New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the Evulz

1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: For the Evulz

Nero Emory

"Very well, Euphrates. I follow at your lead," Nero says, bowing his head slightly.

She gave him an unsettling feeling. He couldn't be sure why, but... it hit him. He knew of her kind. They were tricky, and fairly powerful. Further, with this servant in the employ of an organization capable of tracking him, she was not one to be trifled with.

"I look forward to finding out what work awaits."

Spoiler
    Show
    I knew her name referenced the river. And I recognized the inverted-palm thing. Glad Nero did too. Haha. Hard to not metagame sometimes.
    Last edited by ritztastic; 2009-08-17 at 07:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamayet smiles, following Euphrates as directed. He'll lean back a bit in a mockery of the pimp walk, with a practical purpose of trying to see if Euphrates had a hidden tail. Not that he wanted her to know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+10)[18]
    Spot - (1d20+1)[21]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ganurath's eyes only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every Nat 20 deserves this.

Through the use of your mad skillz in observation (ahem), you see that she does in fact have a tail. Her lingerie, a fancy black-lace affair, has a hole in the back where her tail was comfortably poking out. The tail was bundled in a manner where it would not be easily seen. She doesn't notice all of this.
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzer; 2009-08-17 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    Is there still a technical reason for the 50-page limit, or is it just a quaint cultural thing to attract tourists?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34

Euphrates leads you all to a decrepit mausoleum. Upon entering, she fiddles around in the dark for a few seconds. You hear a soft click before a large stone coffin moves to the side revealing a staircase descending into a darker abyss.

“Follow me, please.” She says.

Winding corridors of darkness greet you all. It was cold, and smelt of dead things. Those who could see in the dark notice skeletons litter the hallway, and even if you cannot, you can tell by the crunch they make as they are crushed underfoot. After what seemed to be forever, Euphrates stopped in front of a stone wall. She knocks on it, and waits. After a few seconds of silence, the wall swings inward. Light assaulted your senses, and what you heard then was surprising.

You hear music, sweet music. A woman was singing.

Euphrates beckons you all to continue following her. As you did so you noticed a few changes. No longer were the walls grave-stone, they were now high-quality finished wood. Cobwebs are replaced with lavish ornamental lights, and skeletons are replaced with red-velvet, wooden furniture. It was jarring.

Eventually, Euphrates leads you all to see the center of the room; the source of the music. What you see is this:

On top of the stage was a woman, singing her heart and soul out. She has black wings, and dressed in a little black dress. Draped around her shoulder was fur of the highest quality. One gloved hand was on her hip, the other gloved hand on a thin cigarette. The song was beautiful.

Her audience consisted of quite a curious ensemble. You see a balor in a suit for one, looking quite dapper. Tieflings, drows, nymphs, etc. some you can't even tell. They don't seem to pay you any mind, however.

Euphrates tells you all to follow her some more. She leads you to the side, away from the music, the stage, and into a hallway. She walks towards the last room, and opens the door.

You see a lavish room, filled with lavish things.

Euphrates turns to you all, "Please wait for The Master here. He will join you momentarily. In the meantime, is there anything I may get you? Our inventory well-stocked with the finest of drinks."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the railroading, guys. I just can't let this die.
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzer; 2009-08-18 at 08:49 PM.

Is there still a technical reason for the 50-page limit, or is it just a quaint cultural thing to attract tourists?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamayet requests whatever wine happens to be "in" among the nobility, to the best of his knowledge of recent trends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Nobility and Royalty - (1d20+9)[20]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anything?, I want a glass of you! Please make a small incision on your left thigh, and he pulls out a dagger.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

Mai grabbed onto the little ones shoulder blades gently, pulling him back. "Be polite, I don't believe that this one would like that very much" the ghoul lectured him gently. "Tell you what, We can ask for some blood wine. This person might even have elven blood" Mai said giddily.

Mai looked over to the rakshasa and grinned. "How about it? Do you have any for my friend and I?'
    Avatar brought to you by: Tiffanie Lirle!~

Clickables:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Am:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chaotic Evil Human Rogue/Cleric (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 19

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Nero Emory

"While we're asking for blood," Nero says, "I'd just like a goblet. A small goblet, crystal, if possible." Nero still has some of his own private stash on him. He removes a small flask from his coat, unscrewing the cap slowly. Once opened, he breathes in the sweet scent of fey blood.

"Ah, eleven years old. Aged to perfection." Nero briefly wonders about the youth whose lifeblood he would soon consume, but pushes the thought from his mind. This is a special occasion, and only the finest of drinks are to be had. No sense dwelling on idle thoughts.

9. - Top - End - #39

Ugh very lil fun tday, we needs some excitement!

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

10. - Top - End - #40

Drow Fire Whiskey if you have any. I am very partial to the poisoned drow beverages, the risk of killing yourself is almost two good to pass up. He turns to the others. What do you think think of this palce? Pretty swanky, though it could use some scorch marks.

11. - Top - End - #41

Then add some says splop

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Nero Emory

"I... I do not think that would be a wise course of action, friend. This place is full of those whom I presume are employed by whatever force directs Euphrates. They likely would not take kindly to pyrotechnics in their dining hall." Nero flits close to the firestarter and whispers, "Perhaps we'll find a better outlet for your considerable talents once our host arrives, eh?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"My money says that our job will involve exactly that sort of violence. Among others." Kamayet then glares at the psicrystal in his walking stick, which sends out an empathic whine of wanting to be allowed to speak. Kamayet responds by holding a finger to his... Well, he's goblinoid, so he only has the lower lip, but still.

14. - Top - End - #44

“I would appreciate if you would practice a touch of restraint. I shall return momentarily.” Euphrates said before disappearing.

Moments passed, and minutes of awkward silence clung to the air. The tension was cut by the sound of a door opening. A curious fellow greeted you all.

“GENTLEMEN.”

It was a man devoid of skin or any musculature; he was all skeleton. He wore a suave and expensive looking suit. A lit cigar was in his hand. You start to wonder how he was able to talk without a throat or a voice-box, especially with such a cool and calm voice such as that, but you push the thought aside. Standing beside him was a woman dressed in a business suit. She has skin the color of burnt coal, red hair that waves like flames and eyes that glowed.

He takes a bow. “I am The Master.” He said. He pointed at the woman beside him. "This is my assistant, Promethea. Promethea, you guys. You guys, Promethea."

The fire-headed woman nodded silently at you all.

The Master walked over to a chair, and sat on it. He took a deep breath from his cigar. "I do apologize for the lack of promptness. We are currently in production of our own rendition of that theater classic The Twin Queens, and the Lone Goblet. We finally found two absolutely gorgeous leads that are willing to... well, I won't bore you with the details. Anyway, on to business."

He puffed a few more smoke from his cigar, and turned to you all. "I shall be brief, concise, succinct. I will not beat around the bush, or lead you all on a wild goose chase. What I mean to say is, I want you, all of you, to join us. This little organization of ours."

"We could use upstarts with skills such as yourselves, and we would be more than happy to provide you with resources necessary for your advancement. We prefer to employ those with potentials that are yet to be realized, so we may be there in your moment of glory. As members do note you will gain many benefits, some I'm sure we'll be able to provide exclusively. As mentioned in my invitation, I will be able to make your wishes come true. And more, so much more."

With one mighty intake, he finished the cigar. He said: "I'm sure you have questions. I'm more than delighted to answer them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I simply can't resist.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

Mai's eyes roamed around the room, untill they fixated onto the newly exclaimed Master, a grin slowing etching itself onto her leather face.

"I have heard of the perks, now tell me...what do you ask in return. Assuming you can actually find something to win me over, what are the drawbacks? Everything has its price" the ghoul asked seriously, clicking her teeth together in slight annoyance.
    Avatar brought to you by: Tiffanie Lirle!~

Clickables:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Am:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chaotic Evil Human Rogue/Cleric (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 19

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamayet's eyes light up at the fire woman, waiting for one of the others to ask their host a question before stepping up. "Hellooooo, Promethea."

17. - Top - End - #47

What? Organization? What am i supposed to set up in order.....you can't use me skills im no accountant. How can you organize small things? Unless, the skeleton looks mortified, you want to organize me?!?!

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

18. - Top - End - #48

Promethea, sweet name. You like fire? Flames lick his hands as he says the last part. He smiles at her, before almost absent-mindedly adding, What sort of business are you into, kind sir?

Spoiler
    Show
    LOVE your pictures btw.
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2009-08-19 at 11:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

The Master snapped his fingers and Promethea produced an unlit cigar. The woman placed it on the man's mouth, and with the snap of her fingers, a small flame lit the cigar. The Master took a satisfying hit, making a billowing pillar of smoke.

"So you're not just some pretty face after all," The Master said to Mai with a smile. "You assume correctly, there is a price. But rest assured it's not a price you would regret to pay. This organization simply asks from its members that, from time to time, they would exercise their skill and talent for the sake of its betterment. That is to say, we ask you to do something, something I'm sure you would love to do anyways, and you get rewarded for delivering a satisfying job. So in essence you do what you do best, and you get something for it. Well, besides the satisfaction, of course."

"No one gets to be organized. And even if there were, believe me, you'll be doing the organizing."

The Master chuckled. "I deal in a specialized business." He smiled a terrible smile. "And what could that be? Well, it's simple really. I deal in the business of entertainment."

Though Promethea's face was as stoic as she walked into the room, there was a spark in her eyes from the mention and demonstration of the aasimar's fire.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamayet glares daggers at the aasimar, but turns his attention to the Master at the mention of entertainment. "Sounds like my specialty."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Nero Emory

"I would ask what sort of entertainment, but I don't think it would really matter that much," Nero says, smiling slightly.

"You have offered access to power, to fulfillment. While the drawbacks are unclear, I cannot say I am not tempted," Nero said, almost passionately.

22. - Top - End - #52

"I do not require anything more than your allegiance." The Master continued enjoying his smoke. "We will not ask you to sign away something dear, we will not take from you a beloved body-part, and we will not ask you to perform an act that is completely at odds with your character all for some silly initiation rite. Well, unless you wanted to. All we ask is that you follow a few basic rules, rules such as please refrain from killing other members, please tip the servers, things like that."

He looked at you all with those empty eye-sockets, "Basically, you're free to do whatever you wish... within reason. And the organization just happens to set those reasons."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

At the words "within reason" Kamayet looks at the smaller skeleton expectingly, arms crossed over his chest with a brow perked. "Does the organization ever actually state those reasons? You're being incredibly vague about all this."

24. - Top - End - #54

"Aren't I just?" The Master chuckled. "It seems to come with the territory. Anyway, what could I possibly say to allay your suspicions?"

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

"The sort of entertainment we'd be performing would be a step in the right direction." Kamayet turns his gaze back on the Master. "I mean, I have no problem with creating sex slaves with a thought personalized to my patron's desires, but I'd hardly consider myself suited for a song and dance number."

26. - Top - End - #56

"I was being poetic. Maybe a bit too much, admittedly." He said. "Anyway, you would be the stage hand. The people who keeps the show running. When I want people killed, you're to do the deeds. When I want a village burned, you're the one to light the match. I have a problem, you solve it. Simple. In exchange... well, you know what you get in exchange."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

I would very much enjoy burning a village for you, says Jieldrak, smiling. I guess that I will join your... organization, if you do not protest. Tipping servers is not a very large price to pay, especially if it is Promethea.
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2009-08-20 at 02:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamayet nods in agreement. "Steady work doing something other than slipping an ectoplasmic fist between folds of fat is definitely appealling. I'm in."

"Your talents will wane if you don't get the occasional-" Death glare from Kamayet.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Nero Emory

"Ah, well, if these fine gentlemen are willing to sign up, I suppose I am persuaded. I am at your disposal for services rendered, given I find them appealing," Nero adds, in a slightly hushed tone.

Pondering for a second, he continues, "Speaking of "signing up," I don't suppose there's any official document we'll be expected to sign, to officially join your organization?"

Nero likes the Master.
    ::He seems to have that measure of class so often missing::

30. - Top - End - #60

The Master smiled. "Ha, yes. I know it's a worthless gesture for you chaotic-types, but we prefer it put in writing. It prevents nasty misunderstandings."

He snapped his fingers, and Promethea produced papers. She went around and distributed it to all of you.

"I need you all to sign this. It's nothing really. It just means that you are all in my employ, and as my employees you get certain benefits afforded to people employed by me."

Spoiler
    Show