New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Dancing Fox Inn 60: Now with more Arabics

((Banner by Celtois))

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. (Except for anyone whose name begins with an L.)

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
    White Text is back! Mocking your memes!
    If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants
    Comment on the previous thread's white text.
    Map:
    There is no map. The Inn has as much space as is needed, as many tables as is needed, as many rooms as needed (Upstairs), as many corners as needed, and so on.
    There is, however, a description:
    WOO! Descriptions!
    Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.
    However, the floors have been . . . completely changed.
    They were rough hewn logs. They are now laminated hardwood. All of the broken, dirty glasses and silverware have been removed, and replaced with better, more functional (And clean) ones. The kitchen is, by far, the best room in the inn. Sparklingly clean, the best equipment out there, and so on. The entire inn has been renovated. It is now made of better wood, and is much cleaner. It's not the prettiest building in the town, but it's functional. Which is what counts.
    Also, any damage done to the inn will fix itself by the next day. So don't worry.

Disclaimer: The only thing changing about the inn is the size. So it will allow anyone in. And will supply as many corners as needed. Nothing else is changing. And it never does change. It just . . . you watch it, it . . seems to stay the same, but you know it changes, but . . . it doesn't, but . . .. (Think about it, and your head (or whatever contains your central nervous system) will explode. This is quite an endevour to clean, so please refrain from such an action)

Tomato
    Current Staff:
    Nerick- Barkeep and Manager
    ???- Barboy (Apply within)
    Gabriella - Barmaid
    Julie - Waiter
    Jessica - Cook
    Psudonym - Bard
    (If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)
    NOW HIRING: A Waiter / Waitresses, Barboy.
    If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Nerick, IC.
    ((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to... dunno, Quinsar or Celtois.))
    Ringringringring

NPC's:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Naim Elless.
    Race: Human.
    Description: Completely average height, weight, and so on.
    He's the bartender when Nerick isn't around.

Banana phone!
    THE MENU:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
    Wines*:
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
    Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
    Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
    Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
    Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
    Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
    Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
    Coffee - buzzzzz. You'll never sleep again!
    Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
    Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode) Actually, say we didn't warn you. And sue. :P
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis. Silly Kurvy.
    Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
    Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon. Or Bigby's Crushing Tactical Nuke.
    Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste.
    Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
    Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
    Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
    Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach
    Cold Milk – For the kids
    Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy.
    Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness!

Beers, Ales & Such*: Beer beer beer jiddily beer beer beer!
    Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
    Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good Hmm . . . lawsuit, anyone? If it does kill, than it's murder, but if it doesn't, than it's false advertising.
    Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
    Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!" Garr! Arr! Marr! Blarg!
    Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind Or does it?
    Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk No 'may' about it.
    Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly Really should upgrade this to Red Bull, as that does give you wings.

Fizzy Drinks:
    (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!) Yes, yes we are.
    Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
    Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that. Or cake.
    Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream. OR ELSE!
    Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim. But not willingly
    K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good. Nope. *cries*
    Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
    The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella. Arrr.
    Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
    Peanuts Nu uh. What are we arguing about?
    Chips & Dip and salsa! Not since I have my LAZOR VIZUN!!!
    Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood Msorry, I like curry.
    Cured Ham Steak Correct you are. 5 extra awesome points to you.
    BBQ Hydra Heads *gags*
    Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta) No no, springs, like, trampolines.
    Pork Chops Hmmm . . . 'And he's watchin' us all with the poooooork! Of the chop!' doesn't quite fit . . .
    Mutton Chops Judo chop?
    Golden Apple No no no, will cause wars
    Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
    Fresh Bread And me.
    Fine Aged Cheddar >:p
    Fava Beans An those pork chops
    Birdseed for all those avians out there.
    Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
    Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
    And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
    Muffins Sadly not.
    Brownies Selling cookies . . . mutter mutter.
    Slice of cake (Chocolate, cheese, whatever...) Yes it is. You need to play Portal.
    Milkshake If I could actually eat it . . .
    Cookies For Dallas You mean Pony.
    Pie (Pick a flavor) Turquoise radish.

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems So they say.
    Dancing Fox Inn and DFI '09
    The Ballad of the Inn
    We Dream of a Town
    Spoiler
    Show

Now, compare THAT menu with this menu. Much more awesomer, huh?
    You don't see that . . . . . . . . . ./\ by the way.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2010-02-27 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The Dancing Fox Inn 60: Now with more Arabics

In the new thread, Violet is here!

Her dark red hair, tinged wtih demonhood, has been growing out more, and it's long enough to put in a ponytail now.

She walks over to a chair by a table, and sits, chilling and waiting.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

3. - Top - End - #3

Did she miss the horrible undead tentacle monster with all the teeth?

The one that is, even now, reaching out to wrap a limb around her and heft her up into the air with the intent of devouring her in a most unpleasant fashion? Because that's exactly what it's aiming to do right now.

The laser of the undead woman burns another ill smelling hole into the beast's bulk, but that doesn't seem to bother it all that much. And in this particular case bothering the creature not that much results it in snatching up a table and flinging it at the woman.

Improvised weapon ahoy!

Seems it's going to require a bit of effort to kill this thing.

Probably a fair bit of clean up afterward, too.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Table.
    Incoming.
    Vo, leaping out of the way, is hit in the leg and sent spinning across the floor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Ooh, yes. She did miss it. So did I. I should really read the old threads more often.

Violet, who used to be undead but is no more (for the second time), is lofted up into the air. "Hey, let go of me!" she struggles. If only she could reach her weapon...either the rapier or the dagger will do...

Oh, wait. That's a whip. What good will a whip do?

Aha! Like that! After some contorting, Violet manages to get into a position so that she can crack the whip at the beast. Beasts are usually afraid of whips cracking in their faces, because it's loud.

6. - Top - End - #6

Sadly the monster in question seems terribly lacking when it comes to ears. Though the gash in its flesh caused by the whip isn't at all appreciated. The thing's mouth opens wide, teeth ready to receive poor Violet into the thing's gullet.

Hopefully she'll manage to wriggle free in time. Or maybe one of those adventurers will stop dawdling around and help.

Or maybe not.

Who knows?

Oh...

And if that thing eats Violet she might end up undead again.

Just can't seem to get away from it, can she?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Eat me!
    Vo literally plucks out her right eye and tosses it at one of the monster's mouths.
    If it gets in, the eye will explode.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Maybe Leo could come; he'd help his mom. So would her daughter, who looks pretty much exactly the same as Violet, except a half year younger and less vampire/demon-y.

Or, maybe she could just try to get out, herself.

Since her children aren't here to come rescue her, she tosses the whip away, and continues to struggle out. Ooh! An exploding eyeball, that's pretty weird. You don't see one of those every day.

It kinda gives her an idea - she starts humming something (she is a musician, after all), which causes her hands to ignite, as she tries to pry herself free. Even undead don't like burning up. Besides, the music doesn't just make her hands fiery, it also makes it harder to hold onto her (along with draining the life of nearby people, but undead tentacle-things usually don't have life to be drained).

That, coupled with the explosion from the eyeball, will likely get her free.

9. - Top - End - #9

The Freelance Guild walks out of the Mordenkainen's Mansion.
    Hey, what the heck is that??
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2010-02-27 at 01:41 PM.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

10. - Top - End - #10

Something large and unpleasant, obviously.

Between flaming hands, wriggling, and the explosion in the mouth the monstrosity was trying to stuff her into, Violet is freed! Isn't that swell? The tentacle holding her explodes for some reason too. Not really sure what's up with that.

The undead tentacle monster is starting to look a bit worse for wear, though it doesn't seem to have the mental capacity for so much as self preservation either. As such it doesn't flee, but rather rakes at everyone nearby with limbs covered in teeth.

Why teeth and not claws or Talons Rebo really isn't totally sure.

Maybe it's because things with random teeth are creepier than things with random claws.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Vo gets sliced across the abdomen.
    Her blood pretty much spurts out; it's hot and black and oily.

She keeps shooting her DR revolver at its limbs.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Violet, now freed, quickly bends down to grab her whip again, and backs up. No, her hands are no longer flaming, so it's okay.

The reason she backs up is because there's a gun. And friendly fire is a no-no.

Keeping a wary eye on the tentacles, she keeps all the other people back away from the teething tentacles.

"MY BABY!" screams a woman somewhere. Why does this woman keep on leaving her baby in dangerous places?
    The baby is right next to the tentacle monster. Really close, almost snatched and eaten by the tentacles' teeth.

Vi has to make a quick decision - save the baby and get shot or save the baby and get eaten? Oh, well. It's out of her control anyway. She runs forward, ducking under a tentacle, to block the undead beastie from the baby, putting herself over it as a human shield.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Vo sees Vi leaping for the baby and growls.
    But she adjusts her area of fire so that she's shooting at bits of the beast that aren't so close to Vi.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Alright, freak! I can Turn Undead with you if you're a Lurker, so put the people down, the tentacles away, lest I turn you, and my employer Strike you!
    The holy symbol starts to glow brightly, Elendro's sword a little whiter than usual.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2010-02-27 at 02:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

The undead monster, since it happens to be rather lacking in ears, doesn't hear the paladin (or possibly Cleric)'s threat. It just keeps on flailing its horrible limbs at people. Some of which are getting shot off at this very moment.

Oh, hey! Violet is moving again!

The thing aims to lash a tentacle around her ankle and yank her into the air once more. Probably still wants to eat her.

Why?

Who knows.

Probably because PCs taste better than NPCs.

Or something.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas is here, playing guitar. His charisma can be seen from outer space, One hour of conversation with him is equivalent to 16 years of college, He can disarm you with his looks... or his hands... either way. If he were to give you directions, you'd never get lost. And you would arrive at least 5 minutes early, He doesn't need credit cards, his word is good enough. If there were an interesting gland, his would be bigger than most men’s small intestines.

Richard is here, drinking a gin and tonic.

Liam drinks.

The half dozen some soldiers are playing a table-top role-playing game.

A man enters. He has a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle a crossed his back, and wears a navy blue jumpsuit, with a buttons down the front. On the back there are a series of numbers and letters. He has a ratty beard and untamed black hair.
    avvie by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Pat undeadtimes.

Sees a young woman being snatched up by a tentacle monster!

And everybody knows what tentacle monsters do with young women.

Good thing Violet isn't a Japanese schoolgirl.

Anyway, the tentacle monster just might find itself on the receiving end of a pair of blazing green ectoblasts.

Think Delayed Blast Fireballs, just green and with extra ectoplasmy goodness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #18

No? Lesser Turn Undead!
    Holy Strike!
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2010-02-27 at 02:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

They probably do. Except NPCs don't fight back, unless there's a PC onscreen. And they don't fight back when there's a PC onscreen, unless the PC's fighting them. Or, if they have a fancy name.

Violet holds the whining baby close to her chest, and feels the air whoosh as the tentacle swings to grab her ankle again.

"Not again. Not this time." Seriously, getting attacked by tentacle monsters is starting to get old. Although, this is the first that's tried to eat her. The rest were anime-tentacles.

The demon-descended (and angel-descended) woman rolls, clutching the baby, away from the tentacle-beast, away from its grasping teeth. Rolling, barely dodging it, all while trying to soothe the baby with a lullaby.

But then, she rolls into a table; she can't roll any further. Stupid tables, why are there tables in a place where they know PCs are going to be fighting?
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-02-27 at 02:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Vocusta keeps on firing death rays at the monster. She's going all Star Trek on its arse.
    I'm the only undead atrocity around here, you walking meatloaf.
    Now die so I can get back to hating everything about myself.

She has not yet regrown her right eye. Bloody socket, yay.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Tareno sits down and sighs.
    It's been a long time.

22. - Top - End - #22

((Hey Pally? Could you describe the attacks your PCs are using? What they're aiming at? What the attack looks like and does? I can't really respond to just the name of some spell from some game since I don't know what it does.))

Oookay, so let's break things down. The holy-types are doing something. Probably something that would cause physical harm in some way to the big beasty. Though Rebo isn't exactly sure what that harm would consist of.

The undead lady is still shooting doom rays at the thing. Pew pew!

...and Pat just threw a fireball that detonates in a forty foot wide fireball with enough force to instantly vaporize a normal human being. Holy crap, seriously? Are you kidding?

The tentacle monster is slain along with several halpless civilians it had grabbed.

Nice going.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Vocusta looks over at Pat. Oh, hey, he yelled at her and Riki last night because they were tussling.
    Well, that's over with.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas sees the civilians slain and reaches into his pocket...

((DEADTHYME))
    Last edited by Chas the mage; 2010-02-27 at 03:06 PM.
    avvie by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #25

zOMG! Dramatic tension!

26. - Top - End - #26

Good thing the baby's still alive. Since Violet was mostly blocking the blast with her back.

And, thanks to her rebirth by demonhood (along with her unusual ancestory), she doesn't get incinerated by the ghost-ball. Also, she was away a little bit. And, other reasons that aren't worth it to go into detail unless someone asks - there's too many little small things that add up to say why she survived.

Looking down at the baby with her bluish green eyes, she gets up, and brings the baby to its mother. "...here." She seems a little sad that people got incinerated. More than a little sad. Sad enough that the mother doesn't flee and scream from her demon/vampire/human appearance.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    ...and Pat just threw a fireball that detonates in a forty foot wide fireball with enough force to instantly vaporize a normal human being. Holy crap, seriously? Are you kidding?

The tentacle monster is slain along with several halpless civilians it had grabbed.

Nice going.
    ...can we say it was only a 10-foot fireball? >>

Also, he's hung out with Starkiller for too long...

...sighing, Pat shakes his head and walks over, intending to raise the innocent civilians who were collateral damage. He can do that.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Vo looks at an opportunity to cowboy-spin her gun and say something pithy.
    To hell with it.

She holsters it and returns to her corner, then works on regrowing that eye.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

So can my cleric, and my two wizards, Wish or Limited Wish may get them. Also, my Paladin has researched Raise Dead for pallies.

30. - Top - End - #30

Well if you're going to use a DnD description for a reference then you had best be clear on the blast radius, silly!

Oh.

Yeah, the undead thing is very dead. It's corpse is on fire and busy smelling terribly unpleasant. And as the thing burns away a number of thick, rock hard egg-looking things are gradually exposed.

Not like a chicken egg, mind you.

More like a Zerg egg.

All green and sort of translucent and icky.

And there appear to be people that the monster swallowed inside. Which is no doubt bad.