaire and tireless adventurer!
    I'm afraid I have no recolection of the last few moths, therefore I cannot explain what have happened to us. But fear not, my new friends! I'll use the might of magic to protect us from any harm!

The wizard rubs his eyes My eyes are a bit foggy.. Do you see a door or any way out? Are we imprisioned in here? Is this a cell?
    Last edited by fabio; 2009-07-28 at 06:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Looking around you see no windows, but there is a single solid wood door in one corner of the room...

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

Follow me, my friends! I have discovered a wooden portal that will most certainly lead us to freedom! The wizard energetically marches towards the door.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

*What a strange collection of people* I muse *They seem to know no more about our predicament than I do, perhaps the other items in this bag might shed some light* I look around at the others "I say arkadaşlar, do any of you have odd items in your bags" I see Cornelius striding toward the door "Perhaps it would be best çabuk arkadaş to figure out why we are here before we open that door"

ooc: arkadaşlar means friends and çabuk arkadaş is hasty friend

10. - Top - End - #10

"Well my name is Drendrax Sunborne" the Dragonborn says as he looks around the room "I am a paladin of the most radiant one Pelor, may his light guide us on whatever journey we are in store for"
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

11. - Top - End - #11

Griffon

Cornelius

Cornelius stops, one hand motion away from openning the wooden door, and returns back to the group.
    He turns to the Genasi and speaks in the primordial language:

Greetings, arkadaşlar! Pardon my çabuktil, I was merely excited to have found the door! I did not mean to bring you harm with my imprudence! The wizard smiles. He goes back to the common language and looks at the sack where he found his possessions.

Odd items, odd items.. No, nothing unusual to the arcane practicer got mixed with my belongings...
    Wait a minute!! What is this!?!?!
    The wizard looks terrified for a moment.
    Oh, it's just some lint.

occ: çabuktil means hastyness!

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

It is good Cornelius that you did not immediately open the door. I do not think we have been put here to simply open a door and walk out. Let me check the door before we proceed. I have a great deal of experience in these things Valandil states with too much confidence. Valandil begins to search the door and its surroundings for any clues or threats.

Perception check (1d20+6)[24]

ooc: let me know if I need to roll more than once.

Valandil

Bozam

13. - Top - End - #13

Valandil thoroughly examines the door but fails to find any sign of any traps or anything like that...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Coal walks forward trepidly now, both hands clasped to his long sword and his lyre now stowed. He pushes open the door, onced open, with his shoulder looking down at Seven, his snake familiar, as he does it.

Seven's head lifts slightly out of a pocket and gives the closest a series of hisses could ever come to a whisper "You neither? Great!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Check (1d20-1)[17]
    Loki Avatar by Me

15. - Top - End - #15

The door swings open with a loud groan as of bad maintenance and stiff, underused hinges. It opens onto a stone corridor with no light except that from the room you are currently in.

16. - Top - End - #16

Drendrax takes out a Sun Rod, Strikes it against the wall to activate its alchemical light, and walks forward. "I shall lead the way my friends!" He shouts with a good-natured voice "By Pelor's Light I shall make sure no enemy harms us this day!" He says a quick prayer in Draconic to Pelor, and walks down the corridor, but stops at around fifteen feet in to await his comrades.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2009-07-31 at 09:11 AM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

17. - Top - End - #17

With the new light, you can see the corridor comes to an end about 40' from your door. At the end of the corridor, on the right hand side, is another wooden door, this with a window in it but with no light coming through the window. About 20' from the door you came from is another door, on the left hand side, is another wooden door with no windows in it again.

18. - Top - End - #18

NecromancerGuy

Valandil slinks to the door with the window to peak in.

Stealth check (1d20+9)[29]

Drendrax bring you light forward so we might try and get an idea of what is in the room. I suggest we investigate what we can see before proceeding through one of the doors.

Valandil then waits patiently for the rest to accompany him in the investigation of the room.

Valandil

Bozam

19. - Top - End - #19

On the other side of the door is a stone staircase leading up, with an open door at the top of it. There is light at the top of the staircase, but it's the dim light of oncoming dusk and not artificial light of any kind.

20. - Top - End - #20

Drendrax complies. "What do you think we should do?" He asks Valandil.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sassum gathers his gear and follows the group.

22. - Top - End - #22

Griffon

Cornelius

I would very much like to investigate what lies beyond the wodden portals on this corridor! Excitement, I'll bet! Cornelius seems not to bother speaking on a low voice. He seems to forget the existance of danger every now and then.

23. - Top - End - #23

NecromancerGuy

Valandil

Well it looks like this may be the way out but I agree that we need to investigate as to why we are here. If we leave we may very well end up in the same situation as before. Lets check the other doors as well. I will search the other two doors as well.

Perception Search door 1 - (1d20+6)[24]
    Perception Listen door 1 - (1d20+6)[17]

Perception Search door 2 - (1d20+6)[8]
    Perception Listen door 2 - (1d20+6)[19]

Valandil

Bozam

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming door1 is the door to the staircase for the sake of the rolls

To the best of your abilities, neither door is trapped or has anything unusual about it, and you can't hear anything behind either door. The door leading to the staircase seems to be unlocked but closed, and the other door you can't easily tell about from here.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Well then, I'm just going to open the door and lead the way" Drendrax says "If I get hurt, please feel free to heal me" He opens the door, and walks inside the room.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    which door?

27. - Top - End - #27

Spoiler
    Show
    The first one

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

28. - Top - End - #28

Trying the door in the middle of the corridor it turns out to be locked after all... There is no indication on this side of the lock itself though.

29. - Top - End - #29

I make a dungeoneering check to see if I can identify the craftsmanship of the door.

Dungeoneering Check - (1d20+2)[4]

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Coal heads over and checks the second door while the first is being studied.
    Loki Avatar by Me