New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow Prison

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Snow Prison

Ragman didn't fall yet. He missed the healing he got the turn before.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ashley looks down with momentary surprise at the hand on her shoulder, before she remembers her earlier request. Her arm aches a little bit less, but she failed to channel the energy of the spell as she had intended.

"Uh, that wasn't supposed to happen."

She pushes past Aias to where Faernacha is still fighting the remnants of the elemental swarm. As it leaps again she strikes, cutting them out from under it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashley uses Sapphire Nightmare Blade against the closest part of the swarm.

Concentration check: (1d20+13)[14] vs. AC+4

To hit: (1d20+9)[14] vs. flat-footed AC+4 (from cover provided by Faernacha)
    Or vs. normal AC+6, if the concentration check still failed

To wound: (3d6+7)[23] + (1d6)[1] (SNB)/2
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-11-28 at 01:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashley burns an action point to add 1d6 to her Concentration check:

(1d6)[4]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

With great focus, Ashley manages to catch an entire swarm off guard, and the attack deals the final blow, causing the swarm to break up entirely and vanish through the walls and ground.

600 exp to all.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Luna breathes a sigh of relief as the last of the swarms scatter. Her companions are bruised and bleeding; it was time for her to go to work again.
    "Well done, everyone. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I can help now, though. Who needs their wounds mended?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Luna can't use her Lifebond Vestments on Ashley, Allistar, or Faith at the moment, but she does have more healing spells should they need it. If you could please post how much damage you suffered in the OoC thread, I'd appreciate it. Aside from Ashley, Allistar, or Faith, Luna can heal anyone up to 14 hp without needing to roll anything.

6. - Top - End - #216

"I'm no healer, but I think I'm fine. A bit battered, and possessing a deep loathing of this place, but fine."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

Faernacha
    Faernacha growls, and begins reviewing himself. There were a lot of dents in places, lots of little things bent a bit out of shape. It wouldn't hinder him, but it was the sort of systemic damage that simply made him more vulnerable to further damage.

"I estimate that I stand just under 50% peak condition, but without any singular major injuries that will impede me. As it is, I am likely in tolerable condition and as healing is not as effective with my construction, I recommend saving your spells for others."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Faith

Don’t worry about me Luna, I can take care of my own healing. Anyone who is in need of healing, I am happy to lend my aid.

Spoiler
    Show

[ooc]
    Standard action to cast CLW, full round action to heal more than myself. Depending on the response. Anyone who asks gets 11 hp back (see ooc thread).

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Luna tentatively tries using her Lifebond Vestments on the Ragman, and they apparently work at full effectiveness. The Ragman, despite his strange nature, harbored very real pain, and Luna felt it as she took some of it into herself.
    "Faernacha, if you're anything like the Ragman here, I should be able to help you. Not all of my healing ability is based off of positive energy. I'll gladly help you."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Faernacha
    As Faernacha feels his wounds removed - which is really what it is, the actual damage being undone, rather than simply repaired as normal magic might - he studies Luna. "That was very well done. How are you able to accomplish this?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

As he rises, the Ragman coughs violently - strange, for an apparently non-living creature, but perhaps there was more to his nature than met the eye. The shadows are subdued, now, barely moving at all, as if asleep. The constant sounds emanating from him have likewise stopped, as he walks over to the door and leans against a wall with one hand.

"By transferring the wounds to herself - all the more reason to avoid any further injury. My apologies, Luna. I did not mean to cause any harm to you."

Staring wearily at the door, he shakes his head a little. There is only so much life-threatening combat one can take. "I suppose we should prepare ourselves for the next obligatory trap, than?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #222

"We have no choice. If our enemies can move and see through solid rock, distance is our only defense."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Faith

After healing herself and anyone else who needs it, faith takes up a defensive position near Luna. Since Luna is a non-combatant, faith feels honor bound to protect her as best she can.

I agree, the quicker we get out of this dreadful place, the better we will be off, and the sooner we can accomplish our goal.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Faernacha
    Faernacha stares at Luna. Part of it is wonder - he's not unaware of the impressive sacrifice Luna makes on a regular basis, and he is grateful - but part of it is also... suspicion, of a sort. Not that he actually suspects her of being anything but completely honest with them, but simply because he is uncomfortable with such an act - as he said, self-preservation is ingrained in all creatures, and such an act strikes him as simply unfathomable. "I am grateful, but you confuse me mightily, dear."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you Luna for the healing I am okay but is everyone okay." Xanamros goes back into the hunter stance and gains the scent ability.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Is everything alright?" You hear Surge's voice.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I am but is everyone okay. We were attacked by the earth itself but it looks like no one has any fatal injuries."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"The.. Earth itself? What do you mean? Can you give more details?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Picking up the raven in one hand, the now somewhat patched up Ragman speaks to it, occasionally stopping to catch his breath - again, nothing of the sort should be necessary for a being of cloth. Perhaps it was some odd detail in its construction, or simply an acquired habit.

"I'm afraid it is quite literal. Whatever claimed these tunnels does not wish to let us pass. Not unless we bypass its traps, fight a handful of guardians, never stray from the path set for us, take nothing, and so forth - I assume all this serves no purpose except to amuse it. First, a message upon our entry was tampered with. Second, skeletons reached out of the walls to attack us, as the platform transporting us collapsed. Most recently, flying groups of living earth and stones attacked us. Thus far, we have survived. I will attempt to keep you up to date."
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

The raven blinks and speaks with Surge's voice again "Thank you. I will try to find information about your situation. If you need anything, we can try to send you supplies, so just ask and we will attempt to help you with the passage"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"Supplies?" The Ragman asks, barely believing his own ears, or lack thereof. "Correct me if I am wrong, but we are, to my knowledge, in a rather secluded cave where the main mode of transport has crumbled, and most of the mountain appears to be attempting to kill or maim us. How, pray tell, do you plan to send supplies to our current location?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, there are lines marked on the walls around you. They were placed for 2 reasons. To help people find their way to the other end, and to pass items along those lines. It happens pretty fast, as long as the item isn't magical, or alive.. It is quite fascinating really, but we never managed to understand how it was made.."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

As Luna finishes making her rounds, her head is light and her limbs weak. She coughs, and she can taste blood in it. However, with the power of her healing soulmeld all but tapped for the next hour or so, she transfers her own energy back into her boots. She then channels positive energy into her own body, dispelling most of the pain and returning her to normal. She was tired, though.
    "The Ragman has the right of it," she says, turning to Faernacha, "But you needn't thank me. The souls of healers past, present, and future are the ones that do all the work. I am merely a vessel for them.
    I suppose we should press forward. There's no use in lingering here."

24. - Top - End - #234

Ashley jumps at the unexpected voice before she regains her composure.

"Ragman, can you ask Surge about these doors? Does he know if they were marked like this before the pass was abandoned?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xanamros opens the door. Do I smell anything?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"Those marks are older then most smugglers that passed here, that is for sure" Surge answers.

Xanamros opens the door and you see a brightly lit room. It looks quite comfortable, with furniture, a fireplace and decorations. In the middle of a room stands a suite of full plate, colored dark pink and yellow. It's chest rises up and down, as if it breaths, although there doesn't seem to be a need for that. But you are starting to get used to that, as you just started traveling with two warforged beings that do stuff with no apparent reason. In its helmet, where you should normally see eyes, instead there are two golden spheres. "Are you my master?" the armor asks in a hollow voice.

DC15 K.Arcana
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spheres are beads from a necklace of fireballs. Good to know huh?
    Last edited by Sliver; 2009-11-29 at 12:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

The Ragman sighs slightly as Xanamros opens the doors before he can even receive an answer. When the suit of armour speaks, he motions for the rest of the group to stay back, and steps toward it, still carefully keeping his distance. If nothing else, he did not wish to offend it.

"I'm afraid not... but please, leave us be, if you can. We did not mean to disturb you, only to leave these tunnels. I would be grateful if you would see it fit to allow us through... though I wish to ask one thing, if you will allow it. I do hope that the question does not offend you - I ask merely out of curiosity - but who are you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    IC is down. Using the site roller for a diplomacy check, and expecting horrible failure.

(1d20+0)[12]

Edit: Called it. Maybe that could be an Aid Another roll for someone more competent?
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2009-11-29 at 12:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

"I.. Welcome guests.." The armor slowly speaks. "If not master.. Show invitation.." The golden spheres at it's eyes glow stronger for a moment.

29. - Top - End - #239

Ashley runs towards Xanamros, but doesn't reach him before he opens the door.

"Can you just stop doing- oh." She stops when she sees the suit of armour, and glances warily at Xanamros again.

"Please, we are friends. I am sure your master would not want you to injure yourself needlessly."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge check: (1d20+12)[24]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[16]

Sorry, just wanted to see what I rolled for the knowledge check before I finished.
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-11-29 at 12:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

"You are.. a doorkeeper. I see. A guard? I am a guard of sorts myself... but unfortunately, I lack an invitation. A written one, at any rate. There is a creature in this mountains - your master, perhaps, I cannot say for sure - who trapped us here, after our entry. In a manner of speaking, we were invited in. Or rather, we were told we may proceed, so long as we overcome certain challenges, follow the correct path, and take nothing. Thus far, we have done as instructed."

The shadows have vanished completely now, save for the mask, as he attempts to appear as harmless as possible. He was a traveler, trapped here with the others against his will. Nothing more. In a manner of speaking, this was true.

"Does this sound familiar to you, guardian? We cannot return the way we came, and have no choice but to proceed - I realize this must seem like an intrusion, but we truly are taking the only route we can."
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2009-11-29 at 12:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman