New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Four Little Countries…

The dust settles slowly, leaving the cave dark - the sounds of battle are muffled, and it is quiet enough to hear your own breathing loud and clear. There is a dull beam of light lancing down from the ceiling, illuminating a small patch of dry ground somewhere near the middle. The walls on the section closest to the former entrance are unnaturally smooth, as if someone had carved it out, and as they grow more jagged further back the ceiling slants down so that the very back of the cave recedes into a crack in the rock.

The cave is large - you can tell, even with the lack of light, simply by the echo of any sound and the feeling of emptiness all around. The air is stale, and the faint scent of rotting vegetation drifts down from above.

As you grow slightly more accustomed to the darkness, you begin to notice that there are others in the cave with you…
    Last edited by FirebirdFlying; 2009-08-14 at 08:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Four Little Countries…

Itzi

"Bloody caves. The Misthawk must be quite disappointed in me..." Barely three feet tall and dressed in loose brown clothing, the goblin wasn't exactly the most imposing soldier in the cave. His dark red skin looked more like charcoal in this light, and little good could be said about his sharply angular face. Regardless, he was clearly in a familiar position; there was no trace of surprise at ending up in a room with several opposing forces.

Moving over to inspect the collapse, he ran his hand along the wall near the entrance. "This looks worked. Either very poor construction, or... did someone rig that to collapse?" Prodding at the collapse, he clambered up onto one of the larger rocks. "No getting out this way, I imagine. Too much bloody rock to move." Turning back to the cave, he sat down cross-legged on the rock with a sigh, only then seeming to remember he wasn't alone. "Oh bother, I've been thinking out loud again, haven't I. Sorry for ignoring you all; would you care to introduce yourselves so that we may begin the discussion?"
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Lirthir

"Curses...seems we are trapped for the time being." The elf seemed highly displeased with his current situation, being trapped in a cave with these strangers. He quickly started evaluating his current predicament, examining the inside of the cave and the rest of the trapped strangers.

He turns towards a goblin that asks for introductions. As Lirthir turns, he doesn't appear to be extremely strong, but his features give away a sense of agility and his face presents mistrust and grief. With blue eyes that seem like still but imposing underwater lakes, he faces the rest of his temporary companions. "Mmm...the name is Lirthir, and that shall be enough for now. The sooner we get through these introductions the sooner we can get moving."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tersin Nockt

"Why bother with unnecessary introductions, then? Seems pointless. We don't need to know names to get out of here."

The speaker steps from the shadows at the back of the cavern, his tall, wiry frame moving in an odd, angular manner. Wisps of graying hair cascade down across his dark eyes, and his sharp-featured face is shrewd and calculating.

He strides over to Itzi, his long legs quickly eating up the distance to the mouth of the cave, and leans nonchalantly against the goblin's perch.

"After all, some of you will no doubt put a dagger in my back soon as look at me, and if that happened, I'd have no compunctions about bringing what's left of this cave down around us. So let's just get to the task at hand, hmmm?"

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Marianna

The tiny shaft of light in the cave flares brightly - blindingly, really - before dying back down to a manageable level. The cave is now lit as though it suffered from bright, noontime sunlight, and the source of the illumination is Marianna. The elf is sporting a brightly growing halo and a subtly disturbing smile.

"Tersin, you wound me, not wanting to introduce yourself to a fellow soldier. I already know of you, mind, but still - it's so rude. You all might know me, you might not. Marianna Solain. My platoon calls me the Sunshine Dancer, but if I remember right, the proper title from your end of things is the Noonlight Butcher.

Her smile widens, and a shard of light solidifies in her hand. The resemblance it has to broken, sharpened glass is uncanny.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig