New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight - The reckoning/lynching

Mobius
    Your left hand free's the stake as you claw at his neck. The claws cut muscle and skin, but most of the damage they do seems to e superficial. The Vampire roars anyway and bludgeons his fist at the side of Mobius's head. The blow is clumsy, unscientific, but the vampire is obscenely strong. Anyone hit by the fist is going to suffer.
    Again, you find yourself knocked off his back, as the vampire lumbers after you, unsteady due to the injuries received.
    Alucard
    Alucard is driven to the main road in a military van, with the Hellsing crest on the side. the agent lets him out, then drives off, leaving him in the middle of a town, well armed and surrounded by victims. But he had more important things to do then mindless brutally, somewhere around was the biggest disgrace to his species, ever. They must be part of Abhartach's brood, nothing to do with his bloodline.
    BJ
    The girl's head is knocked bodily off in a pray of gore, leaving a pulpy mess.
    Artemis
    The boy looks up. "Ah, I've been waiting for you. I trust you have what we agreed?"
    (I don't know Artemis's plan, but I'm assuming he is taking advantage of these proceedings rather then going for the killcount. I suppose I'll have to point you based on some other system.)
    Solomon
    Jasper's gaze flickered to the staff. He looked for a moment like he was going to swear, his eyes narrowing alarmingly, but instead stood up so abruptly his chair fell over. Leaving enough money on the table to make a generous deposit on a house he stood up abruptly and stalked out of the building, crossing his arms as he walked.
    Hellboy
    The wolves remain where they were for a few more minutes, then, at the prompt of some distant howl, flit away, lean shadows in the moonlight, gone from sight in a few more moments.
    You can't help but wonder if not acting just killed some innocent.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:20 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deciding he better not risk it, even if she is legally and in all sense of the word, dead, BJ pulls out the flamethrower and torches her remains, don't want any chance of revival or regeneration or something. The he moves on through the door she led him to, but not before shooting the last four shots in the MP40 clip into her decapitated and scorched head so that he may reload, and seal the deal.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2009-11-26 at 10:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Jane is dead. So dead that it is as though she never existed.

For killing Jane, member of the Volturri, you are awarded ten points. Combat and movement phases over. Unless you have any further actions, turn ends in the sewers, see you tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay I'm done, ending turn. Well that was interesting, and hooray for overkill.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

"How does Blade do this on his own?" Morbius asks rehtorically as he hits the group slightly disoriented. As the Emmete makes his charge Morbius aims the pole where the vampire's heart should be and lunges forward with the full force of his meager super strength.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"You? You were the reason my Abraham had to go back in 1897 to finish the beast? Well then I have a question: Why did you leave him? Vlad had a way with his servants, why did you abandon him? Abraham did not mention you when I spoke to him about his dealings with Dracula. You must've left him before my son went to Transylvania" Gabriel asked, pushing the cross in closer, while Carlisle shrieked and hissed and tried to claw towards it, anything to escape the image of Christ. Quickly, Gabriel glanced back towards the doorway where Carlisle's bride should've come out of minutes ago.

"So, it seems like your bride has abandoned you. Odd, no? That your Master's three brides were more loyal to him than your one has been to you." Gabriel remarked, though he kept his pistol trained on the doorway just in case.

"Now tell me, under pain of the Rite, where in Italy will Edward and Bella be? I do not believe they will take up with the Volturi, that would be too obvious. Nor will the Volturi take them in, they do not want to bring the whole Order down on their heads." At that moment, Gabriel heard footsteps on the marble floors of the foyer below. He turned his head and, not quite to his surprise, he saw Harry Dresden standing there in the open doorway.

((I don't thinking I'm powerplaying, thorgrim did say he was heading to the Cullen house. I can edit this if you think otherwise))
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Solomon follows closely behind Jasper as he leaves in hopes of determining his place of habitation. At the same time he pays close attention to his staff in case of other supernatual evil. When no one can see him, Kane removes the pistols from his knapsack and replaces them in specially hidden holsters concealed within his coat. He then keeps walking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Mobius
    The poles goes through his chest, emerging out the other side in a spray of gore. The big vampires momentum carries him a few more steps before he collapses, still impaled. crudely, occasionally twitching. He's dead.
    Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    ((I don't thinking I'm powerplaying, thorgrim did say he was heading to the Cullen house. I can edit this if you think otherwise))
    ((Oh, you're not, don't worry about that. I'm really enjoying this.))

"A disagreement over a women." Carlisle replied. "One Mina Harker. I left before it could turn violent." He ignored the barb about Esme, though he narrowed his eyes.
    "They'll leave first thing tomorrow, with their daughter." He said, suddenly very helpful. "They're going to go..." At that moment Dresden walked in. Taking advantage of the sudden distraction, he sunk his fist into Van Helsing's right kidney, then bolted for the stairs with incredible speed.

Solomon Kane
    Jasper is waiting for you at the corner. "I'm alone. I have no girlfriend, that was just to try to get you to leave. And I don't want to fight you." He says, holding his hands to his sides.
    He sighs a long suffering sigh. "But if you make me, you will regret it I assure you."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hellboy goes to where the wolves were standing. He wonders if for a moment if maybe they were skinwalkers instead of actual lycans. Stupid thought, seeing as how they had no skins. Either way, it's a small comfort. He's got silver bullets, and he's got wolf's bane. He looks at the ground for paw/footprints, anything. Something that big should have left a trail. He's just gotta' follow that and go straight to the den, he thinks as he starts replaces his regular ammo with the silver in his gun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #70

Morbius wanders over to the bar and grabs three bottles of different types of liquor and pours them on the vampire corpes.

"It shouldn't have to be like this but alas it wasn't meant to be." Morbius lights a match and throws it on the corpse. "Of course now I'm stuck with no leads and I don't even know who off of my list I killed."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

"Girlycard" as I will call "him" to avoid any gender confusion, looks around at the blindly ignorant masses around him, so stupidly blind they could not see the vomit inducing disgrace that lived in this very town.

Girlycard sniffed deeply, for a moment looking like someone enjoying a well cooked meal's aroma before digging in to it with much gutso. Yes... Girlycard could smell it on the air even now, a nausea inducing mixture of Juniper, and body glitter. Such a disgrace to the name of Nosferatu... The Wanna be Wher Wolves could wait.

Now... Girlycard was about to investigate those unworthy of the name Vampire.... Girlycard would have to show them what he did to those who he considered unworthy.

So, Girlycard sauntered towards the "Collins?", or was it "Cullens?" Girlycard didn't really care. They were dead anyway.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Crap, superninjad, rewriting right now
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2009-11-26 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellboy
    It's a trail any blind man could spot. Whatever they were, they didn't see the need in concealing their presence. They were confident.
    The trail of crushed plants, paw prints and broken branches was leading towards the reservation, when it stopped, and instead went sharply right. No. It split. Two of the wolves went of towards the reservation, while the others continued right,. They had slowed their pace, and the trail was so fresh he almost felt he could smell them.
    Morbius.
    Congratulations. You are hereby awarded ten points for your first kill. Assuming no more actions, you end turn in this nightclub (well, actually you run from the police and camp in a hotel you had already rented under an alliance, but by rule purposes...)
    Alucard
    The scent leads you towards a parked yellow ferrari, were a stunningly attractive, short, pixie-like girl with short hair, and a orange cocktail dress is anxiously going through her purse, looking for something. She is whispering silently. "Crap, crap, crap, any second now..." that you can hear easily even from almost a block away. Due to the overcast sky, she is not sparkling.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

With a sudden motion Solomon Kane thrust the shapr end of his staff towards Jasper undefended chest, then stopped, mere inches away and said, "Then tell me but one thing good sir, where are Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. I also pray thee to be honest and forthright, lest you should be forced into fighting me. Because if it were to come to that, you would not live to regret it. I have slain dozens of vampires before by myself. Do not try me."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Stupid... or very smart. My money's on the first."

Hellboy keeps his gun at the ready, and decides to follow the trail going right. If he could catch the lone one, maybe he could get some answers, or at least a new coat. He knows it's pointless, considering he's bright red, stinks like brimstone and cheap vodka, and is over six feet tall, but he occasionally ducks behind trees, ***** a pointed ear, and checks on his surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kane
    Jasper blinks. He was fast, but time was constant, and Solomon Kane was just as fast. Swallowing, he took a step back. "Look, I am not going to betray anyone. Sorry, but I'm not that sort of person. So then I suppose we're going to have to fight. He raises his hands, singing his centre of balance, then suddenly turns and bolts, flying down the street.
    Hellboy
    Ahead, he see's a very attractive brunette getting dressed, looking for all the world like most deceptions of Jane from Tarzan. She has clearly noticed him, but is pointedly ignoring him, no doubt thinking he's one of her fellow wolves. How she can think that is anyone's guess, but needs must when the devil drives.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As I arrived, prepared for trouble, I had the surprise of overhearing a conversation between two man, then a oof of surprised pain. A form came blurring down the stairs, and would have made it past me if I had not just activated my shield bracelet with a thought. The multicoloured shield that sprung up in a flat pane in front of me was able to stop most things, but mostly force. Seeing the speed of the thing, I angled the shield to catch it and send it into the ceiling. It fell down heavily, and when it looked up to me, hate and bloodlust in it's eyes, it saw my left hand pointing a two foot long, glowing piece of wood at it while I maintained the shield between us.

Do not move or I will burn your head off.

18. - Top - End - #78

First things first Morbius takes some of the so called "venom" off of his finger nails and puts it into a petri disk he was carrying in his belt. "No other leads perhaps I can develop a manner to detect these faux-vampires later."

He also loots the dead HAMMER agent of his sidearm which seems to be modified to shoot surplus BPRD general anti-paranormal rounds and his badge. "He won't be needing these anymore."

Then and only then does the living vampire flee into the night.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Carlisle swore. He did it surprisingly well, glaring at Harry, though occasionally his gaze would flicker to the stake. "How many of you bastards are there?" He said between profanities, though he at least had the good sense to not move.
    Mobius
    Well done, your turn is over. See you tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 10:57 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Artemis nods at the boy. "Of course. We're both professionals, aren't we? First, of course, I would like to ask a few questions. I'd love to learn your name, first of all. I'm sure you know me. All other questions are up to you: their quantity and quality determine the amount of gold in this briefcase, which shall be left at the location of your choosing this evening."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((This happens 'before' Harry immobilizes Carlisle, since that was posted while I was typing this))

"Harry? Don't you remember me? Gabriel Van Helsing, from the Knights of the Holy Order... 1994? Burkittsville, Maryland? Spent a week in the woods up there, tracking those three stupid teenagers who had angered the spirit of a witch?" Gabriel said, surprised that Harry Dresden had forgotten the week they had gotten on each other's nerves royally while looking for the three teenagers. At that moment, Carlisle used Gabriel's distraction to drive his fist into his right kidney. Van Helsing breathed out sharply as the pain stabbed through the right side of his body.

"Agh, bastard!" He swore loudly, as he turned his pistol on the fleeing vampire. Shots rang out as he squeezed off three rounds in rapid succession. Holstering his pistol and putting away his cross, he quickly brought out the crossbow and held down the trigger. The crossbow made it's distinctive rattle as a rain of stakes was launched towards Carlisle at high speed. Gabriel led his target considerably, knowing that at vampiric speed, he'd have to aim where Carlisle was going to be, rather than where he was.
    Last edited by Executor; 2009-11-26 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hellboy takes a shot at her leg with his gun, and keeps some powdered wolf's bane clutched in his stone fist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Hellboy
    It's a trail any blind man could spot. Whatever they were, they didn't see the need in concealing their presence. They were confident.
    The trail of crushed plants, paw prints and broken branches was leading towards the reservation, when it stopped, and instead went sharply right. No. It split. Two of the wolves went of towards the reservation, while the others continued right,. They had slowed their pace, and the trail was so fresh he almost felt he could smell them.
    Morbius.
    Congratulations. You are hereby awarded ten points for your first kill. Assuming no more actions, you end turn in this nightclub (well, actually you run from the police and camp in a hotel you had already rented under an alliance, but by rule purposes...)
    Alucard
    The scent leads you towards a parked yellow ferrari, were a stunningly attractive, short, pixie-like girl with short hair, and a orange cocktail dress is anxiously going through her purse, looking for something. She is whispering silently. "Crap, crap, crap, any second now..." that you can hear easily even from almost a block away. Due to the overcast sky, she is not sparkling.
    Girlycard moves with blinding speed even for a vampire, her industrial duster billowing with wind from the movement, the red tinted sun glasses glinting malicious intent as she aimed a line of fire low, silver bullets with HE tips and mercury cores aiming to cut her down at the knees.

Normally, Girlycard would have waited a bit longer, but the scent was unmistakable, and he needed to work quickly if he wanted to kill them before the others she smelled on the air decided to steal her kill, or to get those who would be next on her list.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellboy
    The shot punches into her upper thigh, shattering bone and boring through flesh, leaving a terrible wound. She screams and falls flat on her face, and for a moment it seems as though she's about to pass out. In the end she just lies face down in the dirt, moaning.
    Harry/Gabriel
    Carlisle pulls the two bolts out of his back, wincing as he did so. both were perilously close to his heart, and another had grazed his shoulder. His open white shirt was stained a deep red. He'd stopped swearing, but only because he seemed to have run out of words.
    Artemis
    The vampire rubbed his hands. A tell, the poker player in Artemis thought. "My name, is Alec." He said, his voice quiet, a calculating expression on his face. "But you already know that, of course."
    He moved over, making Artemis room. "And you know who I represent. What I don't know is what you want, so I'll be direct. What can we do for you, Artemis?"
    Alucard
    The girl's legs were both blown off at the knee's. With a high pitched scream she fell face first onto the concrete. Her nails clawed at the stone, digging deep furrows, and she managed to force herself to look up at Girlycard's features. Girlycard was smiling like a psychopath on the wrong medication.
    "You... you won't find them." She chokes, as her eyes rolled back and she went into shock, convulsing with the pain.
    She couldn't even grow back her legs. Disgraceful.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 11:20 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cautiously, Hellboy sprints over. He puts a hoof on her neck and kneels down, his gun right next to her temple. "Alright, little lady. You're gonna' tell me what I want to know, or you're gonna' get a face full of wolf's bane. We clear? Good. First question. What the Hell is going on around here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellboy
    She manages a weak laugh that ends in the bastard offspring of a choke and a sob. "You're asking me? The big red demon is asking the girl he just shot what's strange?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 11:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    The shot punches into her upper thigh, shattering bone and boring through flesh, leaving a terrible wound. She screams and falls flat on her face, and for a moment it seems as though she's about to pass out. In the end she just lies face down in the dirt, moaning.
    Girlycard sighs, and attempts to grasp the sad attempt at Nosferatu by her hair, if sucessful, she will breathe a heavy cloud of breath into the Michigan air, and spoke, her voice a dark melody, tinkling like a ominous bell.

"I bet your thinking I'm going to question you, you filthy sack of disgusting puss. However, I'm not in the mood for waiting."

Then, if the previous acts were successful Girlycard will sink her teeth into the failure at the attempt of a mimicry of Nosferatu.

For you see, Girlycard didn't need to go through the bother some process of breaking someone, for he could simply devour their soul, and gain whatever knowledge they have.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

He sprinkles a little wolf's bane in her eyes. "No, I'm asking the -werewolf- I just shot what's strange, and now I'm asking again. Don't think I don't have more of this stuff."

((Yo, Surgeon, he was talkin' to me.))
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2009-11-26 at 11:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Alucard
    A curious blend of memories, what is, what has been and what will be sink into you. The girl is not fixed in time, somehow, and many of her memories are totally useless.
    You feel her soul merge with yours, then laugh. You know where the rest of them are. (I'll PM you everyone's locations tomorrow. You can pick and choose.)
    She screams, even more piercingly then when you shot her leg.
    "Allright, allright. A whole bunch of strangers are coming into town, looking for vampires. And killing any they find. We were trying to find them, and get rid of them." Suddenly she looks up. "Ah, that's probably not the right thing to say to you... that is... look, we're harmless. We leave the town alone, OK? So do they. Bella wanted to be bitten. And I don't get the big deal about Renesmee, sure, she ages fast, but she wouldn't hurt anyone."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-26 at 11:30 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((Oh that's not a stake, though it can so be used by one if one needs to "make like Buffy", it's a blasting rod))

Christ Gabriel, I was just a kid back then. Things happened since then you know, plus you wear that bandanna half the time. So no I didn't recognize you from 50 yards away in shadows. Come help me with that thing okay?

My sight had never left the vampire while I bantered with one of my old comrades in arms, nor had my concentration wavered. Important lesson kids, when dealing with things that can rip you heart off and beat you to death with it before you loose consciousness, it pays to be cocky. Perception is reality

Carlile Cullen I presume. I am Warden Harry Dresden of the White Council. If you agree, I propose a ten minute truce under the terms of the Unseelie Accords. We need to talk. If you do not agree, or try to escape, I will blow your head off, then on the off chance that doesn't kill you I will allow Gabriel to perform a very painful ritual on you. What say you?

((going to bed kids, will try to post in the morning, if not see you at midday))