New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Banolion Chronicles(Order of the Trident Moon)

"Are we all flight-capable, or will we be required to enter via the stairs?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Samael hung his head. "I, unfortunately, cannot fly, so if the rest of us are able, I'm afraid I will be the limiting factor of all this."

Current Contest Entries:

Prestige Class Contest: In the Shadows -The Ghost Wyrm

Base Class Contest: Altar of Naught - The Nihilist

Monster Competition: Beings of Legend - The Omni Template

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

"We will need to most likely need to use the stairs, unless we have enough pitons to scale the mound. The best I can do is try and shatter our way there."

4. - Top - End - #154

Zombie

I can shuttle us to and fro, as long as no one weighs too much

5. - Top - End - #155

"If there are stairs, though, we should use those maybe?" Samael puzzled to himself. "We should be able to walk right up to the entrance just fine, unless we want to swim down into the water coming out?"

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156

"We should probably just use the stairs. I dont think that shuttling people is a good idea if there are any more challenges like this one we just had. Unless we have enough fliers to get us all in one time, I say we go stairway! Onward!" Johan starts marching slowly towards the stairs (re: normal entrance), obviously knowing that moving too far away from the group would be a bad idea.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BSPiotr View Post
    "We should probably just use the stairs. I dont think that shuttling people is a good idea if there are any more challenges like this one we just had. Unless we have enough fliers to get us all in one time, I say we go stairway! Onward!" Johan starts marching slowly towards the stairs (re: normal entrance), obviously knowing that moving too far away from the group would be a bad idea.

"Wait, Johan! We should proceed with caution. There still exits a decent chance that there are remaining traps down there.

At the entrance, Mal will investigate to insure the safety of the party.

Search! - OOC: Actually, I'll just take 10 for 27.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mal peers down the depths of the tunnel in front of him. There are no torches in the tunnel as it is very very wet, At the end of the tunnel very far in, Mal could see a glimmer of light. An ominous low rumbling shakes the ground slightly.
    Benedictus, Venit in Nomine, in Nomine, Domini, Hossanna in Excelsis........

9. - Top - End - #159

"Kind of dark, allow me to show off a little." Turning down the dark hallway, Samael focused for a moment, and a floating glowing circle formed around him, slowly taking form into a ring blade, with large, pointed serrations pointing inward. He gestured slightly, and the ring broke into individual sections, forming behind him into a wide, psionic mouth of shark teeth.

"My mindblade will give us at least some light." (OOC: A torch worth, i believe) "Allow me to lead the way, if no one minds."

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyooz View Post
    "My mindblade will give us at least some light." (OOC: A torch worth, i believe) "Allow me to lead the way, if no one minds."
    "Interesting! Thank you for the light, but the early years of my tutelage gave me some extraordinary benefits: I can see almost perfectly even without ambient light, much like the lizardfolk who may inhabit these regions."

"Still, there is a faint glow down there. I could take point and try to investigate, but odds are whomever may be down there would catch on, sadly. If anyone else can hide, I would appreciate the company, otherwise, we should proceed together."

Spot, since you mentioned there being light. OOC: I have Darkvision 60ft and low-light vision due to being Draconic - (1d20+10)[14](24)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

11. - Top - End - #161

"Very well, I will take up near the rear with a second light source"

/Daylight
    (60 ft daylight + 60ft dim)

((Yay at will))

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Onward then?" Mal will begin to descend the staircase.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

SamuraiGuy

Even with above human vision abilities, the distance is too far to really see much more. The rumbling persists, maybe its getting louder? your not really too sure.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey you. You need protection from friendly fire."

I'll cast Endure Exposure until it doesn't fail, then apply it to Hyooz's new character.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Averagedog View Post
    Even with above human vision abilities, the distance is too far to really see much more. The rumbling persists, maybe its getting louder? your not really too sure.
    Mal will continue down the tunnel, then, trying to take cover to obscure his presence.

Hide - (1d20+10)[20]
    Move Silently - (1d20+2)[4]

If needed
    Spot - (1d20+10)[11]
    Listen - (1d20-3)[1]

OOC: Note to self: take ten in the future.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2009-11-04 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gerbin puts his crossbow away and pulls out his shield and everburning torch.
    "ooo, its dark down here, is that moss over there?"
    Gerbin is following along, but he is also randomly taking samples of various cave ecology. He is off in his own little world yet again, he occasionally mutters phrases under his breath along the lines of "hmm, that may explode when mixed with..." and "I don't recall finding this in blueberry flavor before"

17. - Top - End - #167

SamuraiGuy

Mal gets about halfway down the tunnel after about a minute of sneaking when suddenly the rumbling gets much much louder. Suddenly the rumbling becomes a roar and the water level suddenly increases. At the end of the tunnel still al ittle ways off, you can see a huge torrent of water entering the tunnel water level rising to cover the entire thing to the top. You suddenly notice a small alcove to your left a bloated dwarf corpse wedged inside of it. You think there is enough room for you to fit as well.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OOC: I'm assuming the water is coming from above my current position but from below the rest of the party's.

"Sorry, pal, but only one of us is going to get out here still breathing," Mal says as he jumps into the alcove where the dead dwarf was once. "Hopefully, that water isn't coming from a river or an uncontrolled decanter."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

SamuraiGuy

Mal squeezes into the small alcove just as a blast of water shoots past him and continues down the tunnel. The water pressure is so high that the water is not even filling up the alcove he is in.

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the tunnel, the players there hear and most likely see a huge torrent of water coming for them. Unless if they could fly more than 10 feet straight up(with one standard action which everyone will have to react with), everyone on the platform will be struck by the water and washed down the stairs in a heap.

Fortitude save DC 15 for half damage.
    Last edited by Averagedog; 2009-11-04 at 11:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Samael slides suddenly to one side, 15ft up the dungeon wall as the water rushes headlong at him.

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

I breathe a cone of ice at the water.
    Last edited by Glimbur; 2009-11-04 at 11:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gerbin, unfortunately is still off in his little world, fairly unaware of his impending doom. When he does finally notice the wave of water he is thinking about oddly flavored reagents, as he notices the water, all he can think to do is flavor the water. Gerbin casts prestidigitation and does his best to make the water coming towards him taste like blueberry.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Marcius "Moses"es the water with a steak knife.

24. - Top - End - #174

SamuraiGuy

Johan goes with his crazy plan and succeeds!!!!!! official DM endorsement.

25. - Top - End - #175

"Make Whole!"
    Johan casts this on the ice flow as it hits Stompy's sword, trying to stop it from cracking and breaking and making an "ice shield" to hopefully deflect the water.

"make whole completely repairs an object made of any substance, even one with multiple breaks, to be as strong as new"
    50 cubic feet (~ 5 squares)

26. - Top - End - #176

SamuraiGuy

The water flows around and over the ice shield. The shield does not break. The inhabitants of the shieldgloo hears a thump as a grotesque body of a dwarf smacks into and explodes onto the ice like a bug on a windshield then is washed away. After several minutes, the water subsides. It doesn't take much for the party to breakout to freedom.

Stompy notices that the steak knife seems to feel more natural in his hands.

Mal is safe and fine. The water slowed down to the trickle. There are no sounds of guards and the lights are still visible ahead.

edit:

XP gained: 500
    Last edited by Averagedog; 2009-11-04 at 11:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"See team? We just need to chill out and we can solve any problem. Let's go find our missing member."

28. - Top - End - #178

Samael slid back down and moved quickly down the hallway (OOC: move speed of 55ft right now, btw) looking for Mal. "I'll go on ahead."

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I always seem to forgot about those pressure plates." Mal pauses briefly to compose himself, removing stray bites of mud and dorf grim from his clothing before calling back to the rest of the party. "The coast seems to be clear further down. I suspect most traps would have already been set off by the rush of water."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

"Alright, lets go."
    Johan makes up the back of the group with his daylight spell as the group goes forward into the cave tunnel.