New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Solo 3.5

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Solo 3.5

IRONHAME

Ironhame thrives on the very edge of the kingdom of Naramis. A frontier settlement that draws in adventurers, its atmosphere of danger and violence attracts only the most adventuresome or desperate subjects of the kingdom. Built right next to Deluge Jungle, Ironhame attracts tomb robbers, treasure hunters, fiend-hunting zealots, nature priests, and all other types of adventurers.

Lord Mayor Wort enforces one law—he and his cronies must stay in power and stay wealthy. Anyone can roam the streets armed—but they may be fined if they don’t buy a writ of arms. Since roaming the town unarmed is an invitation for robbery for almost everyone but monks, most subjects either buy a writ or dodge the Watch.

Keal Kseo, a warblade and magic item merchant, trains some warblades. Allek Thrazt, an outcast of the hobgoblin warblade school of Ur-Thaldaar, offers training in the martial ways of the warblade. The Vix Tholm, crusaders of Torm, has its own school, the Sapphire Citadel, in the city, both aiding and competing with its temple. The Harad Devin Temple instructs would-be swordsages and tattoos members with the long history of their order.

Firesnake is an enforcer for hire in the town of Ironhame. She uses threats and violence to drive a patron’s competitors out of business, opens new markets for crime by moving out competing scoundrels, provides muscle for meetings, and works as a spy.

Anything and everything is for sale in Ironhame including not just lives but also souls. Disguised outsiders seek to corrupt and take souls, illusion clad aberrations stalk the streets, and press-gangs shanghai drunken subjects into jungle cutting work parties.

Other powerful forces patrol the city as well. The temple of Bria has a powerful presence both within the settlement and in the jungle, bridging the differences between human and elf and their occasional offspring the half-elves.

The temple of Torm and the Vix Tholm have declared a war against the evil outsiders and monsters of the Deluge Jungle, and they enforce justice on the streets as well. Unlike they Watch, the sapphire knight protectors cannot be bribed and their temple has more than enough wealth to ensure Lord Mayor Wort writes laws that supports their influence in the city. Of course, this war of shadows leads some followers of Torm to stumble and become the worst blackguards the town has ever seen.

Kuthar of Ironhame, a powerful warblade and wizard, may be the most powerful arcane caster in Ironhame. He cannot be corrupted and, of all the denizens of the town, he is the one most likely to appear to combat an evil outsider, likely to arrive even sooner than a sapphire knight protector. Kuthar, a pragmatist, always requires a quest in return for his aid. These quests sometimes seem worse than the demon possession he prevents, but whoever completes such a quest gains power and perhaps a powerful ally as well.

Other laws, secrets, societies, and challenges are hidden in Ironhame, but you have to adventure there to discover them. Keep one hand on your sword and the other on your coin pouch, Ironhame awaits!
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-08-23 at 02:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Solo 3.5

Gilderoy and Bron travel the streets, carefully dodging the watch as neither possesses a writ of arms. They travel to the seedier parts of town in search of a possible job.

OOC: I don't particularly want to seek out warblades, wizards, crusaders, clerics, or enforcers, I will, however, if there is some reason why I would want to (other than reward, because I can earn enough money grifting that I wouldn't really bother with more dangerous pursuits) I would certainly get involved. Right now I'm looking for a likely mark while my merc friend watches my back.
    "Whatever Happens, you can face it on your feet" Lan, The Great Hunt

3. - Top - End - #3

Actually I think it would make more sense to first get a weapons permit. Question: is there some kind of organized crime that controls the city? I would assume so and if I'm right I will seek them out after I get my weapon license. Want to make sure I'm on good terms with the powers that be.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OK; make a Gather Information check.

5. - Top - End - #5

[roll1d20[/roll] Hope this works. I've been having trouble figuring out the roll thing.

6. - Top - End - #6

(1d20)[9] drat.

7. - Top - End - #7

By the way. I didn't add my mod cause the dice roller seems very finicky and I wasn't sure how to format it. With my +8 mod it would be a 17. I swear I'm not fudging my rolls.

8. - Top - End - #8

Oh and I am trying to be discreet. Not that I expect you to screw me over for not saying it but it has happened before and I don't want it to happen again.

9. - Top - End - #9

Sorry IRL craziness going on right now (on top of my recent contraction of bronchitis) so I don't think I'll be able to post for a week or so untill all this settles down. and when I said that I'd been screwed before for forgetting to say that I was being discreet I meant with a different GM.

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm back. Just making sure the thread hasn't died.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Are you ready to continue?

12. - Top - End - #12

Yes. I'm sorry but the bronchitis lasted longer than I thought and by the time it was over I had forgotten about this thread.