New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1542
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    that's obviously not true

Isn't it giving headaches to others a good reason it's not appropriate?

You spelled "Because" wrong by the way
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Banned

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    ^: Pfft, I learned not to argue with you a looong time ago.
    It seems that you are speaking to me.
    Tread carefully, CA, because you are ALMOST trolling. Not quite, but it's close. You're basically saying:
    'Nope, can't hear you, you're shutting people down so I'm not gonna bother, can't HEAR YOU!'
    When I asked you how I was 'shutting people down', you said:
    'Nope, not gonna argue, it's a waste of my precious time, can't hear you!'
    If you can't argue, then go away and let the more sensible people do so.
    /\ dude u guyz r nubz!!!!!!!!!!!!!111! grammer nazis!
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-11-15 at 01:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Mmkay.
    ____

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    It seems that you are speaking to me.
    Tread carefully, CA, because you are ALMOST trolling. Not quite, but it's close. You're basically saying:
    'Nope, can't hear you, you're shutting people down so I'm not gonna bother, can't HEAR YOU!'
    When I asked you how I was 'shutting people down', you said:
    'Nope, not gonna argue, it's a waste of my precious time, can't hear you!'
    If you can't argue, then go away and let the more sensible people do so.
    /\ dude u guyz r nubz!!!!!!!!!!!!!111! grammer nazis!
    Um... Your kinda Flaming or something though arnt you?
    I dont understand the term 100% but i think this is an example... not sure though... ran out of coffee
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, wouldn't it be a waste of time saying something just so you can argue about it?
    ____

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Calm down, Fayte, Gremlin, and CA. If you want my opinion (and you don't but, hey), you're all arguing, and its starting to get a bit petty. Again (reminds me of the time I blew up the citadel, actually). Could we please just take a minute, and stop attacking the person, here?

Also, I kind of agree with KP here. I personally prefer a wikia (although I thought having one cost money? Who exactly is paying for it), I see no reason why those who like the wetpaint need move.

Also, my personal belief on 733t or however you use it, is that it is only to be used to mock those who use it for non-satirical reasons.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-11-15 at 01:37 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Wait, wouldn't it be a waste of time saying something just so you can argue about it?
    Hey! Discussions are fun, and if you want to make your opinion heard and understood the only way is to argue -unless you have power of course-

Besides, what else are we supposed to do with our time?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Um... Your kinda Flaming or something though arnt you?
    I dont understand the term 100% but i think this is an example... not sure though... ran out of coffee
    CA asks and he shall receive.
    Seriously, though, I agree with Squark. I my opinion, if we're going to argue, we should leave out insults and use actual ARGUMENTS. I have remained calm the entire time, though. I'm just annoyed that CA is having trouble making reasoned arguments against Wikia.
    Let me ask this: If MM is moving the wiki, then why complain? Pointless or not (and it's not), it's not hurting us.
    To keep using the house example, it's like complaining that an earthquake moved the house two inches over while the inhabitants were on vacation.
    And it is not pointless. Wikia looks better, and in fact actually looks like a real wiki. Meanwhile, Wetpaint looks bizarre, in my opinion. A lot of very professional companies use Wikia. The Star Wars people and Jagex, to name a few. Meanwhile, Wetpaint looks dull and has a stupid name.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

CA asks and he shall receive.
    Seriously, though, I agree with Squark. I my opinion, if we're going to argue, we should leave out insults and use actual ARGUMENTS. I have remained calm the entire time, though. I'm just annoyed that CA is having trouble making reasoned arguments against Wikia.
    Let me ask this: If MM is moving the wiki, then why complain? Pointless or not (and it's not), it's not hurting us.
    To keep using the house example, it's like complaining that an earthquake moved the house two inches over while the inhabitants were on vacation.
    And it is not pointless. Wikia looks better, and in fact actually looks like a real wiki. Meanwhile, Wetpaint looks bizarre, in my opinion. A lot of very professional companies use Wikia. The Star Wars people and Jagex, to name a few. Meanwhile, Wetpaint looks dull and has a stupid name.
    I agree with Gremlin on this, if you can't make a real argument against it then just say why you don't want it done instead of coming up with obscure reasons.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I agree with Gremlin on this, if you can't make a real argument against it then just say why you don't want it done instead of coming up with obscure reasons.
    Like 'I refuse to argue with you anymore'.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wookieepedia--if that's what you're talking about when you refer to "the Star Wars people"--is not the official Star Wars wiki, I'm pretty sure. And Jagex doesn't count because they make Runescape aaagghghfdsljsd--*Descends into incoherent rambling*

Anyway, I find Wetpaint easier to navigate, but I don't particularly care which wiki we use.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Troll in the Playground

I... never tried to argue.
    ____

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I... never tried to argue.
    That's the problem, you just said that Gremlin likes the idea so much that he shut people down for it which he took as an insult, it annoyed him further that instead of reasoning for any opinion all you did was to insult him.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Troll in the Playground

I insulted him? I'm not good with this stuff, could you help me find it?
    ____

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Here's my take on the metaphor:

Jim, Bob, Sally, John, Daniel, and James all live in the same building. Jim, though, Jim thinks that it would be better if they lived a couple blocks down the street because its near a park or whatever. So, he starts construction of a new building down those couple of blocks. Bob and Sally like the idea and agree with Jim, so they help him construct the building. John, Daniel and James, though, think the old building is working perfectly fine and don't want a new building.

Now, if Jim, Bob, and Sally are the ones building the building, I don't see how it really affects John, Daniel, and James. After all, its not as Jim wants to call a demolition crew on the old building. He just wants to construct a new one.

Why not let Jim, Bob, and Sally live in the new building and let John, Daneil, and James keep the old one?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I insulted him? I'm not good with this stuff, could you help me find it?
    You said:

Grem is so all about this idea he shuts down anyone to say otherwise. Nay, by the way. (charges mah lazer)
    Which Gremlin took as something like:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson-to-Gremlin translater View Post
    Gremlin is a stupid noob that won't let anyone have a word and I will neither give reasons for this nor for my opinions as he aint worth it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, I don't care what Mask does about the wiki thing anymore, if it's up and people feel like using it, use it.
    ____

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Here's my take on the metaphor:

Jim, Bob, Sally, John, Daniel, and James all live in the same building. Jim, though, Jim thinks that it would be better if they lived a couple blocks down the street because its near a park or whatever. So, he starts construction of a new building down those couple of blocks. Bob and Sally like the idea and agree with Jim, so they help him construct the building. John, Daniel and James, though, think the old building is working perfectly fine and don't want a new building.

Now, if Jim, Bob, and Sally are the ones building the building, I don't see how it really affects John, Daniel, and James. After all, its not as Jim wants to call a demolition crew on the old building. He just wants to construct a new one.

Why not let Jim, Bob, and Sally live in the new building and let John, Daneil, and James keep the old one?
    But here's the thing: all the pizza and renovations we order will be given to the new house instead of the old! It does harm the old house!

See, unless you guys are okay with writing the same articles for both wikis, then it's bad for the one of us who can't even USE the other wiki!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1519

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    But here's the thing: all the pizza and renovations we order will be given to the new house instead of the old! It does harm the old house!

See, unless you guys are okay with writing the same articles for both wikis, then it's bad for the one of us who can't even USE the other wiki!
    Ah, then that's fault of the people of the old house not ordering the pizza and renovations themselves. If they ordered them themselves, the pizza and renovations would go to the old house.

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

John, Daniel, and James can just order their own food

Seriously we could just copy the entries into the other wiki anyway, we don't need to write it twice.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Calm down, Fayte, Gremlin, and CA. If you want my opinion (and you don't but, hey), you're all arguing, and its starting to get a bit petty. Again (reminds me of the time I blew up the citadel, actually). Could we please just take a minute, and stop attacking the person, here?
    Well, we try to forget that 'incident'.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Ogre in the Playground

John, Daniel, and James can just order their own food

Seriously we could just copy the entries into the other wiki anyway, we don't need to write it twice.
    Ahhhh! but John Secretly Hates James and thus doesn't want to eat the same food as him.
    He is however in love with Sally and Sally likes the food James likes...

Also... this reference is starting to get a bit obscure
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Banned

You said:

Which Gremlin took as something like:
    It was more like:
    "Gremlin sucks at arguing and just ignores people's arguments and shuts people down."
    Which is completely untrue, and he gave no basis for this accusation.
    I say we leave both wikis up. If we wish to use it, you guys really can't stop us. It's the FAIL 'vs.' ALF argument all over again: The opposition refuses to allow both.
    AND WE STILL HAVE BARELY DISCUSSED THE FACT THAT WE NEED A NEW THREAD!
    Seriously, you guys are too wrapped up in this argument to pay attention to anything else.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-11-15 at 04:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Troll in the Playground

Couldn't you make it?
    ____

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Banned

Couldn't you make it?
    Look, I dislike making threads. Maybe because last time I did, Lying complained that he wanted to make it, and we wasted a lot of pages arguing over whether he really had a right to get dibs when he'd already made a thread. By that logic, all one would have to do is type fast and you'd be able to make every single thread.
    But that's off-topic. The point is, I don't want to make another thread.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riiiiight....looks like we go up to 100 pages at this rate, so....any complains if I just make a thread?
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-11-15 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Troll in the Playground

Go ahead.
    ____

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Riiiiight....looks like we go up to 100 pages at this rate, so....any complains if I just make a thread?
    Of course not!
    By the way, Wookiepedia is the official Star Wars wiki. They endorse it on their home site.

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Ah, then that's fault of the people of the old house not ordering the pizza and renovations themselves. If they ordered them themselves, the pizza and renovations would go to the old house.
    we don't know the number to order pizza as well as you guys!

Meaning that you guys write better. And have the time.

Either way, it's still harming us.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1530

we don't know the number to order pizza as well as you guys!

Meaning that you guys write better. And have the time.

Either way, it's still harming us.
    So? Jim, Bob, and Sally are under no obligation to order pizza for John, Daniel, and James.

John, Daniel, and James might no longer get pizza when Jim, Bob, and Sally move out, but really they can order pizza themselves. They shouldn't complain when they can't mooch off of Jim, Bob, and Sally anymore.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2009-11-15 at 06:09 PM.