New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The City of Glasken - Party Alpha

Zims nods as he hears the proposal, but his head continued to mull around all the details that he had been absorbing, leaving him frustrated. At first the prospect of sleuthing had excited him, but as it turned out it actually involved quite a lot of work! There were so many details unexplained, including the bracelet he had found. He idly wondered if he might be able to locate somebody who could appraise it for him.

"Yes, there are a few things I might like to take care of myself. And I'm sure I wouldn't have any trouble blending in at this establishment, perhaps I'll even share a song or two while I'm there." Zims grins that comical grin again as he waits for everyone else to finish deciding.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvas nodded, still not really concerned. He still had the Sword that he had picked up off the body if this didn't pan out, and if it was a trap... well, they would get a nasty suprise.

"Let's get moving. We get no closer to the Murderer standing here."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

"Agreed!"

Zims cheerfully sets out, humming a small tune to himself as he made his way to his office to pick up a few things.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless anyone else has anything to say, Zims goes to his office to pick up his weapons/armor before heading over to the Blue Ox, as well as checking up on his business.

Profession Fisher - (1d20+6)[19]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Zims
    "Perhaps you should go ahead, and infilatrate the show by posing as a traveling bard. You can be in their ahead of us, and see if the contact meets anyone else before hand. Act like you don't know us. and we'll go and meet the contact. Turns out to be a trap, we have an extra set of hands there. what do you say?"

For zim (Not IC)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is pretty cool. If i had ranks in bluff and preform would do it.
    Disguise yourself up so can blend in even better.
    I was thinking we could use a couple songs to show that you
    are up there, watching us, waiting to spring into action.
    Last edited by HereticNox; 2009-08-11 at 12:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Domantra 09

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Kartos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zims Fishery has had a fairly successful week. After all taxes, expenses, upkeep, repairs, and payroll, Zims keeps 10gp in profit.

As a note, I'm thinking about keeping track of the business as its own entity. If you want, I can incorporate it into the story more later.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2009-08-11 at 03:58 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, I'm thinking about keeping track of the business as its own entity. If you want, I can incorporate it into the story more later.
    That sounds good to me.

Zims quickly retrieves his arms and his armor before heading back out from his office, smiling contentedly that his business was still doing well. He makes his way to the Blue Ox when he has an idea.

Zims ruffles through his backpack and fishes out the bracelet that he had found at the temple. He runs his fingers over it for a moment and then puts it back. He continues towards the Blue Ox but keeps an eye out for an appraisal shop as he goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    If on his way to the Blue Ox Zims sees a shop that could help identify the bracelet he would like to go in and have them do so. Otherwise he will continue to the Blue Ox and start mingling with the other bards there.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Zims' Fishery is in the docks area on the east side of town. From north to south, starting at the docks you go to warehouses/factories to near slum poor worker housing. Anyone who could identify the bracelet would be in either South Market or West Market, probably West Market... maybe Temple District near the center of the city.

The Blue Ox is in the south eastern area about on the border between the slum area and South Market. Zims would likely not go through the factories but he also wouldn't go far enough west to enter the markets far enough away from the "bad parts of town" to find a jeweler, though he might pass a pawn shop or two. He can try in one of those if he wants, but he might not get much information.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Without a reputable shop to find, Zims would continue to the Blue Ox.

Zims walks into the Blue Ox and picks out a nice crowd to join. He continues to converse with the denizens of the tavern while he watches the door and waits for the rest of the party to arrive.

"So didja hear the one about the two orcs and the elf?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

The Blue Ox - Zims

The crowds at the Blue Ox are wary of Zims at first, but they quickly warm to him. He managed to blend in with them naturally and even ends up on stage once or twice to perform short songs. He tries to keep an eye out, but with all this attention, it's hard not to enjoy it and get lost in it all.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Two rolls: First, a Knowledge (Local) roll to remember an appropriate meeting place near the Ox...somewhere out of the way and inconspicuous: (1d20+17)[37]

And I'm going to preemptively make a Gather Information check. Ark is going to spend the afternoon poking around, trying to dig up anything he can on the murdered priest - good friends, vices, connections, anything potentially relevant: (1d20+12)[27]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Qooroo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ark remembers an old friend who lives in the area, just two or three blocks from the Blue Ox, who would be more than happy to let the party meet in his home, though it's not that grand. He owes Ark quite a few favors and would be most helpful.

Ark uncovers a bit of information, but most of it is things he already knew.

The high priest was loved by many for his charity and generosity. He spent much of his time not only donating but also working with the poor to improve their lot in life. Most of his close friends were of the priesthood of Pelor, as is to be expected, though there are many in the city who would count themselves as his friend.

It seems he had also a penchant for visiting other temples in the district, particularly those of the more evil inclined deities. He always stated that these were attempts at conversion to save their souls. He usually took along two other priests and a few guards into the more dangerous temples.

Ark also uncovers rumors of screams in the night and people disappearing off the street never to be seen again, but these types of urban legends always spring up. Usually, it's a poor attempt by another deity's followers to discredit their rivals.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2009-08-11 at 11:47 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball View Post
    Aslynn arrives as Marcus makes his proposal to the group. She looks down at her temple garb and frowns. "I doubt this would be appropriate attire for wherever you wish to go. There are a few things I would like to attend to here in case I cannot return within a reasonable timeframe, if you all do not mind, of course." She notes the other woman's apprehension with the destination and continues in an attempt to be helpful. "If you do not wish to go Leila, perhaps you could remain here and have a closer look at the markings on Christoph's body. There will probably not be another chance after tonight."
    Leila

Oh- Leila's expression blanks and a flicker of red light in her eyes, might've been seen by Aslynn. Then she regains her composure like nothing happens and continues, Actually, if you don't mind, can I just stay with you? I just don't like being alone with men is all.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Aslynn nods with a friendly smile. "You will need to remain with me inside the temple. If you can tollerate my company for a few hours, then there should be no problem." She leads the way back inside, and requests first to see the high priest's body once more. Before letting Liela investigate, she relays a description of the markings as they were given to her earlier, just in case no one had shared that information with her yet.

While Leila does her work, Aslynn hurries off to her room to change out of her temple raiment. Her clothing is simple and sturdy, and she grabs her bag of the same dull grey color and slings the strap over one shoulder so that the contents rest against the opposite hip. With the addition of a warm cloak the small room is left empty, as though no one lived in it.

She returns, and remains outside the room, turning to the guards there. "There were a few priests missing earlier. Have they been found yet?"
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

(adrian will meet the forward party at the blue ox at the appointed time)

For his part, Adrian returns to his home, and returnes dressed more sensibly if less fashionably, the hilt of a greatsword protruding from the neackline of his cloak, and a faint, barely noticable rustling can be heard when he moves. There are also a stringed crossbow and a smll quiver hanging on his belt. Everything is of the finest quality.

On a table at home, he leaves a small note:

Gone to Blue Ox to investigate High Preist Christph's murder.
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

The Temple of Pelor - Aslynn and Leila

The guard smiles when he sees Aslynn. "No ma'am. We only just learned they were missing a few minutes ago. A full search is about to begin. Don't worry though, we'll catch them."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

16. - Top - End - #136

As Marcus' steps echo through the night, he comes into the light cast by the lantern. He stands there fashionable dressed. His brown hair is slightly wet, and his body has the appearance of being freshly cleaned. No weapons are visible, but spotting the small hilt protruding from Adrian's neck line. Marcus winks, and opens his coat, exposing a small crossbow.

His eyes close for a second, and he breaths deeply. Releasing it a slow place, he repeats this excerise for several seconds. Opening his eyes, and breathing normally. He apparently is finished with whatever he is doing. He then turns to face the group. Opening the door, Marcus politely holds the door open. With a smile he says, "After you."

DM only
    Spoiler
    Show

Take 20 on Sleight of Hand at home to hide my crossbow and daggers

Concentration, unless I can take 20 also, to become psionicly focused.
    (1d20+8)[17]

Spot check inside
    (1d20+4)[14]

Activate Empathy Augmented to 3 pp's for about 3 hours,

I have 4 of the uses for the bonus left.
    Spoiler
    Show

Domantra 09

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Ark disseminates the new address.

"Everyone meet here an hour before the meeting proper. We can work out any details in the plan then if necessary. Until then.", he say, nodding to the group before walking away, and quickly melting into the nearest crowd.

A short time later, Ark has, with the aid of several shortcuts and side streets, made his way back home. He stops to hug his parents before retiring to his room to equip himself more appropriately. This done, he steps back outside, considerably more comfortable in these surroundings than he was at the temple. He glances at the way the shadows are being cast by the buildings around him, before concluding that he has as many as five hours before he needs to be at the meeting, providing he takes the time to touch base with his friend beforehand.

What was it that got you killed, priest?, he thinks to himself as he starts down the street.
    Last edited by Qooroo; 2009-08-12 at 01:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Catch?" Aslynn blinks sweetly. "You think they were a part of this? If so, would it be possible for us to search their rooms?"
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

The Temple of Pelor - Aslynn and Leila

"Why else would those traitorous cowards flee? But no, their rooms are being searched as we speak. You might have a chance to look them over once we have finished our search. It depends on Kellan. Ask her."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"I'll do that then. Thank you. When Leila finishes would you send her to join me?"
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh, it's probably better if you look for her. I'm not about to tell the captain to do anything. I value my job, thank you."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Of course." Aslynn nodded and started off to search for Kellan, or the keeper of the vault. Whichever she found first would do.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Ark's Friend's home - Ark, Arvas, and Marcus

The three of you arrive at the house about a block away from the Blue Ox to make any kind of contingent plans and otherwise prepare to head that direction.

[hr]The Temple of Pelor - Aslynn and Leila

Kellan is busy overseeing the guards in the aftermath of the attempted robbery and successful murder. She gives nothing more than short, curt responses but gives you permission to search the rooms of the two missing priests, pointing you in that direction. You find them easily, because a guard is posted outside of each room.

[hr]The Blue Ox - Zims

Another bard has arrived and stolen the spotlight from Zims, who is now sitting in a table near the open floor area where bards and storytellers usually perform. He doesn't spot anything out of the ordinary but keeps his eyes peeled.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zims could probably make a perform check to earn some coin during this time...*hint hint*
    Last edited by Rizban; 2009-08-13 at 06:39 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    But that's what they'd want me to do..erm I mean...

Zims sizes up the newcomer, a little disappointed to be out of the spotlight. But on the other hand, that spotlight had to be earned, didn't it?

"Has anyone here heard the tale of Roland the Mighty?" Before anyone has a chance to respond Zims jumps up on one of the tables and casts a spell. Three dancing orbs of light emerge, one blue, one pink, and one red. They hover around Zims and dance along with the song, each representing one of the major characters involved.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zims casts Dancing Lights to create the light orbs.

Perform - (1d20+14)[27]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Aslynn thanks the captain and hurries off. She nods at the guards and informs them politely that Kellan has given her permission to search the rooms. Others had already gone over the rooms, and she doubts she'll find anything, but decides to take her time anyway just in case.

Spoiler
    Show

search - taking 20 = 22
    spot - (1d20+5)[16]
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((So.... we go into the bar, what then??))

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Kartos
    Spoiler
    Show
    amount of gold earned - (2d6)[11]

The Blue Ox - Ark, Arvas, Marcus, and Zims

Ark, Arvas, and Marcus arrive at the Blue Ox waiting for their meeting. As they are seating, Marcus and Zims make eye contact as Zims assures him everything seems alright. Shortly after they arrive, the tavern's serving girl brings a round of ales, under which is a small note from the man who is to be meeting them. It gives a room number up on the next floor and says to meet there.

[hr]Temple of Pelor - Aslynn and Leila

Unfortunately, Aslynn finds nothing of note. It appears that the two priests were faithful followers of Pelor and have nothing hidden in their rooms. Most of their things are in disarray as previous searches had been conducted, but there is no evidence that they were involved in any kind of foul play.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

On his way to the stairs, Ark passes by Zims and gives him a few coins, one of which has the note wrapped around it. Outside the door to the contact's room he motions to Stella to wait outside.
    Last edited by Qooroo; 2009-08-15 at 06:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

Zims waits for a moment to slip off and heads upstairs to join the rest of the group.

"Hey, you guys look familiar!" he whispers.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Adrian chuckles softly at that.

As do you, what did you find out?