New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    There's a partial one somewhere in the middle of this thread. What would really be useful are some character sheet type things to keep track of you're murmurs. Again there's one some where (it's for avenger).
    If I how to make editable pdfs and knew others would work on it I'd be happy to make a few.
    The avenger sheet was one that I made (original post: here)... didn't understand the rules too well when I made it, so I wouldn't recommend using it. I can work on a new/better one if people would like it - trying to summarize the abilities is the only difficult part.
    Last edited by Fako; 2010-11-19 at 01:30 AM.
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Just for the record? I would love one of those and think it's a great idea.

Also, do eet noa! D:
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fako View Post
    The avenger sheet was one that I made (original post: here)... didn't understand the rules too well when I made it, so I wouldn't recommend using it. I can work on a new/better one if people would like it - trying to summarize the abilities is the only difficult part.
    I would appreciate it. If you're going to do a minor redesign I'd like to suggest separating the empowered and normal descriptions? Perhaps through a line, italics for the empowered version or different background shading.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Just for the record? I would love one of those and think it's a great idea.

Also, do eet noa! D:
    Kk.

I would appreciate it. If you're going to do a minor redesign I'd like to suggest separating the empowered and normal descriptions? Perhaps through a line, italics for the empowered version or different background shading.
    I'll probably alternate the shading so that the regular versions are white, the empowered are shaded grey, instead of keeping the shading the same for the entire power's description. I'll get something out asap, probably sat/sun at the earliest sadly.

EDIT: Question for the masses: Considering the streamlined nature of the new rules, I'm wondering if it would be better to include a "main" sheet as well as the breach sheets. The main sheet would allow you to mark the murmurs you have access to, the three murmurs you have active, the levels of all murmurs, as well as the linked incursions and days since incursion. It can also provide a central location for Warp Points, rather than having to handwrite it on your character sheet.
    I could possibly make 2 versions, one for afflicted that has the info on the breach sheet, and the main sheet for True xenotheurgists...
    Just an idea, looking for input.
    Last edited by Fako; 2010-11-19 at 02:13 PM.
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, sorry for double post, but this one has SubstanceTM!

Going off of my previous rambling, I've got an idea page for Distant Presence, found here. It's as bare-bones as I can think to make the text, but I could be wrong about condensing. I also changed the shading so that the empowered versions had darker shading behind them than the normal versions do.

It only has the Murmur's name, a few boxes for the level, the included effects per level, as well as the breach descriptions. This one would (feasibly) be for a True Xenotheurgist, but I'm not sure if the Murmur Level checkboxes should be on this page if so...might fit better if it's on the primary page.

If there's enough demand I can easily modify it to include the base info (Murmur level, Warp Points spot, Highest Breach available, XL, etc) right under the breach name.

Also, sorry about the small font size...blame Army of One... couldn't shorten it and still have all the info.

So yeah...nothing fancy, but please tell me what you think.
    <~sirpercival> haha

6. - Top - End - #276

Cool, but now I must spout my inevitable criticisms.

The top block of blasphemous avenger is probably the better of the two, and you've now gone to the other extreme on separating the empowered from the standard. With the way they're alternating it seems almost like they're separate abilities. Perhaps if you alternated the entire ability between light and dark and put a middle gray background behind just the text portion of the empowered lines (so you'd have a box in a box)?

You're right about "Army of One" throwing a spanner into the works. As it is everything's to shrunken to be comfortable but I have know idea how to fix it with Army in the way (might have to just live with it for this page and make it larger on the rest)... On second thought, could we make the names take two lines and stretch the descriptions to the left a bit?

I'm not sure why you'd want to include warp points on this page since they seem to effect all active murmurs and listing the same value multiple times is a good way to lose track of it. I also don't think you need to list Highest breach because that's just the murmur's level (capped by you're level).

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Cool, but now I must spout my inevitable criticisms.

*snip you've now gone to the other extreme on separating the empowered from the standard. With the way they're alternating it seems almost like they're separate abilities. Perhaps if you alternated the entire ability between light and dark and put a middle gray background behind just the text portion of the empowered lines (so you'd have a box in a box)?
    I'm using OpenOffice, so the options for shading are limited. I've Italicized all Empowered text to see if that will help it stand out.

You're right about "Army of One" throwing a spanner into the works. As it is everything's to shrunken to be comfortable but I have know idea how to fix it with Army in the way (might have to just live with it for this page and make it larger on the rest)... On second thought, could we make the names take two lines and stretch the descriptions to the left a bit?
    I was able to up the text from size 7 to 8, but I had to sacrifice the "Granted Breaches" header to do so, as well as modify a couple of lines of text and mess with the names like you suggested.

The top block of blasphemous avenger is probably the better of the two
    I'm not sure why you'd want to include warp points on this page since they seem to effect all active murmurs and listing the same value multiple times is a good way to lose track of it. I also don't think you need to list Highest breach because that's just the murmur's level (capped by you're level).
    The problem is that we have two styles of Xenotheurges, one that has it as an added flavor, and one with it as a main course. For the first (afflicted), they will rarely have more than one murmur, so having all the information on a single sheet would be the most convenient. For the second (true), they can swap out the murmurs they have active each day, so putting the vital stats such as Murmur level, linked incursion, days since incursion, warp points, etc. on a primary page instead of with the murmurs would allow for ease of use on their part. It's just an idea I had, and that's why I removed the information from the top of the sheet...I'm just hoping to get a couple more comments before I go much further. I'll happily make a version for both if need be.

Thank you for your comments, and please let me know what you think of the new sheet, found here.
    <~sirpercival> haha

8. - Top - End - #278

The italics are probably fine, but if you wanted to try my coloring suggestion you could do it by changing the empowered sections highlight color instead of it's background color (that's on neo-office but the two programs are pretty similar).

I was able to up the text from size 7 to 8, but I had to sacrifice the "Granted Breaches" header to do so, as well as modify a couple of lines of text and mess with the names like you suggested.
    That's the size they're at? Ouch. That point plus the fact that there aren't single lines of shading to emphasize how small things are helps a lot (which might be a good argument for not using my shading suggestion).

The problem is that we have two styles of Xenotheurges, one that has it as an added flavor, and one with it as a main course. For the first (afflicted), they will rarely have more than one murmur, so having all the information on a single sheet would be the most convenient. For the second (true), they can swap out the murmurs they have active each day, so putting the vital stats such as Murmur level, linked incursion, days since incursion, warp points, etc. on a primary page instead of with the murmurs would allow for ease of use on their part. It's just an idea I had, and that's why I removed the information from the top of the sheet...I'm just hoping to get a couple more comments before I go much further. I'll happily make a version for both if need be.
    Right, I sorta glossed over that. You still might want to include murmur level and linked incursion since those are connected to a specific murmur not the class in general. Also (and this might be a terrible idea) it might neaten things up a bit if instead of making the murmur's level a row of boxes you arranged them in a rectangle like the ones you had next to the breaches in blasphemous avenger with one long box as it's own column (or a wide box as it's own row at the bottom) for lv7.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Right, I sorta glossed over that. You still might want to include murmur level and linked incursion since those are connected to a specific murmur not the class in general.
    My reasoning for putting them on the main sheet is to allow the Xenotheurge to have one page they can glance at when they have a basic question, such as what murmur they should have drop, what their penalty to Will is from Incursions not being used, how many Warp Points they have, and so on. I'm not sure if its the best idea, but it is an idea...

Also (and this might be a terrible idea) it might neaten things up a bit if instead of making the murmur's level a row of boxes you arranged them in a rectangle like the ones you had next to the breaches in blasphemous avenger with one long box as it's own column (or a wide box as it's own row at the bottom) for lv7.
    My problem is having a place to put it, especially with the currently cramped nature of the Distant Presence page. Only spot I can think of is to replace the "Levels" section of the Murmur's side effects with boxes, that way you can see on the fly what sort of penalties you're taking. I can also provide shading behind them to differentiate the groups in that, if I go that route. (1 = None, 2 - 6 = Light Gray, 7 = Dark Grey) or somesuch.
    <~sirpercival> haha

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

so i just found this thread and while i havnt had much of a chance to peruse it all the idea rocks. i've started to collect everything into a document and i'm going to attempt a 'new' pdf version as the one that is posted in the middle of this thread is very much incomplete.

Q for Realms of Chaos: do you have a website you might want to post this on? you can probably make a google site thing and have everything laid out all nicely with diff pages for the murmurs & breaches & whatnot. also, is there more stuff coming?? if there is i cant wait!!

i'm gonna work on this for the next little bit when i have the chance... i just wish there was a widgit ti help with the formatting & all... but we shall see!!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Thumbs up Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

First of all, great work RoC, i really like the mechanics and how versatile it all is, especially the part about it being available to nearly anyone who doesn't shy away from their curiosity, and delve themselfs into forbidden lore and adventures nigh imaginable by but the most insane of people :P!

With that out of the way, here is my take on what you have achieved, and what needs to be revisioned a bit ;)

First of:
    There're some typo's here and there, like with the description of:

Quote Originally Posted by Realm of Chaos
    Disturbance (Su): You gain a number of disturbances, supernatural alterations to the world around you. Unlike murmurs, disturbances have no in game effect other than letting others locate you and being generally odd. The effects of a disturbance generally spread no further than 60 feet away from you.
    It is possible to suppress disturbances but doing so traps more of the chaotic energies within your head. For each suppressed disturbance, you take a –1 penalty to Will saves. As a standard action,you may suppress or reactivate any number of disturbances.
    You gain three murmurs at 1st level and gain an additional murmur at 2nd level and every even level afterwards. The DM may either allow you to choose one from the list (see the above post) or roll randomly.
    And one more thing, the description of the murmur and their effects sometimes say "they" and "you" it's a bit confusing, but I'm considering that it may be a part of your whole scheme with the idea ;b?

and then second of all, my take on Distortions:
    It's great how you finally worked it out, wasn't here to see it while it was based on your current hit points, but could wonder how that worked.
    A thing is, though:
    I've been thinking, either the empowermented version of breaches within a certain murmur should be forcibly applied, depending on the level of the given murmur, as to say, the close you get to the far realms true essence, the more the far realm gets control over your essence and implies it through devastatingly forcing you to empower your breaches within the given murmur in question, lets say at murmur level 4/5-6 mayhaps?

Which brings me along to my third point, two to three new feats of mine :P:

Resilient distortion
    "Having honed your mind, you can easilier achieve wonders beyond the norm of your kind"
    Prerequisites: Must have succumbed to a breach, through implicating a distortion, and gained a level increase in any active murmur.
    Benefit: Having felt the utter helplessness from distorting a breach, you have now honed your mind, and only gain 3, or 2 if you're a True xenotheugist, automatic warp points whenever you imply a distortion to any accesible breach.
    Food for thought: Should i merely halve it, or should we make an epic feat that lessens the warp point gained to either 2 or 1? This of course eliminates the normal "only two for being a true Xenotheugist" rule.

Postpone the warping distortion
    "By fusing your body and mind into one, you can withstand a certain influence from the furthest reaches of the multiverse, for a time"
    Prerequisite: Most know Xenotheugy and have access to at least one murmur, Con. 16, Will +3.
    Benefit: Whenever you imply a breach with a distortion effect, you can postpone it. This can be done con. modifier/day, since you merely push the influence into your bodies nervous system, and not directly into your mind, as normal. However, this comes with a catch, every night, when you go to sleep, all the postponed warping energies goes from your nervous system and into your brain whence it was meant to reach. This is because as your body relaxes the mind is the most active organ of the body, thus all energies goes there, and is also subconsciously emitted from there. Every night when you go to sleep, you have to roll a will save, with a save DC equal to the number of warp points you have postponed from any given distortion during the day, a succes means that the energies leaves you, completely harmless, but a failure on the other hand, means that the highest level murmur you have active is heightened by one level instantly.
    Special: If there are two high-level murmurs at the exact same level, the character rolls randomly to chose which is affected, with either a d6 or a d4, giving if it is either all active murmurs that are at the same level or only two of them which are of the same and heighest level.
    No murmur can ever go beyond level 7th with this feat, in such a case the next highest active murmur is affected.
    Food for thought: I'm not entirely sure whether this save DC is high enough or I should add a +5 or +10 to it?

Body of fortified Will and lingering madness
    "Body of the unbeknownst, things nigh possible, embrace the madness, child. You and only you can overcome with a body of sublime internal fortitude"
    Prerequisite: Postpone the warping distortion, con. 18.
    Benefit: For every time you postpone warp point due to distortion through the "postpone the warping distortion" feat(read above) you apply a +2 to the save DC of the breach and gain a +1 on will saves when utilizing your breaches. This is due to some lingering maddening effect from the distortion yet, even though you suppress it, but you're trained so it doesn't hinder you, all that much.

Embrace of the Anathema
    "Once you were so far out that you thought you were lost, forever taken to the unknown and deepest places in the Far realms, by forces nigh imaginable. Return you did though, more mighty and knowing than ever"
    Prerequisites: Must have succumbed to a murmur, as in reached the 7th and last level in it and then returned to normal. Resilient distortion. Postpone the warping distortion. Constitution score 24.
    Benefit: Having been so far out that even you felt like giving in to the utmost chaos of the far realms, never to return to the mortal plane ever again or ever the same, you have reached a place that both matured you and rendered you even more mad. From now on, whenever you reach a seventh level of the given murmur(read special below), you can for 3 + con. modifier round postpone the side-effects of the murmur, and even use your breaches, without even having to make a will save against them, beware though, this means they are also always empowered, and the warp point take hold of you as normal or counts towards the effects of your Postpone the warping distortion feat.
    Special: This feat affects only the murmur in which you reached the 7th level. Although you may take the feat more than once, and apply it to any given murmur with which you meet the prerequest.

Cheers
    Klode
    Last edited by Klode; 2011-01-16 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Minor tweaks and hopefully better, plus added feat...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

tongue Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

:Bump:
    This is a very neat system as I said and would like to contribute to it in any way possible, but is it clear how a NON true xenotheurgist learns any murmurs or breaches :)?
    Love the system, since it comes with a direct catch, which is very rare for many classes in this system. The downside of having capable characters doesn't show all that much in any D&D system, only a little in the new one and with the Planar binding and planar ally spells, everything else is mostly just smooth sailing and awesomeness. Hey, yeah you have the capabilities of being awesome in the real world too, but think about it, for everything we have, everything we do, everything we're capable of, there's always a minor quirk or a catch, many times subtle and easily ignored. But the higher the capability the larger the catch, as you might say, the higher you fly the further you might fall in my oppinion.

Cheers

13. - Top - End - #283

Wow, this is a really amazing system. It seems like one of the murmurs is missing from the breach list (I mean, all of its breaches). Maybe you should have some kind of widgit to keep track of which breaches you have done? Otherwise, excellent. I definitely hope to use this system at some point.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

smile Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

Have been looking at the breaches sheet, and I think it's a neat idea, but I think it should be organized a bit better, like say, you maybe need to Write them so that each murmur have their breaches below them, and Everytime you reach a new level and influence, you could write that as an introduction at that level, all in all, need some separation lines, otherwise it is really neat ;). And yea, you need only make one specific with all murmurs, which there're twenty of, hm, that might be a bit many pages, how about fillable sheets then :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the sheet throughroughly, and can see that you might be able to pull it a bit together, and make it more organized, it need some separation lines. Hm, now that I think about it, separation lines are the only thing that's needed between each new level, can make it more compact, unless you forego some description.
    But just wondering, how would you make it different for a true xenotheugist :)?

Actually, I'm thinking of conveying all of this into a PDF file with suitable suggestions on artifacts that provoke Xenotheugical "enlightenment". But feel like I can't do that, because it is not I who's the author or i any way have authority to do anything without permission. I respect that, and I know that RoC have a lot of thoughts and all the knowledge about this and to what end it is heading, he may even have moved it to the next level by himself already :)?

Cheers
    Last edited by Klode; 2010-12-13 at 09:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system(Is it dead??)

Sorry for the double post, but updated my previous post and even added in a new feat.

Is this project completely scraped or what, is it truelly too late to even inspire some new motivation. I've thought alot about it, and how does a person come by these powers and curse, only through knowledge or also through magic items perhaps, crafts or other things connected to the otherworldly.
    Must admit, I've thought of using this system, make characters play an NPC class, and see to it that they somehow come by a xenotheygical influence which sets the base for the whole adventure and campaign as a whole.

Cheers

16. - Top - End - #286

I just noticed this now. I haven't read it yet, but it looks awesome. Also, just in case you ever need a name for a new monster, I think "widgit" would fit nicely. Do I get a cookie?
    Last edited by Timeless Error; 2010-12-16 at 05:33 PM.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless Error View Post
    I just noticed this now. I haven't read it yet, but it looks awesome. Also, widgit (believe it or not, that word is actually relevant. Only the truly worthy will understand). Do I get a cookie?
    Hey, you just threw it in! I worked really hard to put it into a sentence (well, not that hard.)
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Hey, you just threw it in! I worked really hard to put it into a sentence (well, not that hard.)
    What are you talking about? I didn't throw anything in!

Edit: Aw, crap, you quoted my original post. I guess that means a cover-up is out of the question. Do I forfeit my cookie?
    Last edited by Timeless Error; 2010-12-16 at 05:34 PM.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground

Are there any updates for this? Possibly a PDF version?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yes, seconded. I would really love a bettered organized version of this. Would be so totally awesome.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

I too would love that, but as per what I am observing, either this project is abandoned, or rather more likely, on hold at the current moment :)
    Which is understandable, RoC seems to be a very busy person, with lots of projects in the air :)
    And I might even be intrigued to think that perhaps he's taking this to a whole new level, but who knows, in time we may know.
    Until then, what else can we do, other than that to come up with some ideas ourselves as inspiration or hope for some sort of release of further notice ;)

Cheers
    Last edited by Klode; 2011-01-31 at 05:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope he doesn't change it too much, if that's what he's going to do; I mean, I'm playing a Xenotheurge (sorry for not asking first, I didn't have an account at the time) for a PbP, and she really works well! Only problem I had was that the Warp Points change was in the middle of creating my character, so I had to change some stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow. There's a ton of information here. You should write a book! (or at least a PDF.)

I clicked on this thread thinking it was a supplement for Mage: The Awakening, but I found myself happily surprised. This is some really intense stuff; there's no way I'll have time to read it all today. But great job! The Incursion effects are very creepy: I liked the one about bits of leaves and stones finding their way into sealed containers.

The overall mood is deeply unsettling. I actually whimpered with fear when I read the bit about spiders from the Far Realm climbing through your brain-link and into your skull. The fact that even your own deity can't recognize that you've been tainted by the far Realms was particularly freaky.

Great job! I'm seriously impressed.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I have returned from the dark depths of winter break and it is time to finally update this thing once more. First, to adress recent stuff... well, relatively recent stuff... ok, this is loooong overdue.

serialhex: I don't currently have a website, alas. The prospect of coding anything more complicated than a forum post frankly terrified me as technology has always kind of hated me. More stuff should be coming soon-ish.

Klode: Thanks for catching that most embarrasing error involving those disturbances. As for confusing pronouns, I've recieved a few PMs filled with corrections and am just waiting to put them into action after I finally finish up all of the breaches (which are my first priority here).
    As for automatic distortions the original hit-point mechanic had it so that people low on hit points automatically empowered their breaches whether they liked it or not. While this did play towards a conflict between wanting low hp to use breaches and not wanting to be under 0 hp and trigger your incursions, the prospect of xenotheurgists stabbing themselves, casting a breach, and having the cleric heal them sounds about as rediculous to me as a wizard's 15 minute workday.
    Even so, I suppose that people who like to live on the dangerous side could try taking a feat like this (which also acts a bit like your resilient distortion feat).

Innate Distortion
    You distort your weaker breaches almost without thinking about it.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd-level breaches.
    Benefits: All 1st-level breaches that you use automatically gain one distortion and give you two warp points (one if a true xenotheurge) in addition to any that you may gain by failing your saving throw. Furthermore, you may apply your second distortion to such a breach but doing so grants more warp points as normal.
    Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, extending to breaches one level higher each time. You may take this breach a numer of time up to one-fourth of your xenotheurgy level.

Looking at the other feats, the wording of PtWD seems a bit wierd (if postponing is even the right word [seeing as they never gain those points either way], it seems that it should be postponing the warp points you get rather than the distortion itself.
    As far as BoFWaLM, the use of "for every time" rather than "each time" suggests that the effects increase cumulatively each time, which I doubt was your intention.
    EotA looks really good but it seems like it could be accessed a bit early even despite the tough prerequisites. Perhaps add a requirement of having access to 3rd- or 4th-level breaches or something.

As for gaining access to murmurs, blessed/afflicted xenotheurgists basically get it at the will of the DM, though they can certainly take steps (such as fighting against psuedonatural creatures, reading forbidden tomes, etc) to improve their odds. In this way, becoming a blessed/afflicted xenotheurgist in play is kind of like trying to become a lycanthrope or vampire.

Also, if you're still interested in aking a PDF, by all means PM me.

Amechra: Don't worry about asking permission. My stuff is here for people to have fun with it.

Super Dave: I don't know why but hearing that I've managed to freak you out a bit has totally made my day. Thanks for the props.

In general: For some stuff that keeps coming up time and time again, I do intend to clean up the mess of breaches on the first page and re-include the others that I've been giving to you guys in bite-sized chunks. I likewise intend to give the entire thing another look-through and see if I can iron out some of those perspective errors. Before that (and any PrCs that I may make, and a small facelift for the cataclysm system), however, comes breaches. I feel as though I should get everything out there before I start organizing or else I'll never end up doing it.

As for making a PDF/Website... that I don't have plans for, unfortunately. It's not that I don't want my things to be distributed but that I honestly don't have a clue how to do it. I could probably teach myself a thing or two but people far more experienced than I have already tried making character sheets on this thread with limited success and I don't think I could easily outdo them, let-alone come up with a single, perfect layout. I'm an idea guy and I'm kind of a nuts-and-bolts guy but I don't know much about aesthetics. If somebody wants to make the PDF, please PM me so we might be able to coordinate things a bit.

And now, more breaches.

Abomination of Nature
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature Cannot React
    Abomination of Nature 1 [Mind-Affecting]
    Range: 30 feet
    Area: 30-foot radius emanation, centered on you
    Duration: 1 min/level and 1 round; see text
    Saving Throw:Will negates

Widening the gate within yourself to the far realms, you turn yourself into a beacon of the unnatural. Creatures of nature can no longer even comprehend your existence.

All animals, plants, and vermin that come within range of this emanation must make a will save or become dazed for a single round as it struggles to process what it is sensing. This ability functions even if the target is incapable of seeing or otherwise sensing you. After making a saving throw, whether a target succeeds or fails, they may not be affected again by the same use of this breach.
    Empowerment
    Range: 60 feet
    Area: 60-feet radius emanation, centered on you
    This breach now affects elementals, fey, and magical beasts along with animals, plants, and vermin.

Arboreal Pathway
    Abomination of Nature 1
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 10 min/level
    Saving Throw: None

The far realms, connected to all of existence almost simultaneously, is ideal for creating paths through reality. Making a path through the wilderness couldn’t be much more difficult, could it?

While under the effect of this breach, inanimate plants bend out of your way as you travel. As a result, you may ignore all plants for the purpose of making your movements, walking through undergrowth and even through large tree trunks utterly unhindered. If you desire contact with a plant, however (such as to climb a tree), you are capable of making such contact. Plants created or magically animated through magic (such as a wall of thorns or entangle spell) can’t be ignored in this way.
    Empowerment
    Range: Close (25 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: You and up to one willing creature/level
    Even plants animated or created by magic to impede your progress (such as through a wall of thorns or entangle spell) fail to affect you and/or allow you through. Furthermore, all targets gain a +4 bonus to AC against the attacks of plant creatures and all attacks made with wooden weaponry.

Arboreal Puppet
    Abomination of Nature 2
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Target: One inanimate plant
    Duration: 1 round/level or until expended
    Saving Throw: Will negates (object)

Channeling your life-force through it, you cause a bit of the local vegetation to warp and animate under your control.

A single nonmagical plant of up to small size + one size category/5 xenotheurgy levels animates as an animate object of the appropriate size. Upon using this breach, you may give the plant a single order. The breach lasts until the plant has completed its order or until its duration ends. Any order that would allow for further orders causes the breach to instantly fail without effect. At the end of this breach’s duration, the plant quickly rots away into nothingness
    Empowerment
    Duration: 10 min./level and instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates (object) and Will negates
    You are no longer restricted to giving the plant a single order, instead controlling it continuously like a normal animated object. When the plant is destroyed or the breach ends, the plant releases a thin, mind-warping vapor within a 10-foot radius that deals 1d6 Wisdom damage to all who fail their Will save.

Swarm of Madness
    Abomination of Nature 2
    Effect: One pseudonatural swarm
    Duration: Concentration (up to 1 min./level)

In the blink of an eye, you conjure a swarm of tiny creatures to tear apart your foes. Though the creatures resemble normal vermin, close observation reveals that they are anything but commonplace

You summon a single pseudonatural bat swarm, spider swarm, rat swarm, or locust swarm (your choice) anywhere within range. Each round that you concentrate, you may teleport the swarm anywhere else within range and within your line of sight.
    Empowerment
    Duration: 1 min./level
    You may teleport the swarm that you create each round without spending any action. Furthermore, any creature who fails their saving throw against the swarm’s distraction ability is confused for 1 round instead of being nauseated. Lastly, the swarm gains an extra hit dice/3 xenotheurgy levels (increasing swarm damage, saving throws, distraction save DCs, and so forth as normal).

The Ground Shudders
    Abomination of Nature 3
    Range: 50 feet
    Area: 50 ft.-radius, centered on you

You press your chaotic energies into the world around you, filling up every open space until the world can no longer contain it, wreaking devastation as things fall apart.

This breach imitates the effects of the earthquake spell with the above and below exceptions. Creatures in range can move and/or attack so long as they succeed on a DC 15 balance check before each such action.
    Empowerment
    Range:100 feet
    Area: 100 ft.-radius, centered on you
    Duration: 1d4+1 rounds
    After the first round of this breach’s duration, creatures can move and/or attack so long as they succeed on a DC 10 balance check before each such action. Caves, caverns, tunnels, and cliffs only collapse once on the first round of this breach’s duration. Structures take damage each round and water is only replaced in bodies of water when the breach ends. Likewise, fissures only close at the end of this breach but creatures on open ground have a 25% chance of falling into one (DC 20 Reflex negates) each round.

Note: At first glance, this ability may look ridiculously overpowered. Earthquake, after all, is an 8th level spell. Giving it to a xenotheurge at 7th level, when casters get only 4th level spells, may seem absurd. My reasoning for this, however, lies in the strength of the earthquake spell. What makes earthquake an 8th level spell, as far as I can tell, is its long range. It allows you to stop a huge number of foes from attacking, moving, and (possibly) even spellcasting for a round while decimating their ranks in other ways based on the environment and leaving yourself unharmed. Due to the fixed saving throw DCs of this ability, it has no other purpose other than decimating armies of mooks. Because “The Ground Shudders” turns the xenotheurgist into ground zero, escaping the effects of the breach becomes far more difficult and sparing your party is only possible by isolating yourself. As I may have shared in the past, I don’t consider large amounts of mook killing to be a source of power.

Surge from Below
    Abomination of Nature 3
    Area: 20 ft-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous and 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates

You flood the ground beneath you with twisted life. As it rips itself up from the ground, it seeks to entangle and tear apart anything in its path.

Any creature within 10 feet of the ground and/or a natural extension of the ground (such as a cliff or bluff) within the area of this breach must make a reflex save or be ensnared by horrid, warped vegetation. Such creatures take 5d8 damage and are held within a cage of vegetation for up to 1 round/level or until they make a successful Escape Artist or Strength check (DC 10 + 1/2 xenotheurgy level). Whenever such a check is attempted and failed, the target takes an additional 2d8 points of damage.
    Empowerment
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: 40 ft.-radius burst
    Saving Throw: Reflex partial
    Even creatures who succeed on their saving throws are torn by the vegetation you bring forth, dealing them damage normally but not trapping them. In addition, even a successful Escape Artist or Strength check deals a target 2d8 damage.

Death to the Custodians
    Abomination of Nature 4 [death]
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Area: 10 ft.-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

You briefly sever the connection between a small area and the natural world, snuffing out the life-force of those with a bond to nature.

All Elementals, Fey, Magical Beasts, and Plants within the area of this breach must make a saving throw or instantly be slain. The body of a creature slain through this ability never decomposes, doomed to never rejoin the rest of nature.
    Empowerment
    Area: 20 ft.-radius burst
    Animals and Vermin are affected by this breach as well and all mundane plants within the area of this breach instantly die as well (though they are permitted to rot and rejoin nature).

Warp Nature
    Abomination of Nature 4
    Target: Up to 10 cubic feet of natural material/level
    Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates (object)

Blatantly disregarding basic rules of physics and life, you reform the natural world to better suit your purposes.

You may warp any combination of natural liquids and solids into any shape and form that you can picture, even if the formation fails to make logical sense. Living creatures can’t be affected by this ability but corpses and inanimate plants can be, as can all forms of rock, soil, plants, water, and so forth. Though the composition of the resulting object need not make sense (rocks may be vertically stacked on top of a pillar of water), other rules of physics such as gravity still apply. If a specific shape is to be created, an appropriate Craft check is needed to determine the quality of the craft.
    Empowerment
    Target: Up to 50 cubic feet of natural material/level
    Duration: Permanent (D)
    Other than the differences labeled above, this breach functions normally.

Infuse with the Unnatural
    Abomination of Nature 5
    Range: Touch
    Target: One touched animal
    Duration: 10 minutes/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)

As you touch your target, a torrent of aberrant energies assault its form, warping it into a creature not of the sane world. Now it is ready to fight.

If the target fails their saving throw, their size in all dimensions is multiplied by two and their weight is multiplied by 8, increasing them to the next size category. If the target’s environment is incapable of holding their increased size, they may make a Strength check to break free from each such confinement. Even if they fail such a check, the target occupies all space that it can, assuming its enlarged size when next able and imposing a –5 penalty to Escape Artist checks until then. An enlarged creature gains a +2 size bonus to Strength and Constitution and a –2 Size penalty to Dex and applies normal size modifiers to attack rolls, AC, hide checks, grapple checks, and so forth. Lastly, the target gains the supernatural template for the duration of this breach. No matter how many times a creature is targeted by this breach, they may only use the true strike special ability once in a given day.
    Empowerment
    Target: One living creature
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    An enlarged creature now gains a +4 size bonus to Strength and Constitution instead of a +2 bonus. In addition, all natural weapons that the target possesses deal 1 point of Wisdom damage with a successful hit in addition to normal damage.

Barring of Nature
    Abomination of Nature 5
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: Up to one 10-foot cube/4 levels (S)
    Duration: 24 hours
    Saving Throw: Will partial

You restrict the natural flow of energy into a given area, making it difficult for natural creatures to enter the given area. Those who do not abide by nature, however, have nothing to worry about.

Animals, Elementals, Fey, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Vermin can’t pass into the given area unless they succeed on a Will save. Only one such will save may be attempted each hour. Within 100 feet of the area of this breach, a creature can detect that something is wrong with a DC 15 Wisdom check.
    Empowerment
    Area: Up to one 10-foot cube/2 levels (S)
    Duration: 24 hours/level
    All living creatures other than oozes, aberrations, xenotheurgists, and creatures from the far realms are now affected by this breach. All other creatures, however, receive a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks within the area as you begin feeding your own energies into the vacuum of power that you have created.

Displace Nature’s Rage
    Abomination of Nature 6
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 24 hours/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates

When it detects the presence of the far realms, the natural world fights back with a vengeance. By slipping a large amount of that essence into your foe, you ensure that this wrath will be directed at them.

All Animals, Elementals, Fey, Magical Beasts, Plants, and Vermin start with an attitude of unfriendly towards the target (unless otherwise hostile) and gain a +5 bonus on attack and damage rolls made against the target. Furthermore, the target takes a –10 penalty on all Charisma checks except Intimidate checks made against such creatures and on Survival checks, Knowledge (geography) checks, and Knowledge (nature) checks. All wind is treated as one step higher against the target and the temperature is one step more extreme for their purposes unless it is otherwise mild.
    Empowerment
    Duration: Permanent (D)
    Saving Throw: Will partial
    All living creatures start with an attitude of hostile towards the target and gain a +10 bonus on attack and damage rolls made against the target. Also, The target takes a –20 penalty on all Charisma checks (except Intimidate checks) made against them and on Survival checks, Knowledge (geography) checks, and Knowledge (nature) checks. All wind is treated as three steps higher against the target and the temperature is three steps more extreme for their purposes unless it is otherwise mild.

Nature’s Last Defense
    Abomination of Nature 6
    Range: 0 ft.
    Area: 500 ft.-emanation, centered on you
    Duration: One year

You unleash a huge burst of energy into the world around you, overwhelming the natural world. In a last-ditch effort to protect itself, the world closes in upon itself, choking off the infected area

Roughly imitating the effects of a cerebral blot, you force the world to collapse on itself, hiding the area of this breach away. Thus, distances between areas may be shortened as the intervening area no longer exists. There are only two ways in or out of the area. The first is a single focus leading in and out of the area, taking the form of a large tree, obelisk, or other such feature which appears in any unoccupied 10-foot cube of your choice within the area at the time of casting as well as appearing outside of the area where the borders of the vanquished area would start. Regardless of what side it is viewed on, a DC 10 Wisdom check reveals that it is usable as a portal. The only other exit is a single rift occupying an unoccupied 5-foot cube anywhere within range. Anyone who enters the rift vanishes into the far realms. This effect does not produce a cerebral marrow or produce any other effects typically linked with cerebral blots.
    Empowerment
    Area: 1,000 ft.-emanation, centered on you
    Duration: Permanent
    You control the temperature and weather within the sealed off area but may only control them on a uniform scale (making it difficult to spare allies and hinder foes). If you desire, you may select a single incursion you possess when you use this breach and fill the area of the breach with that incursion at all times. Lastly, all animals that remain in the area for at least one consecutive month permanently gain the pseudonatural template.

Only four more murmurs left to go and the next one has been requested on multiple occasions so I guess it's about time for insidious pact

Edit: *silently hands out cookies where they have been earned*
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Realms of chaos is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Wooo! This is totally awesome! I love the new Murmur and will look far more closely at it as soon as possible. :3

Can't wait for the new murmurs. I can only wonder which one will be next.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yessssss! We the faithful has waited, and not in vain. Soon all the power of the Far Realm will be ours!

In other words: Yay! Nice to see you back RoC!
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Two murmurs in two days?! You may find it hard to believe but it seems that this is really happening. And now for...

Insidious Pact
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exchange with the Ether
    Insidious Pact 1
    Duration: 1 min/level

You surrender part of your life-force to the unknowable forces beyond, feasting on their horrible presence as they devour your offering.

When using this breach, you may take damage up to twice your xenotheurgy level (this damage isn’t stopped by damage reduction, regeneration, or similar abilities). You add half of the number of hit points sacrificed to one of the following (chosen as you use the breach): attack rolls, damage rolls, AC, one saving throw, or skill checks. Damage dealt in this way can't be healed by any means for 24 hours.
    Empowerment
    You may select two of the options above instead of only one.

Bind to Truth
    Insidious Pact 1 [Mind-Affecting]
    Range: Close (25 ft.+5 ft/2 levels)
    Target: One extraplanar creature
    Duration: 5 minutes (D)

A geometrically alien pentagram appears in mid-air, circling around the waist of your target and binding their existence in something somewhat like a summoning.

If the target fails their saving throw, they can’t knowingly lie to you for the duration of this breach and all attack rolls that they make against you take a –2 penalty. The target is instantly aware of these effect as is under no compulsion to answer your queries. Even if a target does answer, they may still deceive through omission, technicalities, half-truths and so forth.
    Empowerment
    Whenever you present a query to the target, they must make another Will save with a +4 bonus or be forced to answer. This only applies the first time that a given query is given to an affected target in a 24-hour period (even if the breach is used again). Furthermore, the target is utterly unable to deceive you though any linguistic means.

Unbreakable Compact
    Insidious Pact 2
    Range: See text
    Target: You and target willing creature
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: None and Will partial

Promises hold power. By forming this power into something far more tangible… and deadly, you can ensure that this promise will be kept.

This breach magically enforces a deal agreed upon by you and the target. Though the target must be within 30 feet of you when you use this breach, the breach affects you both afterwards regardless of range. Whenever a creature would perform an action that would be in violation of the agreement, the target must make a Will save to go through with that action and takes 2d6 damage either way. Although you and the target are free to utilize loopholes, attempting to give either party of the agreement an impossible task causes the breach to fail and the breach ends prematurely if any task should become impossible. This breach lasts for 30 days or until both ends of the deal are upheld, whichever one comes first.
    Empowerment
    Target: You and up to one willing creature/level
    A single usage of this breach can only enforce a single deal among the targets. Any attempt to perform an action in violation with the agreement results in 5d6 damage instead of 2d6 and alerts all other targets that a violation has been attempted (whether or not it has succeeded, however, is not transmitted).

Sacrifice to the Beyond
    Insidious Pact 2
    Range: Personal; see text
    Target: You; see text
    Duration: 24 hours or until expended
    Saving Throw: None; see text

Offering a bit of your sanity to the far realms, your otherworldly masters can fit a bit more madness within your mind.

When using this breach, you immediately gain two warp points (plus any additional points you may have gained from using the breach). In exchange, you gain the ability to use a single 1st level breach at any time within the next 24 hours. The breach may come from any murmur (including ones that you don’t know) and you automatically succeed on your Will save when using that breach. You may only have one Sacrifice to the Beyond effect active on your person at a given time.
    Empowerment
    You immediately gain four warp points instead of two but may use either a 1st or a 2nd level breach.

Tethered from Outside
    Insidious Pact 3 (Calling)
    Range: Close (25 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One far realms creature with 8 HD or less
    Duration: Instantaneous

Tearing open a small hole to the far realms, you extract one of its inhabitants so that you may forge an alliance of sorts.

In most ways, this breach functions very much like the lesser planar ally spell, except that it summons any creature native to the far realms. Unfortunately, beings from the far realms are only rarely attracted to offers of material wealth, accepting it 50% of the time, +1%/xenotheurgy level. In all other situations, the creature demands a less traditional (and often less wholesome) form of payment which can vary widely but always consists of something that the xenotheurge is conceivably capable of paying (even if just barely) with the relative cost directly proportional to the length of the task requested of it. If this demand is not met, the creature attacks the xenotheurge and anyone who gets in its way.
    Empowerment
    Target: One or two far realms creatures with a total of 8 HD or less
    All creatures summoned through this breach demand a singular cost for their assistance (whether traditional or untraditional), even if they are put to different tasks. The odds of accepting material wealth are increased to 50% + 2%/xenotheurgy level.

Binding of the Soul
    Insidious Pact 3
    Effect: One vestige
    Duration: 1 hour and 24 hours

While you lack the finesse of a true binder, you too can reach the space beyond spaces where all vestiges reside

Upon using this breach, you may select a single vestige (ToM) of a level up to 1/4 of your xenotheurgy level. An image of that vestige’s manifestation overlaps with yours as you are granted the vestige’s granted abilities, sign, and influence. The granted abilities and manifestation last for 1 hour but the other “benefits” last for 24 hours. No matter how many times you use this breach, you only gain access to a single vestige each day.
    Empowerment
    When you use this empowered breach, you may switch the vestige that you possess access to, losing the sign and influence of the previous vestige. Doing so, however, grants you four warp points immediately.

Mark of Ultimatum
    Insidious Pact 4
    Target: willing creature touched
    Saving Throw: None and Fortitude negates

Looking through infinite timelines, you attempt to cleave off all continuities in which your target behaves in a certain way, dooming them should they try to act in such a manner

This breach functions very much like the Mark of Justice spell with two differences. First of all, basic actions required for continuing life (such as breathing or eating) can’t be banned in this way and the subject is instinctively aware of what they can’t do and the punishment for doing so. Secondly, rather than a target being cursed when going against the mark, the target starts suffering from corporeal instability as if hit by a chaos beast unless they succeed on a Fortitude save against the save DC of the breach.
    Empowerment
    Range:Close (25 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: Up to one willing creature/level
    All creatures affected by a single use of this breach are barred from performing a single action. Whenever any such creature breaks the prohibition, you become instantly aware of which target has done so. Lastly, remove curse and break enchantment fail to remove this affliction.

Dread Knowledge
    Insidious Pact 4 [Mind-Affecting]
    Saving Throw: None and Will negates

You successfully supplicate your masters for a small fraction of their knowledge. The only question, then, is if you can deal with the knowledge you have asked for.

You gain a +20 insight bonus to all skill checks made using a knowledge skill of your choice. You may use that knowledge skill untrained and even re-try failed checks as knowledge is always cycling through your head. Whenever you make a knowledge check using that skill, however, you must make a Will save or be driven insane as the insanity spell for the remainder of the duration and not remember any information you had gained from the knowledge check to have driven you insane. You may only have one Dread Knowledge effect active at a given time. Immunity to mind-affecting effects renders you immune to both the benefits and downsides of this breach.
    Empowerment
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    The benefits and drawbacks of this breach now extend to all knowledge skills. As a full-round action, you can take 20 on a knowledge check by taking a –10 penalty on your Will Save.

Bound from Outside
    Insidious Pact 5 (Calling)
    Target: One or two far realms creatures with a total of 14 HD or less.

Slashing a large gash in the barrier between our sane world and what lies beyond, you call upon a minion or two to do your dirty work… for a price

In most ways, this breach functions like Tethered from Outside. The odds of creatures accepting material wealth, however, is reduced to 30% + 1%/xenotheurgy level. Furthermore, if a creature called in this way demands an alternate form of payment, it is far more specific in desires, wanting something from the xenotheurgy ranging from his hands and organs to his shadow, voice, and/or consciousness. Trying to pay the creature(s) called in this way deals the xenotheurge 1d6 points of ability damage to each ability score (roll separately for each score) and 1d4 negative levels that heal naturally at a rate of one per day. If the xenotheurge is incapable of paying these costs or refuses to do so, the creature(s) called attacks the xenotheurge as normal.
    Empowerment
    Target: Any number of far realms creatures with a total of 18 HD or less
    If more than 14 HD of creatures are called in this way, the creatures demand both prices in double, taking twice as much material wealth as well as dealing 2d6 points of ability damage to each ability and 2d4 negative levels. If the called creature possesses a CR higher than your xenotheurgy level, there is a 50% chance that it will still turn on you after being paid, though it will still try to accept your payment before betraying you.

Anathemic Gateway
    Insidious Pact 5
    Target: See text
    Duration: 1 day/level

Opening a gateway into your being, one of your many patrons slips in a small tendril of its influence. Though its presence haunts your sleep, it provides a certain measure of power and protection.

You let in a being of great and horrible power into your very essence, preventing you from ever finding true rest. You are fatigued at all times and any condition that would cause you to become fatigued render you exhausted instead. In addition, you no longer heal naturally and can’t regain spells. None of these effects can be healed until the duration of this breach comes to a close.
    The being does grant you some amount of power, however. Whenever a creature damages you with a weapon, spell, spell-like ability, supernatural ability, or magical item, that creature instantly takes 2d6 damage +1 damage/2 xenotheurgy levels. In addition, you gain access to an additional random incursion for the duration of this breach.
    Empowerment
    Duration: 24 hours
    The extra presence within your mind allows you to have two incursions active at the same time, even when fully conscious and sane.

Reshaped by the Master
    Insidious Pact 6
    Duration: 1 round/level

You allow the tainted energies of your masters to course through you, reshaping your own body in their horrid image.

You gain the Half-Farspawn template for the duration of this breach. Your HD is treated as being half of your xenotheurgy level for the purpose of determining what spell-like abilities you possess access to. No matter how many times you use this breach in a day, the allotment of spell-like abilities is given on a daily basis.
    Empowerment
    Saving Throw: None or Will negates
    Your HD is treated as being equal to your xenotheurgy level for the purpose of determining what spell-like abilities you possess access to. In addition, whenever you use this breach, you may select one of the following abilities to gain for its duration.
    Impossible form The unearthly geometry of your body makes it so that all attacks made against you have a 20% miss chance and all effects targeting you have a 20% of simply failing.
    One with the Unnatural: Your body absorbs magic around you like an insatiable sponge, creating an antimagic field within a 5 foot-radius of yourself. This field does not affect your own murmurs, breaches, incursions, or disturbances, however.
    Aura of Insanity: All creatures that approach within 30 feet of you must make a Will save or become confused (as the confusion spell) for the remaining duration n of the breach. A creature who successfully saves need not make another save against your aura of insanity for 24 hours, even if you use this breach later on.

Eternal Contract
    Insidious Pact 6
    Duration: Permanent/24 hours or until expended; see text.

Having made contact with your horrid masters, you have made a deal to loosen the hold of the Far Realms on your soul in exchange for your service.

The first time that this breach is used, you are immediately put under a quest effect, giving you a mission from your patrons in the far realms. Quests given in this way are never open-ended and often coincide at least partially with your current aims or goals or at the very least rarely lead you too far away, geographically speaking. Whenever a quest given in this way is completed, you gain another one immediately in a never-ending chain of tasks. Each time after the first that this breach is used, it protects you from death. The first timme you die within 24 hours of using the breach and while actively trying to accomplish the quest you have been given, you are returned to life as if through raise dead if enough of you remains to be raised in such a way.
    Empowerment
    When slain while pursuing your quest, you are instead returned to life as if through a resurrection spell if possible. In addition, you are immune to mark of justice, lesser geas, and geas/quest spells while protected by subsequent uses of this breach as your masters seek to keep you on topic.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2011-02-21 at 05:48 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great to see you back RoC. Can't wait to see what horrors the Far Realm bring us this time. :P
    What is this, I don't even.

30. - Top - End - #300

I think I found an error in Unbreakable Compact. In the unempowered version, it says it deals 2d6 damage if someone violates the agreement. In the empowered version it says that it deals 5d6 instead of 1d6 damage. So which is it? Is the normal damage 1d6 or 2d6?