New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: War of the Iron Fists

"I'm just not quite sure why people dance around a situation, and not say things how they really are. People deserve to know the truth about any given situation, especially when their lives are at risk."

Azaril grins, draws her swords and smirks. "But of course, some of us just go along with it for the thrill of surprise and battle."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

MonkGuy

As you guys are talking and walking, you eventually leave the small town and see a four tents a band of people seated around a campfire: two human, one gnome, and an elf. The gnome is the only male among them.

"Azaril, please, shealth yer weapons. We all be friends here. Save yer strenght for the journey an' battles ahead. It be a seven day walk until we get ta the woods. These four be me traveling companions also sent ta find ye Raging Bear.

"Attention friends! I found Raging Bear and three others ta aid the resistance. Thar names be Faris the Faceless, Azaril en'Quella, an' Iare Ashgaze. An' these gentleman and ladies seated around the fire be:"

"Hilda Redleaf" (a human with almond hair wearing a green robe and a necklace with the symbol of Obad-Hai engraved into it)

"Daloris Finglebottom" (also a human with black hair tied back and a large great sword sheathed across her back, she also has several daggers in sheaths around her belt)

"Avron Swengwen" (an elf wearing leather armor and carrying a long bow)

"Gwimos Morsblade" (a gnome with two scimitars, a goatee, and large smirk on his face)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I could not put it better myself Azaril, things are simpler when intentions are made clear"
    Raging Bear goes before those sitting around the fire and dramatically slams his axe head first into the ground at his feet and rests some of his weight on it.

"I am raging Bear, how may i assist you?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Iare gives a small, understated bow. "Iare Ashgaze."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

MonkGuy

"Well, raging squirrel," Gwimos says, "Why don't you go out and bring back some more fire wood for a real man."

6. - Top - End - #36

Azaril raises an eyebrow and smirks. "You come crawling to our feet then proceed to insult him?" She seems to hint at the fact that her own scimitars are the same size as Gwimos himself.

"For someone in your position standing in front of a party of people who could probably cleave you from shoulder to hip in one blow..." Azaril leans forward and slaps him squarely on the shoulder. "I am honored to see such bravery."

7. - Top - End - #37

"Disrespect is not what i expected from those who requested my aid."
    Raging bear does not change his stance in the least, he is noticeably annoyed.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

MonkGuy

Angel: Gwinos says to you "Ow, sorry. I wasn't insulting you, just this runt. Say, those are nice scimitars. Wanna see mine?" (he motions towards his belt where his scimitars are sheathed) "But if you want to see my greatsword, sleep in my tent tonight baby." He winks at you.

Daloris interrupts the sexual advances of the arrogant gnome and says "Sorry about Gwimos. He's an idiot."

Gwimos says something in gnomish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In some gnomish cultures, being an idiots a sign of masculinity and being excellent in the sack."

He grins when he's done speaking.

Daloris continues: "Despite what he says, we are thankful for you aid. This force is bigger than anything we're used. We need strong warriors especially like Raging Bear who I'm sure will prove himself in battle."

9. - Top - End - #39

Shrugging and bemused, Azaril approaches Gwimos' tent and looks back at him. "I'm not quite sure I understand how the act of sleeping in your tent would be beneficial if you wish to show me the quality of your weaponry. Does it contain some kind of extraplanar space where you keep your armory? It does seem a little small afterall." Running her fingers back through her hair she attempts to try and understand what Gwimos meant.

"I would also like to point out that regardless of how I may look, Raging Bear is not the only capable warrior amongst our group."
    She seems to scowl at the insult to her honor, whether it was intentional or not. "If you wish me to prove myself in battle, then I shall do so."

10. - Top - End - #40

Faris takes off his helmet (leaving on the wrappings underneath) and bows his head.

"Faris the Faceless, Crusader of the Peace God. And I'd be careful insulting Raging Bear if I were you. You know those kind of nicknames where you call a big guy Tiny? Raging Bear's name is nothing like that. As to your forest, it's safe with me. Either I'll protect it from harm or die trying."

Faris takes out his scythe, the adamantine blade gleaming in the firelight. It almost looks hungry. He places his helmet back on his head and uses the scythe as a crutch to lean against.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Number of Awesome Points Won: Serious

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

MonkGuy

Gwimos grins and says to Azaril "Actually, there is some extraplanar space in my pants. It's the only way I can carry around a 'weapon' as big as my own. And, a, as for you proving you martial skills, might I suggest we duel, not with weapons, but with bare arms in a wrestling match and to make it even more challenging, I say we do it in a pit of mud."

Avron fires an arrow right past Gwimos's head and says in gnomish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The next one will be going for your 'personal weapon.'"

Daloris says to Faris "That's mighty brave of you to pledge your life for our cause, but let us hope that's a pledge you won't have to fully prove to us."

12. - Top - End - #42

"Yeah, let's both hope I make it out of this alive."

He flicks his gaze towards the gnome, then back to Daloris.

"And it looks like that's something he ought to be worrying about, too."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

MonkGuy

Gwimos says to Faris with a wide grin "What do you mean by that? You calling me weak? I'm the greatest warrior the world has and will ever see. I slice up giants 10 times my size before breakfast and still have enough energy to take down a dragon that could eat me in one bite. I am the gnomish manifestation of war!"

14. - Top - End - #44

"I'm saying that the more you babble, the more I'm convinced that you talk so much because you've got nothing to back it up."

Faris speaks without expression, as if what he said was just another comment in the midst of idle chatter.

"There should be another invasion soon. You can prove me wrong then."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

15. - Top - End - #45

Raging Bear sits down by the fire and stares deep into the flames, Seating his axe down beside him. He rubs his forehead as if he has a headache.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

I am so lost. Renfire never did anything like this...

Iare sits down quietly to observe what's going on. Gwimos's innuendos fly right by him without even registering, and Iare grows increasingly confused by the conversation. He seems a bit relieved when Faris drags everyone back on topic, and then concerned again with Gwimos's bravado.

He sighs. What did I get myself into?

17. - Top - End - #47

Azaril, still staring at the gnome in bewilderment, suddenly understands what he has been saying mainly due to the reaction of those around him.

"I see." She says, "If you are referring to the act of sexual intercourse with me, Gwimos, I would have to refuse your request. Now is hardly the time for such frivolity, and I do not believe your short stature would be able to satisfy my specific needs." Azaril's face is kept straight and there is no hint of humor in what she has said. It would be very difficult to know whether to laugh because it was Azaril trying to be funny, or laugh because Gwimos may have possibly met his match with a person who just doesn't get it at all.

"Please continue with more information about your foes. I like to know as much as I can about those I am about to slay."

18. - Top - End - #48

Raging Bear holds back a smirk with regards to the matter-of-fact retort to the gnome, he concentrates on the dancing flames and waits for the information to be given so the group might choose it's next course of action.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course. Genitals. That's the first thing I think of when someone mentions a greatsword. Iare buries his face in his hands, his voice cranky even in his own head. I think I'll stick close to Faris when the fighting starts.

20. - Top - End - #50

"I have to agree with the Elf. I think it'd be a lot more beneficial to learn everything we can about the people we're going to be facing. There's a time and a place for everything. Now's not the time for chatter."

Faris begins looking over his scythe for any scratches or dents as he speaks.

"So. Anything else we should be expecting?"
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

21. - Top - End - #51

"I have to ask though, what makes Raging Bear so important?" Azaril shrugs. "I'm sure there are plenty of skilled professionals around, like myself of course, so why him?"

Her question seems harmless and innocently asked, and she seems unaware that it may offend anyone.

22. - Top - End - #52

"They've probably had contact with his tribe and heard of his exploits. Anyway, whatever reason they had for wanting Raging Bear specifically must be a good one. He's one of the best men I know."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

23. - Top - End - #53

"Well now we're all happy families, how about we get down to business?" Azaril makes herself comfortable and warms herself on the camp fire. "What is the plan?"

24. - Top - End - #54

"You are far to modest concerning your own abilities Faris..."
    Raging Bear seems to be put in a better mood by the conversation
    "So far i can only guess we must wait for them to strike first, While i hate being on the defensive it seems our only option as we know not where our foes hide."

25. - Top - End - #55

"I'm more comfortable with them coming here, anyway. If they're looking for us, they're not bothering innocents. And I just don't like the idea of attacking with provocation. I will give them a chance to surrender, but...they never do."

He runs an armored hand across the top of his scythe, making a soft, metallic squeal.

"It's a damn shame."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Iare frowns, and asks softly, "And what happens if they're looking for us, and happen to find innocent people? Wouldn't it be better to be proactive?"
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2009-08-12 at 12:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Faris lowers his head a bit, his brows furrowed under his wrappings. After a long pause, he speaks again.

"If that happens...then we'll make them regret it. But there's no use in scattering ourselves, dissolving the strength we have. If we want to be proactive, we have to listen and react first. Find out where they're coming from. And then we go to them and find out why."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Iare nods. "...okay."

29. - Top - End - #59

When Faris speaks again, it is in a pained voice. He's trying to suppress it, but worry clearly comes through. He places his hand on Iare's shoulder again and says,

"Listen, son...I know you want to do this, but you're going to be put in some dangerous situations, see some terrible things, and do terrible things. You're not going to be able to sleep a lot of nights, and...I just thought you should know what you're getting into this. This kind of life. You shouldn't have to see these kind of things when you're young."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Iare narrows his eyes. "My hometown was sacked by a necromancer and his cronies when I was seven. Not too long ago, I saw most of those responsible incinerated in a matter of seconds. I appreciate your concern, but if you wanted to preserve my innocence as long as possible, you're about a decade too late."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2009-08-12 at 08:43 PM.