New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: LoC 4: Genesis IC

Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Va View Post
    "What I am?" Sakor was confused about everything but at the same time knew everything. As looked around as if to search for the answer then looked at his image. "... Time, I am Time."
    The Dread Emperor thinks for a second, "'Time' feels oddly familiar..." It was true. It was as it always was, but now finally had a name. If The Dread Emperor concentrated hard enough, it was as if she could see it flow... "What is 'time'?"
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."
    -Wash

Sharing is caring, and I don't care.

Omnia erit bonus.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nagas chuckled. "Sure, I'd agree to let you make some more. Just follow my desins, and it will work" He said "Observe my creations, make a hypothesis about what you want to do, gather the neccessary materials, Experiment with it, Gather the data from your experiment, publish the data, repeat, then draw conclusinos. That's... The Nagas Method!"

4 ap= 5-1 (Create Concept: Scientific Nagas Method)
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sun

Kane had watched all, from his perch on the sun. He shrugged, and fell deep into its warm embrace, collecting his power. Soon he would have enough to begin to affect the world again, but for now he just wanted rest.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Malistio, the Great Desert
    Sitting among the dunes. He had an annoying buzzing in his head for some time and didn't know hwo to get rid of it. It was very distracting and made it hard to concentrate.
    "If only I could remove this noise from my head I could think clearly."
    He shook his head, seeing if that worked. It didn't. Maybe if he used some of his power... Worth a try. He decided on using the sand and tapped into it, drawing power from it as he forced the buzzing sound from his mind. He kept hearing it, but not because it was in his mind. He watched as thousands of small creatures with 6 legs, wings, a hard outer shell and strong mandibles formed from the sand. They were locusts, and a swarm fo them had popped from his mind. He summoned a great wind to scatter them and send them away from his desert. They scattered into many small swarms and spread away into the mountains.

[Spend 1 Sand D-AP to create World Element: Locusts; Spend 4 AP to tap Illusion Domain (Forgot to spend the AP in my last post, hope this is ok) = 0 AP]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"What I want to do is provide all these new carnivores with something to eat, a few deer simply aren't enough.Humm, something large for the Gricks and Grells, something small for the snakes, and maybe some over all diversity. but first their needs to be more plants" And so the Zombie Master began to create. First he made some of the trees taller and thiner with small leaves and planted them on the mountains. Then he made some of the other trees grow large fleshy fruit in sets of two and called them pairs. And then from the thin leaves of the mountain trees he made grass and let it grow every ware there where not trees, even into the deserts ware it became fat and spiny and grew without water. Then, using the Grells as a model he made thing things to eat the pairs, their long dangling tenticals now ending in three suction cupped fingers rather that barbarous hooks and them resting in the branches of trees rather than in the darkness of caves. To eat the grass he made a creature had two long legs ending in beaked mouthes that waked slowly across the grass leaving large holes in the terrain where it had gone. in the ground he made worms for the moles and strange things with five arms that crawled on the ocean floor and in the pine forests. "There" he said satisfied "that should do for now ."

(15 ap = 24 -1each for making starfish, land star fish, worms, grass eating things(i dont know what they are called yet eather), bird grells, pine trees, pairs (like pears but cooler), grass and cacti. I had ap to burn.)
    Last edited by kopout; 2009-08-28 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

MAlistio moved to the edges of the desert closest to the mountains. He looked at the cacti that had starte growing. How... how were plants growing here of all places? Hmm... Interesting. They survived without water. And yet, nothing could survive the heat and dryness of the desert to get to the cacti and eat them. He didn't want this plant to spread so he gathered up sand and blew molded it, using the heat to melt it and give it a glossy out coating. They had large circular bodies with two red crystals for eyes and large mandibles. They moved on 6 spindly legs and would burrow into the sand to hunt. They would eat meat, but mainly fed on the cacti. He called them Stag Beetles. Then he gathered several tons of sand and formed a massive snake-like shape, but its hide was hard like the beetles. He made only a couple of these massive beasts, each over a mile long. He called then Sand Wurms. And alstly he gathered intense areas of heata nd caused the air to shimmer, and when viewed from a distance the heat would create the illusion of water.

[Spend 1 AP to Create World Element: Stag Beetle, 1 Sand AP to Create World Element: Sand Wurms, and 1 Illusion AP to Create World Element: Mirages = 2 AP]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Sensashara, a Rocky Outcropping Atop The Highest Peak

Two unborn forms stood before him. Both had the bodies of snakes and the arms and heads of thinking things, but the one on the left was slightly taller and covered in auburn and rusty tones, while the one on the right was the barest bit thinner and colored in mottled yellow and dull browns.

"Live..." spoke the Lord of Fear.

And the divine spark entered them, and Sensashara spoke once more.

"You in red shall dwell in the forests and overcome mighty beasts to prove your worth. You who are yellow will walk the deserts and proclaim your devotion to myself and what other powers offer you favor. These things will be your goals. Shaka-Ti in the forests to grow his might, Yuan-Sha in the deserts to expand his wisdom. And for each of you I will grow followers, followers who you will rule over as chief, as lord and master. Any who question you and do not recant are to be cast out to make of life what they can without your divine aid."

And Shaka-Ti went to the forests beyond the mountains where he met a tribe of things like himself, and the tribe took his name, and they ate of the Doha fruit and the flesh of the little things. And Yuan-Sha ventured into Dichot's deserts where a tribe who had been foretold of his coming dwelled, and they roamed the sands venturing from oasis to oasis and praising Sensashara for granting them life.

At sunset each night, all the yuan-ti were taught to turn towards the World's Heart and pray to the Obelisk of Sensashara that their prayers might be heard and their lives spared.

6 AP - 1 CWE Charge (Yuan-Sha) - 1 CWE Charge (Shaka-Ti) - 3 AP (Create Population: Yuan-Sha) - 3 AP (Create Population: Shaka-Ti) - 1 Fear AP (CWE: Obelisk Worship) = 0 AP, 0 Fear AP, 0 CWE Charges

8. - Top - End - #248

Alcaora and Uthen, dreaming dreams...

Dropped by his grandfather into the soft warmth of the sun, Alcaora dreamt... and in his sleep he was accompanied by the newly dubbed Uthen.

Swirling in his thoughts, his divine power building up, he looked upon the world. He saw things live, and was delighted. And so his dreams roamed, popping in creatures that looked like him, setting up societies and lives for them. Oh, what wonderful things to think about... yet he didn't realize that with his divine power he was more than just thinking about them being in the world... he was willing them in. And down on the surface below, humans, the ingenuity and adaptation of soul began to form, rising from the mud and earth, with the wind breathing life into them, and their souls being burned to their cores. After them, the gracefulness of Alcaora was warped into wooden shapes, and from the trees the voice of nature was infused with life, creating the Elves. And deep in the heart of the stone, the willpower and determination of Alcaora formed into tough, stout figures, taking cues from the boulders themselves. Forged from the mountain's heart to bang stone into dwellings and metal into tools, the Dwarves awakened.

Without knowing his new creations to be created, he drifted back into his slumber, a more exhausted and restful sleep. He did not know of his new beings, but they knew of him. And Uthen knew of them. He came down upon the new people, and became his word, his exarch, and the people's protector.

Spoiler
    Show
    18+1life: -3 create humans, -3 create elves, -3 create dwarves, -3 influence population X 3 (humans, elves, dwarves). Uthen is in the human population.
    -11/-1life total
    7+0AP left
    Petition for an increase in Divine Rank

9. - Top - End - #249

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Meirnon View Post
    Alcaora and Uthen, dreaming dreams...

Dropped by his grandfather into the soft warmth of the sun, Alcaora dreamt... and in his sleep he was accompanied by the newly dubbed Uthen.

Swirling in his thoughts, his divine power building up, he looked upon the world. He saw things live, and was delighted. And so his dreams roamed, popping in creatures that looked like him, setting up societies and lives for them. Oh, what wonderful things to think about... yet he didn't realize that with his divine power he was more than just thinking about them being in the world... he was willing them in. And down on the surface below, humans, the ingenuity and adaptation of soul began to form, rising from the mud and earth, with the wind breathing life into them, and their souls being burned to their cores. After them, the gracefulness of Alcaora was warped into wooden shapes, and from the trees the voice of nature was infused with life, creating the Elves. And deep in the heart of the stone, the willpower and determination of Alcaora formed into tough, stout figures, taking cues from the boulders themselves. Forged from the mountain's heart to bang stone into dwellings and metal into tools, the Dwarves awakened.

Without knowing his new creations to be created, he drifted back into his slumber, a more exhausted and restful sleep. He did not know of his new beings, but they knew of him. And Uthen knew of them. He came down upon the new people, and became his word, his exarch, and the people's protector.

Spoiler
    Show
    18+1life: -3 create humans, -3 create elves, -3 create dwarves, -3 influence population X 3 (humans, elves, dwarves). Uthen is in the human population.
    -11/-1life total
    7+0AP left
    Petition for an increase in Divine Rank
    The Dread Emperor became bored as the newcomer was taking his time, so thats what time is. The Dread Emperor let him be. He began to channel the power of what he controlled, allowing it to flow through him. As this happened, she felt its opposite at work from the dreams of a god. He was curious about the new creations, but mostly about the humans, weakest of the creations. She came down to the first of them, Uthen among them. He spoke, "Greetings mortals, I am The Dread Emperor, I am Lord of Death and the Dead's souls."

9 - 4 (Tap Death domain) = 5 AP
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

10. - Top - End - #250

Uthen, in the society of humans

Ah, you are the sibling of my grandfather. Death? Why let them die? They are alive, and while not divine, they have the right to live. They should be allowed to grow and to live.
    Last edited by Meirnon; 2009-09-02 at 09:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Kane, the Sun

Kane's eyes opened and he yawned. He paused looking at the fire boiling around him. He smiled and then looked down at the worl, it was truly coming along nicely. Then he thought it was missing a little majesty.

He took a deep breath and blew into the space around him. He kept at it until, a beast like himself- smaller, but still golden, came into being.

With a quiet chirp it left. Kane repeated the process once, twice, a dozen times.

When he was done, he sat back and watched his new children.

(5 AP Spent, 1 to create Dragons, 1 to tap domain Dragon)
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-09-02 at 09:58 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #252

MindFlayer

Ah, you are the sibling of my grandfather. Death? Why let them die? They are alive, and while not divine, they have the right to live. They should be allowed to grow and to live.
    The Dread Emperor turns to Uthen, "True they do have a right to live, but they also have a responsibility to die, something I have no control over."

The Dread Emperor returns his gave to the human crowd and she says, "I have come here today because I am curious about you, you are certainly the weakest of the new races, who live longer and are stronger respectfully. Additionally I wish to see you become a stronger race and not to die out completely."
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

13. - Top - End - #253

Not understanding what he meant by "weak", Uthen went back to helping the Humans build their society. He knew they weren't weak... just because they weren't long-lived didn't mean they died any easier, it just made them more passionate. Just because they weren't extraordinary in their build didn't mean they couldn't stand any greater, it just made them flexible. Uthen knew he had to teach them, and he had to teach them to fulfill their potential, their adaptability being their survival if that is how it had to be.

And so the humans built. They worked and learned to take on any niche in life they had to, and thriving with it.

This is the strength of humans, Uthen thought...

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Dichot, over the world.

Dichot watched as his brother created his Snake men, and the others created the warm bloods. Dichot knew it was time he made his own such mark. He looked to his creations, the Naga, and gave them life. First, in honor of night he created a naga that looked somewhat like the vipers, with shadow colored scales and barbs on their tails. He sent these creatures, longer than a man was tall and with a face that was disturbingly human despite it's serpentine features and their cousins the vipers to the men. "Watch over these warm blooded creatures, make sure they cause no trouble for your kind or the serpent men." The sad head told the Dark Naga, and they slithered off to do his will. Next, he breathed life into a second kind, and created a kind of snake to be like them. Their scales were greens and golds, and they bore great hoods over their heads to shield them from the light and make them seem more fearsome. To these Naga the jester head spoke "watch over my brothers creations, and take these cobras with you. See that they are done no harm by outsiders and that they in turn do no real harm to the world or my desert." And so to did the Guardians slither off with the Cobras in tow.

11AP=18AP - 3AP Create Populous (Dark Naga) -3AP Create Populous, -1AP (desert) World Element, Cobras
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #255

MindFlayer

Not understanding what he meant by "weak", Uthen went back to helping the Humans build their society. He knew they weren't weak... just because they weren't long-lived didn't mean they died any easier, it just made them more passionate. Just because they weren't extraordinary in their build didn't mean they couldn't stand any greater, it just made them flexible. Uthen knew he had to teach them, and he had to teach them to fulfill their potential, their adaptability being their survival if that is how it had to be.

And so the humans built. They worked and learned to take on any niche in life they had to, and thriving with it.

This is the strength of humans, Uthen thought...
    With the humans

The Dread Emperor saw the humans, some cowered in fear, others in denial, but none listened, at first. So the Dread Emperor left. The next day an old women came to town, older and more fragile then any these humans had met before, and she asked the humans who came out for a place to stay. "What happened to you?" They asked. The woman chuckled, "I am old and tired." Amazed they gave bed and water. That night she died, and thus they saw their first death, for before that none had died, for they were a young race. They mourned for her and sought to preserve her body in the ground, burying her.
    Last edited by deathpigeon; 2009-09-13 at 03:10 PM.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.