New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Age of Legends IC

To the UMS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, we will not be joining in your operation. At the moment, our resources are taxed with various projects. You are welcome to continue your operations, however your ships are cautioned to refrain from entering our territorial waters without our consent.

-Dalvin Montrose

To the Various Nobles of Britains:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard that the Lizardmen have landed on your Isles. Unfortunately, our own security prevents us from offering any forces to help drive back these invaders. However, we will be willing to produce the arms needed to drive back these foul folk to their Isle. Our craftsmen are some of the best in the known world. If you feel that such an arrangement would be as helpful as I believe it would, please inform us.

-Dalvin Montrose

To the Elven Claimant to the Throne
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Majesty, we have heard of your ascension to the Crystal Throne. We welcome the remergence of the Elves as a unified force, as such can only create a more stable world, and one which trade is more profitable. We of the Association are traders by nature, and as such, seek to establish a relationship between us in furtherance of that goal. Hopefully you will be able to give us an affirmative response.

-Dalvin Montrose

To the Erulian Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emperor, we have heard of the trials undergone by your people, with a ravening horde of Gnolls at your doorsteps. Know that our people's wishes and hopes go out to your people. We come to you on another front, however. We wish to open trade relations with your people. Such can only help your nations prosperity. We hope for an answer in the affirmative.

-Dalvin Montrose

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Association:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be happy to open trade with you. What resources do you need? We need ships above all else, most were destroyed in the civil war. We have lots of food to spare, and our wines and cheese are among the best in the land.
    D, because Dorkland didn't fit.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Med to UMS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharra and the Various island nation agree, as does the heocracy, The dragons and Persia pretty much ignore the Med.

Erie
    Spoiler
    Show
    you know Cornwall's the only nation that has a war on it at the moment in Brittan? also, Britany is a peninsula off France.

You win the loyalty of a few local nobles, but your declared intention to conquer al Brittan inflames a few tempers...

Dragons ot Erie
    Spoiler
    Show
    They would like to know exactely what you want to start with

Brittan ot Association
    Spoiler
    Show

The Welsh Magnates and crown ,along with most of the minor feudal lords in the South-east, eagerly accept your offer. to a lesser extent to does everyone else.

Last edited by puppyavenger; 2009-12-01 at 04:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

puppy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woops, I made a few writing errors. First off, I meant England instead of Brittany. Second, I didn't mean that I was gong to conquer the rest of England, just Cornwall. (For now). I meant to tell them that I needed to liberate Cornwall, need help, so on so on.

England, Besides Cornwall
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, we didn't mean that we were invading the rest of England, just Cornwall. We would very much appreciate your aid in defeating the claimants in Cornwall. Also, we would like to propose a mutual alliance/right of free passage agreement.

To the Solar Protectorate and Golden Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I am First Officer Jemenah of Kud-Eire. I'm sorry that we could not send someone of higher standing, as they are all otherwise engaged. We would like to propose a mutual trade agreement, and perhaps a military alliance. The economic superpowers across the sea are no doubt threatening. As well as that, we have felt tremors in the proverbial ground. A new enemy is emerging in the land, one that I fear threatens us all. Surely you have heard of our fight with the tyrants of Cornwall. If you would help us, we would gladly return the favour if need be.

To the Dragons
    Spoiler
    Show
    To put it shortly, we need your help. If you would be willing to help us out by having some of you fight alongside us, we would help you out in any sort of military struggle that came to you. Also, treasures, food, raw materials, whatever you wish, we can give you. Also, we have a feeling that some new threat may be emerging in the land, and that if you help us, we will in turn assist you.

There we go, put the other two into this one.
    Last edited by CrazedBanana; 2009-12-01 at 07:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Hopes, without coin, sword, or magic to back them up, are worthless.

But we do accept the opening of trade relations with you. We thank you for this.

Regards,
    Emperor Ivar I of the Erulian Empire.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Letter to the Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Whom it may Concern,
    Salutations. On behalf of the newly united Empire, we would like to extend an agreement allowing free trade between our nations. Hopefully you will agree.
    -Umbino Umbo, Chief Treasurer of the White City.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

The Golden Empire of the People

Kud-Eire/CrazedBanana
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are happy to welcome new friends, and trade partners. Consider your merchants welcome in our lands, and expect our own to visit your ports soon enough.

Regarding your struggles in Britain, we are willing to aid you. It has been a long while since our army has seen war, and the experience would be appreciated. We can spare a few of our professional regiments to bolster your ranks. They would be under your command, but we ask that their commander be allowed to be present in any war councils or planning regarding the British war, so that she may better learn about the arts of war. We demand no payment except that you would be responsible for supplying the soldiers with food and board while they serve in your army, and that they recieve equal share of loot as your other troops. Also, we reserve the right to recall them immediately if they are needed at home.

Is this acceptable to Kud-Eire, First Officer?

Dragons of Iberia/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    An emissary is sent with a handsome gift to the Iberian dragons. His mission is to assess their relations with the Moroccan exile, and if they would aid him in a war. The Empire asks this because it feels threatened that the dragon would try to press the Moroccan people's(the ones displaced in the lionfolk conquests) claims to the surrounding Imperial lands.

United Mageocratic City-States/Yukitsu
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pirates worry us as well, and the Empire has launched inquiries to make sure none of these pirates are nesting within our borders. We will cooperate with you however we can in eliminating the pirate scum.

On a related note, we do not currently seem to have a trade agreement, may we tempt you with one?

Also, we would like to send a few of our apprentice magicians to study in your academies. The Empire would be most grateful for this.

The Guild/Sayn and Sardinia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The attacks on Sardinia leave us worried both for our new friends and ourselves. We would like to offer to help you patrol around the island and allow any of our ships performing anti-piracy patrols in that area to use Sardinian docks for repair and resupply. Rest assured that the Empire is mounting a full inquiry to make sure none of these scum are nesting within our borders.

Grand Universal Theocracy/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings.
    As the only other neighbour of the Solar Protectorate, we would like to propose a limited defense treaty. If the Solar Protectorate seeks to expand their borders into either of our lands in a moment of percieved weakness, the other will help by invading from the other side. Neither of us wants to see our neighbour grow too strong and the Protectorate will collapse easily enough in a two-front war, and would have to cease their belligerence.

Of course, we hope that this will never come to pass, we like our borders the way they are and we hope the Druids do, too.

GM/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some of the new gold is used to build new ships for the Imperial fleet, especially fast ships for anti-piracy activities.

The Imperial law enforcement is ordered to investigate any suspicions of piracy within the Empire to make sure none of them have their lairs within the Empire. This also goes for the internal spy network.

Furkesh changes his plans a bit. When he arrives in Sudan, he orders the forces by the Protectorate border to gather in Port Sudan(the Sudanese 'capital') and a message sent out to the surrounding Imperial lands(that is, Sudan and Eastern Sahara), calling for healthy young lionmen and -women to fulfill their duty to their People, get ready for war and assemble in Port Sudan. He will leave the logistics and other preparations to Sudanese officers and set off towards the nearest Ogre tributary, instead of the Ogre country itself. A messenger is sent to Tunis to order the mercenary company to assemble in Port Sudan(I suppose that might take a while, but we'll see) and inform the Emperor that the Ogres have been threatening the Empire and have to be put in their place.
    ((Of course, I may be detailing this way too soon. I'm not sure yet how long a turn is IG...))

EDIT: Also, a crude system of communication is built around the magical messages, mostly basic messages like "We are being invaded," "Assemble your troops," and things like that.
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2009-12-03 at 03:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you sure of this milord? It may undo all the hard work of yours in establishing better relations with our neighbors."

"I am aware of the risks but I believe we must do this. The Blackhood Horde could push through Tane and I can't risk Kyria if Tane falls. Had they responded to our request my hand would not have been forced. Send a Dragon Knight with this message."

To The Blackhood Horde
    Spoiler
    Show

Great One-Eye,
    Battle between your Horde and the Tanish Empire seems imminent. So I propose an alliance between us. I will send a Group of Dragon Knights to fight on your side and on our side we will send regular incursions into Tane as a harrying force, In exchange we ask only that Kyria be spared from your Horde and that our Mages can study your peoples legends. Does this sound agreeable?

Sincerely Mikael Krizane.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

to Kud-Eire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can send several Druids and Silverhelm trainers to help train your men.

UMCS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, as long as you allow us to send Duashari guides with you. It will make your trip safer and let us assure your promises
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

The Blackblood Horde/Falconer
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the ships begin to arrive at the Black Sea shores and empty their cargo of hordes of cattle, goat and sheep, one ship arrives bearing several ballistae and a small catapult along with several lionfolk who turn out to be engineers, presided over by a middle-aged lionman who seems to be in charge of the operation. He bears a message, and is authorized to negotiate on the Empire's behalf:

Greetings to our new friends. We hope you will find the payment to your liking.

The Emperor would like to offer a general trade agreement between our peoples. Related to this, the Empire would like to build an outpost with a small port and piers* on your shores, to facilitate recruitment, the movement of troops and other items between our lands and, if accepted, trade.

~With Care, Princess Shari

*((The dock is only if you don't have those. I'm not sure of the kind of infrastructure you have. If you have docks, the request is to build an enclave by an existing port.))

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

England to Erie
    Spoiler
    Show
    your messengers are pretty much laughed out of the courts of England

Dragons to Erie
    Spoiler
    Show
    They want a moderate payment in treasure and a binding alliance with them.

Dragons to Golden Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    They'd be willing to aid in a defensive war against the Exile in exchange for a guarantee that he will not be killed and will be turned over to their authority, as well as a cessation of the Southern Pillar of Hercules and land around it.

They'd be willing to engage in a slightly more preemptive war, with a suitable justification of course, in exchange for Morocco's Mediterranean coast along with the above.

GUC to Golden Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    they're willing to accept this

werewhale
    Spoiler
    Show
    it will be set up in a turn
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2009-12-03 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Elven Empire/Dark Robes of D
    Spoiler
    Show
    A royal cousin is sent to the Elven lands, bearing a royal gift for the new master of the Crystal Throne. It is an intricately ornate and curved sword, decorated with gold, silver and precious stones, partnered with a sheath equally exquisite. While razor-sharp, the scimitar is obviously made to look good rather than perform in actual battle.

The Golden Emperor Orgo, Lord of the Sands and Protector of the People recognizes the new ruler of the Elves and extends a hand of friendship with this gift and offers a general trade agreement between our peoples.

Iberian Dragons/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    What about staying out of the conflict entirely? Are there any scenarios were the dragons of Iberia would join the Exile against the Empire? The latter is the main concern of the Empire.

GM/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming GUC=Grand Universal Theocracy?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragons
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're fighting a defensive war, as long as the exile isn't harmed they'll stay neutral.

If your the aggressor, they want an extremely good justification, and tainger.

Werewhale
    Spoiler
    Show
    ayup
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Iberian Dragons/puppyavenger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well. Terms accepted. If it comes to war, we will call for your aid if we need it, with the agreed territorial concessions.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

To the Golden Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will gladly accept your conditions. When shall we start ferrying them over? We have numerous ships at our disposal. We will rally at Nov-Eire, our base at the tip of the Cornish peninsula.

To the Solar Protectorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds good. We have many ships prepared to ferry your troops over, if your own fleet is otherwise engaged. We will rally at Nov-Eire, our current main base in Cornwall, which is located at the tip of the Cornish peninsula.

Dragons
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will be happy to offer you a binding alliance, and a payment of treasure will be no problem whatsoever. Send as many as you deem appropriate. We will rally at our current foothold, Nov-Eire, at the tip of the Cornish peninsula.(Also, its Eire, not Erie, but I don't raeally care that much=^D)

Puppy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it okay if I have a captured town, with fortifications on the tip of Cornwall? As a base of operations, with added on hovels built by and for my troops, with smaller entrenchments and wooden pallisades around and whatnot? Kind of like a makeshift fort. Also, I'd like to start ferrying stone across to Nov-Eire (the name of this proposed town/fort) to start work on proper walls and keeps and whatnot.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Letter to the Golden Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    To whomever it may concern,
    Salutations. It is my pleasure to accept your offer on behalf of the Empire.
    -Umbino Umbo, Chief Treasurer of the Elven Empire.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Kud-Eire/Crazedbanana
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may ferry them as soon as you can. Our troops will be ready.

((In game terms the force is equivalent to one + point in military.))

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

United Mageocratic City States

Golden Empire

Spoiler
    Show
    More trade and more ships would certainly be in our interest. We are a small nation, and so we may not have much of what you cannot already acquire, but we shall do our best.

As well, we are certainly willing to lend you our academies, but we have a request in return. May you send us a man wise in the ways of metalurgy, such that we may learn the workings of steel and iron? We have recieved a payment in iron bars, and our own land has an abundance of the ore, but we know not how to work this into plows and arms.

We wish you luck in finding these pirates, even as we attempt to stop them ourselves.

Solar Protectorate

Spoiler
    Show
    We agree to those terms, and appreciate the added security. It is always best to explose a land with those who inhabit it, as it is they that best know the way of the place.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2009-12-04 at 04:19 PM.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Guild

UMS
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are taking precautions over here as well, but we don't feel the need to do joint defending right now. A sharing of information on known pirate locations, hideouts and so forth would be acceptable, however.

The Elven Empire, Dark Robes of D
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I hope that is the name of your nation, by the way.

Trade is always welcome. May we construct a larger Guild House in your capital? It would both help our organization there, and serve as an embassy.

The Golden Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    While we do appreciate the offer, we do not feel the need to rely so much on foreign power to secure our islands. We will, however, begin sniffing out these pirates and send information on their hideouts to all whom it may concern.

@puppy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, two investigations will be done. First, Inferno is to find out who had the guts to assassinate some of our leaders. Second, I want to know where these pirates are. Preferably some of the larger groups. I want to talk to them. I have an offer to make. This is kept very secret, of course. I don't want any 'misunderstandings'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

The Guild/Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fully understandable. We wish you the best of luck, and look forward to future cooperation in ending the pirate activity.

United Magocratic City-States
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am sure that a nation as adept with magic as yours will find a market within our lands for any magical trinkets and alchemical items. Our merchants should be able to find common ground by themselves.

It is only fair to share some of our metallurgy if you are sharing some of your wizardry. We'll convince a few smelters, along with a couple of blacksmiths and swordsmiths, to visit your islands along with the students of the Art we send.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Blackblood Horde

The Golden Empire

Spoiler
    Show

We accept your trade agreement. Our warriors need all the food they can get.

We have very few docks, or any manner of structure that nations such as your own enjoy. You are permitted to build a dock for trading purposes. Anything more must gain the approval of the Great One-Eye or one of his officers.

-Greyblood
    Herald of the Great One-Eye

P.S. The Gnollish idea of an economy is "if it moves, kill it and eat it" That should give you an idea as to their infastructure.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may construct a larger guild house.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

The Blackblood Horde
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, work will begin at once. The buildings in question will be a couple of piers, along with a few houses that will serve as lodgings for any lionmen living here(our engineers, for example, and an Imperial representative who will handle relations), and the possibility of a trading post and warehouse. Military presence will be minimal, and limited to just a few mandatory guards for the ambassador and any lionfolk merchant bold enough to set up shop here may bring a few private bodyguards, although he might be better served to employ some gnolls. We will set the limit of lionmen soldiers in the area at a maximum of one hundred total of both private and Imperial-employed soldiers, and further increases must be permitted by your leadership.

Do you have any objections to any of this?

Also, we suspect that you gnolls do not appreciate the value of shiny things as well as we do, so you may spread the word, if you will, among your people, that the lionfolk have a liking for things such as gold, jewelry and silks, and may be persuaded to exchange them for food and animals.

~Jafr,
    Leader of the Gnollish Engineering Expedition.