New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Sweet holy crap on a stick! My computer breaks and the thread takes off on the same day. I think you all dislike me or something

Twobit: Go read my Horror series that was not at all ripped off from Dead Space. READ IT! You missed it, and it has you being badass.

I had more ideas, but the only one I can remember is this.

Hellbent
    Jesse Drake/Eleventhhour
    Spoiler
    Show
    The radio blared, the dial turned to maximum volume. One hand, knuckles white, gripped the wheel, the other holding a half-empty cup of coffee that had long gone cold. Windshield wipers fought the snow as the car barreled down the highway.

Come on... Jesse whispered to himself. Stay awake. Only a couple more hours, you can do that. He had been fighting drowsiness for the past fifty miles, assisted by the coffee.

He thought of his destination, the city his car had been pointed at ever since that last phone call. Her voice tumbled through his mind, and he smiled in spite of the snow that had turned the highway into a slushy mess. Even with the danger, he was going fast.

How could he not?

Eleventh had told him she missed him, wanted to see him so badly, and that if he were to turn up on her doorstep, she'd make the trip well worth his time. Just a hint, but it had still sent him running for the car.

The phone was still in the backseat where he'd tossed it. Behind him, another car was trying to keep pace. Lights flashed, red and blue. Jesse only grinned, and pushed the pedal down as far as it would go. His car leaped ahead, spraying slush at the police cruiser.

Adrenaline chased away the last vestiges of tiredness, and he couldn't help but laugh as the ground beneath him flashed by. If he made it through this without dying, he'd be in for the time of his life.
    Damn it, must I challenge the authorities at any given opportunity? Yes, yes I must. That's a good one though. And I do love me some coffee.
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Rabbit always writes good stories. Nameless admires Rabbit's skills.
    D'awww
    <3
    :: cheek kissies::

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Sweet holy crap on a stick! My computer breaks and the thread takes off on the same day. I think you all dislike me or something

Twobit: Go read my Horror series that was not at all ripped off from Dead Space. READ IT! You missed it, and it has you being badass.
    Will do, champeen.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

SS, DD with RabbitHoleLost/TwoBitWriter
    Spoiler
    Show
    She backed away from her friends, laughing and waving.
    He strode forward, hunched over his notepad, pen flying furiously.
    Neither saw the other.
    A pair of quiet "oomph's" sounded in the chill afternoon.

Rabbit stood, brushing herself eyes, eyes flashing with fury. Then something in her eyes changed as she saw him...
    TwoBit stood as well, flushing with embarrassment. He started to mutter and apology and looked up...

They both knew in that instant.
    TwoBit was in love.
    Rabbit couldn't get away fast enough.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    SS, DD with RabbitHoleLost/TwoBitWriter
    Spoiler
    Show
    She backed away from her friends, laughing and waving.
    He strode forward, hunched over his notepad, pen flying furiously.
    Neither saw the other.
    A pair of quiet "oomph's" sounded in the chill afternoon.

Rabbit stood, brushing herself eyes, eyes flashing with fury. Then something in her eyes changed as she saw him...
    TwoBit stood as well, flushing with embarrassment. He started to mutter and apology and looked up...

They both knew in that instant.
    TwoBit was in love.
    Rabbit couldn't get away fast enough.
    Dirk, how did you know how I got most of my girlfriends?

>.>

Oh wait... I've probably told you.

And to my fellow guys, there are three things that have gotten me a girlfriend faster than anything else:

1) Booze
    2) Low Self Esteem
    3) Desperation

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    And to my fellow guys, there are three things that have gotten me a girlfriend faster than anything else:

1) Booze
    2) Low Self Esteem
    3) Desperation

Bah. If that would be true, I'd be beating women away by now
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Bah. If that would be true, I'd be beating women away by now
    I meant the woman's low self-esteem and desperation. Not my own. I do my best to hide those qualities in myself.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

I have yet to meet one that's that desperate
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #1389

I just thought it would be funny to type up what I imagine happens to Rabbit IRL on a nearly-daily basis.

Mordy, if I put on a dress, will you count me as a girl? I can be desperate and drunk and pretend to have low self-esteem...
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2009-11-17 at 02:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

I am all for men wearing dresses more often...

Not for me, of course...

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Drakeblood4, The Dark Immortal Blood
    SilverRaptor, Sarros, The Russian Ice Immortal
    Je Dit Viola, Violet, The French Viola Playing Immortal with a history of pain
    Jesse Drake, The Narrator and Cousin of Blood

Spoiler
    Show
    The Playgrounder
    There Can Be Only One

Not a year has gone by that I don't regret this curse that has fallen upon me. It's been five hundred of those cursed things too, so I've felt a lot of regret. But that's not to say there aren't a few benefits to being immortal. It's just, sometimes, it sure doesn't feel like it.

I myself am a writer. I do not care too much for the thought of true power. It does not tempt me at all. Though there are others who it means the world to. And those "people" are the reason I stay in this monastery all my life. They are the ones who I am afraid of.

Those, like my ex-cousin, Blood. I donnot care to say his true name, for it belonged to my cousin, before the power got to him. And now, that person is completely dead. And the creature who took his body can live for a long long time.

But today is unlike any other day. Today I received a letter from an old friend. Violet, the French Fiddler, another like myself, not only immortal, but content to live her life without violence. Though it may have been me who made her that way, for I was not always a man of peace. I took her loved one from her, and the fact she has forgiven me is no small task.

But that was years ago. I'd like to say she forgot, but that's not true. We don't forget easily. But she has come to terms and we do not discuss it. Did not discuss it, that is. I admit, it has been at least 100 years since we spoke. That's why the letter came as a surprise.

But I answered it- as a friend, I owed her that much. She beckoned me to join her in Haiti, a small island not too far from my current hide away spot. A call had been made. It seemed he was back.

I joined Sarros, a younger immortal I met in Russia, at the Florida airport. He smiled. "It's been too long Jesse." he said with a jovial, well trained American accent. "Far too long."

I agreed. It was not often we immortals got together, and even less often it was for something good. And, alas, this was not one of those times. But it was a reunion none the less, so pleasantries could be exchanged.

Sarros was different from most immortals. He was one of the lucky ones who possessed an outward power, beyond our almost eternal bodies. He could freeze things. Well, he could freeze water at least. It was a very special talent that almost any other immortal would lose there life trying to get. But not I. I did not desire more power. As I said, I found it to be a curse.

But his power is handy. It was how we managed to defeat Blood all those years ago. He was stuck in an ice cube, thrown down a pit, and left there. Apparently he got out.

Violet didn't say much in her letter. Only that he was sighted in France. That's why she got out of there. She called me cause he was my cousin, and presumably I'd like to be the one to take him out. It was true, and yet it wasn't. I didn't want to kill what used to be my cousin. But I didn't want to risk anyone elses life doing it.

I arrived and was greeted by a warm, yet somewhat mechanical hug. She still harbored some malice towards me, and no doubt seeing him again has stirred those feelings around even more. But there was nothing I could do about it. I asked where we should go. She took me to a beach. After ordering a few drinks, she spoke.

Tears streamed down her eyes. "I... I should have told him." she spat out. I didn't question who, for I had a knot in my stomache telling me not to ask. "He didn't know about us immortals. And when Blood came out started shouting for me, he went out and decided to 'take care of things' for me."

We both looked down. We knew what that meant. There was not a single one of us who had not lost a loved one to, well, age, disease, and in some rare, painful instances, murder. But this was worse. She continued.

"I should have told him not to go out. I could have explained it all- oh, but he wouldn't have believed it. I'm so stupid. I should have been more open. But his death. His death was terrible. Blood cracked him in half... then he flayed him, but that wasn't the worst part of it. The broken back had not killed him. I could hear the cries of pain as he lost his skin..."

She did not continue. She didn't have to, nor would I want her to. I patter her on the shoulder and apologized. It seemed like me and my kin were destined to keep this woman in eternal pain. And there was nothing I could do about it. Except risk my own neck stopping him.

"Can't we just freeze him again?" asked Sarros. I shook my head.

"No. He escaped once, he'll do it again. We have to destroy him. I have to destroy him."

Violet wiped her eyes. "I'm going too." She said. "I want to see him fall. I want to see him suffer for every moment of pain he's caused me- no, he's caused the world."

"Violet, you are no warrior-"

"And you are?" She asked sharply. "What, does staying in a churches basement for 100 years suddenly make you a Knight Templar? No, you're not doing this alone. Blood is more powerful than all of us combined."

I could have mentioned the power I drew from her past love, but I didn't. She knew I possessed it, and if she didn't feel it was powerful enough to defeat Blood on my own, then I could not argue that. But I did worry.

I drew in a deep breath. It was gonna be tough. But I knew I had to do it, and I grit my teeth hard. It was time to face my past. It was time to go home.

We took the next flight to Spain. The tickets were easy to get, since we all possessed trinkets from our youth that fetched a pretty penny.

The three of us arrived in Spain in no time. Well, we'd spent several decades living our lives, a few hours felt like nothing. But it was nice. The sight, it was beautiful. The clouds were lovely. The world below looked like a doll house.

Once in Spain, I felt him. And I knew he felt me. He was close, not even a whole city away. He had expected us.

I paid for our room. A large one. Two rooms and a couch. It'd be nice. Sarros was excited. Just like he was all those years ago. He thought of this as an adventure, and I hated to burst his bubble, but he risked his life just like us. And if Blood got his power, then things would get worse.

That night, I felt the surge. I had not slept a wink, yet the others manageed to get a little. But his presence sent shivers down all of our spines. Cold sweat dripped down our faces. He was powerful. I could see why Violet was so afraid.

I reached for my cane, and withdrew the rapier from it. Violet took her viola case and opened it from a secret compartment. She had an extendable sword hidden away. Sarros looked at us. "You guys brought swords with you?" I shook my head.

"Sarros- this is serious stuff friend. I told you when I met you, never travel without your sword. Your blade is your life. It is an extension of you. If another immortal comes to you, you have to be able to defend yourself."

"I have the power to freeze others! I've been attacked twice, and both times I froze the jerk and took off. It's no biggie. I am a pro." I shook my head. This was something I didn't have the time to deal with.

"Just lay low." I ordered. "I don't want to lose you." Why did Violet call him anyways? I know he was one of the ones who helped us years ago, but his mind was somewhat simple. He didn't seem to be able to work his way around situations.

But that was a different story. I didn't dislike Sarros. In fact, he was one of my closest friends now. But this situation- a situation where I may lose him, well...

Then the feeling grew strong. A drop of blood trickled down my nose, and I knew he was close. He projected an image into my head. It was him, crushing some poor fool over his knee. I cringed.

Then the glass burst. We were on the third story, yet he managed to send a shock wave towards us. I took my position. Violet took hers. Then, he leapt into the room, with a mighty leap, using sound waves behind him to give him a slight push. (Siryn, anyone?)

He wore black armor- covered in spikes. And his helmet had two tiny slits for eyes, and they glew red. I felt a spark in me ignite. The sparks within me started to fly. I lifted my hand and pointed it at him. Then, lightning shot out and grabbed him. I pulled him toward me, then with my other arm, swung at him.

My strike was easily parried, and he reacted by swinging his mighty greatsword. Violet, who's eyes twitched when she saw me use that power, didn't move. She let me struggle. I fought the foe, ducking a bit and dipping away. "Cousin." he grunted. "You've been lazy, haven't you?" He kicked me back, and got ready to swing his blade. Then Sarros grabbed his arm. It froze, but only for a moment. "You." he laughed. Then he took his head.

"NO!" I roared. I leapt up, and pierced the armor easily. I then kicked him down, and out the window. But it was too late. Energy started exiting Sarros and entering Blood. It was terrible. But I knew if we stopped now, I would never be able to defeat him. I didn't want Sarros's power. I wanted him to keep it, but now, it looked as if I'd be stuck with it. Would my curse ever end.

I got to the window. I looked down, and Blood was getting up. I got ready to leap down, when Violet grabbed my shoulder. "Come on, let's get him." I nodded. It was time to finish this, once and for all.

We jumped from the window. Down onto the broken glass. It was dark, so not many people were around. Those that were left. The three of us were engaged in a heavy battle. I'd swing at him, he'd dodge, and swing back, leaving himself open to a strike from Violet. But he was too keen for that to work that well. He'd deflect the blow and keep going. I wasn't sure if we'd make it.

Then he grabbed me... and I felt the icy grip turn me into a frozen statue of myself.

I awoke several hours later. I was in the hotel room, my blade next to me. I was in warm water. My clothes drenched. On the toilet was a note. "Dear Jesse- He's gone. I wish I had not been the one to do it, for I'm stuck with his memories- full of death and violence. But I'll be fine. Please, go home and stay safe... and I'm sorry. I know he meant a lot to you. I not only saw the evil, but I've seen the man he was. Your cousin."

I packed up my stuff, and left. I got home, standing in my doorway, and looked back at the world. Then I locked my door, and took to the road. I would not be rusty the next time I was challenged.
    Awwww, man! I died! That sucks.
    Good ship there Jesse Drake!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Awwww, man! I died! That sucks.
    Good ship there Jesse Drake!
    Sorry, but it was necessary. If it makes you feel better... I've got nothing.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good story Jesse. Now write one with me in it!!!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, but it was necessary. If it makes you feel better... I've got nothing.
    That's ok. I would have been shocked if you did.

Edit: Speaking of which, I notice a sudden surge of ships. And it started when I left... I wonder if this means something.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-11-17 at 07:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Speaking of which, I notice a sudden surge of ships. And it started when I left... I wonder if this means something.
    It comes and goes in waves. We are none of us bigger than Shipping.

Incidentally... hello, shippers. S'been a while.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post

Hello.

I haven't seen you before, but it looks like you were here from a while ago.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viera champion View Post
    Good story Jesse. Now write one with me in it!!!
    I'm half inspired. But a male viera? I know, that in itself half inspires a story. But those are like two right halves. Maybe... I don't know. It might happen.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1398

'ello dahlink. Velcome back.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #1399

...a male Viera? You mean Viera Champion's a guy?

...And I was just thinking about having Viera be the girl in my ship that I haven't started yet...
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post

...And I was just thinking about having Viera be the girl in my ship that I haven't started yet...
    When are you getting your womanhood back anyways?

21. - Top - End - #1401

@Viola and Jesse Drake- sorry to disappoint you that I'm a guy. Hmm... a genetic mutation could create a male viera.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Viera champion View Post
    @Viola and Jesse Drake- sorry to disappoint you that I'm a guy. Hmm... a genetic mutation could create a male viera.
    I was thinking of making him the only male viera, and yet still very effeminate. Also, kind of a diva.
    Last edited by Jesse Drake; 2009-11-17 at 08:48 PM.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403

When are you getting your womanhood back anyways?
    Sometime this week, most likely. I need it back for Thanksgiving.

But...if not, Blue Ghost gave me a spare one.

Now! Enough idle chatter. Back to planning my Ship.

24. - Top - End - #1404

I was thinking of making him the only male viera, and yet still very effeminate. Also, kind of a diva.
    I actually like that idea it sounds cool.

And yes thats right. I just said it sounds cool to make me a feminine yet male bunny person.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2009-11-17 at 08:59 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405

Oh, wait. I get it now!

Viera's like Ganondorf, from the Ocarina of Time. Where there's only one guy Gerudo alive at a time. And all the other ones are girls.
    Except Ganondorf isn't very feminine...

That kinda sparks an idea...
    I'll start writing my idea down. I'll have the ship up tonight, or tomorrow, or on friday or saturday.
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2009-11-17 at 09:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Oh, wait. I get it now!

Viera's like Ganondorf, from the Ocarina of Time. Where there's only one guy Gerudo alive at a time. And all the other ones are girls.
    Except Ganondorf isn't very feminine...

That kinda sparks an idea...
    I'll start writing my idea down. I'll have the ship up tonight, or tomorrow, or on friday or saturday.
    This sounds evil. Are you gonna make me a male viera player?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407

All I'm going to say is:

And expect Tetris.

28. - Top - End - #1408

All I'm going to say is:

And expect Tetris.
    I'm scared.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    'ello dahlink. Velcome back.
    No doubt I'm just popping in for a visit rather than truly returning. I'm far too flaky to remember to hang around.

All I'm going to say is:

And expect Tetris.
    Radicola!

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

Radicola!
    ...Did I mention that I love you, Phoe? Because I'm pretty sure I love you.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-17 at 09:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!