New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The GiantitpAnime Fans' Visual Novel

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Sure, fine.
    Oh, you spoil sport. I'll change it back.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just for comparison, current day battle cruisers are about 100-200 metres lengthwise, and an aircraft carrier is about 300 m+ length

Gundams are about 20 m. so a 1 km mech=50 gundams...

But, I still think that 1 km mech is too small, we got more than 50 mechs, right?

by the way, anyone got that mech size comparison chart?

edit:

@V you're right. Didn't thought of that.
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-09-09 at 12:37 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Volume wise, 1 km length mech will have 50x50x50 = 125,000 worth of gundams, assuming they are in the same ratio.

So it's plenty big.

4. - Top - End - #184

On controlling the mech: a machine that large would be completely ridiculous especially if each component has to be manually controlled by an operator receiving instructions from a central hub.

How about the combined pilot force forms some sort of gestalt entity, where everyones' minds get linked up to handle tasks as a distributed subconsciousness? Something like the original plans for the Matrix. You could have it that each of the three main girls is a different major subsystem and the pilot links all three. (What's a suitable division? Movement/Weapons/Power Management?)

This would mean that the extra pilots are quite literally there for their Spirit bonuses. And once people start getting killed off, it should make things very interesting.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

It's funnier if everyone controls one joint.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    @ Prime32: I made you a new name (that took a lot less time than I thought ): Ila Sanjuni. The first name is based off of Korean.
    If the character is Korean, shouldn't the surname be San-Juni?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    On controlling the mech: a machine that large would be completely ridiculous especially if each component has to be manually controlled by an operator receiving instructions from a central hub.

How about the combined pilot force forms some sort of gestalt entity, where everyones' minds get linked up to handle tasks as a distributed subconsciousness? Something like the original plans for the Matrix. You could have it that each of the three main girls is a different major subsystem and the pilot links all three. (What's a suitable division? Movement/Weapons/Power Management?)

This would mean that the extra pilots are quite literally there for their Spirit bonuses. And once people start getting killed off, it should make things very interesting.
    Hm. Maybe combine this, and my suggestion about the various other pilots manning individual mini-turrets and such.

Maybe...one girl is Defensive Systems, one is Weapons, and one is Power Management? With the main pilot as Movement?

Which leaves everyone else (including the Lancer) as spirit bonuses. Somehow, that thought amuses me some.

Or you could split weapons between one of the girls and Ritt.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

If the character is Korean, shouldn't the surname be San-Juni?
    Nay. If her first name were Korean, her last name would be San, Ju, or Ni. Only one of the three, since Korean names can really only 3 syllables total.

My post was a bit misleading. I meant that the name "Illa" is a pun based off of Korean ("Il" = 1 in Korean), not that the character itself is Korean.

...though I can make her Korean if you want to.

I'm at class in the moment, so I'll need some time to think about the mech issue.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2009-09-09 at 08:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    The secondary pilots aren't just sitting and doing nothing. They're there to provide SPIRIT SKILLS. And because this mecha is friggin' huge, it's going to have like hundreds of them. Imagine a unit with hundreds of co-pilots? It'll be unstoppable!

This is how the penultimate level of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann's introductory SRW is going to look.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    This is how the penultimate level of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann's introductory SRW is going to look.
    I was thinking roughly the same thing when making the post.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

The alternative is base it on the movie finale, and just have everyone in a ridiculously huge version of their normal robot made entirely out of hot blood. Yes, even the real-type pilots.

...hopefully this game will also have Turn A Gundam (for Tengen Toppa Kapool).
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Nay. If her first name were Korean, her last name would be San, Ju, or Ni. Only one of the three, since Korean names can really only 3 syllables total.

My post was a bit misleading. I meant that the name "Illa" is a pun based off of Korean ("Il" = 1 in Korean), not that the character itself is Korean.

...though I can make her Korean if you want to.
    Half-Korean then. Or half-Vietnamese, or whatever would work.

Appearance-wise I don't have much to say, except that her uniform or flight-suit should have hard sections suggestive of armour (if not actual armour plates).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-09-09 at 01:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

The name seems fine and working from that i'd say we should go with making my character be Spanish. Not that i am Spanish or really know anything about Spain, just seems fitting when having a Spanish last name, besides i couldn't take the name seriously as an actual name if we were to use the German, Swedish or Danish that would all be more accurate for where i am from.

Appearance: Tall and slender with surprisingly pale skin given her country of origin. Going with the whole being Miyuki theme pink hair, even though i don't like pink, and bustiness are both required. So are glasses, but they would be even without the Miyuki angle, though i'd prefer narrower, though still girly, glasses over the big, round things she has. As far as clothes go i'd imagine heading towards the kind of lack of fashion that marks classic nerd girls, which is to say cute without having either the girlishness of other characters meant to be cute. So basically a less prudish version of the hot librarian, who just doesn't have the skill at fashion.

Background: A blessed background of academic success and fortunate, if not truly upper class, economic conditions marred by poor social skills seems fitting.

Quirks and favorites: Apart from the tendency to be overly wordy when excited, a great fondness for tea and sweets are clearly in there. So is a generally positive attitude towards anything and difficulty getting angry over things that aren't deeply personal, while a very easy time getting excited about things she likes. Cannot get her food spicy enough. Loves reading, whether things relating to her profession, random other information or actual literature, though with a preference for trashy pop culture over high art, all of which has left her with quite large stores of trivia. Has a generally sedentary lifestyle with few physically active interests, though she is surprisingly good at cooking, though that is marred by her being fairly squeamish. And of course she is very fond of girls.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2009-09-09 at 10:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, Siela is the only lead girl with no description. Time to change that!

I can't think of anything right now. Well, when I do, I'll let ya know.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

I see that Kamia is essentially the illegitimate, yandere child of Kagami and Ruri.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    I see that Kamia is essentially the illegitimate, yandere child of Kagami and Ruri.
    The fact that this sentence makes total sense to me made me stop and realize just how incomprehensible we must look to probably half the people on this board.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

And a much larger proportion of the people who have no ties to nerd culture.

17. - Top - End - #197

The worst part is, I haven't even seen Nadesico. I'm assuming indirect transmission is responsible.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

The same with me, and I've only seen like, 4 episodes of Lucky Star.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

19. - Top - End - #199

3) Lay down the foundations for a setting (so far we have: far future, evil cultist empire vs our good empire, high school (I'm thinking about an Academy + Combat School space station, combining both a stereotypical Japanese high school and big robots)).
    Stellvia of the Universe is an anime a bit like that. Except the space station/school is more like a mothership and the bad guys are natural disaster wave of energy rather than aliens.

If you want a mech that big, look at the Macross. It's dimensions are 1210/496/312 meters.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

May I suggest that Nerdo's character have cybernetic implants/be the result of a failed super-soldier experiment/etc. which enhances her mental abilities? Just to explain how she could pilot a PLANT by herself.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-09-09 at 03:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Well, Nerdo's stealing that part of his character from Gravion's Sandman, who could pilot Sigma Gravion all by himself because he's awesome. Also an alien, but mostly awesome.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Well, Nerdo's stealing that part of his character from Gravion's Sandman, who could pilot Sigma Gravion all by himself because he's awesome. Also an alien, but mostly awesome.
    But this way she can tell someone the 278th digit of pi, then casually shrug at their reaction! That contributes to awesome, surely!
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-09-09 at 03:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I have an ex-girlfriend who can do that, so let's not.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Your ex-girlfriend was a cyborg?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Your ex-girlfriend was a cyborg?
    That explains his fondness for robot girls.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

But all female cyborgs are lesbian Mary Sue, how could Nerdo ever date that?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, only the Major is. Other female cyborgs are just lesbians.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

But this way she can tell someone the 278th digit of pi, then casually shrug at their reaction! That contributes to awesome, surely!
    Uh... Anyone can do that. It's 6.*

The real question is, is, can she tell someone the Nth digit of pi for arbitrarily chosen N where N <= 278? or rather, what is the largest M for which this is true where N <= M?

*Made you look! But, for the record, no, I didn't just make up a number; I looked it up.
    Last edited by Random832; 2009-09-09 at 04:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

I have a bit of a concern...

Both Kamia and Kara are interesting characters, but at the moment they both seem rather similar--or, at the very least, they're both kuudere in some way or another. If it's not too much trouble, would either one of you mind making your characters more distinct from the other in terms of personality?

Appearance-wise I don't have much to say, except that her uniform or flight-suit should have hard sections suggestive of armour (if not actual armour plates).
    Very well. I'll fill out the rest of your Appearance section going off of Illa's ethnicity.

Going with the whole being Miyuki theme pink hair, even though i don't like pink, and bustiness are both required.
    If you don't really want pink hair, it's entirely up to you. What color would you prefer? And if you wish it, I can make Terra be modestly endowed, or even flat chested (or...even gag boobs ).

@ Nerdo: Are you alright with Neridia having subtle, mysterious cybernetic enhancements hinting at her previous involvement as a PLANT Primary Pilot?

30. - Top - End - #210

Both Kamia and Kara are interesting characters, but at the moment they both seem rather similar--or, at the very least, they're both kuudere in some way or another.
    Well, nothingclever called his first, and I wasn't looking at it when I made mine, so I guess I'll revise Kamia a bit. But not right now. zzzzzzz