New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Wild Wild West. IC

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    EDIT: And I've played Fallout... deathclaws were always faster than Yao Guai.
    But you see milks, that the RPG book doesent do justice to the deathclaw. The 14 or w/e SQ they have, is stupid. Since yes, we have played fallout, and they are FAR faster then that. You have a 20 SQ and a fair deal of action points. Point is you ARE faster then a deathclaw, which FEW humans would be.

Meening I have re-statted out the deathclaw, yes, I have.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMTibernius View Post
    But you see milks, that the RPG book doesent do justice to the deathclaw. The 14 or w/e SQ they have, is stupid. Since yes, we have played fallout, and they are FAR faster then that. You have a 20 SQ and a fair deal of action points. Point is you ARE faster then a deathclaw, which FEW humans would be.

Meening I have re-statted out the deathclaw, yes, I have.
    Few humans would be, yes. Which is kind of why I have to have 10 in two stats to do it (and in fact I'm actually just as fast as the Deathclaws, I just go first.)

Anyway, there's pretty much no chance I can actually do anything. Even the ones that are already hurt are probably going to survive a couple bullets, assuming that wasn't just fluff and all five of them are a full HP. I can run away from them, and they'd catch up in... let's see... 6 hexes on my turn, then 12 on their turn, 15 between us now, 10 each round for me after that... They'd catch up to me in 6 rounds if I sprinted away, and we'd be over 200 feet from wherever they are now. (Wow, I just realized running in this game is really very slow in general; 200 feet in a minute means that, as the fastest possible human on earth, can run a mile in a grand total of 25 minutes. >_<)

So yeah...

Tanner sees that his bullets are having practically no effect on the deathclaws, and rather than take a few potshots and kill one of them, decides it would be a better choice to run away as fast as possible and hope they decide to leave him alone. He rises up from the ground as quickly as possible, and then starts sprinting at the speed of a really slow person's walk on crutches away as fast as possible.

Woo, I'm now 21 meters away from the Yao Guai pack of death.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The Yao-Guai rush at you at the sound of gun fire, however once you get a few yards past the robot the yao-guai stop. The beasts entire pack stops about 2 meters from the robot, whatever experiances they have had of technology obviously is playing out in your favor. For now, the creatures stand at bay, unless provoked.

(Next is TEX's turn and then Jennese's)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So uh... I should keep shooting, yes? Erm actually I feel this situation calls for a fighting retreat." says Tex as he raises his left arm, the flamers ignition flame fwooshing on. Tex lets the flamer get its fwoosh on and bathes the ground between him and the yao-guai in flames as he rolls backwards slowly.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Tex sets the brush on fire. Causing a small wall of flames to flicker between you guys and the yao-guai. Two from the pack actually fully retreat, which is met with some angry roars. While the rest only stand back, obviously hungry to get at their prey.

(Is time for jennesen... )

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

OoC: Does it really matter whether I go before Jennessen at this point, since I'm just running and either way both of us go before the Yao-Guai?

Tanner continues (sort of) sprinting away, moving as fast as any human could. If he were fighting lesser beasts, he might run and shoot, but these things were fast and could survive two direct hits from his guns without slowing down; it wasn't like shooting molerats or dumbass raiders armed with pieces of scrap metal. He looks back, briefly, when he hears the TEX start talking.

Ok, they're kind of scared now, so get the hell out of there, now! I doubt they'll wait around for long; either the fire will burn out, or they'll get braver.

OoC: Burning 10 AP to run, run, run!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

OoC- Thats fine Milks.
    ( I am going to assume you are ALL retreating. Unless Talkative Pack-animal chooses a different action)

Out Of Initiative-

The fire burns away as you all begin your retreat. You have a good 90 feet between you and the beasts before they get back to chasing you. However that distance can't be closed in time for you all to make the edge of the forests, which seem to be a stopping point for all but one of the yao-guai. A single one continues to chase you for some time until a few rounds are fired in your direction, cutting into the animals leg, and giving you time to finish outrunning it.

In the distance you see a slender, but muscular african male with a soft leather trench coat and ten-gallon-hat. The man is holding a hunting rifle, reloading it after that shot was fired.

As you pull in closer you see a badge on his chest which reads, "Sherrif Marrion"

That was a close one, you should all be careful going that far near redding. What were you all doin out there anyways?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

Tanner eyes the sheriff up and down. He seemed like an expert marksman, and Tanner was respectful of his expert aim.

Thanks for the shot, though with only one of them left I think I could have taken it down. Still, saved us from a pretty bad situation for sure. We were out there because we heard Buck's daughter was last seen over there. Any particular reason you're out here?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya I heard the news. Poor girl. As for why im out here, I heard from miss smith, ya know, the mother to that markus brat. That a couple of foolish "new commers" were heading out to reddin. And well, lets just say it'd be more work to dig up your corpses then to just stop you from getting eatin alive to start with.

The sherrif seems unphased by the appearance of a military-grade war-machene in your party.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"Thanks Sheriff" she says with wink as she leans over, hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. "You know anything about where the kids are?" before thinking for a second. "Wait you saw that... I mean, you saw "Miss" Smith, did she look like she was hiding something? Namely her hand?" Jennessen sounded like she was having a hard time saying the word miss. "I noticed she was hiding it earlier, but didn't think anything of it."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherrif Mariam takes out a couple bottles of PURE water from his pack.

Drink up, just got these from some merchant before I got the call you were in trouble.

Ya, it was miss smith who tipped me off. She told me she dident want you guys to get hurt, and told me to check up on you guys, and bring you back.

She had her hand bandaged, but thats all I saw of it. Why, did she get a cut or something? *sigh* jennese, don't tell me you got in another fight with the women?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

Jennessen smiles a sly smile at the the Sheriff. "Marrion, you know just as well as I do, that if I got in a fight with that woman again she would have a lot worse than a cut hand. Just like last time." Taking a sip of the pure water Jennessen continues. "With all the Yao Gao back there, I don't think we will be able help ol' Buck's daughter. Guess we will have to leave that to the authorities. You know, I guess this means we will be looking for a little bit of work. Got any raiders that need handled?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah damn. Well you gave it your best. And I guess we will just have to hope some more capable men roll into town soon. I only hope they got to the abandon town, at least then they'ed have food and shelter.

No raiders around these parts that I can speak of. But you can ask around, or head out into the wastes and find yourselves some trouble.

I suggest you stop by bucks first. At least give him the heads up on the situation. Even if the kids are safe, it's best to assume the worst for now, not much we can do anyways.

14. - Top - End - #104

Tex spots a sheet of plywood on the ground. He picks it up and using the ignition torch on his flamer, he burns "Will kill for ammo" onto it, then holds it in front of him. "Would these raiders have proper ammunition for my CZ-53? I wish to resupply and start on Project #7. Or do I need some of these 'caps' you humans talk so much about? I believe I know where to find some of these caps you covet"
    Last edited by Goblinsplitter; 2009-10-15 at 10:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Tanner turns towards Tex, watching with interest as he burns the sheet of plywood.

Don't worry, TEX, we'll find you some ammo for your Cheesey whatever, but we need to stop by Buck's place first. Might as well break the bad news to him now, rather than later.

16. - Top - End - #106

"You mean that horrid place with all those dilapidated machines? I shall have to have a talk with him about that. Having just one operational would increase productivity immensely."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"Alright, to Bucks then."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

But then the haluccinations kick in. You believe to have heard a *ting* followed by what seemed to be a neon green arrow moving across a bar with numbers on it. (OoC- You guys get XPs for a failed/successeded quest/ tactical retreat from Yao-Guai)

( Tanner- 100xps
    Jennesen- 250xps
    Texes Prime- 250xps )

IC-

You all retun to bucks garage. Only to find the emotionally defeated man sitting at a work bench, crafting something, although it's hard to tell what. The tears seemed to have dried, but it's clear he is no more at ease then when you all left.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Tanner looks at the man. He wasn't any good at having sympathy for people, so his voice sounded as gruff as always. He didn't pause, or attempt to soften the blow of the words that followed.

We think we found where your kid was, but there were a bunch of Yao Guai hanging around. She may be alive, but there was blood at the scene and she's probably in one or more Yao Guai's stomachs right now.

20. - Top - End - #110

"In the future I would wish to assist you in repairing these poor metallic brethren of mine." Tex says addressing the now bawling mechanic. Addressing his traveling companions, Tex says "Well, now that that is done, shall I show you were we can find these "caps" you speak so highly of?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

Jennessen eyes Tanner hard for his indifferent attitude towards the mans plight. "Buck, we've done all we can for now, we can't go their with the Yao Gao there. We were nearly killed. I'm sorry, I wish there was more we could do."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The man continues working at his bench. An obvious change in his face and breathing when you mentioned a job not-so-well done. However, he continues diligently working on whatever it is he is constructing, not bothering to respond for a moment.

It's fine. Just.... I want to be alone for now.

23. - Top - End - #113

"Alright, so if you meat bags will follow me, I know where we can find some caps and other items of potential interest. Oh, I apologize. I forgot "meat bag" is impolite. What was your name again female?" Tex says as he rolls out of Buck's garage.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"Jennessen"
    She says, following the talking toaster out of the garage. "What do you have in mind?

25. - Top - End - #115

"My data banks hold the location of a Rob-Co facility not too far from here. It should be relatively un-molested. If we hurry we can get there before night fall."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"Sounds good Tex, I trust your judgement... er... AI... or... whatever you call it."

27. - Top - End - #117

"AI is the correct term, Jennessen." Tex says, kind of stumbling over "Jennessen". "My central processing unit can perform 27 teraflops worth of calculations per second. So, what is with these "caps''? Why do you humans seem to revolve your life around them?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

(Sorry, would have posted sooner, but I was waiting to see if you guys were going to agree with the robot. But then you guys pretty much told me to just assume you are going to agree with the robot... SO... ya.)

You head off into the wastes, the sun about midway through the sky. It's about 2PM by the time you make any real progress, the sun beating down on you with no meens to shade yourselves. You all journy relitivly uninterupted for a few more hours, the sun falling lower, a twilight sky over head.

( Perception rolls/ Sneaky rolls/ List your luck scores)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Don't we roll against luck, not list our scores? Ah well.

Perception roll: Need to beat 10 - any modifiers. (1d10)[2](2)
    Sneak: (1d100)[87](87) Need to beat 35.
    Luck: 3.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-10-17 at 01:27 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Let's see here.

Perception: (1d10)[8] Goal 5
    Sneak: (1d100)[55] Goal 29
    Luck: (1d100)[24] Goal 7 Doh, mean to roll 1d10 not 1d100
    Last edited by Talking Donkey; 2009-10-17 at 06:41 AM.