New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Truenamer Playtest: Eyes of the Lich Queen [IC]

Jorryn looks at the others and says, "Well, let's head west." With that, he starts off in that direction.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Lorenax

"Well, I supose that is as good as any other, in this situation."

*Falling into step, he reloads his crossbow, and continues to maintain his concentration.*

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks Rahl
    Last edited by DueceEsMachine; 2010-02-14 at 12:14 PM.
    What D&D Character would I be?
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful/Good Human Wizard/Sorcerer (2/2)
    Str - 14
    Dex - 17
    Con - 15
    Int - 16
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 18
    Hmmm.. Not too shabby. I think I'd do pretty well. Who knows?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

The western hallway leads about fifty feet straight ahead, where you can see it opens up into a larger room. Along the right wall of the hall, a doorway leads to a different room. An intermittant low growl and scuffling can be heard from the chamber directly ahead, but you can't see the source from the hall.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jorryn motions for the others to go back a ways down the hall and says, "I don't know what was growling down there, but we should be prepared for the worst. I am out of useful spells for summing a creature to soak up damage. Are we ready for another fight or should we explore the other parts of this temple for a bit and then rest?"
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

5. - Top - End - #155

BardGuy

Lorenax

"I think we can handle whatever is in there with a little bit of preperation. It can't be any worse than the dragon guarding the front door could it? Give me a moment, and I'll see what I can do, then we give it our best, eh?"

*Taking a deep breath, he begins chanting, urging the universe to obey his will, telling it to guide their hands, that their enemies will fall swiftly. After a few seconds of this, he opens his eyes and heads towards the growling.*

"It wont last very long - maybe half a minute if we're lucky - make your first swing count!"

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Alright, I'm going to use strike of might on anyone who wants it, probably Jorryn first then Dicare, it lasts 5 rounds or until dispersed, and will add 10 points of damage to your next melee strike.
    Truespeak DC: 21 for Jorryn, 23 for Dicare, I think I used it on him once before.
    Jorryn
    (1d20+17)[25]
    Dicare
    (1d20+17)[36]
    Edit: So, good on both of you.
    Last edited by DueceEsMachine; 2010-02-15 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Str - 14
    Dex - 17
    Con - 15
    Int - 16
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 18

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Dicare

Dicare gives a short nod as he feels the magic take effect, and seeing nothing else to do, steps through the doorway.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Light streams in from the high windows of this vaulted chamber, illuminating a circular well bordered by a low bloodstained wall. Rusty iron cages are into the far wall, while the others bear bas-relief sculptures that illustrate the macabre rites that must have once taken place here. If the images on the walls are to be believed, creatures were held within these cages and dropped into the central well. Below, a great skeletal dragon would feast on them.

A snarling grunt issues from the dark corner of the room to the right of the entrance. A low mass of shaggy fur and sharp claws eyes you warily. You hear the sound of metal on stone as the oversized wolverine shifts in the shadows.

Nearby, two more blackscales face you, keeping the well between you and them. Unlike the more-primitive looking lizardfolk outside, these wear ornate breastplates engraved with draconic imagery. They heft spiked greatclubs and glare angrily at you.

Spoiler
    Show

Inititive:
    Blackscales:(1d20)[9]
    Dicare:(1d20+6)[18]
    Lorenax:(1d20+3)[20]
    Naxx:(1d20+3)[16]
    Jorryn:(1d20+5)[21]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

Naxx will have brought his mount just inside the temple's corridor.

After the bison *poofs* away, he will take rear guard with his bow out. (He has good senses and might make a good stout, but he isn't great with a sword and isn't very tough.)

9. - Top - End - #159

BardGuy

Lorenax

*Taking barely a moment to react, he levels his crossbow at the furry beast to their side. To his happy surprise Jorryn moves an instant before him.*
    "Strike fast!"

*The mechanical click of the release level sounds loud in his ears, and the weapon nearly falls from his grasp as he startles.*

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Just a note, I like that you roll the initiative, it saves you having to wait for all of us to do it.
    Attack roll - Crossbow
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Crit, just in case
    (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage
    (1d10+11)[21]
    Last edited by DueceEsMachine; 2010-02-23 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Str - 14
    Dex - 17
    Con - 15
    Int - 16
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 18

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jorryn begins to chant, and at the culmination of his chanting a fire beetle appears. Jorryn says in Celestial, "Charge the lizardfolk please!" With that, the beetle charges directly at the nearest lizardfolk, putting extra effort into its strike in an attempt to stop the evil creatures from harming the party. The beetles jaws sink deep into the leg of the nearest lizardfolk, and it tears a great rip in the flesh. Unfortunately, the bite missed the major artery in the leg, despite causing a significant wound.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What was it that Lorenax buffed me with? I don't know what that does.

Casting Summon Monster 1 for a Celestial Giant Fire Beetle, Augmented and Extended to last for 10 rounds. It has 6 HP and 16 AC (14 this round because of the charge) Oh, and forgot that it was using Smite Evil to add 1 to the damage of this attack if they are in fact Evil.

Charge Attack - (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage - (2d4+2)[8] + 1 if evil
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2010-02-17 at 03:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Crit confirm for bite - (1d20+5)[15]
    Extra damage - (2d4+2)[5]