New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Black Jewels Campaign In-Character

Lady Mythlye

Staggering downwards, Mythlye has a look of horror on her face as if one had not just seen their own demise and passing, but the fate of an entire world crumble. She looks to be on the verge of madness, and it passes.

The look had been there for but a second and that was enough. All had seen it clearly and all had witnessed it.

For a moment she stays on her knees, then as the males reach her and Lady Margot she takes Ark's arm and hand on one side, and Kaydns on the other rising to her legs, and standing straight a moment later.

When Lady Margot had been helped to her feet she lays a reassuring hand upon the Ladys shoulder and smiles at her as genuinley as possible.

"Well that is certainly a different feeling.

Anyone have any plans so far? Or even where we are, my Lady, you don't happen to have directions do you for where we are needed to go, or at least the general direction?

I think the best way may be to get the Queen to ride out for some reason, and catch her in a trap, rather than bursting into a castle full of heavily armed and armoured men and magicians."

With that said she stands, intones a few words of power and a shimmering field of force descends upon Mythlye.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Mage Armour, 15 hours left.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Extending a firm arm to Lady Margot if she lets him, Daros curiously raises an eyebrow as to their condition, but characteristically keeps silent. He looks at the other males in the group to see if anyone else has felt whatever the ladies have experienced.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth helps Ark bring Lady Margot to her feet. When he is sure that she is okay, he sees if Lady Mythyle needs any help.
    "Lady Mythyle, I do not have any idea for a plan, but with the outlook on the group, it looks like Solomon could scout out the tower through the windows to be able to find any gaurds or perhaps, our target herself."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Solomon does have wings, right?
    Best comment I've heard in a D&D game:

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

"I JUST POWERBOMBED AYN RAND!"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn is there when she needs him, ready with a hand on her elbow to help her up. His face is carefully impassive, he isn't sure what happened to bring that look to her face and he isn't sure if it's something he was meant to know.

After she's standing, he keeps one hand on her elbow in case she suddenly feels faint, as he looks around for anything that may be menacing or unusual in the local area.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lady Margot smiles faintly at the aid offered her, accepting gracefully. Blinking slightly at Lady Mythlye's abrupt change of subject, she says unsteadily:
    "Lady, recall that I haven't been to Terreille in decades, or out of this Territory in even longer. I cannot say what the weaknesses in d'Kell's defenses could be, but yes, I think stealth is in order here.

In any case, you'll need transport to Tigrelan, which is just across the Chaillot Strait. As I recall, there's a ferry service running between Beldon Mor, the capital of Chaillot, and somewhere in Tigrelan, which should serve admirably. Let's see, Beldon Mor is... About three miles West of here, getting there ought not to be hard. There's horses in the stable attached to the Altar if you need them."
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

I can help with that!

Ark excitedly says in response to Marth's suggestion, obviously happy to have useful skills,

I can not only fly, but fly invisibly. It should be easy enough to scout out the grounds... And besides, he adds, while i'm there, i can have a chat with the local fauna about our dear target. You'd be surprised what birds and squirrels can learn.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

A distinctive change in Javarel's demeanor can be noticed as he walks into the new realm. There's an air confidence as he strides into the musty room. He was quite humbled when meeting with the High Lord, but now feels much more relaxed. After quickly looking around his new surroundings both with his eyes and his mindsight, he speaks up, "Ah, well stealth is a subject I have some knowledge in as well. I can scout too, and help Solomon out by making him invisible. We may have some things in common, kid." He nods and smiles at Ark before looking back at the rest of the group. "Firstly I must ask, is there anyone in our group that might be recognized in this realm? We may run into some troubles if our ladies could be pointed out by one of Dorothea's lackeys on our journey. Disguises should be used in that case."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff for the "smile" [roll]1d20+15[/roll]

Turning to Lady Margot he adds, "Is there anything else the High Lord has set up to aide us? Perhaps more contacts on this realm to have a safe place to sleep?"

Without looking at Ark he speaks to the boy telepathically without using his psychic thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is your last name, boy? Don't try to lie, I assure you it won't work."
    Last edited by Delandel; 2009-09-28 at 09:07 PM.
    Homebrew: Frostfire Mage PrC
    DM'ing:Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Anex / Oolar Battle of Black Rock

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn looks away when Javarel asks who might be recognized. He has a past history in Terreille, but he doesn't want the others to know. He didn't recognize the name of the Queen they're going to kill, but that doesn't mean he wasn't once the property of someone she knew. He never even knew most of the names of the Queens he was passed around to. He keeps his eyes on the floor, unwilling to speak.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark
    Surprised by the unusual form of telepathic contact, and put off by the harsh tone of the voice, the smile on Ark's face falters for a second, but is soon replaced with a fake

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff for the smile
    (1d20+11)[18]

He responds along the created telepathic link
    Spoiler
    Show
    whats it to you? who are you?

he looks around for suspicious faces.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive
    (1d20+8)[27]
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2009-09-28 at 09:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Slowly turning to Javarel, Daros shrugs at his question as he scratches his cheek.

"I did some... business around here from time to time, but I hardly doubt that someone would recognize me."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"Well none of us know who or what could inform to who in this realm. But at a guess, a group of this many unrecognised faces alone will be reported, let alone if they see how powerful each of us are. So as reprehensible as it may be, we may have to hide our jewels as we travel through the realm.

If we intend to do this by stealth, I would suggest going in pairs at least, even if one of us could be perfect for a task, if they have any form of magical guards or sentries, we don't want someone going down without anyone else knowing and being able to contact the group.

First I suggest we find some form of town, and see what the Queen is up to and like, if she spends most of the time in the castle, we can work at it from there?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Copper

"I find your plan agreeable my queen. I would be well suited to a one or two person group, but some of the others may not be. If we do opt to spilt up, perhaps we should discuss our strengths with each other now. That way no group would be unable to function on their own.

"I am a scout of military training. I excel at speed and long ranged combat. I also have acute senses."
    Last edited by Strawman; 2009-09-29 at 07:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

"An excellent plan, Lady Mythlye. The nearest settlement of any size is, as I've said, Beldon Mor, ruled by... I'm afraid I don't remember; it's been rather a while since I last visited. Something to remember, by-the-by: If anyone mentions Cassandra's Altar, they mean here. Can't recall why.

I'll be remaining here, to provide a safe base and to relay any messages the High Lord might have for you. If you'd like to rest for a bit, do so, otherwise, good luck and may the Darkness embrace you!"
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    "Thank you milady," the human says as he bows. He looks around at the others to see if they are ready to go.

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"Well seen as we're sharing information, I wouldn't work as well in a pair as most of you guys probably will, and to be honest, I think most of my skills would have to be person skills.

Well then lets get a move on, I suppose if your skills are as a scout, Copper, lead on. And anyone else who is sneaky and quick go with him, if we start working together properly now, we should mesh better as time goes on, and we can iron weaknesses out of our dynamic now."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"Yes, that's a good idea. Splitting up will draw less attention to ourselves than travelling in a large group. I also recommend, milady, that you slip into some more modest clothing when we arrive at the town," he says, grinning at Mythlye, "You dress fitting for a queen of your status, but alas that may be a problem if we want to remain unseen."

After looking over his group he continues, "So, it appears Copper, Ark, and I are the ones most capable of scouting? That's a good amount. Alright, let's be off then in the suggested pairs. About half hour intervals would suffice I'd say. Meet at the nearest inn inside the town?"

Javarel nods politely to Lady Margot, "Thank you, milday. We will be in touch."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge nobility / arcana about the "altar of cassandra"? (1d20)[1] +15 if arcana +12 if nobility.

Speaking telepathically to Ark:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ark Syle. That's who you are. You may not remember me but I certainly remember you. No need to look around -- I'm Javarel. If we're to pair up, you're coming with me. We have much to catch up on, brother."

When all is said and done, Javarel (either with Ark, Copper, both?) heads out to the ferry and is off to the town.
    Last edited by Delandel; 2009-10-01 at 06:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark

Ark's eyes widen in shock momentarily he glances quickly over at Javarel. Brother?

He responds telepathically to javarel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I haven't gone by that name in a very long time. you have a lot of explaining to do...

Still slightly phased, Ark takes a second before he can process what is going on (the new form of telepathy is not quite as natural feeling to him as a typical psychic link, not to mention the fact that a man he had only just met was now calling him brother), then nods,

I agree. it will be best to stagger our arrival into town. I will join Javarel in the first group...

and he and Javarel leave.

Once outside, Ark commands his garb to shift again, which it does, to a set of well worn looking leather breeches, boots, and bracers over a yellowing cloth shirt and pants and a long brownish scarf to cover his jewel.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Copper turns to Marth and says, "You look tough. I like to stay out of the front lines. I think we'd make a good strike force together."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    "Alright then." Marth responds. "Let's get going Copper, you look like you can back me up pretty good."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn would rather stay with Lady Mythlye, being a warlord prince isn't easy to hide. He turns to her, If it would please you my Lady, I'd rather stay by your side.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Daros suppresses a smirk as three pairs immediately form and leave him alone.

That's... much better than what I thought.

Looking back one last time to see if anyone else has anything to say, Daros begins to march his way to the city with great, wide steps without uttering another word.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2009-10-02 at 02:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"Obviously Kaydn, you don't think i'd be going without you do you?

Daros, if you wish, you can travel with us, I don't wish to leave anyone feeling ostracized "
    (I have no idea if thats vaguely spelt right.)

As to the clothing, she hasn't packed anything mundane, it was the one thing that slipped her mind.

She waves her hands over herself and with a simple cantrip (prestidigitation) it looks as if she is wearing a slightly smelly disheveled peasant suit.

"Lets hurry this up, I don't want to have to look like this for long."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Freezing in his tracks, Daros gazes back at Lady Mythlye and bows swiftly.

"Ostracized? Hardly milady, I'm very much used to working alone, and have no qualms about it. However, if your Highness would wish me as company, I'd -of course- oblige."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"I will force no one to come with us, if you wish to keep yourself to yourself then travel on alone, and we will meet each other in the town.

If we are to work as a group though, I would have no one resenting anyone else."

With this she sets off towards the town without looking back, but slow enough that if Daros wishes to catch us up he can do and really quite easily.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Right, we'll do this by groups, shall we?

Ark and Javarel:
    Getting to Beldon Mor takes rather less time than you'd expected. Well-paved roads wend their way through a remarkably pleasant-looking, if rather briar-filled wood, then past fields in which a scattering of farmers toil, the more prosperous aided by sorcerous constructs. A manor house on a hill is the only thing noticably different from Kaeleer - A vaguely repulsive physic scent emanates from it. Not evil, per se, but... a sense that one would be better off not knowing what lies within its walls.

The city itself has that curious air of a beautiful place once much more so. Green parks and tree-lined avenues alike are filled with young aristocrats on the strut, and by armed guards wearing what you presume to be the Lady Alexandra's livery. One stops you on the way to the inn district, but waves you on before you have time to answer him. Clearly, the Watch is not too watchful in this Territory.

Note: Any conversations you wish to have can still take place, but mark them with "Unreal Time" so I don't get confused.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Daros looks at both interchangeable options: the empty road, and the queen with her sorcerer. After couple seconds, Daros shrugs as he moves after Lady Mythlye.

"No offense milady, but basic tactics would suggest always to put a sword in front of every staff, so I'd travel with your group, if it'd be no problem," he says, walking a little faster to catch up to them.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn follows after Lady Mythlye. He looks around with interest, but remains alert for trouble, they're in Terreille after all and anything could happen. When Daros joins them, he smiles in welcome. He doesn't really have much to say.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark

as they travel, Ark observes the garb of the people around him and surreptitiously modifies his outfit accordingly, changing cloth styles, embroidery, color scheme, etc. while keeping the same general garments. (always careful to keep his withered arm hidden beneath long sleeves, and his jewel hidden beneath a wound scarf)

As they pass the guardsman, Ark makes sure to memorize his outfit, as it could possibly come in handy later...

unreal time: (all this is via psychic link (Ark initiated this time))
    Spoiler
    Show
    so... i think its time you've told me who you are... i have no brother, and if this is some scheme to come into my family's wealth forget it, we haven't been wealthy in a long time... then, less forcefully, we haven't been a family in a long time...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Finding the sorcerer's silent manners to his liking, Daros nods politely at Kadyn and even manages to conjure up a smile in return. He will travel a little ahead of the group if he can, gazing around to find anything suspicious.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel keeps an eye out for any notable people as they enter the town. He's intrigued by the manor -- perhaps he will be paying a visit there soon. When inside the inn, if there is a bar he approaches the counter with a smile and orders two mugs of their finest ale and then finds an empty table for him and Ark to sit at. If not, he'll lounge around the main room until everyone else shows up.

unreal time (telepathy again):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, this isn't a scam. I don't need your daddy's gold, I've got more of it now than he could've dreamed of. It's more curiosity than anything else. What happened to the 'perfect' family?

Well, you're right, I'm not exactly your brother. It was a quick way to get you to join me on this walk though. Technically, I'm your half-brother. When you were little my parents were servants for your dad. The red-haired maid that took care of you, that was my mom. And boy did she love you! But when my parents were killed when your house was being robbed, your father came to me and gave me ten silver pieces and told me to never bother him again. I was a blemish on his reputation of course.

Now, what's with that jewel of yours? It seems to have a mind of its own."
    Last edited by Delandel; 2009-10-06 at 03:45 PM.