New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Biting Back

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Biting Back

So, with alice defending, that would be the last of the round, meening Highest seqeunce ( hugh I think) is up.

EDIT:

Turn Order-

Hugh
    Ezekiel
    Alpha Pigrat
    Pigrats
    Alice
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-08-06 at 09:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hugh continues defending himself and keeps his flashlight shined in the Alpha rat's eyes.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

3. - Top - End - #63

Ezekiel reloads his shotgun quickly, then raises it aiming at the alpha pigrat and squeezes both triggers again.

Small Arms: (1d100)[27] 21%

Damage: (2d8+28)[34]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh stands at the back of the group, watching as the battle goes by.

Ezekiel motions around alice, bringing his shotgun up, and unloading his rounds, only to have most of the shots spread to wide or barely scratch the giant pigrat.

The pigrats, irritated, blinded, and hungry continue their assault. The 6 adult pigs rats all move up around the alpha pigrat, climbing and scratching, trying to get at the food.

The younger pigrats, although hungry, standback, clearly confident their parents will provide.

The alpha pigrat fights with the others, making it difficult to bother with alice as 3 or more full grown pigrats stumble over one another.

(Your up alice) (They are all in range to slaughter-fy)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Alice Toshigawa

"EAT .308 LEAD, BITCHES!" the curvy japanese girl shouts and just kinda unloads in the...general direction of the pigrats (although aiming the center at the alpha pigrat).

Base skill 30%. -20 lighting for 10%. bullets pierce 15 AC so the chance should remain at 10%. DR is reduced by 20%.
    (1d100)[80](1d100)[92](1d100)[53](1d100)[12](1d100)[84](1d100)[65](1d100)[66](1d100)[71](1d100)[11](1d100)[52](1d100)[80](1d100)[46](1d100)[79](1d100)[29](1d100)[68]

Damage rolls
    (1d10+12)[22](1d10+12)[16](1d10+12)[19](1d10+12)[21](1d10+12)[21](1d10+12)[18](1d10+12)[13](1d10+12)[19](1d10+12)[19](1d10+12)[15](1d10+12)[13](1d10+12)[22](1d10+12)[22](1d10+12)[15](1d10+12)[22]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

A barrage of rounds is unloaded infront of alice, the fact she has kept from being damaged so far is lucky. Bullet after bullet wizzes into the crowed, however few really stick. A single round lodges itself into the brain of the alpha pigrat, causing it to go slump, no longer holding back the pack, the pigrats continue to fight for their dinner. 2 stray rounds find themselves digging into the bodies of pigrats, one nailing the lungs, the other striking at a pigrats jaw, causing it to bust off.

(Alpha pigrat dead, 1 adult dead, 1 adult considerably hurt)

5 (6 counting the injured one) adult pigrats swarm over their leader, fighting each other, and trying to take a bite out of alice.

(Make your second burst Alice)
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-08-07 at 07:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Alice Toshigawa

Alice can burst TWICE a turn!

Spoiler
    Show
    Base skill 30%. Unsure of Pigrat AC, so calculate his as necessary.
    (1d100)[45](1d100)[38](1d100)[86](1d100)[61](1d100)[62](1d100)[89](1d100)[21](1d100)[88](1d100)[2](1d100)[60](1d100)[17](1d100)[68](1d100)[75](1d100)[13](1d100)[43]

Damage rolls
    (1d10+12)[18](1d10+12)[20](1d10+12)[14](1d10+12)[19](1d10+12)[18](1d10+12)[17](1d10+12)[18](1d10+12)[20](1d10+12)[21](1d10+12)[18](1d10+12)[15](1d10+12)[14](1d10+12)[19](1d10+12)[22](1d10+12)[13]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Critical- (1d100)[38]

A second flurry of bullets escapes alices Bren Gun, scattering into the swarm of pigrats. the bullets fly all about, most flying skewed from their targets, however a few bullets find a fleshy home, bringing 4 of the adult pigrats to their stubby knees. The pigrat with it's missing jaw has the rest of it's head blown open, where as three others take shots to the legs and torso. A singular spectacular shot buries straight into a pigrats chest, causing a squirt of blood as the juice from the heart pumps straight out of the bullet hole.

(4 more pigrats dead, for a total of 1 adult pigrat and the three nest with (still threatning) younger pigrats.)

The swarm is quickly routed as a single pigrat survives the spraw of lead.

(gogo hugh)

9. - Top - End - #69

NecromancerGuy

Hugh hops over Alice with her smoking Bren gun and swings his machete at the fleeing mole rat.

Base Skill - 24%
    (1d100)[85]
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Frustrated, Ezekiel throws Thumper down and pulls out Dakka, and lines up a shot on the injured one, trying to finish it off.

(44 AP rounds, -10 AC)

Small Arms: (1d100)[8] 35%

Damage: (1d6+10)[13]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh moves haphazardly at the pigrat, causing him to lose balance and strike the stone wall of the cavern mouth. The pigrat is about to bite into hughs leg when a shot comes from behind, ezekiel brings a round into the pigrats head, causing it to fall down in a pool of blood. The battle ( pretty much) over the young pigrats flee from the nests, going under rubble, under rocks, or in holes.

( you wanna kill em, smoke em out, otherwise they SHOULDEN'T bother you. :p)

XPs.... 1700!!

The cavern is dank, dark, and moist. From the Stalactite above drips a constant flow of water, you hear the soft whining of pigrat pups in the nests. There are a few miles of junk and debris scattered about (loots in em?).

The only other thing of note in this large cavern is the far western end, where there is a large iron door set into the wall. It is currently shut, and seems as if it has yet to be open in decades.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Alice goes carefully walks forward, trying to explore more of the iron door. "If you guys can, try to get the young pigrats too. Make sure they don't come back."

Alice makes sure to reload.

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGuy

Hugh straightens up and nods to Ezekial, "Good shot." Glancing around the have he says, "No need to worry about the young'uns, they'll more'n likely kill each other or starve oout. Might be worth our time to dig through the nests though, never know what might find there way in here."

He shines the beam of the flashlight towards the ancient door, "I'm thinkin' we might be a bit more lucky if we check in there..." He turns to the other two, "either a you take a bite from the l'il buggers?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

The iron door is well set into the cave wall. The stone around it smooth, and the passage clearly locked. The door seem's to be old fashioned, pre-war made, and looks to be rusted around the edges.

(Assuming you are searching the nests and debris)

Looking through the wreckage you find some of the usual things a wastelander find. Junk, spare parts, metals, plastics, ol prewar books and papers and toys and things. However a few things stand out above the junk. Within the piles of debris you uncover a small tin box, with some kind of logo on it. * (Bottom Left) Opening the tin you find 2 tickets to some place called "Mullberry Grove", a picture of alovely young oriental women, easily in her 20s with vibrant green eyes, and wearing a lacy cotton summer dress, with yellow flowers imprinted. You also find a YoYo with the same symbol as the tin on it, and about 600 dollars in prewar currency.

You also uncover about 50 caps and 2 cases of ammo** in the rubble. And finally some garments that, according t the style could date back to pre-war.

Spoiler
    Show

12 Gauge Shotgun Shells (Slugs)
    AC: 0 DR: 0 Vol: 20 Dmg: 1d8

and

5.56mm
    AC: 0 DR: -20 Vol: 50 Dmg: 1d8
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-08-09 at 12:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Alice Toshigawa

Alice lets the others handle the loot for now, as she inspects the iron door. "Hey guys, there's a lock on this door. I don't really have the know-how to get through it. Did anyone of you bring any lockpicks? I'm sure Sheriff Marion would be interested in what's hidden here."

16. - Top - End - #76

Ezekiel gathers up his sawed off and pops it open, expelling the spent shells and reloads it. Then he slides the clip from his Desert Eagle and replaces the single bullet, and holsters. "Nah, all those pigrats did was injure my pride. How did I NOT hit those things?" he shakes his head disdainfully. "At least I got em when it counted, huh Hugh?" he smirks and then starts searching about the room, and spots the box of shotgun shells and cries out "Oooh! Dibs!" and grabs them, putting them in his bag.

When Alice mentions the door, Zeke perks up and walks over and inspects the lock, then says "I think I have a key for this door... It's actually a skeleton key. Works on most doors." Zeke pulls out Thumper and stands to the side slightly and says over his shoulder, "You may want to take a few steps back..."

Damage (2d8+28)[39]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

And with a increadibly audible BANG the gun fires, the sound echos through the room, causing your eyes to ring slightly. The lock and indeed most of the door is dented now. The lock itself is crumbling, parts to its mechanics sliing out from the door, revealing a hole where the lock was built. The door should be unlocked now.

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGuy

Hugh walks up to the door and attempts to see what's behind it through the newly formed hole.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Through the hole hugh see's nothing, darkness. Even with the flashlight shone through it's still difficult to make out anything. After a few seconds a soft *click* is heard, and the room beyond is bathed in a slight light, not even to make out much, just a silloutte, some shapes like boxes or shelves, and that's about it.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-08-09 at 02:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

NecromancerGuy

Hugh straightens and turns to the other two, "Can't see much of anything, lights just turned on though so we best be careful. Who knows what else might be wakin' up back there"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Ezekiel peeks through the key hole as well, then reloads his shot gun and pulls out Dakka. "So, how shall we proceed? How bout I go first, followed by Hugh with the flash light and have Alice cover our rears with a little covering fire from her big freakin' gun. Sound good?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"Umm, if I shoot from the back, y'all are eating about 15 bullets from me. I fire from the FRONT."

23. - Top - End - #83

Ezekiel smirks and motions towards the door for Alice. "But of course. How rude of me. Ladies first." says Ezekiel. Then he thinks to himself "I'll like the view back here better anyways... heh."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

THinking that perhaos the group can see better by having more room, Alice actually moves forward and OPENS the door...

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice moves to the iron door, placing her hand on the handle she finds its rusty, and sticks. Pushing on the door it does not budge. The rust from ages of disuse, and water damage glueing it to the cave walls. With time the door comes free, and with a soft *crack* the rusted iron hinges break loose, causing the door to fall inward. A loud *Bang* as metal hits stone and dust fills the room. As the dust clears the room, your vision returning, you see the many shelves that fill out the small room. A large room, but small in comparison to the cave on. The room has many shelves with alot of junk, tools, and perservatives. The room looks like a fallout shelter. Many people would build emergency shelters in their homes when the cold war started, those who did not manage to get into the "vaults" turned to these poorly made shelters to try to weather the unfortunately fated cataclysm that burnt the earth. There is easily years worth of preserved foods stuff, and water, and many tools and equipment in the room, whoever built it knew what they were doing. In the middle of the room you see a single person....

Introduce yourself nightsurgeon

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

'Chole Ravenheart.

"Arthur Pendragon, Arf.

The figure crouches at about knee level, a vault tec leather jacket, clearly designed for a male of slightly greater height, with a 69 emblazoned on the arm band. The figure was lithe, attractive, and obviously female. The female figure has milk chocolate brown hair, and looks up at you with surprised sea green eyes that seem to shimmer slightly in the light. A puppy's bark, and scamper can be heard near by as a Golden Retriever puppy tumbles into sight, and straight into the figures lap with a playful yip.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Alice Toshigawa

Alice feels her ringed nipples stiffen a bit at the sight of this attractive girl, but she doesn't lower her gun just yet. The newcomer may be a threat yet. "Hello there. Who are you?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Chole Ravenheart

Chole looked up quizzically at the young girl with the equivalent to a artillery emplacement level'd at her, and her adorable little puppy which barked enthusiastically at the group, running up to sniff them, ignorant of the Bren gun, or any other weapons that may be held out in the open.

Chole speaks in a soft, almost inherently caring, voice that has a chipper upbeat to it as she calls out to her dog, the small puppy throwing a dagger glare at whoever happens to react poorly to it, if any, and heading back to Chole's lap, where she unzips the large back pack, and lowering it for the puppy to jump into, before hefting it to stand, the dogs head poking out of the zipper gap at the top, and says.

"I'm Chole, and from your gun there I'm assuming your the front man, or woman in this case, of the group standing there behind you?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Alice Toshigawa

The oriental girl's expression softens as she sees the cute little puppy run towards her. Apparently she has a soft spot for these things. "Aww so cute..." she says as she lowers her gun a bit. "Yes, I suppose I am in charge of this ragtag group. We were here exterminating pigrats. Didn't expect to find a person down here. Why were you here? You can call me Alice."

30. - Top - End - #90

NecromancerGuy

Hugh raises an eyebrow and whispers to Ezekial, "This better not mean we have to split the money another way."

He straightens and scans the newly opened room for anything worthwhile.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show